Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Unless you're really into drafting I'm not sure how much value extra king sets are gonna have. All the accumulated packs from a single King are going to get you a pretty large collection of rares, and there's likely to be an AH glut of the first set, at least initially, so it shouldn't be that hard to fill out a first-set playset with just a little extra cash or time beyond the initial King. An extra king just seems like you'd be buying yourself a lot of extra copies of things you probably already had by that point.

Yeah, the hard part will be completing playsets of the kickstarter exclusives, which a LOT of people will be gunning for from day 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

Unless you're really into drafting I'm not sure how much value extra king sets are gonna have. All the accumulated packs from a single King are going to get you a pretty large collection of rares, and there's likely to be an AH glut of the first set, at least initially, so it shouldn't be that hard to fill out a first-set playset with just a little extra cash or time beyond the initial King. An extra king just seems like you'd be buying yourself a lot of extra copies of things you probably already had by that point.

It's more for the full set of exclusive cards than anything else. Who wouldn't want a full set of Ragefires right from the get go? Or Pack Raptors?

Plus it's two Spectral Lotus Gardens for cheaper than the Collector set (which is, as stated, the only $250 tier to get two)

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Zonekeeper posted:

Yeah, the hard part will be completing playsets of the kickstarter exclusives, which a LOT of people will be gunning for from day 1.

The PvP Kickstarter cards are just exclusive alternate art though, you can still get normal versions of them from packs.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
I just realized how many people are going to have "their likeness on card art" from the kickstarter: 75 not including producer (because who knows how many are real). I predict many bearded characters the next few sets...

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

The Moon Monster posted:

The PvP Kickstarter cards are just exclusive alternate art though, you can still get normal versions of them from packs.

I'm referring more to the PVE cards. Those won't be available any other way.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Since I decided I wouldn't be trying to go to GP KC in my hometown after all, I used some of the money I would have spent on cards and entry fee and upped my pledge from the $20 to the $120 level. :getin: y'all

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

thiswayliesmadness posted:

I just realized how many people are going to have "their likeness on card art" from the kickstarter: 75 not including producer (because who knows how many are real). I predict many bearded characters the next few sets...

I really hope I have enough Fedora equipment to go around.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

God I can't wait to see chatlogs of Blinkman discussing a gentlemen presenting himself in a Naruto headband. Assuming he doesn't give up and just slit his own throat, of course.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Also: Someone posted in the comments section. Anyone who gets an award that's above the limited amount, e.g. those tiers with a negative availability, the people in the 'negative' slots won't get their reward. That's gonna be... interesting.

DMW45 fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jun 7, 2013

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

BenRGamer posted:

Also: Someone posted in the comments section. Anyone who gets an award that's above the limited amount, e.g. those tiers with a negative availability, the people in the 'negative' slots won't get their reward. That's gonna be... interesting.

That seems like something that could easily be dealt with on an individual basis though, assuming people aren't sitting around with 500/1000 dollar pledges with no reward hoping to trick CZE into giving them a reward they didn't have a slot for, which seems like a really stupid idea.

There are currently only 2 Grand Kings and 1 Dragon Lord in that position, so I imagine they'd just give them the reward anyway.

Blinkman987
Jul 10, 2008

Gender roles guilt me into being fat.

Spiderdrake posted:

God I can't wait to see chatlogs of Blinkman discussing a gentlemen presenting himself in a Naruto headband. Assuming he doesn't give up and just slit his own throat, of course.

Forever archived by the NSA!

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Welp, thanks to the Saints Row IV and the Civ V Brave New World Pre-Orders opening up on Steam, I've decided not to go insane and buy a second Collector set. Maybe.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

BenRGamer posted:

Welp, thanks to the Saints Row IV and the Civ V Brave New World Pre-Orders opening up on Steam, I've decided not to go insane and buy a second Collector set. Maybe.

BNW pre-order is open until 12th July, I don't think you need to factor it in just yet.

Kairos
Oct 29, 2007

It's like taking a drug. At first it seems you can control it, but before you know it you'll be hooked.

My advice: 'Just say no' to communism.

