Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
The really weird thing is the announcer doesn't say "sign" in the trailer. No one ever acknowledges the sign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baofu
Jun 15, 2007

I will never stop calling it Guilty Gear XXX, and neither should anyone else.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Waterbed posted:

That is such an abXrd name for a video game.

As far as guilty gear names go, it seems pretty standard tbh.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Coca Koala posted:

As far as guilty gear names go, it seems pretty standard tbh.

StanXrd

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Question Mark Mound posted:

Has anything new been announced about GGXrd since that vid?

I wanted to type GGX, but that doesn't work. It's the Xbox One / Original Xbox all over again!

Console announcement for the west will come at E3 2014 apparently. Who knows about the Arcade version though.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Circle is confirm in Japan because circle indicates a correct answer or true.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

jackofarcades posted:

Circle is confirm in Japan because circle indicates a correct answer or true.

Y'know, like a scantron. Personally I always thought it made more sense although the button placement made this annoying when it came to playing imported games.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Daishi Odashima posted that his Twitter is no longer the official account of Project Souls. Could be that he's no longer the director of the team, or maybe he's just no longer a liaison to the public. In any case, apparently Soul Calibur II is getting an HD version with online play.

Friendly Factory
Apr 19, 2007

I can't stand the wailing of women
Please PC version, please PC version...

Oh who am I kidding :smith:

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Harada confirmed that Hoshino, who has been a programmer for Project Soul for a long time, in now producer of Project Souls. I'm guessing he's taking Odashima's place.

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jul 20, 2013

dj_de
Jul 24, 2003

Huhhhhh?
http://shoryuken.com/2013/07/19/capcom-thinks-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-needs-a-rebalance-asks-fans-to-discuss-possible-changes/

Is it actually going to happen?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

PunkBoy posted:

In any case, apparently Soul Calibur II is getting an HD version with online play.

I will die happy if all 3 console exclusive characters make it in. I spent far too many hours playing SC2 on GameCube simply because Link was in it. His weapon sets were the best.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

jivjov posted:

I will die happy if all 3 console exclusive characters make it in. I spent far too many hours playing SC2 on GameCube simply because Link was in it. His weapon sets were the best.

Unfortunately (and understandably) Heihachi is probably the only one coming back. Too bad theres no Wii U version, since Im sure Link wouldve been in. Heck if they wanted to shell out for Spawn again, the Wii U could potentially have had all 3 of the exclusive dudes.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

So is Necrid gonna come back or...?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Policenaut posted:

So is Necrid gonna come back or...?

His complete lack of presence in the trailer must be an indication that Namco Bandai is keeping his inclusion a secret! :ssh:

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax
Mortal Kombat's 33% off on Steam for the next few hours: http://store.steampowered.com/app/237110/

Didn't realise the Yatagarasu people have been telling people to vote for the new characters since their fundraiser begin. Have to email in your ballot and every dollar you donate counts as one vote towards your choice, so get on that if you were as oblivious to it as me.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Are there any fighting games with large, stable online communities on PC?

I always loved fighting games on the SNES when I was a kid, and later on Soul Calibur and Smash Bros, but none of my RL friends are into them and I haven't picked one up in ages. Street Fighter 4 looks cool, and Skullgirls looks neat even if it's team based and anime as hell, are they active online?

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

SF4 (specifically SSF4:AE, not plain SF4) is active online, Skullgirls is not yet out on PC. Mortal Kombat probably has the largest playerbase at the moment, due to it being new (on PC) and selling really well on Steam.

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009

Wheeee posted:

Are there any fighting games with large, stable online communities on PC?

I always loved fighting games on the SNES when I was a kid, and later on Soul Calibur and Smash Bros, but none of my RL friends are into them and I haven't picked one up in ages. Street Fighter 4 looks cool, and Skullgirls looks neat even if it's team based and anime as hell, are they active online?

Gonna be an old man again and also recommend ST and 98 on ggpo. They're a small but very active and dedicated community for two of the best games ever with the best netcode around (although the servers themselves are unstable). SF4 has seen a small resurgence after evo and has always had an active playerbase, while it remains to be seen how large the MK9 pc community will end up being.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Ixiggle posted:

Gonna be an old man again and also recommend ST and 98 on ggpo. They're a small but very active and dedicated community for two of the best games ever with the best netcode around (although the servers themselves are unstable). SF4 has seen a small resurgence after evo and has always had an active playerbase, while it remains to be seen how large the MK9 pc community will end up being.

Just to be clear, KoF98 has three separate GGPO rooms because it's that popular. (A lot of the players are from Brazil and China, yes, but that's besides the point.)

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000
Quick question: Is online play possible between Arcade Edition and the original, unexpanded version of Street Fighter IV from way back when (at least on the PC)? A friend of mine still has a copy of the basic SFIV from way back when, and I wonder whether I'd be able to play him with AE or if he'd need to upgrade first.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

PrBacterio posted:

Quick question: Is online play possible between Arcade Edition and the original, unexpanded version of Street Fighter IV from way back when (at least on the PC)? A friend of mine still has a copy of the basic SFIV from way back when, and I wonder whether I'd be able to play him with AE or if he'd need to upgrade first.

No.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
My wife is complaining that the d-pad on the PS3 controller is too rough on her thumb so I think I'm going to order a stick for her (and also I wanna play with it, I haven't used before on except on an arcade cabinet). The SRK thread seems to recommend either the Hori Fightstick V3 (http://stores.horiusa.com/-strse-124/Playstation-3-Fighting-Stick/Detail.bok) or Mad Catz Street Fighter SE (closest thing I can find to this on amazon is like $180, but SRK thread says $59.99). I'm not sure if the recommended Mad Catz one is long out of production or what, I kind of like the look of the Hori one. Anything I should know before pulling the trigger?

e: bizarre typo.

