Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Malachite posted:

I've been having trouble with the down-back input on my stick recently(HRAP3SA). When I check it in training mode, it goes from down straight to back, skipping over the downback input unless I ride the gate. It isn't horrible because the input still works but it definitely seems less sensitive than it used to be. I'm kind of surprised because my experience with sticks is its always a button wearing out.

Is this something I can fix with a little maintenance or is it time to order a new part?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9sWyH49lP4

This is what I thought of first- It's the down-back motion that's not reading, so it could just be worn out. He states that in the video that down motions usually go first, because of all the quarter-circle motions and whatnot.

the real arcade pro uses a Sanwa JLF-TP8Y-SK, I tried looking for a replacement sensor for it but can't find one right away. You'd have to solder though, which scares some people.

http://www.arcadespareparts.com/arcade_parts/sanwa_parts/sanwa_joystick_jlf_tp_8y_sk_k_black/13033.html has a replacement Sanwa JLF-TP8Y-SK for 19 bucks (and 5$ shipping) if you can't find a sensor, and you wouldn't have to solder- you could just screw it in and plug in the 5-pin connector.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Tekken would've been the best game if it wasn't so hard to master and I really hope they make hop kicks more punishable and make the throw break window a little longer. Some older characters need to die if there is any hope of having any new characters. Way too many goddamn characters in Tag2.

S-Alpha posted:

The problem is that you're playing Tager. Seriously though, the things that ASW would need to do to him to make him good would radically change basically everything about him, and they're not willing to do that. At this rate he'll probably never really make a splash, which is kind of a shame. :(

Question Mark Mound posted:

I haven't played BB in ages, but iirc Tager's magentised grabs only grab whenever you let go of the button, so if you hold it down then you'll just stand there even if they're within throw range. Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Don't do the 360A all the time (the one you can charge), just use 360B in those cases, it's immediate. It's not invincible like 360A is sometimes, so it's more of a punishing tool than anything. If you ever get a knock down, use Gadget Finger (22D) to get them back up then mix up afterwards with some of his faster normals, a command grab if you think they'll fall for it, an atomic collider if you think they'll try to jump out of the 360, or 3C for another knockdown to start the 22D again. If you really want to get tricky, you can start whiffing atomic collider mid combo to force the opponent to guess and possibly give you a reset.

Tager has a lot of damage on face value but folks stop falling for it quickly so you have to mix it up a lot. I'm not really the best Tager but I hope this helps.

Edit: if you're talking about using magnetism to pull people closer, 4D, atomic collider and jD is safer to try it with than just holding the command grab down.

What happened to Tager from earlier versions of the game and is he better in the most recent version in the arcades?

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

uncleKitchener posted:

What happened to Tager from earlier versions of the game and is he better in the most recent version in the arcades?

No version has outright nerfed him too badly, Extend actually made him better than he has been in previous versions. Of course other characters are still better than him by default, but you take you can get as an anime grappler. Next game he loses a bit of throw damage but gains new combo potential which is nice, even some air combos.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Stupid bullshit rumors, site hit generation, etc. Click at your own risk.

Apparently, a "reputable" source has leaked that Marvel vs. Capcom 4 (8ing/Capcom) will be announced for Xbox One at E3. Of course, if they're lying, we'll know in a week.

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

Waterbed posted:

The point I'm making is both Tekken and Street Fighter have throwaway stories that are not at all important, and are only loosely developed for the sake of... it being there from legacy, and so you feel nice when you beat a bunch of dumb AI opponent. The difference is Street Fighter games tend to actually take themselves seriously while Tekken doesn't. You're not going to get anything meaningful beating the game with Deejay, but you might laugh when beating a Tekken game with Paul.

I never said there were story modes in either game.

Both games have comic relief character storylines and super serious macho ones, El Fuerte's terrible cooking, Abel being a fan of Fei Long's movies, Hakan's oil business are 3 examples off the top of my head from SF4. Dan is a character entirely there for comic relief and poking fun at other fighting games. I think Tekken's cutscenes are generally funnier but both of them are pretty mediocre as you'd kind of expect when the serious storylines are as bad as they are.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Broken Loose posted:

Stupid bullshit rumors, site hit generation, etc. Click at your own risk.

