Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

howlsan posted:

Is that relevant or it was just Kuzuryuu being sassy?

I had actually forgotten completely about that.

I think he might just be saying "you all", though. Monobear already has said their memories are gone, right? So he wouldn't necessarily know anything about a possible murder in the past, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

orenronen posted:

F-suke
Looks like she threw something in here... What is it?
A photo? A broken flower vase...?
Does that mean... that the sound of breaking glass...?
That must be it... why would anyone try to get rid of this photo otherwise...?

"A photo of a broken vase? It must be from the day of the murder! Therefore the sound people heard must have been the vase breaking and not a window! Therefore the person who had this photo must be the murderer! Of course!"

Are we SURE this guy isn't the SHSL Detective?

Hypotenuse Man
May 18, 2013
For some reason, the fact that Kuzuryuu shows up twice in the credits makes me think that it's supposed to throw you even further off track - it's supposed to make you think that Kuzuryuu has a sister and that both of them were involved with the game. I'm now expecting the game to throw a curveball at us in trial and reveal that Kuzuryuu actually has two siblings or something like that.

Edit: Siblings. Two siblings, not sisters.

Hypotenuse Man fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jul 14, 2013

Meeks Sisu
Mar 30, 2011

Is this performance art!?
I keep seeing people say that Kuzuryuu probably killed E-ko, but I don't think that is likely. At the end of day 3 we see him claiming that he is going to interrogate his sister's murderer. On day 4, however, E-ko's killer makes no effort to find out what happened, and instead just kills her after making a few creepy comments. That does not seem consistent with Kuzuryuu's intentions, and so I think he's being set-up as a red herring for this murder.

I believe the actual murderer is going to be Kira, or at least a wannabe Kira. And that that person is either Sonia or Peko. I'm also considering the possibility that Kuzuryuu was Kira's accomplice. He would have a motive to help the person who killed his sister's murderer (which he would know about assuming Monobear revealed the truth for winning the game). I wouldn't be surprised if Saionji only witnessed Kuzuryuu at the scene of the crime and accuses him.

SusanosWrath
Jan 3, 2012

This Unit Will Self-Destruct Upon Termination of Target

Hypotenuse Man posted:

For some reason, the fact that Kuzuryuu shows up twice in the credits makes me think that it's supposed to throw you even further off track - it's supposed to make you think that Kuzuryuu has a sister and that both of them were involved with the game. I'm now expecting the game to throw a curveball at us in trial and reveal that Kuzuryuu actually has two sisters or something like that.
No, it's pretty clear that F-Suke is Kuzuryuu and the dead girl was his sister. Because F-Suke was the only male in the entire game and wanted revenge for his sister's murder.

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
The gimmick with Kira-Kira is probably in the name (Killer-killer), (s)he only kills other killers much like Syo only killed hot guys in very specific circumstances.

Since the photographer hasn't killed anyone herself as far as we know, I expect the mask to be a red herring and planted there to make us suspect Kira-Kira whose identity we'll probably find out during the trial.

TCat
Oct 10, 2012

I'll save you the time and call myself a loser

Elite posted:

"A photo of a broken vase? It must be from the day of the murder! Therefore the sound people heard must have been the vase breaking and not a window! Therefore the person who had this photo must be the murderer! Of course!"

Are we SURE this guy isn't the SHSL Detective?

You know what I really don't understand about the F-suke thing is I thought Twilight Murder Mystery whosawhatsit took place in an all girls school. Why the gently caress is he hanging around there? Is his the all boys school that's across the street and shares the same sports field or something? I mean, as her brother I realize he probably was told about the murder, but why the hell is he wandering around like a god drat creeper.

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.
I have this idea that only days 1-3 happened during their shared school days. The fourth day actually refers to this recent murder.

So, it was probably done to motivate people to kill Koizumi, who not only has been established as a nosy, no nonsense girl, but also may have photographic evidence of the prior crime.

The girls would be motivated to kill her so their involvement on the school crime is not known, Kuzuryuu might be motivated so he can know more about the death of his sister.