BenRGamer posted:

Who's "someone"? If it's not someone from Cryptozoic, I wouldn't put much stock in it. Denying people the rewards they paid for is not going to generate a lot of goodwill, and just letting anyone who secured a slot on Kickstarter have their reward doesn't cost them anything.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Kairos posted:

Who's "someone"? If it's not someone from Cryptozoic, I wouldn't put much stock in it. Denying people the rewards they paid for is not going to generate a lot of goodwill, and just letting anyone who secured a slot on Kickstarter have their reward doesn't cost them anything.

It does though. Every extra person that gets into Pro Player is $364 a year. It costs them money for every person that buys into the kickstarter at this point because they're selling their products at massively discounted prices at every tier.

I'm going to try to get into Pro Player before the hammer falls, but if the numbers are still negative after I get in I may switch to King at the last second.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Kairos posted:

The original source is a supposed email from Kickstarter staff posted on the Hex forums. The problem is that the money won't go through at all, so presumably the details of whoever gets the negative tier don't go through either and Cryptozoic doesn't get many options.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

I guess that settles that then. If someone gets in on these last few hours they better hope it hits zero again before time ends.

nerox
May 20, 2001
Leaving on a fishing trip and won't have internet when this thing ends. I think I will keep my DC pledge I upgraded to on Monday. :getin:

Kairos
Oct 29, 2007

It's like taking a drug. At first it seems you can control it, but before you know it you'll be hooked.

My advice: 'Just say no' to communism.

pumpinglemma posted:

The original source is a supposed email from Kickstarter staff posted on the Hex forums. The problem is that the money won't go through at all, so presumably the details of whoever gets the negative tier don't go through either and Cryptozoic doesn't get many options.

Oh, if that's the case then that's another thing entirely. I figured that if Kickstarter took the pledge at all it would go through in the end.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

Man, that makes me nervous. I got in on Grand King before it sold out, and Pro player recently (it did go back to 0 since then), but I hope that they keep track of who got it last and it isn't random. I would hate that.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Captain Capitalism posted:

Man, that makes me nervous. I got in on Grand King before it sold out, and Pro player recently (it did go back to 0 since then), but I hope that they keep track of who got it last and it isn't random. I would hate that.

Oh jesus, something else to worry about. I reserved my spot weeks ago. I think we have to assume it's last-in-first-out.

I've actually been really paranoid about losing my GK pledge somehow, to the point that I logged my cellphone out of kickstarter so I wouldn't accidentally pocket-dial the "manage my pledge" button. I'll be happier once they've actually taken my money.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

nerox posted:

Leaving on a fishing trip and won't have internet when this thing ends. I think I will keep my DC pledge I upgraded to on Monday. :getin:

Probably going to do this as well. It's too late to reliably switch to PP now, I didn't get in overnight, and it's unlikely that it's going to both open up spots and reset to zero in five hours. I'm going to be extremely jealous of those people running PP and getting three free packs every week, but maybe I can sell all that extra DC loot for platinum to buy packs with.

Probably not though :smith:

Niedar
Apr 21, 2010
Yeah I have been trying to get an early bird king until just now, I don't want to even risk it if I do get it within the next couple hours so I just upgraded straight to King.

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"
How best might someone pick up a spare squire/warrior tier to hold onto 'just in case' a buddy ends up wanting to tag along for the beta but didn't catch the kickstarter? So far I had read including instructions with the paypal side to say someone else + their e-mail address, but I am not sure which of said nebulous fence-sitters might want to cave later and want a better deal than the slacker backer schtick.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

GaistHeidegger posted:

How best might someone pick up a spare squire/warrior tier to hold onto 'just in case' a buddy ends up wanting to tag along for the beta but didn't catch the kickstarter? So far I had read including instructions with the paypal side to say someone else + their e-mail address, but I am not sure which of said nebulous fence-sitters might want to cave later and want a better deal than the slacker backer schtick.

Considering they have five hours to decide which side of the fence they're going to fall on, you might want to discuss that with them now.

