Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
So for you guys getting AC:NL at midnight, what do you plan on doing if all the shops are closed at night? Does the clock change trick still work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Bottom Liner posted:

So for you guys getting AC:NL at midnight, what do you plan on doing if all the shops are closed at night? Does the clock change trick still work?

It does!

It's also the only time I'm going to let myself time travel, and it's just so I can make sure I get at least one villager I like (there are a lot I like)

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

I already set my clock back 12 hours so I can actually play the game tonight, then I'll put it back on the correct time tomorrow and never touch the clock again. Because I don't cheat :angel:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Sweet. I can't wait to make my millions on the turnip market, you guys better open your towns on the high price days!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Mind taking a few pictures of the cart?

I just put it next to a cart I know is legit and it's hilariously obviously a bootleg, it's like a millimetre too big for a start. I remember why I stopped buying games from eBay now.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Giantbomb has their quicklook up for Animal Crossings: http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-animal-crossing-new-leaf/2300-7464/

I know they are kind of different games, but I got burnt out on Harvest Moon 3DS and am not looking forward to this as much as I thought. I kind of hope this quicklook and goon hype changes my mind.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
I'm just gonna go to bed and buy it tomorrow like a normal person!

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

absolutely anything posted:

I'm just gonna go to bed and buy it tomorrow like a normal person!

If so many people are going for the midnight release, wouldn't that make you the abnormal one? :v:

Flumpus
Jul 22, 2007
I'm going to download it tonight so I can play it when I get up... The eshop releases at midnight, right?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

midnight eastern or pacific or moon time?

I'm still debating whether I want this game or not. I haven't played any animal crossings before and I'm not sure the concept really appeals to me. Someone give me a video that says "this is animal crossing" so I can see if the gameplay or lack thereof will work for me.

Calamity Brain
Jan 27, 2011

California Dreamin'

Awesome! posted:

I'm still debating whether I want this game or not. I haven't played any animal crossings before and I'm not sure the concept really appeals to me. Someone give me a video that says "this is animal crossing" so I can see if the gameplay or lack thereof will work for me.

Do automatic doors open for you? Do dogs not bark at you wildly? Do you laugh at jokes? Then, according to The Simpsons, you have a soul and therefore you will like Animal Crossing.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Awesome! posted:

katkillad2 posted:

Giantbomb has their quicklook up for Animal Crossings: http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-animal-crossing-new-leaf/2300-7464/

I know they are kind of different games, but I got burnt out on Harvest Moon 3DS and am not looking forward to this as much as I thought. I kind of hope this quicklook and goon hype changes my mind.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

That quick look is incredibly representative because gently caress all happens in it, but they're all very excited about it. That's Animal Crossing, that's why it owns.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Animal Crossing is Zen in video game form. Literally.

Flumpus
Jul 22, 2007

Awesome! posted:

I've seen people say EST and I've seen people say PST, so I honestly have no idea... I'm in central, so I hope it's EST and not PST.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

So it's like BYOB the game. I didn't know there was an online town invasion aspect. Looks better than I thought.

Calamity Brain
Jan 27, 2011

California Dreamin'

It comes out 3.5 hours (in NA) from whatever time you are at right now, or whatever this website says: http://acnewleaf.com/countdown/index.html

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Flumpus posted:

I've seen people say EST and I've seen people say PST, so I honestly have no idea... I'm in central, so I hope it's EST and not PST.

Regular eShop schedule goes by PST, retail releases go by EST. No idea why.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Do we not have a new Animal Crossing thread or am I just blind? Gotta make sure I have everybody friended that has the game.

DuckPuncher
Jun 2, 2011

A writer must sleep
And a ghost must haunt
We do: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3546866&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Aha, a Weird tag, thanks!

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Bottom Liner posted:

In AC:NL you can set your town such that all your townfolk are early risers, night owls, etc. So you can definitely play it without the need to "cheat" if you want to have all the shops stay open through the night and have the citizens sleep still noon. College town!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Doesn't that negate the use of other ordinances? Pretty lovely for people who just need the game to work for their schedule.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Fallom posted:

Doesn't that negate the use of other ordinances? Pretty lovely for people who just need the game to work for their schedule.

I imagine you could just change the clock on your 3DS?