The in-game game makes a point about that broken aquarium, and the missing swimsuit. I wonder if the in-game game baseball bat victim girl might have been trying to cover for someone else's crime.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Vesi posted:

The gimmick with Kira-Kira is probably in the name (Killer-killer)

Bear in mind that 'kira' can also refer to glittering or sparkling, so it might not be the same word twice but something like 'kira'-killer - referring (roughly) to somebody who extinguishes bright sparks.

Although if it were this etymology then they'd be the one person Nagito would be unhappy to help as they're the opposite of his interest.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Kal-L posted:

I have this idea that only days 1-3 happened during their shared school days. The fourth day actually refers to this recent murder.

That doesn't make much sense because this recent murder hadn't actually happened yet, as of Monobear showing them the game. I suppose it's likely that the murderer intentionally imitated it for whatever reason, but barring time travel or psychic powers there's simply no way that the game could contain details about the recent murder.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

TCat posted:

You know what I really don't understand about the F-suke thing is I thought Twilight Murder Mystery whosawhatsit took place in an all girls school. Why the gently caress is he hanging around there? Is his the all boys school that's across the street and shares the same sports field or something? I mean, as her brother I realize he probably was told about the murder, but why the hell is he wandering around like a god drat creeper.

It was based on true events. Since it covers a period that no one has memories of, that means it took place at Hope's Peak. Presumably, they all remember their middle school days because they remember being accepted into Hope's Peak. So, the younger Kuzuryuu was either a younger twin sister or they were second year students. I guess she could have been adopted or a half sister of the same age, instead.

It seems sort of contrived that the girl who harassed Mahiru in middle school made it into Hope's Peak with her brother, though.

TKMobile
Apr 30, 2009

Kal-L posted:

So, it was probably done to motivate people to kill Koizumi, who not only has been established as a nosy, no nonsense girl, but also may have photographic evidence of the prior crime.

The girls would be motivated to kill her so their involvement on the school crime is not known, Kuzuryuu might be motivated so he can know more about the death of his sister.

The in-game game makes a point about that broken aquarium, and the missing swimsuit. I wonder if the in-game game baseball bat victim girl might have been trying to cover for someone else's crime.

Okay, I've mentioned this before, but why would Kuzuryuu kill Koizumi even in these circumstances? If he killed whomever E-Ko/Satou actually is, then he's avenged his sister's murder, he can't be put on trial for a death that happened BEFORE everyone was sent to the island, and he doesn't need to off someone who may have had evidence against someone he's already killed. In fact, nothing Koizumi/D-Ko had in terms of evidence could implicate him; she only had the dirt on E-Ko killing his sister. If he didn't kill E-Ko, then he wouldn't have a reason to kill the one person who knows anything about who killed his sister. Threaten, interrogate? Maybe.

I'm almost positive that he went to Koizumi for information. Maybe he doesn't have all of his memories or the whole story. Maybe he just wants confirmation and answers. If anything, this still points to Kira-kira attempting to kill Kuzuryuu, and Koizumi gt in the way somehow, or Koizumi was killed because of her (non)-involvement with the high school murder.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

It's possible Koizumi tried to kill Kuzuryuu. Avenging her friend, assuming she remembers Satou enough to want to avenge her. Then Kuzuryuu could have killed her in self-defence, because he was raised in organised crime, of course he could kill a photographer.

This could be that tragic case of self-defence people have been hoping would happen.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

You know, when he says things like this, Nagito doesn't seem like such a bad guy.

But then he turns into a total creeper again and you just want Hinata to punch him in the face or something.

He isn't a bad guy per say as much as he seems completely nuts. Japan's mental healthcare sucks, to say the least. :v:

Joenen
Feb 15, 2012

symptom posted:

Motive right now is the strongest evidence against whoever killed Koizumi. Obviously that could all change at the trial if something new is discovered, like whatever is in that file, but for right now the ones with any motive are connected to the game. Also may be just a coincidence (although with a game like this I doubt it) but all the girls connected to the game aren't in swimsuits, but the ones that aren't are.

