Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Retter posted:

So is "an outsider who sneaked into the school" just a cover-up story E-ko pushed on the rest, or is it representative of someone (if any of them DO represent members of the class), like a traitor who somehow snuck into the class maybe?

If this is foreshadowing of the murder to come, I think the "outsider who sneaked into the school" rumor coincides with Kirakira-chan. As I mentioned before, I believe Kirakira is going to be a serious red herring just thrown in on the murder scene to throw people off the scent-- E-ko is doing the same thing by spreading a rumor of someone doing it that has nothing to do with the murderer, most likely E-ko herself.

E: I just went back to the library scene where Kirakira was first talked about, and the only people present for the Kirakira fangirling was Sonia, Hajime and Peko.

Suzuki Method fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Jun 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.

Verbose posted:

Was anyone else hoping "All All Apologies" would be a Nirvana cover?

It was already in the first game and wasn't a cover, but it's a pretty clear reference. Kazutaka Kodaka must be a pretty big Nirvana fan, considering that, Sonia Nevermind of Novoselic, and an actual namedrop of Kurt Cobain have all shown up.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Rhinoceraptor posted:

It was already in the first game and wasn't a cover, but it's a pretty clear reference. Kazutaka Kodaka must be a pretty big Nirvana fan, considering that, Sonia Nevermind of Novoselic, and an actual namedrop of Kurt Cobain have all shown up.

The track also already appeared in this game before, though not in the version that's in the latest update.

In fact, I'm pretty surprised no one even mentioned the two nifty 16-bit versions of AAA and Beautiful Ruin we got here.

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008

Falls Down Stairs posted:

Kamukura incident

Have I missed something? Who is that?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

JSnake posted:

Izuru Kamukura is both "the symbol of Hope's Peak Academy's hope" and the perpetrator of the Worst, Largest Incident in Hope's Peak Academy's History, according to Enoshima in DR0.

Edit: Also, the below. That too.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

JSnake posted:

Read the chapter with Kyouko Kirigiri and her father again. All the information we have on this Kamukura person at this point is over there. There's not much on it.

Antoinette
May 1, 2013
I'm surprised no one has brought up the stolen swimsuits mentioned in the game. It made me think of this way back in the beginning.

orenronen posted:

Thaaat's wight! I prepared swimsuits for each of you! Well, they're school swimsuits, but pwease put up with them.

I wonder if the incident in the game was committed by whoever is controlling Monomi?

I think that the game is supposed to point to something that happened before they were transported to the island, like the photographs Naegi kept finding in DR1 did, but I don't see how that's going to be a motive for them.

RoeCocoa
Oct 23, 2010

orenronen posted:

The track also already appeared in this game before, though not in the version that's in the latest update.

In fact, I'm pretty surprised no one even mentioned the two nifty 16-bit versions of AAA and Beautiful Ruin we got here.

I must've scrolled right past the 16-bit Beautiful Ruin the first time. It's pretty great!

zetsubous
Feb 19, 2013

Antoinette posted:

I'm surprised no one has brought up the stolen swimsuits mentioned in the game. It made me think of this way back in the beginning.

I wonder if the incident in the game was committed by whoever is controlling Monomi?

I think that the game is supposed to point to something that happened before they were transported to the island, like the photographs Naegi kept finding in DR1 did, but I don't see how that's going to be a motive for them.

Whoa. This is a really interesting catch.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Antoinette posted:

I doubt it. Monobear has made a it a point to not go over exactly the same ground the first game covered, so I don't think that we will get random photographs showing the past. Besides, the purpose of those was to screw with the characters since they didn't know they were missing memories, and the current cast knows about the memory wipe.

SingerOfW
Feb 28, 2012

I shall admit my wickedness.

Antoinette posted:

Uhh, school swimsuits are very common as a fetish fuel for perverts, and Usami having them just supports her image of a teacher (and this whole affair's of a school trip). It simply comes down to both games being set in schools (well, officially).

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

* ding dong ding dong *

Um, This is an announcement from Hope's Peak Academy's Field Trip Executive Committee...
Good morning, you bastards! It’s another perfect tropical day!
Let's enjoy it for all it’s worth!

It's morning...

As expected, sleeping didn't help me figure out anything about the game. I have no idea how that thing can be anyone's motive.

I guess... I’ll just have to discuss it with everyone.

...Anyway, I should go to the restaurant.

