Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012

Irritated Goat posted:

Is there a good decent case? I'm not really looking for a leather case or anything. Just something that will hold a few games and the DS for travel.

I'm hoping my $30 credit after buying SMT IV will go towards a copy of Monster Hunter so I'll need a bigger SD card too

There's a Club Nintendo reward for 30 coins that's a small blue or red cinch pouch, it works great for carrying just the system itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a Twat
Oct 11, 2010

Oops you almost got away without your Diddy
Just beat Dream Team Bros. It says it took me 40 hours!! Doesn't feel like it at all - I wonder if that's just because its a fantastic game, or maybe it counted all the time I left it in pause/sleep mode on the Home menu?

Great ending, though. Lives up to the standards of the rest of the series. MAJOR SPOILERS: Really loved how they subverted my expectations of how the Antasma/Bowser union would end up - it was really great to see Bowser finally get a chance to be the final boss again, properly, without being possessed by something else. I actually cheered. Very Paper Mario, actually.

So, to anyone on the fence: get it get it. Far better than both of the DS games. Less frustrating gameplay than Superstar Saga, but I still think nothing can beat the original's crazy plot.

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

So I'm playing Flower Town, because I went out to my husband's work thing and actually got street passes that weren't him. (I like Flower Town the best; I'm bad at shooters.) And I some point, I unlock the ability to plant a seed with someone. As in, I do this, and the flower might grow into their favorite color---whatever their Mii is wearing.

So I picked a girl wearing black, cause black flowers are neat. And I plant the seed in the pot.

And she whips out a baster and jams it in my pot and injects it.

Y'all, I am pretty sure I just did lesbian gardening insemination. :toot:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
How sensitive is the accelerometer on the 3DS? Could I say, leave it closed in a backpack while on the train and get a shitload of Play Coins?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Considering the limit is 10 a day... no, not a shitload.

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010

Neo_Crimson posted:

How sensitive is the accelerometer on the 3DS? Could I say, leave it closed in a backpack while on the train and get a shitload of Play Coins?

10 a day.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

You basically should just assume your 3DS is going to get 10/day unless you literally don't move. 1000 steps is like a walk around the block.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

MaxDuo posted:

10 a day.

I think for precisely that reason, or so you can't just go on a giant 50 mile hike and gather enough coins to last a whole year. Gotta get your rear end out there earning coins every day.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

njsykora posted:

I think for precisely that reason, or so you can't just go on a giant 50 mile hike and gather enough coins to last a whole year. Gotta get your rear end out there earning coins every day.

Are you a communist

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

AngryCaterpillar posted:

Are you a communist

No I believe everyone should give their play coins to me so I can fill my AC house with even more Nintendo crap.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Zeether posted:

It turns out the new Treasure game that was talked about is being co-developed with Capcom: http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/20/treasure-and-capcom-are-working-together

Not sure if this will be localized though, the details seem to point towards it being something Capcom would go "well, this isn't gonna work for the Western market" on like EX Troopers.

It definitely won't. It's one of those attempts at launching a cross-media franchise, like the ones Level-5 seems to announce every other week, and even the ones that aren't ultra-Japanese tend to stay in Japan for logistical reasons - publishers don't wanna release them internationally without also releasing the toy line or the anime or whatever, so there are a million more hurdles to jump over.

Also, it doesn't look very good.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

njsykora posted:

No I believe everyone should give their play coins to me so I can fill my AC house with even more Nintendo crap.

I have found you out, Charon.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Speaking of play coins I'm getting pretty sick of every single nerd I streetpass having one room filled with Nintendo poo poo with the Mario wallpaper and floors. They're all basically identical because there's only so many ways you can arrange a room full of fire flowers and turtle shells. Get creative, nerds.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Travis343 posted:

Speaking of play coins I'm getting pretty sick of every single nerd I streetpass having one room filled with Nintendo poo poo with the Mario wallpaper and floors. They're all basically identical because there's only so many ways you can arrange a room full of fire flowers and turtle shells. Get creative, nerds.

I'm probably going to move my Nintendo stuff to a museum exhibit when I get the chance. That way I can have a sleek room where the Nintendo cave is.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Neo_Crimson posted:

I don't know about the train, but it doesn't really work in the car. I think it picks up some "steps", but I think I only got 1 or 2 coins out of a 2 hour car ride.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Is there any word when SMT IV is coming out in Australia?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Fonzarelli posted:

Is there any word when SMT IV is coming out in Australia?

From what I've heard it's not confirmed it will actually release in Australia yet. So you might have to import.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
SMT4 doesn't have a PAL date at all, does it?

NISA did date the AU release for Etrian Odyssey 4 the other day: September 5, and it's even priced reasonably ($43AUD).

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

ImpAtom posted:

You basically should just assume your 3DS is going to get 10/day unless you literally don't move. 1000 steps is like a walk around the block.

Yeah, even for the lazy, you can sit there and waggle out 10 coins in less than 5 minutes.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

uPen posted:

Email nintendo, they're pretty responsive about that exact problem.

If you wanna know just how good they are, here's my story. I emailed them last week asking if they could possibly register Fire Emblem: Awakening to my Club Nintendo account. A couple of days later, I'm looking at a Club Nintendo account with pending product registration surveys for all six of the games I bought before linking my 3DS to my account, some of which I'd forgotten I even bought. Talk about going the extra mile.

