Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
I remember what you're talking about but not the details. It was part of a duffle bag he was going through right before or after he got to the hotel or something like that.

@QuestWhat I'm including to agree with your reasoning. Have we really not started with the screenshot analysis of the guy in the window yet? We've become a shameful group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I found this in the S1 Q&A series, can't track down the actual post about the medicine, though.

ce gars posted:

Q: Was ce gars' post about piracetam in-game or just a coincidence?

Me: Coincidence, but it didn't seem to hurt.

KTBush
Sep 22, 2012
Here's a pretty good list of Slender Man series, it even tells you which ones are active or not (Although I don't when it was last updated):

http://slenderversemedia.tumblr.com/Listofmajorsections

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

phenom64 posted:

Here's a pretty good list of Slender Man series, it even tells you which ones are active or not (Although I don't when it was last updated):

http://slenderversemedia.tumblr.com/Listofmajorsections

... :stare: Yeah I had no idea there were literally hundreds of these on YouTube alone now.

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

Docjowles posted:

... :stare: Yeah I had no idea there were literally hundreds of these on YouTube alone now.

It is a meme after all, about as much would be expected.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

:stare:

And yet there's only 1 that's consistently worth watching.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MarbleCutboys

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

fullroundaction posted:

And yet there's only 1 that's consistently worth watching.

http://www.youtube.com/user/takoui?feature=watch

fixed

Also the guys are guests at another nerd conference this weekend, hopefully someone posts their Q&A panels to YouTube for further :spergin:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJdmDG6ALyc

This is probably the best video on youtube. :colbert: Beerboyz is great though.

KTBush
Sep 22, 2012
For those of you who follow Whispered Faith and Keratin Garden

http://youtu.be/m3-hY89GNCA

http://youtu.be/oiVbcE6Yg7U

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

Bobnumerotres posted:

This is probably the best video on youtube.

It's a pretty good summary of what it feels like to watch Marble Hornets enter its 5th year of production, yeah.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
MH shows up briefly in the recent Vsauce video, "Why are things creepy?". It's a pretty interesting watch, and not just because of that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEikGKDVsCc

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

I hate smile.jpg. :o:

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

But it's so cute! :3:

KTBush
Sep 22, 2012
Adam Rosner, creator of Tribe Twelve, just posted this on Vine:

https://vine.co/v/hZ2HZYtdPlr

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
I'm going to assume that is canon and both series have concluded.

Now I want to shoot an entire Slender series in 1 Vine entry ...

Asciana
Jun 16, 2008

fullroundaction posted:

I'm going to assume that is canon and both series have concluded.

Now I want to shoot an entire Slender series in 1 Vine entry ...

Its not that difficult to make a 6 second looping walk through the forest.

captain platypus
Aug 30, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I have that razor! And this is the first time since the transportation museum, I think, they've filmed in an extremely recognizable location (Lurleen Wallace Bridge, with the newspaper and amphitheater off to the right. I ran out of gas there once.)

CLARPUS
Apr 3, 2008
Seeing that.
Seeing as.

I'd lost track of MH for quite a while and just watched 71-73 consecutively and now I am loving back into this poo poo. I really enjoyed Tim and Jay's foray into the empty house and I have to agree with the goon who first explained why it was Alex's house that skimask/TTA broke into when he/she hijacked J's youtube account to post his/her Day in the Life vid. J and Tim have to find and join forces with TTA because he/she knows where Alex is living and even has the balls/extra testosterone to steal his pills!

KTBush
Sep 22, 2012
So this was posted today, a girl realized she might of been in one of Victor Surge's original Slender Man photos:

http://secret-heritage.tumblr.com/post/56322932170/my-name-is-krystina-estes-id-like-to-start-by

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005
I don't see it, looks like a different person to me.

Also, I thought the source photos were from a different time period.. like the 70's or 80's or something.

KTBush
Sep 22, 2012

Will Styles posted:

I don't see it, looks like a different person to me.

Also, I thought the source photos were from a different time period.. like the 70's or 80's or something.