The Timely Howard
Dec 26, 2008

ASK ME WHAT MAKES ME THINK I'M SO FUNKY

uPen posted:

I imagine you could just change the clock on your 3DS?

Not necessary! You have the option to change what time it is before you jump into hanging out around your town. After you select your town, Shizue (or maybe they changed her name for the English version-- your secretary) confirms the date and time for you. If it's wrong (or even if it's not, I guess), you can just go ahead and change it. If you want it to fit your schedule better, just set it back or ahead a few hours and never worry about it again.

Shoopuf
Oct 18, 2010

Don't touch shoopuf. Tailss will be shlapping!

The Timely Howard posted:

Shizue (or maybe they changed her name for the English version-- your secretary)

It's Isabelle for us English-speakers.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

So what's the deal with saves on the digital version of AC? Are they on the system and stuck on my current 3ds forever or on the SD card and I will be able to move it in the future?

vvv okay that's really not as bad as people were making it sound. Thanks.

Awesome! fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jun 9, 2013

Unoriginal
May 12, 2001
They're on the SD card like all the other game saves would be. The only weird thing about Animal Crossing's save is that whenever you save something in the game, it creates a new ID for that save so if you try to reload from an old one (like to have multiple towns or whatever) it will render the newer one unusable. So you can just have one save at a time on any system. Otherwise, it behaves exactly the same way as all the other game saves.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS
If you're registering a EU 3DS between the 3rd of June and the 31st of July and want a free copy of Monster Hunter, let me know
Taken

AngryCaterpillar fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Jun 9, 2013

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Bottom Liner posted:

Or vacuous consumerism.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Boten Anna posted:

Or vacuous consumerism.
Same thing :v:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Bottom Liner posted:

This needs to be quoted every time someone asks what AC is like. It's the most accurate description.

Astroduck
Aug 30, 2006

AngryCaterpillar posted:

If you're registering a EU 3DS between the 3rd of June and the 31st of July and want a free copy of Monster Hunter, let me know

I will be registering one on Friday (my Birthday!) and would love a code for then!

Edit - Got one, thank you AciddTripp!

Astroduck fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Jun 9, 2013

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Astroduck posted:

I will be registering one on Friday (my Birthday!) and would love a code for then!

astroduck(at)gmail.com

It's been taken sorry

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
3DS XLs are on sale this week at Best Buy for 179.99. Pre-owned games are also Buy One Get One 50% off so you may get lucky.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

I picked up Animal Crossing at Target (after they insisted that new video games go out on Tuesday, I eventually talked them into checking in the computer for the street date. Maxed out on shame for one week, now).

Since I already have platinum this year, would it make more sense to wait until after July 1st to register the code, though? Will I still get the relatively high amount of coins (it's at 50) for registering it, at that point? What's the time limit on the 'new release bonus'?

Git Mah Belt Son
Apr 26, 2003

Happy Happy Gators

Bigass Moth posted:

3DS XLs are on sale this week at Best Buy for 179.99. Pre-owned games are also Buy One Get One 50% off so you may get lucky.

Actually $175...I just bought one.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Chinook posted:

I picked up Animal Crossing at Target (after they insisted that new video games go out on Tuesday, I eventually talked them into checking in the computer for the street date. Maxed out on shame for one week, now).

Since I already have platinum this year, would it make more sense to wait until after July 1st to register the code, though? Will I still get the relatively high amount of coins (it's at 50) for registering it, at that point? What's the time limit on the 'new release bonus'?

Pretty sure the window for 50 coins is 4 weeks past launch, so you could register first week of July and get the best of both worlds.

Laser Spider
Jan 28, 2009

Git Mah Belt Son posted:

Actually $175...I just bought one.

So I guess they didn't have the bundles, did they? Now I'm wondering if Best Buy will ever restock them online, or if I'd be better off selling this gift card and trying to pick one up on eBay or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

So I want to take advantage of that Best Buy used sale for my new XL; already have Mario 3D and Fire Emblem, with DKC ordered from that Newegg sale...definitely want to pick up Star Fox, curious about Code of Princess/Shinobi. Anyone actually own either one? I've read and watched reviews on both but I'm still iffy on them since they don't get much attention.

• Locked thread