ENJOY THE MEATHOSE
Jun 7, 2007

Are there any sales on XLs right now? I'm in the market for one after losing my old 3DS in a taxi cab.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yo NA dudes, Best Buy is having another sale, here's the relevant 3/DS stuff:

Pokemon Conquest (DS) - $14.99
Style Savvy: Trendsetters (3DS) - $9.99
Steel Diver (3DS) - $4.99
Crosswords Plus (3DS) - $4.99

I'm not sure Crosswords Plus is even worth $5.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Why is that? I got my money's worth out of the NY Times Crossword collection for the original DS, how much worse is this?

Edit: I guess it's worth mentioning that Crosswords Plus is only $3.99 on Amazon. No free shipping, though.

Sarchasm fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Jul 21, 2013

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Thanks for this, I figure playing submarine captain is worth $5.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Sarchasm posted:

Why is that? I got my money's worth out of the NY Times Crossword collection for the original DS, how much worse is this?

Edit: I guess it's worth mentioning that Crosswords Plus is only $3.99 on Amazon. No free shipping, though.
That looks like the same engine as CrossworDS. I forget if I hated that because NY Times had better controls or because the DS was held sideways.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Sarchasm posted:

It's almost identical to the already-crappy CrossworDS for DS, complete with the same bugs and even most of the same crosswords, plus they had the temerity to charge $30 for it instead of $20. I think the character recognition may have even been worse.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

VarrosAnon posted:

From what I've heard it's not confirmed it will actually release in Australia yet. So you might have to import.

Nintendo of Europe is going to publish it for PAL regions.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS
I don't suppose anyone is buying SMT4 and not Fire Emblem? I'll give you $10 of eShop funding codes for your reg code :sigh:

WorldWarWonderful
Jul 15, 2004
Eh?

Steel Diver has been reguarly-priced for a whole dollar at EB for a good month now.

Also, where's my Korg M01D :mad:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
^^Korg M01D has only been out in Japan for a week or so, I imagine we'll be waiting a while yet.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

WorldWarWonderful posted:

Steel Diver has been reguarly-priced for a whole dollar at EB for a good month now.

Well Steel Diver is also going to be Free-To-Play by the end of the year too... So if you really need to try Steel Diver and feel like waiting, save your money

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008
I don't suppose if I just told Nintendo support I lost my Fire Emblem PIN insert they'd find some way to let me register it anyway? I posted before about this, but I bought a used copy before I knew about the eShop credit deal (or registered a Club Nintendo account, if that makes any difference), and it didn't have a box or anything with it. Does anyone have any idea?

Edit: VVV Yeah, I figured, but I thought I'd check and see if anyone had had a similar experience. Oh, well.

Jigsaw fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jul 21, 2013

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Jigsaw posted:

I don't suppose if I just told Nintendo support I lost my Fire Emblem PIN insert they'd find some way to let me register it anyway? I posted before about this, but I bought a used copy before I knew about the eShop credit deal (or registered a Club Nintendo account, if that makes any difference), and it didn't have a box or anything with it. Does anyone have any idea?

They're probably not going to be sympathetic since you bought it used, especially if the person before you registered it to their account.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

AngryCaterpillar posted:

I don't suppose anyone is buying SMT4 and not Fire Emblem? I'll give you $10 of eShop funding codes for your reg code :sigh:

Try asking in the smt4 thread. It's been getting lots of posts and is a nice targeted group.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

Holy poo poo, you goons. Buy Style Savvy: Trendsetters. It's pretty loving fun and at 10 dollars it's a steal.

Scher
Sep 15, 2011

~Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom~

BambooEarpick posted:

Holy poo poo, you goons. Buy Style Savvy: Trendsetters. It's pretty loving fun and at 10 dollars it's a steal.

Yes! Everybody buy Style Savvy and make lots of cute outfits! I bought the game on release and I loved it. It is definitely worth the 10 dollars as far as I'm concerned.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011
Club Nintendo Japan have just thrown up a new reward - "THE YEAR OF LUIGI Sound Selection" - 50% off if you've registered Luigi's Mansion 2 / New Super Luigi U / Mario & Luigi Dream Adventure (forgotten the English name!) - I believe that the other soundtracks have made it to Club Nintendo US eventually so this may be something that some of you want to save up for.
(Turns out they actually have a proper page for it too at http://www.nintendo.co.jp/luigi/sound/index.html)

ookiimarukochan fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jul 21, 2013

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008

AngryCaterpillar posted:

Well, as my post above explained, I can't register my copy of Fire Emblem, so if you want my SMT code just PM me and I can get it to you. $10 eShop credit sounds fine.

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011
Apologies if this has been already posted, but:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/07/namco_bandai_is_teasing_a_new_3ds_game_but_what_could_it_be

Any ideas? "Tales of the Abyss" is my a favorite 3DS game along with Animal Crossing so I'm hoping it'll be a new Tales game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
So I spent ten bucks on some StreetPass games because of that goddamn salesbunny. If they ever unleash that thing on the eshop I am seriously hosed. No-one could resist salesbunny. It even pretended to need to look up the price. OH I THINK YOU ALREADY KNOW THE PRICE YOU TEASE!

Well played Nintendo. Well played.

• Locked thread