Re: Beautiful Morning

'Morning, Tsumiki.
Uyu... Good morning...
We're having good weather today... I'm so glad the sky's clear...!
I mean, if it was cloudy today, our plans...
Huh? Plans?

Wah! I...It's nothing! I was just talking to myself!
P...Please excuse me...!

What "plans" was she talking about? Is something going on?

Hrm... Hrrrrrrrrmmmmmm...
Why are you... grunting?

Don't worry! Ibuki's grunting is nothing like Nekomaru-chan's! It has nothing to do with body fluids!
Ibuki’s troubles are much more sublime and serious!
So, what are they?

Ibuki's thinking about her next genre!
Genre...?

Ibuki wants to put her girl band days behind her! She's gonna break new ground in a whole new genre!
Right. Got 'ya.

But, she can't think of anything that seems to fit. Hrrrrmmm...
Hey, Hajime-chan! Come let me know if you have a flash of inspiration!

Uh... Is this something she should really decide based just on inspiration?

Good morning, Saionji.

I wonder why big sis Nanami never gets tired of playing the same game over and over and over.

...That wasn't a proper way to answer a greeting.

I'll never understand those stupid nerds. Not that I even want to, of course.
Honestly, everyone on this island's a huuuge weirdo. Ah, everyone except big sis Koizumi!

When I talk to any of you, I'm always afraid your weirdness is gonna rub off on me.

No self awareness at all, huh?

...'Morning.
'Morning, Hinata-kun.
Hey, you replied straight away today! That's rare.

Yeah. It's because I just finished playing.

But, more importantly... I'm a little worried. Is someone bringing food to Komaeda-kun?
I did yesterday, but... I'm not sure about anyone else.

I wonder... if I should go check on him later.

Well, I'm off to the restaurant.

And so are we.

Good morning, Hinata-kun.
Yeah, 'Morning...

I didn’t really feel like expanding on that greeting, so I quickly filled a plate with food...

...And sat at a table by the window.

What's up, Hinata? Is that all you're eating?

Or maybe you’re just eating too much, big sis Owari.

You're chastising me? All you eat is candy!

Nothing's wrong with an all-candy diet!
I eat four colors of fruit-flavored gummy every day! That provides all the healthy nourishment I need!

You should just eat regular fruit, y’know.

I just can't find a good opening to bring up that game...

I mean, we did tentatively agree on not playing it, and then I went and played it anyway...

Incidentally... are we a person short?
...Hm?

I looked around the restaurant, and indeed...

...He’s right. Koizumi isn’t here.

That's strange. She hasn’t missed a breakfast so far...

Perhaps she is feeling a little bit under the weather?

Could be, could be... But, don't you think that maybe...

W...What are you saying?!

Hm? I just saw her outside the hotel earlier.

Oh, you did? That's great!

Jeez! What were you thinking, you dummy? Were you trying to jinx it?

As punishment, we're going to push you off a cliff. And we'll make you run around in a circle going woof woof woof first.

T...That's not how I wanna die!

But, what’s Mahiru-chan doing outside the hotel?

She said she wanted to be alone. I asked her to come to breakfast but she turned me down.

She... wants to be alone?

P...Perhaps she is going to play that game...

What are you saying, you stupid pig?!
No way big sis Koizumi's gone to play some stupid video game! She's nothing like that slow-witted nerd girl over there!

Ah. Are you, perhaps, talking about me?

Hiyuu... And I'm the stupid pig, aren't I...?

Somehow... This still doesn’t seem like a good time to talk about the game...

Then, as I considered my options...
Someone approached my table and sat next to me.

...Yo, Hinata. Got a minute?
W...What do you want?

Souda leaned forward toward me, shoved his face up to my ear...

...And started whispering.

Today. 2:30 in the afternoon. Come meet me at the supermarket...
And definitely don't tell anyone else about it.
...Huh?
I'll tell you what it's all about when you come... Right now, the others are watching.

...And why is that so bad?

And what are you lower life forms discussing?

I...It's nothing!
Besides, it has nothing to do with you. So... just go away now...

Heh. How presumptuous. You earnestly believe your petty doings are of any interest to me?!

Fuwahaha! Amusing! Most amusing!
I do enjoy the vanity of lower beings!

What concern has a king for the ants he tramples on?!

I am Gundam Tanaka! The supreme ruler! The Gods of Darkness themselves flee in terror at the mere sound of my name!!

All that I require... is silence and callousness...

Silence... and callousness...

