Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Effingham
Aug 1, 2006

The bells of the Gion Temple echo the impermanence of all things...

Rasmussen posted:

The guy on the left I could give a pass. The guy in the middle has just made poor life decisions. But the guy on the right, drat ain't nothing can be done.

The thing is, if you already KNOW you look "unfortunate" (and, honestly, how can he NOT know?), why the hell would you sport such a stupid and even MORE "HEY LOOK AT HOW MUCH OF A YUTZ I AM"!" hair style?

WebDog posted:

A black shirt almost always indicates formal. A shirt should generally be the palest thing you wear to contrast with the rest.

No, no it doesn't. It indicates that you have no sense of proper style and dress. "Formal" for shirts is white. Not off white, not eggshell. WHITE. Wanna go really formal? Then pique. But NEVER black. You wear black and you look like a mob goon trying to dress up.

Formal is black tie or white tie. A black shirt and jacket isn't even proper for business casual.

Effingham has a new favorite as of 20:31 on Jul 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

platedlizard posted:

All of those beards are cool as gently caress.

So, can a beard count as a hat, for purposes of the rules in the first post? I want to see this goofy gently caress try to pull off a beard.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Beards are for lumberjacks and hobos. Shave your loving face.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Strontium posted:

And then he is the subject of :nws: :nms: fan art :nms: :nws:

:psyboom: I realized that he has a giant gummi worm protruding from his rear end.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

:psyboom: I realized that he has a giant gummi worm protruding from his rear end.

:allears: You are so innocent.

But so drat disturbed :gonk:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

How hosed up is your idea of sex that this is where you go to before dildo?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Tatum Girlparts posted:

How hosed up is your idea of sex that this is where you go to before dildo?

How hosed up is your idea of candy?

Pokey Araya
Jan 1, 2007
Anti-Hover Hand

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hang on...is that...are those...jeggings?

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

kizudarake posted:

So, can a beard count as a hat, for purposes of the rules in the first post? I want to see this goofy gently caress try to pull off a beard.

That's a bit difficult since I'm a gal.

And I loving love lumberjacks. They are the manliest of men.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

platedlizard posted:

M'lady.

If you're not doing something later, we could totally get together and get something to eat. I'm actually a really cool, nice, guy. You don't even need to do anything--you wouldn't even have to put on makeup, because (believe it or not) I actually prefer girls who don't wear makeup. You'll definitely see that I'm not like any other guys you've ever met. I guess you could call it "class".

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

M'lady.

If you're not doing something later, we could totally get together and get something to eat. I'm actually a really cool, nice, guy. You don't even need to do anything--you wouldn't even have to put on makeup, because (believe it or not) I actually prefer girls who don't wear makeup. You'll definitely see that I'm not like any other guys you've ever met. I guess you could call it "class".

Only if I see you chop down a tree first and then saw it into boards.

content:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

RazorBunny posted:

Plus, learning a straight razor technique is loving hard.

Especially if you have terrible acne that makes your face all lumpy because you subsist on pizza rolls and never bathe.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

platedlizard posted:

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Everyone loves a fat neckbeard in an ill-fitting suit getting married.

Those pants, holy moly. It caaaaaame from Faaaaaceboooook.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

zoux posted:

Hang on...is that...are those...jeggings?

He just looks like he got caught at a bad moment? :confused:

Anyways, screw you for trying to say Wil Wheaton is awkward/ugly/gross :sotw:

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I am actually just a sentient program made to shitpost, and am still getting my human speed calibration down.
Shut up, Wesley.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

Pokey Araya posted:

Anti-Hover Hand

I'm not sure if this makes it more or less awkward, but that's a relatively famous SSF4 announcer by the name of Skisonic

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

He just looks like he got caught at a bad moment? :confused:

Anyways, screw you for trying to say Wil Wheaton is awkward/ugly/gross :sotw:

He's doing it on purpose :ssh:

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp

platedlizard posted:

Be it hereby resolved that for the purposes of this thread the general category of beards, barring the subsets NECK and PATCHY, shall henceforward be considered as "AWESOME."

Forti
May 5, 2009

Blackmage Yapo posted:

I'm not sure if this makes it more or less awkward, but that's a relatively famous SSF4 announcer by the name of Skisonic

Oh, it's some with a youtube channel? That's totally cool then.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

RazorBunny posted:

He's doing it on purpose :ssh:

That makes me feel better. I love that guy :unsmith: :sparkles:

Effingham
Aug 1, 2006

The bells of the Gion Temple echo the impermanence of all things...

fullroundaction posted:

Everyone loves a fat neckbeard in an ill-fitting suit getting married.

Those pants, holy moly. It caaaaaame from Faaaaaceboooook.

Actually, it looks like the pants would fit fine if he wore them the way he's supposed to. Judging by the crotch (yes, I looked, don't judge me!), he's wearing them way too low.

At any rate, he looks foolish as hell.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

veedubfreak posted:

Beards are for lumberjacks and hobos.

