Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Oh man the T5 AMC carbine for the TR is so amazing. :fap: Slap a compensator, HVA, and forward grip and find a good high location with the light assault and print certs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Yesssss the AMC is awesome. Best gun for roof sniping and can give you fights on open ground too.

KomradeVirtunov
Sep 14, 2007

rarbatrol posted:

So there's a new Palm camo for sale... I'm wondering if anybody's seen people running around with it, and how it looks.

Terrrrrrrrrrrrrible. Like your dad wearing patterns only seen on a couch in the 1970s.

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
Looks poo poo on Vanu, pretty funny on NC. On vehicles I like it for the Sunderer. The ultimate party bus :v:

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

KomradeVirtunov posted:

Terrrrrrrrrrrrrible. Like your dad wearing patterns only seen on a couch in the 1970s.

That's a fair and accurate description of it. Which is why I bought it immediately. :v:

Psykmoe posted:

Looks poo poo on Vanu, pretty funny on NC. On vehicles I like it for the Sunderer. The ultimate party bus :v:

Yea, it looks actually pretty good on Vehicles. On Vanu soldiers it looks hilariously bad. On weapons, Eh it's just another weapon skin.

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
I think it looks better on NC because on their wrinkly clothes under the armor it reminds me of a tasteless hawaian shirt or lame upholstery pattern, but on Vanu spandex it just looks totally out of place.

Strategy
Jul 1, 2002
What am I missing with this summer kick off sale, is there not actually anything on sale besides the new camo and 3 decals?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I can't actually see the Palm camo for guns or people, but I grabbed the vehicle camo because gently caress yes.

If only it was Empire specific so NC could have a paisley blue one with bright white palm fronds on it.

Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011

Fuzz posted:

I can't actually see the Palm camo for guns or people, but I grabbed the vehicle camo because gently caress yes.

If only it was Empire specific so NC could have a paisley blue one with bright white palm fronds on it.

Just search for 'palm' in the store, it'll show up there.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Augh, at this rate I'll have to give up on this weekend. The lag is too unbearable and, unlike some other jerks :argh: I can't get kills by firing into random space hoping that the game thinks I'm hitting someone. Getting 1000+ XP on a single extreme menace kill was pretty satisfying though.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Any NC player have experience with the pump-action shotguns? I'm just wondering which one would be better, and I'm kinda sorta leaning towards the Claw since it supposedly fires faster, and has a tighter spread albeit with one less pellet. Any insight would be appreciated.
I did try both in the VR training, but couldn't quite get conclusive results.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

The Bruiser shoots slightly slower, but can mow down a fully shielded heavy in one shot. Same goes for the Blackjack and Deimos. I'd go with those. If you're going to use a win-cannon, you need to be efficient.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.
The Bruiser doesn't get a lot of love, but it's the way to go if you must have a pump-action. Honestly though, the refire rate is too slow on the pump-actions to make up for the alpha damage. If you don't already have a shotgun, get the piston because that's still king.

Citizen Zee
Aug 25, 2004
It was music first, jerk.
For the most part I play a Medic with an SMG Infiltrator as a kind of side hobby. For the medic, I've reached a point where I can either max out the medic gun for 500 certs or pick up the rez grenade for 400 and invest in some extra armor or something. The question is whether or not the rez grenade is worth having for the cert cost. It seems a bit situational, whereas I'm always using my medic gun and the added range and speed of the healing will pay off more regularly.

Do any other medics out there have thoughts on which way to go? Maybe I'm missing the true worth of the rez grenade.

Edit: Sub-question - is there any camo that actually looks good on the NC?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Citizen Zee posted:

For the most part I play a Medic with an SMG Infiltrator as a kind of side hobby. For the medic, I've reached a point where I can either max out the medic gun for 500 certs or pick up the rez grenade for 400 and invest in some extra armor or something. The question is whether or not the rez grenade is worth having for the cert cost. It seems a bit situational, whereas I'm always using my medic gun and the added range and speed of the healing will pay off more regularly.

Do any other medics out there have thoughts on which way to go? Maybe I'm missing the true worth of the rez grenade.

Revive grenades are really, really good in certain situations. Totally worth it.

Edit: Misread your question, definitely cert your medic gun first.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Take revive grenades into a Bio Lab, enjoy certs.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Citizen Zee posted:

Amerish scrub is a nice dark green. And I forgot the name but there is one that is almost all white and great for Esamir. Other than that, no most of our camo looks awful.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
The palm camo will be handy if we ever need to hide a Sunderer near Weird Al Yankovic.

kidRiot
Dec 14, 2007

"I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you're only going to kill a man."

Evilreaver posted:

Tower battle + R5 Medgun + doublezerg = 100k exp/hour :stonk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKMftD7On10

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

quote:

I dig Indar Dry Ocean, but you have to have a full-face helmet of some type to make that look nice. Example:

Amber Alert
Aug 28, 2009

fuk cyka

one session. 7 hours. 1040 certs. not proud.

at least i have an operational battle galaxy now!

:smithicide:

however someone did point out that it was a miracle my client didn't crash once

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD
The executable is apparently large address aware since the memory crash is triggered when the exe's RAM usage goes over 3gb.

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY

Clamps McGraw posted:

I dig Indar Dry Ocean, but you have to have a full-face helmet of some type to make that look nice.

Full-face helms and composite armour are pretty much mandatory if you're gonna spend $$$ on cosmetics.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I just took a good look at the lattice because once again, VS and TR are doubleteaming the NC... and I figured out why... the lattice is laid out stupidly as gently caress. There are multiple connections from the North and SW warpgate to the SE, but there are very few connections between the North WG and the SW one.

