Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Pawl posted:

Apparently Engineers will tank by equipping a giant suit of robotic armor and getting into melee.

Truly the best class.

:swoon: Fukkin' sold!

Macaluso posted:

Jak and Daxter

Even moreso. I love the Jak set of games, mainly the first and third, for its artstyle and characters, such a good platformer series. Too bad naughty dog abandoned it. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
Female Cassian Scientist/Medic, prime SFD material. :allears:

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer
Furby in a mech suit tanking settler.

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

A quintessential being known throughout the Realm as the 'Dungeon Master'. :rolldice:

Pawl posted:

Apparently Engineers will tank by equipping a giant suit of robotic armor and getting into melee.

Truly the best class.

Uh, this sounds like the best thing ever. Count me in. I might have to change from my first character being a medic to being an Engineer.

Merope
Apr 19, 2010

Smurf it up

FoolishLobster posted:

Interview with Polycount about stuff. 3 pages of Wildstar goodness:

http://www.polycount.com/2013/06/03/wildstar-behind-the-scenes/#start-reading

Urgh not that P word again. I had enough of it from all the GW2 marketing and reviews to last me a lifetime.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Merope posted:

Urgh not that P word again. I had enough of it from all the GW2 marketing and reviews to last me a lifetime.

I had the exact same reaction. I'm not even sure it's accurate in this case.

Good interview regardless, though.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The P word?

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Painterly?

Fat Aggression
Aug 18, 2006

That really was a nice article. The world actually looks fun to explore, which is not a feeling I've gotten from most MMOs.

johnsonrod
Oct 25, 2004

I started a google docs sheet since no body else has to see what kind of interest there is for the 40 man test group. It's pretty basic so if anyone has anything they think should be on there feel free to edit it. Right now it's open for editing for anyone with the link but if it gets all poo poo up then I can change it and add in names manually.

Also, I'm not volunteering to actually lead the raid since I haven't since WoW vanilla days but I don't mind doing the initial organizing. Hopefully the people at Wildstar will give some raid composition advice once it gets a bit closer and they know what's being tested (if we're actually picked.)

Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmPRA93TR5sudFlxYTI2TGVGZ2lTNlpOb2VTanUtTlE&usp=sharing

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles

Korlac posted:

Uh, this sounds like the best thing ever. Count me in. I might have to change from my first character being a medic to being an Engineer.

Medics use "shockpads", which are giant electrified punching gloves similar to WH40k Power Fists.
They don't use any magic at all. All their healing is done by surgical equipment (needles, bonesaws, large syringes, etc.) and medical drones.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Was going to make a google doc then this rear end in a top hat has to go be helpful, as for scaling do we know if carbine are going to have it so 40 mans don't scale organically into smaller content so you always have more tanks for dungeons than you need for raiding?

Edit: I also Feel I have started the dangerous "Whatever" trend on the google doc

Stormgale fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jun 4, 2013

Tyberius
Oct 21, 2006

Having too many/not enough tanks/healers will always be an issue and with every class being able to fill either role will make loot juggling even more "fun" for people rolling on this or that for whatever. Hopefully the circuit board method will keep loot drama to a minimum.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

johnsonrod posted:

I started a google docs sheet since no body else has to see what kind of interest there is for the 40 man test group. It's pretty basic so if anyone has anything they think should be on there feel free to edit it. Right now it's open for editing for anyone with the link but if it gets all poo poo up then I can change it and add in names manually.

Also, I'm not volunteering to actually lead the raid since I haven't since WoW vanilla days but I don't mind doing the initial organizing. Hopefully the people at Wildstar will give some raid composition advice once it gets a bit closer and they know what's being tested (if we're actually picked.)

Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmPRA93TR5sudFlxYTI2TGVGZ2lTNlpOb2VTanUtTlE&usp=sharing

Eh done, more medics for the medic god or something.

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer

johnsonrod posted:

Maybe some method of contact?

Tyberius
Oct 21, 2006

sTickHead posted:

Maybe some method of contact?