And directors. http://grolschfilmworks.com/ca/features/great-directors-with-great-beards

And Alan Moore:

OdorousTobacco
Oct 17, 2005
I get the chills thinking that one day this fuckwit may be right
I was browsing OKCupid and I started wandering into the rabbit hole of polyamorous couples and couples looking for women to have threesomes with. Whatever, if that's your thing, I'm cool with it...

But why is it that the guy in the threesomes always looks like this:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

It's like a groomed (yet sleazy) version of Pasi Viheraho

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone

Missing Name posted:

Are people with gas masks fair game? If so, I am awkward as all gently caress. They said "safety goggles minimum" in the chem labs. And goddamn if I didn't trump them. Plus, makes for neat Halloween costumes or exploring Зона, сталкер.

Yeah I guess. Your classmates call you "gas mask guy" behind your back and make jokes where that's the punchline like "ha ha maybe we should set her up with gas mask guy!!" But ultimately it's whatever floats your boat man.

Double Plus Good
Nov 4, 2009

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

M'lady.

Well, I'm also a m'lady and it's my opinion that those beards look gross and smelly. :colbert: So I guess what we've learned here is that somebody out there will appreciate you for all your fashion decisions. v:v:v

Even this guy, apparently.

EDIT: This was one of the beards in the beard gallery and it made me laugh:

This is acceptable. Because he is Santa Claus.

Double Plus Good has a new favorite as of 00:08 on Jul 3, 2013

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

veedubfreak posted:

Beards are for lumberjacks and hobos. Shave your loving face.

Alt-country singer is also acceptable in my book:

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Double Plus Good posted:

Well, I'm also a m'lady and it's my opinion that those beards look gross and smelly. :colbert: So I guess what we've learned here is that somebody out there will appreciate you for all your fashion decisions.

Buh... buh... you're telling me that women aren't a homogeneous group in terms of what they find attractive? That's not what the internet guides said!

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Is that dress on backwards? It has to be on backwards.

Where the hoes at in this cafe?

For content: Ironic historical bad beard.

On beardchat, I have no idea why a vocal group of the pinterest/etsy crowd think mustaches are hilarious and awesome and it's so funny to use them everywhere tee hee when mustaches in person make the wearer look like either a cop or a rapist 99% of the time.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

canyoneer posted:

Where the hoes at in this cafe?

For content: Ironic historical bad beard.

On beardchat, I have no idea why a vocal group of the pinterest/etsy crowd think mustaches are hilarious and awesome and it's so funny to use them everywhere tee hee when mustaches in person make the wearer look like either a cop or a rapist 99% of the time.

See, the rad dude on the left probably grew a big rear end bushy beard then trimmed and shaved it into the magnificent specimen you see there. The other tool just too a razor to his tiny poo poo beard and it shows.

Also goatees for life.

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

Double Plus Good posted:

Well, I'm also a m'lady and it's my opinion that those beards look gross and smelly. :colbert: So I guess what we've learned here is that somebody out there will appreciate you for all your fashion decisions. v:v:v

This is acceptable. Because he is Santa Claus.

Even worse are the guys that think it's not at all disgusting that they can fish 2-3 week old food out of their beard, jesus christ that's gross.

As for Santa's, I knew one IRL once, he was a creepy PUA type, but at least he was gay, so not much threat.

e:

quote:

yes, it is.

Doggboat
Oct 17, 2012

Blackmage Yapo posted:

And those are pretty obvious photoshops.

Man, that beard talk is really tempting me to open a huge :can:

Double Plus Good
Nov 4, 2009

DStecks posted:

Buh... buh... you're telling me that women aren't a homogeneous group in terms of what they find attractive? That's not what the internet guides said!

Nah man don't be ridiculous, you just gotta consult the chart and plan your game accordingly.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Double Plus Good posted:

That's good, though. Having a beard isn't the issue if you know what to do with it, and plenty of guys look much better with a bit of scruff or a close beard (Rainn Wilson, for example.) The problem comes in when guys think with a "the bigger the better" mentality, because more beard = more man! So they end up with beards like the guy on the far left of the band, or the one with the glasses. Big, bushy, unkempt beards.

Eugh.

Religious proscriptions aside, unless you're a genuine lumberjack/railroad worker/mountain man (or you play one on TV) you should not have a beard like that.

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Religious proscriptions aside, unless you're a genuine lumberjack/railroad worker/mountain man (or you play one on TV) you should not have a beard like that.

That last guy would actually look great if he didn't have a wild animal attacking his chin.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Down With People posted:

That last guy would actually look great if he didn't have a wild animal attacking his chin.

Or an axe and a tuque, I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

What about left-wing revolutionaries?

I quite like beards if they suit the guy's face shape and if they're clean. It's stupid waxed twirly moustaches and tufty beards that annoy me. The kind worn by people who wish to return to a simpler time, when we oppressed a ton of colonies, there was no welfare state and women females couldn't vote.

• Locked thread