Seashell Salesman fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jul 22, 2013

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Ixiggle posted:

Yeah, ST on GGPO is amazing. I was playing a bunch last year and even though I was terrible, and playing Vega, random dudes would still run long sets with me and I felt like I was improving a lot. There are always people to play with and ST is amazing.

mes
Apr 28, 2006

Seashell Salesman posted:

My wife is complaining that the d-pad on the PS3 controller is too rough on her thumb so I think I'm going to order a stick for her (and also I wanna play with it, I haven't used before on except on an arcade cabinet). The SRK thread seems to recommend either the Hori Fightstick V3 (http://stores.horiusa.com/-strse-124/Playstation-3-Fighting-Stick/Detail.bok) or Mad Catz Street Fighter SE (closest thing I can find to this on amazon is like $180, but SRK thread says $59.99). I'm not sure if the recommended Mad Catz one is long out of production or what, I kind of like the look of the Hori one. Anything I should know before pulling the trigger?

You can't find that Madcatz stick anymore because that's one of the sticks that originally launched with SF4 when it came to consoles and you're probably reading an old post on SRK. You can get a Madcatz SFxT stick with Sanwa parts on Amazon for $100:

http://www.amazon.com/Mad-Catz-Street-Fighter-Tekken-FightStick/dp/B0072A4KYI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1374452391&sr=8-1&keywords=fightstick

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!

I was going to tell you to just get a Brawl Stick (the newest version of the Mad Catz SE) because they can usually be had for $20-$30 but the cheapest I can find it right now is on Amazon for $45.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

Mest0r posted:

You can't find that Madcatz stick anymore because that's one of the sticks that originally launched with SF4 when it came to consoles and you're probably reading an old post on SRK. You can get a Madcatz SFxT stick with Sanwa parts on Amazon for $100:

http://www.amazon.com/Mad-Catz-Street-Fighter-Tekken-FightStick/dp/B0072A4KYI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1374452391&sr=8-1&keywords=fightstick

ShortThug posted:

I was going to tell you to just get a Brawl Stick (the newest version of the Mad Catz SE) because they can usually be had for $20-$30 but the cheapest I can find it right now is on Amazon for $45.

The SRK stick buying guide also mentions that brawl stick, I think. If the V3 is $60 and the brawl stick is $45 should I just buy whichever one I like the look of better? I'm not completely closed off to spending $100 but I wouldn't without a good reason.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I have a spare used-once PS3 Brawl stick that I've been looking to let go of for like $25+shipping.

Note that the Brawl stick uses knockoff Sanwa parts; the joystick in particular is a lot stiffer than a real Sanwa stick and you may want to replace the stock one with real parts down the life.

Career
Mar 27, 2010

The SRK stick buying guide also mentions that brawl stick, I think. If the V3 is $60 and the brawl stick is $45 should I just buy whichever one I like the look of better? I'm not completely closed off to spending $100 but I wouldn't without a good reason.

In my experience the unmodified Brawl stick is straight-up defective. The unit I owned had a very sticky down-diagonal, even worse than the old Madcatz SE. It's drop-in moddable, although after you mod it you've only saved ~$20 vs buying a TE (and in a smaller form factor, though that may be a plus).

The V3 is decent out of the box. But I think swapping sticks requires soldering.

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM
Any love for the new Killer Instinct to be had in this thread?

I've been waiting for a 3rd for the past 10 years, and am really stoked :dance:

Based on some of the informational videos I've seen about the game, it looks like they're taking it about as seriously as NR did with MK9 - and that sounds great to me.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

oswald ownenstein posted:

Based on some of the informational videos I've seen about the game, it looks like they're taking it about as seriously as NR did with MK9 - and that sounds great to me.

Mike Z, an advisor on the new KI andKI pro, had nothing nice to say about it during one of the Skullgirls streams, except for yesterdays "not as bad as it was"

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Career posted:

In my experience the unmodified Brawl stick is straight-up defective. The unit I owned had a very sticky down-diagonal, even worse than the old Madcatz SE. It's drop-in moddable, although after you mod it you've only saved ~$20 vs buying a TE (and in a smaller form factor, though that may be a plus).

The V3 is decent out of the box. But I think swapping sticks requires soldering.

Has this been the experience of others ITT? Aside from the Amazon comments which I take with a grain of salt, the only other information I saw on the brawl stick, in that stick picking guide that's in the OP, claims that the brawl stick has better parts than the SFIV Mad Catz SE.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

My WWE stick has lovely diagonals, as does my friends. They work, you just gotta really slam em in there.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

No, because that game looks like a pile of hot garbage!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

I wish KI was going to be good. I used to fuckin love doing my standard combo for Chief Thunder (33 hits!) and turning around halfway through it with my arms crossed, not giving a gently caress.

print scream key
Sep 20, 2012

absolutely anything posted:

No, because that game looks like a pile of hot garbage!

"Hitstun deterioration? gently caress that, just get Steve in here and record him saying c-c-c-combo breaker."

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Gutcruncher posted:

Mike Z, an advisor on the new KI andKI pro, had nothing nice to say about it during one of the Skullgirls streams, except for yesterdays "not as bad as it was"

Killer Instinct N-N-N-N-NOT AS BAD AS IT USED TO BE!!!!!

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

It looks loving terrible.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
maximillian likes it so it must be the worst thing. I have trouble seeing how glacius can ever be balanced when he can full screen combo off unblockables

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
The game likes a huge pile of poo poo. Honestly it looked mediocre at E3 (probably because they just played a round and the trailer was short). But that Evo demo was abysmal. Seriously it looks like it is a slog to play that game, no fun to be had there.

• Locked thread