Motive's important, but if you can't connect the crime with the motive, it doesn't mean much. We haven't seen evidence that puts Kuzuryuu on the chopping block. He does qualify for Red Herring though.

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.

Clarste posted:

That doesn't make much sense because this recent murder hadn't actually happened yet, as of Monobear showing them the game. I suppose it's likely that the murderer intentionally imitated it for whatever reason, but barring time travel or psychic powers there's simply no way that the game could contain details about the recent murder.

Days 1-3 are their shared past. Then day 4 is likely a suggestion from Monobear, like "If you want to cover your tracks, this is how you have to do it". That might be the "prize" he talked about.

The murderer used day 4 as a template for their crime. As for Kuzuryuu's motive, he saw in the game that a photographer chick, who's identified as Koizumi in the credits, might have info about the murder of someone dear to him. He at least would ask some questions.

Anatharon posted:

He isn't a bad guy per say as much as he seems completely nuts. Japan's mental healthcare sucks, to say the least. :v:

He reminds me of Robert DeNiro's character in The Fan. He idolizes the SHSL students, but won't doubt to be rough with them so they can achieve their true potential.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I don't think motive works very well unless we have a cheap "I suddenly got my memories back" twist. Even if the characters make the connection between themselves and game characters, there's simply no reason for them to trust Monobear. Honestly, the whole "game as a source of motive" thing strikes me as almost nonsensical at this point, with the exception of the maybe the Kira-Kira serial killer-killer thing. I'm guessing it's mostly for red herrings.

Kal-L posted:

Days 1-3 are their shared past. Then day 4 is likely a suggestion from Monobear, like "If you want to cover your tracks, this is how you have to do it". That might be the "prize" he talked about.

Except for the fact that it's also telling everyone else how you did it? That seems like terrible advice to take. Anyway, I did admit that it's likely that the murderer imitated it.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jul 13, 2013

Hypotenuse Man
May 18, 2013

psychoticBacofoil posted:

No, it's pretty clear that F-Suke is Kuzuryuu and the dead girl was his sister. Because F-Suke was the only male in the entire game and wanted revenge for his sister's murder.

Yeah, I understood that when I read the update, and then I completely botched it up in my post by putting 'sisters' and not 'siblings.'

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TKMobile posted:

Okay, I've mentioned this before, but why would Kuzuryuu kill Koizumi even in these circumstances? If he killed whomever E-Ko/Satou actually is, then he's avenged his sister's murder, he can't be put on trial for a death that happened BEFORE everyone was sent to the island, and he doesn't need to off someone who may have had evidence against someone he's already killed. In fact, nothing Koizumi/D-Ko had in terms of evidence could implicate him; she only had the dirt on E-Ko killing his sister. If he didn't kill E-Ko, then he wouldn't have a reason to kill the one person who knows anything about who killed his sister. Threaten, interrogate? Maybe.

I'm almost positive that he went to Koizumi for information. Maybe he doesn't have all of his memories or the whole story. Maybe he just wants confirmation and answers. If anything, this still points to Kira-kira attempting to kill Kuzuryuu, and Koizumi gt in the way somehow, or Koizumi was killed because of her (non)-involvement with the high school murder.

Once again did you miss the part were Koizumi tried to cover up the murder.

Joenen posted:

Motive's important, but if you can't connect the crime with the motive, it doesn't mean much. We haven't seen evidence that puts Kuzuryuu on the chopping block. He does qualify for Red Herring though.

He did leave the area were the crime was so he totally could have done it.

Serious Frolicking posted:

It was based on true events. Since it covers a period that no one has memories of, that means it took place at Hope's Peak. Presumably, they all remember their middle school days because they remember being accepted into Hope's Peak. So, the younger Kuzuryuu was either a younger twin sister or they were second year students. I guess she could have been adopted or a half sister of the same age, instead.