Otherwise, yes, as far as i'm aware paypal + email is the way to do it.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
I've been trying to snipe a GK all week and even with an auto-refresh script running 1/s, I've never caught it go above 0, always drops negative before I can see the open spot and then it's time to wait another 4 hours for 5 people to drop

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
It's officially not going to hit 2.5. 2.2 now + a generous 200K on Paypal = 100K to go in 4 hours with most of the good tiers gone and some people dropping bot sniping bids. That's probably for the best because the difference between 2.1 and 2.4 is probably around what they need to pay off the players owed WoW TCG prizes :P

Looking forward to seeing what the secondary market for accounts looks like in mid-alpha when some people inevitably hate the game.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

They said they're going to include shirt sales and slacker backers to the KS total, so if they're only 100k off it's still possible. Still, this is 5000 shirts sold and thus is pretty unlikely. I'm ok with not reaching the final stretch goal.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Vincent Valentine posted:

It does though. Every extra person that gets into Pro Player is $364 a year. It costs them money for every person that buys into the kickstarter at this point because they're selling their products at massively discounted prices at every tier.

I'm going to try to get into Pro Player before the hammer falls, but if the numbers are still negative after I get in I may switch to King at the last second.

Not quite 364 a year since there are so many boosters flooding the market it's going to be massively cheaper to just buy them from other players (hell mtgo is like this and they never gave away a poo poo load of boosters)

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
Well I tried to snipe a GK all night with no luck. Switched it to PP this morning and got one within about 30 minutes. Availability went down to -1 but it's now back to 0. Am I safe? I don't know. Will probably keep my DC for now.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Captain Capitalism posted:

They said they're going to include shirt sales and slacker backers to the KS total, so if they're only 100k off it's still possible. Still, this is 5000 shirts sold and thus is pretty unlikely. I'm ok with not reaching the final stretch goal.

Least the email they sent out made it sound like people who didn't go to Hexcon would get the promo stuff from it anyway.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
PP is back to -4 now so I think I'm safe. What a ridiculous situation.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

It doesn't even matter if they don't reach the goal. The worst that could happen is that the con happens later than they originally planned, but if they really want to do one they'll do it.
Of course no one will get the free entry, but if you can afford a trip to Vegas the entry fee won't break the bank.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Tamba posted:

It doesn't even matter if they don't reach the goal. The worst that could happen is that the con happens later than they originally planned, but if they really want to do one they'll do it.
Of course no one will get the free entry, but if you can afford a trip to Vegas the entry fee won't break the bank.

Plus there's nothing stopping them from going "gently caress it, close enough. You get the stretch bonus anyway."

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I bought into this poo poo only because time's running out. Anyway, does this MMO+TCG from Cryptozoic mean that their WOW card game deal with Blizzard is over? Or will they keep working on that concurrently.

I ask because there haven't been any new products announced for the WoW card game for a few months, although they released the Caverns of Time last May, but it concludes the 3 part cycle of that card set.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
They've said WoWTCG isn't going anywhere.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I decided to go for Knight as a last-minute entry. (I was on Captain before.) Hopefully this is cool; it seems like it will be so far, but I guess we'll have to wait for the actual release to know how it holds up.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Arg, one of my friends is all "Hey I can't find the link, can you just add on like a $25 pledge for me" and I'm thinking "ack! there are like five zillion people trying to snipe my Grand King! I don't want to *touch* the "manage my pledge" page!"

I sent him a direct link, I hope he gets it >_<

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Prism posted:

I decided to go for Knight as a last-minute entry. (I was on Captain before.) Hopefully this is cool; it seems like it will be so far, but I guess we'll have to wait for the actual release to know how it holds up.
I literally just did the same thing. I KS too much already, but I caught the Hex fever from this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midrena
May 2, 2009

Arg, one of my friends is all "Hey I can't find the link, can you just add on like a $25 pledge for me" and I'm thinking "ack! there are like five zillion people trying to snipe my Grand King! I don't want to *touch* the "manage my pledge" page!"

I sent him a direct link, I hope he gets it >_<

You can't add on pledges to your Kickstarter anyway. If you get it for him, you'd have to go with Paypal.

• Locked thread