1- The connection between Zurvan Pump Station and Gravel Pass needs to go, and Gravel Pass should conect to Zurvan Network Complex or just directly to the Amp station and become a satellite.

2- Zurvan Storage Yard should just be deleted and that Zurvan Gravel Pass area should be the new third satellite.

3- Quartz Ridge should have a connection to Indar Comm Array

4- Ceres Hydroponics should connect to Galaxy Solar Plant

5- CoraMed Labs should be removed and Indar Excavation Site shoudl link directly to Dahaka Uplink Hub.

6- A new satellite should be placed to the N-NE of Dahaka, and Alkali Mining Supply and Dahaka Pump Station should link to that. Dahaka Pump Station should be converted to a regular base, or moved closer to J908 Impact Site.

7- NS Research Labs just needs to go, it's horribly placed for being a separate spur from Regent Rock, and makes Regent Rock impossible to take. Peris Field Tower should link directly to Vanu Archives.

8- Highlands Substation should be removed and Ceres Biotech should link directly to Peris barracks.

Hog Jowls
Apr 10, 2004

The ditch is nearer.

Fuzz posted:

I just took a good look at the lattice because once again, VS and TR are doubleteaming the NC... and I figured out why... the lattice is laid out stupidly as gently caress. There are multiple connections from the North and SW warpgate to the SE, but there are very few connections between the North WG and the SW one.
roll list
Indar has always been laid out fairly piss-poorly, and I think they set up the lattice based upon the terrain, rather than what works for balance. The important bases are laid out kind of asymmetrically, so they probably just fudged stuff and went by what seemed appropriate. The sad part is, they could have easily used some basic statistics to give equal weight to all the paths, and done it mathematically, with hardly any effort.

Grooveh
Apr 14, 2007
Why yes, I do enjoy banana bread muffins.
This really freaked me out today. Scout Radar told me I was safe. I wasn't. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pswdeDGHrw

Amber Alert
Aug 28, 2009

fuk cyka

Grooveh posted:

This really freaked me out today. Scout Radar told me I was safe. I wasn't. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pswdeDGHrw

looks like the way you set the reaver down flipped it, causing it to asplode. reavers aren't good at scouting when asploded :(

Grooveh
Apr 14, 2007

Amber Alert posted:

looks like the way you set the reaver down flipped it, causing it to asplode. reavers aren't good at scouting when asploded :(

That was what I thought at first while it was happening to me, but actually a drop pod of a guy I had just killed landed on it, which was quite unexpected because I had already destroyed the beacon, but the pod was already en route before then. By the way, Scout Radar will continue working for several seconds after an ESF explodes.

Grooveh fucked around with this message at 11:49 on May 26, 2013

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
And as I crested the hill leading up from the frozen river below Stillwater towards the NC warpgate in my Harasser, there it lay, an entire VS platoon on foot.

I tried to make a second pass but got killed by "N/A NS-10 Burster"

Solanumai fucked around with this message at 05:47 on May 26, 2013

Grooveh
Apr 14, 2007
Does the Harasser require a certain chassis to be good at roadkilling? I assume there's a minimum speed, etc. I know I certainly TK more people with Racer 3 than Rival 3 on my Sunderers.

Grooveh fucked around with this message at 06:04 on May 26, 2013

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Grooveh posted:

Does the Harasser require a certain chassis to be good at roadkilling? I assume there's a minimum speed, etc.

Speaking of which, is it still the case that the maneuverability-improving chassis for the magrider lifts it too far off the ground to run people over?

Smegmatron
Apr 23, 2003

I hate to advocate emptyquoting or shitposting to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

Ersatz posted:

Speaking of which, is it still the case that the maneuverability-improving chassis for the magrider lifts it too far off the ground to run people over?

On flat terrain no, on slopes sometimes.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Its been ages since I've really gotten into planetside again, but when did they adjust the striker rocket flightpaths?

I had a dumb goofy grin on my face the first time I noticed this change, striker don't care bout half the cover ground vehicles try to hide in :effort:.

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

Ersatz posted:

Not necessarily chassis related, but you want to make sure you smoosh somebody use nitro.

Drake I think strikers are supposed to be bugged (or maybe working as intended) and they just go around terrain, not just around but possibly through, the only way to avoid them is flares now.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Well playing with the striker for the day, the soaring rockets that rain down flightpath seems to occur most when vehicles are perched upwards on a hill/cliff.

Probably a lazy fix so rockets don't slam into terrain infront of a locked vehicle. But man this is comical overkill, those things just rain death downwards.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

People really just don't know how to deal with a ZOE MAX that charges around a corner into their infantry huddle, do they? :getin:

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Drakes posted:

Well playing with the striker for the day, the soaring rockets that rain down flightpath seems to occur most when vehicles are perched upwards on a hill/cliff.

Probably a lazy fix so rockets don't slam into terrain infront of a locked vehicle. But man this is comical overkill, those things just rain death downwards.

It's specifically for the Striker; the Annihilator and factional Lock-ons don't have this kind of 'smart' tracking.

edit: I'd rather that Sony first look at how to make the Aegis more useful before looking to nerf ZOE into uselessness. After eating rocket splash and dying with the shield up several times tonight, I'm about to give up on forcing myself to like it. It's just not working.

novaSphere fucked around with this message at 06:58 on May 26, 2013

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Thundarr posted:

People really just don't know how to deal with a ZOE MAX that charges around a corner into their infantry huddle, do they? :getin:

I can't wait until they nerf the poo poo out of it.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Yeah, ZOE is broken as poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

All they need to do to nerf it is for people to not go all deer-in-the-headlights and shoot me. By rights there's no way I should have survived some of the poo poo I've pulled since GU9 if even a few of those guys had the wherewithal to actually return fire.

• Locked thread