A wildstar steam group maybe?

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
Signing up because I love finding bugs in raids.

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles
Seems like most people either want to play Dominion or don't care, so we're probably going to be Dominion. Somebody should make a Steam group for this, it's an easy way to stay in contact.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

Pawl posted:

Seems like most people either want to play Dominion or don't care, so we're probably going to be Dominion. Somebody should make a Steam group for this, it's an easy way to stay in contact.

Who wouldn't want to be the evil space British? :britain:

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Also signed up because I want to break poo poo. I'm also assuming there isn't anything about how many of each role we'll need so that we'll be literally charging in blind.

Which is the best way. :hist101:

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Also signed up because I want to break poo poo. I'm also assuming there isn't anything about how many of each role we'll need so that we'll be literally charging in blind.

Which is the best way. :hist101:

Yeah pretty much anyone that volunteers to test stuff like this has to be flexible.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
Signed up because this could be pretty fun.

Pryce
May 21, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

10 bucks says we have raiding drama/burnout and a splinter before the game even comes out.

Secretly hoping for this because I'm an evil bastard. :smugdog:

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
I'd sign up if I had a beta invite :saddowns:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Doh004 posted:

I'd sign up if I had a beta invite :saddowns:

I think that this might be separate and not contingent on your already being invited to the beta.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

CLAM DOWN posted:

10 bucks says we have raiding drama/burnout and a splinter before the game even comes out.

I swear this actually happened for a game once. Which one was it?

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

Pryce posted:

Secretly hoping for this because I'm an evil bastard. :smugdog:

If we don't I am going to be disappointed.

roastpork
Oct 13, 2005

My underbelly is rock hard. It can go all night.

CLAM DOWN posted:

You mean that isn't what we were signing up for?

Soda Addict
Apr 19, 2003
Insert Something Here

roastpork posted:

I assumed we're signing up to die over and over again on the first boss.

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

A quintessential being known throughout the Realm as the 'Dungeon Master'. :rolldice:

Pawl posted:

Medics use "shockpads", which are giant electrified punching gloves similar to WH40k Power Fists.
They don't use any magic at all. All their healing is done by surgical equipment (needles, bonesaws, large syringes, etc.) and medical drones.

Okay, I could dig that too! Everything about this game is sounding better and better.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
Signed up even though it's over 40 now

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

roastpork posted:

My assumption was that we're signing up to get invited to shove 40 bodies into a meat grinder test raiding.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Signed up because it'd be fun to die to the first boss over and over again.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Pawl posted:

Well, I was going to play a Spellslinger but I have no idea how any rational human being could pass this up.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

Harrow posted:

I think that this might be separate and not contingent on your already being invited to the beta.

Oh? :ohdear:

johnsonrod
Oct 25, 2004

Made a steam group.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WildstarGoons

Anyone can invite once they're in the group so just join the chat and ask for one. I asked them for details on twitter so hopefully we find something out.

They've said it's separate from the beta.

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer
I've never lead any kind of raid's before, but i manage a bunch of idiots at work. So i'll volunteer myself as a leader if no one else is gonna step up.

Tyberius
Oct 21, 2006

These cats aren't going to tie themselves up in a sack and get tossed down a flight of stairs.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

johnsonrod posted:

Made a steam group.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WildstarGoons

Anyone can invite once they're in the group so just join the chat and ask for one. I asked them for details on twitter so hopefully we find something out.

They've said it's separate from the beta.

Time for Futile Beta Quest 2013. Hopefully I'll get to try out at least the controls before the game comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

johnsonrod posted:

I can do it. The only deal is I won't take things super seriously. If I lead we're there to just gently caress around and have fun. Maybe do drinking games while we try and kill bosses n poo poo. I haven't lead in ages, but it shouldn't be that bad as long as we're all drinking heavily and happily.

EDIT:

Also I love how quickly the doc is getting out of hand.

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jun 5, 2013

• Locked thread