That's a little sad... I think he hates always being alone.

So, Hinata... Don't forget. 2:30.

And try not to do too much before you get there. I need you at full strength.
Huh? Full strength...?
Anyway, see ya!

W...What was that all about?

Not only did I not get a chance to talk about the game, all I got out of breakfast was that strange... appointment with Souda...

...And before I knew it, the breakfast meeting was over.

Um... I promised Souda I'll meet him at the supermarket at 2:30...

But, what did he mean when he said he needed me at full strength?

Well, whatever... I'll try not walking too much today.

FREE TIME START

We have a date with Souda in the afternoon, so there's time for just one free time session. To keep things interesting, we're back to choosing the character you do want to see, but I'm keeping the characters who won last time out of the poll. Since you can only choose a single character this time, remember - the fact that a someone's name appears on the poll doesn't necessarily mean they will be available in the game! The poll is here.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
Oren, just before the voting gets fully underway, why is Gundam left off and Peko left in? Didn't Peko win the last free time event?

E/ Saionji seems a bit like a Ishimaru to Mahiru's Mondo. I'm still annoyed by her assholish attitude, but she seems to have signs of traits from one of my favorites so she seems like she can turn around in my book.

GenericMartini fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jun 15, 2013

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Saionji is such an daily detestable character, and if that's what they were going for then its very effective.

And I know it's a wasted vote, but I still voted for visiting Komaeda. I think he's the most interesting person on the island right now, and the last time we saw him to bring him food was very interesting.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Who What Now posted:

And I know it's a wasted vote, but I still voted for visiting Komaeda. I think he's the most interesting person on the island right now, and the last time we saw him to bring him food was very interesting.
I really don't understand why you're wasting a vote on a character that you're obviously not going to be able to spend free time with. What's even the point of that?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

What does it really matter if he's busy then we just go to the second place winner aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

What I really don't understand is why everyone cares so much about people voting for Komaeda when it doesn't ruin anything. At all. It is not "wasting a vote". If anything, it's voting for an extra piece of dialogue/text.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

GenericMartini posted:

Oren, just before the voting gets fully underway, why is Gundam left off and Peko left in? Didn't Peko win the last free time event?

E/ Saionji seems a bit like a Ishimaru to Mahiru's Mondo. I'm still annoyed by her assholish attitude, but she seems to have signs of traits from one of my favorites so she seems like she can turn around in my book.

Whoops, that was a mistake. Tell you what - instead of excluding the characters who won last time, let's make this poll exclude the characters we've freetimed with more than once. Now it all makes sense.

Geg
May 29, 2013
Wow, the two most annoying characters are winning the poll right now.

The way so many of the characters are acting secretive makes it hard to predict who's going to be killed. Right now there seem to be hints about Koizumi and Komaeda but I doubt Komaeda would die this early.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
:smith: I don't have a good feeling about Koizumi needing some time to think alone. I'm sure she's still alive, but it's a bad sign for her living to Chapter 3.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Poor Gundam he clearly wanted to hang out with Hinata and Souda. Also liking that Saionji has a good chance of winning the poll as I want to find out more about her.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I don't really like Gundam at the moment, but I'm thinking now that it might be possible I will, once we know more about him.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

:smith: I don't have a good feeling about Koizumi needing some time to think alone. I'm sure she's still alive, but it's a bad sign for her living to Chapter 3.

That's pretty much what I was thinking too. "Big sis Koizumi's the only normal person here, not like all you weirdos" seems to... bode.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Color Printer posted:

What does it really matter if he's busy then we just go to the second place winner aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

What I really don't understand is why everyone cares so much about people voting for Komaeda when it doesn't ruin anything. At all. It is not "wasting a vote". If anything, it's voting for an extra piece of dialogue/text.

You and me both, this is reminding me of Australians who don't even realize they have Instant Runoff Voting.

Always Vote 1 Komaeda. :colbert:

Last time I was kind of hoping for some time with Souda though, so I'm happy we'll be getting some plot time with him now regardless of the vote. I wasn't expecting him to have any mysterious plans going on in this chapter.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Souda's a dead man. Has setting up a secret meeting with the protagonist in a murder mystery series ever worked out for anyone?

MonsterEnvy posted:

Poor Gundam he clearly wanted to hang out with Hinata and Souda. Also liking that Saionji has a good chance of winning the poll as I want to find out more about her.