It seems sort of contrived that the girl who harassed Mahiru in middle school made it into Hope's Peak with her brother, though.
First things first just because one sibling is older does not mean they were more then a year apart in age. (Though it`s unlikely)

Two why would siblings be unable to get into the same school.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jul 14, 2013

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I think you guys might be somewhat wrong about Kuzuryuu being the first person to finish the game.

Just because he had the envelope doesn't mean he was the first to finish the game. It's possible he grabbed it from the recently deceased Koizumi, who did and died confronting someone else. We still have a third person to discover the body to discover, and we need someone to tamper with crime scenes with Togami gone, after all :v:

e: I mean, if Yakuza here stumbled across dead Koizumi with her having the envelope from the game that makes him look guilty, you better believe he'd run off with it.

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jul 14, 2013

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Bellmaker posted:

I think you guys might be somewhat wrong about Kuzuryuu being the first person to finish the game.

Just because he had the envelope doesn't mean he was the first to finish the game. It's possible he grabbed it from the recently deceased Koizumi, who did and died confronting someone else. We still have a third person to discover the body to discover, and we need someone to tamper with crime scenes with Togami gone, after all :v:

e: I mean, if Yakuza here stumbled across dead Koizumi with her having the envelope from the game that makes him look guilty, you better believe he'd run off with it.

The shot with Kuzuryuu having the envelope was, like, seven updates ago.

Edit: It takes place a bit before Hinata's grievous failure to feed Komaeda, so Koizumi even personally speaks to Hinata after we see Kuzuryuu with the envelope.

Knicknevin
Jul 2, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

Two why would siblings be unable to get into the same school.

Well, Hope's Peak IS supposed to be a super elite, invitation only school. It's not impossible or anything, just unlikely. Still, unless you want to doubt Monobear, it happened. Twice, since we had twins in the first game as well.

MonsterEnvy posted:

He did leave the area were the crime was so he totally could have done it.

We don't know that. Hinata only said Kuzuryuu was 'walking by' without making it clear which direction he was going. Unless there was some detail lost in translation, I'd say it's more likely he was on his way TO the beach. Perhaps to confront Mahiru about what he learned from the envelope and the game.

I just feel like if he was coming FROM the beach, Hinata would have made it clearer. Instead he just said that he and Souda noticed Kuzuryuu 'walking past the diner'.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Meeks Sisu posted:

I keep seeing people say that Kuzuryuu probably killed E-ko, but I don't think that is likely. At the end of day 3 we see him claiming that he is going to interrogate his sister's murderer. On day 4, however, E-ko's killer makes no effort to find out what happened, and instead just kills her after making a few creepy comments. That does not seem consistent with Kuzuryuu's intentions, and so I think he's being set-up as a red herring for this murder.

I believe the actual murderer is going to be Kira, or at least a wannabe Kira. And that that person is either Sonia or Peko. I'm also considering the possibility that Kuzuryuu was Kira's accomplice. He would have a motive to help the person who killed his sister's murderer (which he would know about assuming Monobear revealed the truth for winning the game). I wouldn't be surprised if Saionji only witnessed Kuzuryuu at the scene of the crime and accuses him.

If Kuzuryuu didn't kill E-ko, then the most likely killer is D-ko. She knew E-ko was guilty and there's no indication that she's OK with what happened. That might provide a motive for anyone who liked E-ko, but it'd be necessary to know what happened.

Perhaps Saionji overheard a confrontation and found out her bestie is a murderer?

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
The more I think about it, the more I think at the moment the game just confuses the issue. Motive is not important to the solution. It never was before, it isn't going to start being so. It's cold, hard evidence that matters, opportunity. We knew Togami's killer was Hanamura because he was the only one who could have done it. Honestly, I still don't think there's enough evidence to say with certainty who the killer is.

Kurteth
Jul 14, 2013

by T. Finninho

Knicknevin posted:

E-ko died, and therefore wouldn't be on the island. She's Satao.
F-suke is obviously Kuzuryuu. He's the only male character with a name mentioned in the game. Twice, in fact.