Apparently, a "reputable" source has leaked that Marvel vs. Capcom 4 (8ing/Capcom) will be announced for Xbox One at E3. Of course, if they're lying, we'll know in a week.

Fake, most likely. Spartan Assault has a different logo than the rumor, and a canceled game is on that list. Also Spartan Assault is listed as a One title and not a Windows 8 title. It could potentially be both, and have a different logo, and the canceled game was uh, not officially canceled, I guess.

Also Ono got promoted out of production and into a suit.

Edit: NeoGAF mod confirmed as fake as well. No dice.

brian posted:

Both games have comic relief character storylines and super serious macho ones, El Fuerte's terrible cooking, Abel being a fan of Fei Long's movies, Hakan's oil business are 3 examples off the top of my head from SF4. Dan is a character entirely there for comic relief and poking fun at other fighting games. I think Tekken's cutscenes are generally funnier but both of them are pretty mediocre as you'd kind of expect when the serious storylines are as bad as they are.

There are like three joke storylines in the Street Fighter series. The rest are played straight. The joke characters get the joke storylines. Most of the Tekken characters endings are played for laughs.

anime was right fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jun 4, 2013

South Town guy
Jun 6, 2011

Endorph posted:

Both iterations of Tekken Tag.

Before those you had the KoF dream match games, 98 and 2002. They still sneaked in some characterization, special character intros and illustrations in those.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Waterbed posted:

Fake, most likely.

leaknaki pls

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

uncleKitchener posted:

Tekken would've been the best game if it wasn't so hard to master and I really hope they make hop kicks more punishable and make the throw break window a little longer. Some older characters need to die if there is any hope of having any new characters. Way too many goddamn characters in Tag2.

There have consistently been new characters in like every version of Tekken, so I am not really sure what this means. Also there is really nothing about throws that needs to be changed (they are already breakable on reaction if you're fast, and reasonably breakable on prediction if you're not; getting grabbed a lot means you're standing around too much). Agreed that the risk:reward of throwing out launchers needs to be tweaked back toward what it was before Tag 2, however.

Basically Tekken is already the best game.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

uncleKitchener posted:

Way too many goddamn characters in Tag2.

Considering the #1 reason I've actually heard from people not wanting to get a game like Skullgirls or Jojo's is "not enough characters", I have to assume people actually want MUGEN-huge character select screens.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

TTT2 has a huge roster because it purposely threw nearly every playable character that has ever been in the regular series to date into one enormous game.

Don't expect them all to show up in Tekken 7 or for there to be a TTT3 anytime soon. So the chances of the next roster being just as large are fairly slim.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

redmercer posted:

Considering the #1 reason I've actually heard from people not wanting to get a game like Skullgirls or Jojo's is "not enough characters", I have to assume people actually want MUGEN-huge character select screens.

I was going to argue that JoJo has a lot of characters before I realized that no one plays them. :smith:

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

uncleKitchener posted:

Some older characters need to die if there is any hope of having any new characters. Way too many goddamn characters in Tag2.

There are many reasons to :argh: a game, but this is most assuredly not one of them.

I've been trying to get into Injustice lately and, goodness, you'd have to go back to the late 80's - early 90's to find an engine as stiff and janky as this one is.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Ghostpilot posted:

I've been trying to get into Injustice lately and, goodness, you'd have to go back to the late 80's - early 90's to find an engine as stiff and janky as this one is.

Or just go back to 2011 and play Mortal Kombat

40 OZ
May 16, 2003

uncleKitchener posted:

Way too many goddamn characters in Tag2

This is still an idea that people aren't even ready for but it is true.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Ghostpilot posted:

You don't get it, man. You're just a Capcom fanboy. You can't think outside the box like NRS when they attempt to reinvent the wheel and ignore industry standards with every release.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Broken Loose posted:

You don't get it, man. You're just a Capcom fanboy. You can't think outside the box like NRS when they attempt to reinvent the wheel and ignore industry standards with every release.

