Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Figure I'll give this game a shot since I used to be an EVE player back in the days we fought BoB/Kenny. Applying as Ignoramus O'Reilly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Buchstansangur
Jul 10, 2012

Uba Stij posted:

Servers will be down for a longer downtime tomorrow to make these guys available on the market:

link - https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=949565#post949565

Neo' Assault gk.0 - 100 AUR [New]:

Somebody forgot to apply the camouflage texture to those Gallente Neo suits, if you go to buy one they look exactly like the prototype ISK variant.

Mani
Apr 22, 2003
Applied as Brick McGee.

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

Mani posted:

Applied as Brick McGee.

Are all your other posts in archived threads or something? Your post history only shows this post.

Samahiel
Mar 17, 2009

http://dust514.com/news/blog/2013/05/team-true-grit-for-uprising-1.2

ccp posted:

Here's a bunch of poo poo we should have but couldn't do for launch, and aren't actually delivering this patch.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The best part is how it's loving nothing. Awoxing removed, some ISK transfers, and you can see sec status of a system from the star map.

Whoo.

Samahiel
Mar 17, 2009

The few actually interesting tidbits in there Corp Roles, item transfer, corp hangars, and EVE-Dust ISK transfer are all coming SOON™

CCP FoxFour posted:

Work for it is ongoing unfortunately we are coming up to summer here in Iceland and generally speaking this is when everyone takes their vacation. I can't give an exact date, but we want it done as soon as possible.
https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=958046#post958046

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Is the missile (top) turret on the heavy tank supposed to be complete poo poo or do I not have the necessary skills yet? No matter where I aim the rocket goes where it feels like and I don't know do I just suck? :wtc:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PerrineClostermann posted:

The best part is how it's loving nothing. Awoxing removed, some ISK transfers, and you can see sec status of a system from the star map.

Whoo.

The AWOXing removal is a blow to any semblance of espionage/griefing.

Samahiel
Mar 17, 2009

Dodoman posted:

Is the missile (top) turret on the heavy tank supposed to be complete poo poo or do I not have the necessary skills yet? No matter where I aim the rocket goes where it feels like and I don't know do I just suck? :wtc:

People tell me the high end missile turrets are nice, and that if you zoom in and aren't moving the flight path has something more to do with where you're pointing, but I don't believe them. Use Rail or Hybrid Turrets is my advice.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Wasn't that one map supposed to be a surface-to-space laser installation or something?

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Uba Stij posted:

The AWOXing removal is a blow to any semblance of espionage/griefing.

It doesn't really even do much to prevent AWOXing, because you need to know who the spy is before the round starts.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

IronSaber posted:

Wasn't that one map supposed to be a surface-to-space laser installation or something?

Any map with this outpost is supposed to be that, yeah.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

sleeptalker posted:

Any map with this outpost is supposed to be that, yeah.

So then what confuses me is how this isn't being utilized yet. What would grab your attention more than being at risk from getting shot from an artillery outpost from a neighboring planet?

chaymie
Apr 5, 2008
Cant wait for update 1.2 so i can pretend to be a sexy hornygirl willing to trade pics for ISK.

Darkness5780
Apr 22, 2010
Applied as Darkness Epyon.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
It'd be cool if you could go and blow up rogue drone hives or pirate bases, surely those factions would have some interest in a thing on a planet. Depending on the art direction and match goals, it could be something really cool. Also aren't there those creepy dog things? Perfect pet for the "space badass" crowd.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

SniperWoreConverse posted:

It'd be cool if you could go and blow up rogue drone hives or pirate bases, surely those factions would have some interest in a thing on a planet. Depending on the art direction and match goals, it could be something really cool. Also aren't there those creepy dog things? Perfect pet for the "space badass" crowd.

They've already shown footage of rogue drone coop PvE stuff. I really wish they'd go ahead and add it in already. The worst part about DUST has to be the absolutely glacial pace of development.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

Darkness5780 posted:

Applied as Darkness Epyon.

Samahiel posted:

We are only accepting SA members in good standing that have had an ACTIVE account for at least 3 months.

By active we mean post, which you do not do.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Lassitude posted:

They've already shown footage of rogue drone coop PvE stuff. I really wish they'd go ahead and add it in already. The worst part about DUST has to be the absolutely glacial pace of development.

I thought they had only shown concept art?

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
If PvE is an isk fountain and you're allowed to transfer that isk to an eve pilot. It could help save the game. Either way I don't see the PvE being good.

Suspicious Package
Jun 18, 2004

Now they are saying the rest of the skill respecs should be coming this week.

https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=84418

GM Grave posted:

Update: 18th June
Pending final QA we expect to deploy the second and final skill respec this week to eligible players that received GM receipt of their requests. In other news we aim to have further updates on AUR account resets next week. Once again please accept our apologies for this delay.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Sammus posted:

I thought they had only shown concept art?