I've been seeing a LOT of stuff like this sorry if it's been said already but...What if Satao is the pervert? And the two Kurzuyuu aren't some kind of mess up or whatever, but actually the brother and sister.

e: Brother and *dead* sister. (first victim)

Kurteth fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jul 14, 2013

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Kurteth posted:

I've been seeing a LOT of stuff like this sorry if it's been said already but...What if Satou is the pervert? And the two Kurzuyuu aren't some kind of mess up or whatever, but actually the brother and sister.

My best guess for the missing swimsuit is that the pervert angle is a red herring and Satou/E-ko claimed it was stolen in order to hide the fact that it was bloodied or damaged as a result of the murder. I'm not sure how that ties into the current case (or why E-ko confronted the victim in her swimsuit, anyway), but I think given E-ko's all-but-stated guilt, the missing swimsuit wasn't actually stolen, and it may be pointing towards a similar "disappearance" of key evidence in this case.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Spatula City posted:

The more I think about it, the more I think at the moment the game just confuses the issue. Motive is not important to the solution. It never was before, it isn't going to start being so. It's cold, hard evidence that matters, opportunity. We knew Togami's killer was Hanamura because he was the only one who could have done it. Honestly, I still don't think there's enough evidence to say with certainty who the killer is.

I think you've pinned down why I find the game-in-a-game slightly boring. It doesn't seem like it will eventually have a strong bearing on the case. Best guess is that, unless they do bring motive in, it will have something to do with how the crime was committed (i.e. the set-up of the crime scene). This would make the evidence bullets meaningful. It may not be who had the motive; it may end up being who would know which details to use, as in the attempted Syo set-up.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Antivehicular posted:

My best guess for the missing swimsuit is that the pervert angle is a red herring and Satou/E-ko claimed it was stolen in order to hide the fact that it was bloodied or damaged as a result of the murder. I'm not sure how that ties into the current case (or why E-ko confronted the victim in her swimsuit, anyway), but I think given E-ko's all-but-stated guilt, the missing swimsuit wasn't actually stolen, and it may be pointing towards a similar "disappearance" of key evidence in this case.

I honestly don't think the motive or ANYTHING behind the murder in the game is relevant to the murder Hinata and crew are dealing with. It doesn't matter about the swimsuit, or the vase, or anything.

What I think IS relevant is that it reveals Kuzuryuu's sister is dead (or not, due to Monobear Bullshit), and that Kuzuryuu has learned of this, and reveals that Mahiru had knowledge or involvement with said sister's demise. That right there is motive enough for Kuzuryuu to kill Mahiru.

We can assume Satou is anyone who isn't already listed, and that just leaves Sonia and Peko, and I really doubt it's Sonia.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

John Dyne posted:

We can assume Satou is anyone who isn't already listed, and that just leaves Sonia and Peko, and I really doubt it's Sonia.
Maybe Satou is just a student who died for real before all this jabberwock island stuff started.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

kidcoelacanth posted:

He's being dumb, but he's showing infinitely more personality than Naegi or most anime game protagonists, which I think everyone appreciates.

Absolutely. Nagito is, even as hosed up as he is, my favorite character in both games. He presents SO many possibilities for screwing up the predicted order of events of the game and presents a serious conundrum for the protagonists to deal with. But he's not quite a villain; just a chaotic individual devoted to an ideology.

Kurteth
Jul 14, 2013

by T. Finninho

John Dyne posted:

I honestly don't think the motive or ANYTHING behind the murder in the game is relevant to the murder Hinata and crew are dealing with. It doesn't matter about the swimsuit, or the vase, or anything.

Really? I mean I figured it was obvious the whole pictures of evidence from death of sister with Kuzuryuu's anger about his sister (even with memory loss) *plus* the whole, photographer-folk tie-in (Mahiru/D-ko) would kind of be setting up for some kind of connection to the motive/murder. I mean come on, they were killed in the same way(even if they were different people. Obviously "ironic payback" or something of the like). EVEN IF, it's a red herring, It will have something to do with the murder, I'm sure. Not to mention they gave us bullets for the vase an swimsuit and I'm pretty sure bullets are always used.