Same here. I think she's who Oren was referring to when he said that someone being called annoying had a really interesting backstory.

Or maybe it'll just be an afternoon of stepping on crabs, I don't know.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Souda nooo. Still a good guy. I stand by it. He's the Ishimaru of this game - dumb and easily manipulated. Nidai might be doing the manipulating with regards to the Komaeda thing - or maybe someone else is getting the tough boys to do the dirty work? Time will tell, I suppose.

Still a big fan of Saionji as a character. I really hope she gets some (a lot of) backstory.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

I definitely like the idea of making the vote different for each free time event.

Also, Akane seems to have shown a bit more of her selfless side, in her own way. She was concerned over Hinata not getting enough to eat. This is odd, because the less the others eat, the more food for her. Food also seems to be extremely important to her, it's pretty significant for her to put the wellbeing of another person over food. I think that little scene added a lot to Akane's character.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Bifauxnen posted:

You and me both, this is reminding me of Australians who don't even realize they have Instant Runoff Voting.

Always Vote 1 Komaeda. :colbert:

Exactly. Plus, I wont't put it past the game for it to turn you away twice, and then fake you out later and have Hinata actually work up the courage one of these times. Plus I don't actually care who else wins, so whatever, it's all good. But this is a derail.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

MonsterEnvy posted:

I can't help but wonder if he became that wildly eccentric to entertain himself because he has no friends. :smith:

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I can't help but wonder if he became that wildly eccentric to entertain himself because he has no friends. :smith:

That's probably a good guess. Not much chance to interact with others when you spend all your time raising animals.

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

Fancy a grown man saying hujus hujus hujus as if he were proud of it it is not english and do not make SENSE.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Yeah, he reminds me a lot of the protagonist in Steins;Gate (currently being LPed by ProfessorProf), who (at least at the start) has gotten so caught up in his own constant playacting that he's barely able to relate to the outside world outside of it. Still, at least Gundam has the Four Gods of Destruction by his side. :unsmith:

BigDB
Mar 21, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

That is actually kinda sad if that's true, felt kinda bad for him either way.

It seems like everyone is making plans today so I wonder what is everyone gonna end up doing. As for my vote I'm going for Ibuki, she is one of the most amusing characters in the game and the happiest. We need some happiness with the killing with weird motivation going on.

ominousbedroom
Mar 23, 2013

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Echoing those above me, I also think that's true. Maybe he only ever really connected with animals, hence why he's so protective of them... now I bet he'd make a great friend :smith:

I think Nanami might have a similar backstory? She's spacey and way into gaming, but she also seems really sharp. She seems unfazed by any pettiness that goes on too, and actually quite mature. Aside from her references I think that a lot of her dialogue has been helpful to Hinata in some way. Only more Free Time will tell...

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Seems to be pretty obvious that Koizumi and Nagito won't be available, and likely neither will Souda.

I can't be the only one suspicious of Tsumiki's 'plans'? And Souda's plan is interesting in that it doesn't seem to involve Nidai - meaning either it doesn't involve Komaeda, or he wants to discuss something in private away from him.

Apollove
May 31, 2013

ApplesandOranges posted:

And Souda's plan is interesting in that it doesn't seem to involve Nidai - meaning either it doesn't involve Komaeda, or he wants to discuss something in private away from him.

It's probably going to be about that "get girls into swimsuit" thing he mentioned earlier on. :pervert:

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

Have you ever thought "I want to hear Gundam's VA singing One Jump Ahead from Aladdin"? Well, you're in luck.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Hey Oren, why don't you just show us the results of trying to talk to the people who aren't available? It'll satisfy all the people who voted for that character but it can't be more than a single screen or so of dialogue, so it's not too much work for you I would think. Plus it won't take up one of the two actual events. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

yaoi prophet posted:

Have you ever thought "I want to hear Gundam's VA singing One Jump Ahead from Aladdin"? Well, you're in luck.

Welp, I can die now.

Joenen
Feb 15, 2012

yaoi prophet posted:

My God, I had completely overlooked that Gundam was voiced by Sugita.

Suddenly I don't mind Gundam becoming a culprit. Sugita does crazy really well.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
I voted for Nidai because he's just generally awesome, and I knew Saonji wouldn't be winning this poll.
Also shiiiiiit noooooo Mahiru. noooooo. Just so much terrible foreshadowing.
:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

yaoi prophet posted:

This is only improved by my lack of understanding Japanese.

• Locked thread