Nope, there was one of the trailers that showed drones and everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCCTrEhkUCY&t=33s

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD

Lassitude posted:

The worst part about DUST has to be the absolutely glacial pace of development.

Spot on with that description. They are really taking their time doing anything. With Eve they have 10 years of old code to deal with, which makes some of the changes/updates take a while to roll out completely. Dust is fresh out of beta (heh). I really wonder what they spend their time doing.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Lassitude posted:

Nope, there was one of the trailers that showed drones and everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCCTrEhkUCY&t=33s

lol Their trailers are nothing but lies and bullshit, don't take anything you see in them as fact. Even their "gameplay" trailer which showed orbital bombardments was full of poo poo, and what was actually delivered was your standard, run of the mill precision strike available to all, not an actual orbital.

Sammus fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jun 20, 2013

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Soarer posted:

Spot on with that description. They are really taking their time doing anything. With Eve they have 10 years of old code to deal with, which makes some of the changes/updates take a while to roll out completely. Dust is fresh out of beta (heh). I really wonder what they spend their time doing.

Summer vacation in Iceland yo

Edit: the bitches complaining about how worthless heavies are on the forums are loving retarded and it hurts my brain.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
Applied as Bobby Baudoin, looking forward to playing with you people.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
I have no idea what this is all about but I saw "free" so I'm downloading it now. I haven't played a FPS in a while though so I'm planning on being an easy kill for a while until I figure out what the gently caress is going on.

Darkness5780
Apr 22, 2010
From someone that has been playing BF and COD games for the past couple of years, what would be some pointers on how to transition into this type of game?

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Darkness5780 posted:

From someone that has been playing BF and COD games for the past couple of years, what would be some pointers on how to transition into this type of game?

Flank dudes, specialize with your SP and play with Goons

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Darkness5780 posted:

Make a character and let it accumulate passive sp for a couple years

LostInTheSauce
Feb 14, 2013

Which way did I go?

bigmcgaffney posted:

Edit: the bitches complaining about how worthless heavies are on the forums are loving retarded and it hurts my brain.

this is a constant source of headache for anyone who is both a heavy, and not retarded.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
Maybe heavies will get a buff because of all this complaining.

I mean, that would be terrible for me, but I think I'd still be pleased at the foolishness.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

Lassitude posted:

I wasn't even aware that they intend to have PvE elements. I guess I could see a thing where you buddy up and fight a drone hive with the possibility of finding rare limited-run blueprints to give you an edge in battle, or would that be reacted to negatively by the player-base since it would be "forcing players to PvE" in their PvP game?

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD

Darkness5780 posted:

Run your free suits. Also check out some of the guides in the OP about how to spend SP. It can be surprising how well you can do with just standard gear. If all else fails, grab your free car, and go run people over.

Also if you are going to use a keyboard and mouse read some of the tips to make it less horrible control wise.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

imperialparadox posted:

I wasn't even aware that they intend to have PvE elements. I guess I could see a thing where you buddy up and fight a drone hive with the possibility of finding rare limited-run blueprints to give you an edge in battle, or would that be reacted to negatively by the player-base since it would be "forcing players to PvE" in their PvP game?

They haven't talked about it in a while, but when they did they said they wanted drones to invade planets and take over districts and that players would have to fight the drone infestation to liberate the district. They also suggested some kind of Dark Souls element to it.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Darkness5780 posted:

Be prepared to die. A lot. Free suits and cheap suits do not survive nearly as well as advanced and prototype, it's just how it is. You can still be pretty effective though, so don't worry about it too much.

EDDIE__DINGLE
Mar 18, 2013

Darkness5780 posted:

Consider trying out the scout suits, the biggest difference you will notice is the strafe and movement speeds are slower than those other games. The scout suits are armor weak but close to the same speeds as most other FPS.

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine
Man I logged in earlier today to do some AFKing and I was the only one in corp chat :(

How are shotgun scouts now? I had the best time running around Skim Junction in a Type B scout suit, murdering fools with a standard shotgun. Is that still viable? Scouts don't have the same radar radius anymore, which really sucks, but other than that how effective are they now?

Oh and I played around with the fitting tool for Minmatar scouts, and the proto fit only gets you about 430 HP. Yikes. Was it always this low?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Scouts rule. Yes, you're made of paper, but the lower scan profile will keep you off most peoples' radars and you have the agility to dodge and dance around people that are trying to shoot you.

The Gallente Scout skill gives you a bonus to scan radius, which probably puts it back to about the same as pre-Uprising when maxed. Minmatar moves a bit faster and have a melee bonus, but I find the Gallente to be a better balance.

I use the ADV shotgun (CRG-3) and usually take down PRO Medium/Assault suits in 2 good hits, 3 at most. Even the toughest Heavies can't take more than 5 or so, though you'll usually need either some assistance or creative use of cover to pull it off.

• Locked thread