But, I haven't checked to make sure every single one was used.

John Dyne posted:

What I think IS relevant is that it reveals Kuzuryuu's sister is dead (or not, due to Monobear Bullshit), and that Kuzuryuu has learned of this, and reveals that Mahiru had knowledge or involvement with said sister's demise. That right there is motive enough for Kuzuryuu to kill Mahiru.

But, wouldn't Satou be the second murder? Not Sonia OR Peko?

Mahiru would then end up being the third, copycatting Satou's/E-ko's death.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Brannock posted:

Absolutely. Nagito is, even as hosed up as he is, my favorite character in both games. He presents SO many possibilities for screwing up the predicted order of events of the game and presents a serious conundrum for the protagonists to deal with. But he's not quite a villain; just a chaotic individual devoted to an ideology.

I was talking about Hinata :v:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Whelp, I've finally caught up.

A couple of thoughts, I don't know if its been raised already I assume so but just in case; "kirakira" and how Sonia describes her/it sounds a lot like it is just a shoutout to "Kira" from Death Note, the stories match up down to a T; though there is also a visual novel of the same name "Kira-Kira" which is about Light Music club shenanigans so maybe it could be an oblique reference to Mikan...?

I think Saijonji presumably running away from the crime scene is something that definitely needs to be addressed, and Owari's story about entering in a fight with the SHSL Coach. The blood was definitely washed off with the bottles from the vending machine as the water wasn't running right? And its against the rules to change your clothes in that house, which rules out Kuzuryuu simply changing into his trunks and back to his suit.

qwertyasdf
Nov 11, 2003

After this update I have no loving clue whats even going on anymore. Too many names and aliases. I like my anime child murder mysteries nice and simple.

I am keeping my chips in peko did it's corner, because the physical evidence still makes her suspicious and the game is still going to require some trial context. Probably whats in that folder is the missing link.

qwertyasdf fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Jul 14, 2013

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
There must be some link between the real world evidence and the game, but it doesn't seem like it has been shown thus far. Perhaps Monobear set up the game in order to motivate someone to commit murder, but that didn't actually bear fruit and someone unrelated to the game found out and took advantage of the situation. I suspect that the trial will include Hinata proving Kuzuryuu and Mahiru's involvement in the events of the game, followed by Hinata proving Kuzuryuu's innocence in the current case. If so, Kuzuryuu will naturally continue to be his own worst enemy with his adorable attempts at bravado.

zetsubous
Feb 19, 2013

John Dyne posted:

Have we ever had an evidence bullet that was completely irrelevant, though? Jesus, even that stupid fanservice thing with Mikan ended up being relevant.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

zetsubous posted:

Have we ever had an evidence bullet that was completely irrelevant, though? Jesus, even that stupid fanservice thing with Mikan ended up being relevant.

The photo of the Kirigiris.

That was still an important plot beat, though, and also in the final chapter, so I don't think this is going to be the same thing.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

zetsubous posted:

They don't need to be directly relevant to the real-life murder to be used in the trial. All there needs to be is a non-stop debate about what happened in the game.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
It looks like the game will provide a sub-mystery which will have to be solved, even though it seems incredibly obvious what happened. This thread has enough Hagakures for me to ever overestimate the intelligence of some of these characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Kuzuryuu got the reward, found something that pissed him off at Koizumi, killed her?

Pekoyama dumped the water bottles on herself and never went swimming. Why she's involved here is anyone's guess. Nevermind wearing the wetsuit has no explanation other than maybe she was just telling the truth.

I'm disappointed that the theory that Kozumi went to Owari and Nidai for combat training and turned out not to have an action-anime skull like theirs is probably not the truth, as that would have been hilarious.

Anyway, it seems odd that Kuzuryuu would be the culprit, given how much of everyone else we've seen this segment, and how little we've seen of him altogether -- just enough to get across that he's a jerk who hates everyone. It would be pointless for him to die so soon, so hopefully whatever's coming gives him some worthwhile character development.

• Locked thread