Well, the girl claims to have her picture taken 9-12 years ago. Surge might have edited to look older.

Maybe Surge will come out from hiding and confirm it for us.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I doubt he has any idea who is in what I assume are random photos he got from Google image search.

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe

phenom64 posted:

Maybe Surge will come out from hiding

He's not in some bunker in the mountains, he just don't post here anymore.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

InShaneee posted:

If he's not posting, how do you know he's not in a bunker in the mountains?

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe

Angela Christine posted:

He's posted things elsewhere :ms:

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

If Thomson hadn't disabled the louts' aeroplanes with well tossed wrenches, I dare say those uncouth vandals would have made off with your victuals and garments.
Source photo was from part of a photo exhibition on summer camp March/April 1980, so unless she's in her forties it's not her.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Nevermind that the person's nose is completely different.

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!
That looks nothing like her

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Angela Christine posted:

What if he's posting from a bunker in the mountains? :tinfoil:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

phenom64 posted:

So this was posted today, a girl realized she might of been in one of Victor Surge's original Slender Man photos:

http://secret-heritage.tumblr.com/post/56322932170/my-name-is-krystina-estes-id-like-to-start-by

I feel like I'm just stating the insanely obvious here but this is almost certainly the start of some new SlenderThing.

KTBush
Sep 22, 2012

precision posted:

I feel like I'm just stating the insanely obvious here but this is almost certainly the start of some new SlenderThing.

I did post Surge's post on tumblr. She saw it and agreed with me that it wasn't her.

Lieutenant_Hawkeye
Jul 22, 2013

Captain_Indigo posted:

The DVDs are also a great excuse to get other people in on it in time for series 3. Viewing parties for Marble Hornets are great with the right people and the lights off. People start off all "yeah so WHEN does this get scary exactly?" and "So does anything ever happen?" and after a few videos people get hooked.

Except for the legions of people who don't, and will no doubt soon flood to the thread to inform us how we're scaredy babies for enjoying this and its poo poo and its poo poo for lovely babies.

How does it feel to be babies, BABIES!

Lieutenant_Hawkeye
Jul 22, 2013
It's been ages since I last watched it, I want to re-watch it but I'm scared of the paranoia nightmares that I know come with watching it

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

InShaneee posted:

Dang, owned by Victor Surge himself. :supaburn:

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

phenom64 posted:

I did post Surge's post on tumblr. She saw it and agreed with me that it wasn't her.

Oddly enough, what she said was that she never thought it was her and that it only looked like her, and she didn't mean to imply she thought it was her. Even though she said she thought it was at such-and-such camp site and she maybe remembers walking in front of someone with a camera. Also her otherkin is a dog so maybe not the most mentally sound person.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Well on the plus side, Dog is the tamest otherkin I've ever heard come out of tumblr. Most of them are dragons or unicorns or dragons crossed with unicorns etc.

...Man, the things we discuss when theres too much time between updates.

kilogram
Mar 29, 2012

Cyborg Senator

Necros posted:

...Man, the things we discuss when theres too much time between updates.

That's the best part of these threads :allears:

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
My name is fullroundaction. I’d like to start by saying that I’ve been aware of these videos for a few years. They're actually what got my interested in the Slenderman mythos. As you can see, this particular screenshot bears a striking resemblance to myself. It was never enough to make me think twice. However, recently I went through some old photos of myself that were on my phone and a few of them sparked a memory.

I’ve included some current selfies of myself for comparison. I’m 30 years old right now, and the screenshot appears to have been taken from a video that was made when I was real young. Like 28.

captain platypus
Aug 30, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER
"twenty new posts in the MH thread? must be a new entry"

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
I just want to thank you guys for introducing me to Keratin Garden and The Tulpa Effect. These are both some really great series that have some excellent acting from the girls running them. Tulpa Effect also has an absolutely amazing 14 minute un-cut video which pulls off a camera trick (without the camera actually being turned off) that really impressed me.

• Locked thread