Injustice: A for effort, B- for everything else. Still, I like it more than a lot of other games because I can actually win matches.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Potsticker posted:

I was going to argue that JoJo has a lot of characters before I realized that no one plays them. :smith:

no one plays JoJos :smithicide:

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Liar Lyre posted:

Injustice: A for effort, B- for everything else. Still, I like it more than a lot of other games because I can actually win matches.

I hate games where I win. The only games worth playing are the ones where I get consistently mauled because I suck.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

RickoniX posted:

no one plays JoJos :smithicide:

:smith::hf::smithicide:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Naturally everyone's waiting for All-Star Battle! ...Right?!

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Policenaut posted:

Only if it comes to the States / is region-free / I move.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Don't forget that it also has to actually be a good game.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Don't forget that it also has to actually be a good game.

Doesn't stop people from playing Marvel.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Yaya posted:

Doesn't stop people from playing Marvel.

There's a difference between Marvel 3 bad and Final Fight: Streetwise bad

tony police
Sep 22, 2006

Jojo's and HnK are the two best fighting games and will continue to be until the end of the age of man :colbert:

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser

Dash O Pepper posted:

Jojo's and HnK are the two best fighting games :colbert:

HnK is conclusive evidence that there are two different scales to judge fighting games by and you can switch between them whenever it's convenient. ST Best Game, HnK Best Game

E: And if you add the two scales together the answer becomes Guilty Gear! Three best games.

tony police
Sep 22, 2006

For me the scale is between SF3:3S Best Game and HnK best game. Jojo's falls neatly in the middle, not surprisingly because it was done by the 3S team. Jojo's, HnK, and Third Strike: The Holy Trinity of Fight Games.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Dash O Pepper posted:

For me the scale is between SF3:3S Best Game and HnK best game. Jojo's falls neatly in the middle, not surprisingly because it was done by the 3S team. Jojo's, HnK, and Third Strike: The Holy Trinity of Fight Games.

...Replace 3s with A2 and we can talk.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES

Mio Bison posted:

HnK is conclusive evidence that there are two different scales to judge fighting games by and you can switch between them whenever it's convenient. ST Best Game, HnK Best Game

E: And if you add the two scales together the answer becomes Guilty Gear! Three best games.

Would MvC2 be a third scale you then add to get Guilty Gear or is it halfway between HnK and Guilty?

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Policenaut posted:

Well I preordered it off an import site so I'm pretty hyped for it, then again I'm a huge fanboy of the series.

At least it looks pretty and it's full of references to the poses the characters make, that's enough for me. Scene's gonna be dead before it begins anyway.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Yie Ar Kung Fu shits all over everything, sorry.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Can we just get a CvS2 remake please

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Just saw on Twitter that apparently Harada has been missing for the past week. :confused: Not sure if it's just him trolling fans, or if it's a serious situation. I really hope it's the former.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

PunkBoy posted:

Just saw on Twitter that apparently Harada has been missing for the past week. :confused: Not sure if it's just him trolling fans, or if it's a serious situation. I really hope it's the former.

If it were real I doubt they would announce it on his twitter. It's probably leading up to an announcement at E3 (txsf?)

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Jmcrofts posted:

If it were real I doubt they would announce it on his twitter. It's probably leading up to an announcement at E3 (txsf?)

Yeah, that's probably it. Guess I'm still a bit paranoid after Ono's collapse.

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Jun 5, 2013

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Jmcrofts posted:

If Harada were actually missing, it would be news.

Yeah, anticipating an announcement at E3.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
He is going to show up at E3 dressed as Gon to announce the new set of TTT2 DLC.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Speaking of Namco people not around, I wonder where Daishi has been. Did he leave the company after SC V died down?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Harada's Twitter posted:

Katsuhiro Harada ?@Harada_TEKKEN 5h
*This is TEKKEN Project support team*
There appear to be some news articles worrying for Harada-san's safety (cont...

Katsuhiro Harada ‏@Harada_TEKKEN 5h
...cont)
However, we were able to confirm he has been logged into Steam daily, so we believe he is OK, but just has not shown up for work.

DOTA claims another poor soul ;-;

• Locked thread