Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Krabkolash posted:

I totally understand if you cannot say due to whatever reason, but is there any chance if you can hint at 13th Age being one of the supported games for the Dragon Kings (http://www.dragonkingsproject.com/)?

I'd love a nonhomebrewed Dark Sun type thing for 13th Age.

I'm not above begging him to include 13th Age support. As a matter of fact I've already done it on G+. Anybody else up for some groveling?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waderockett
Apr 22, 2012

-Fish- posted:

I'm not above begging him to include 13th Age support. As a matter of fact I've already done it on G+. Anybody else up for some groveling?

I'm following up. No groveling needed at this point, I think. But I'll let you know if we could use Stunning Outpouring of Fan Support.

Thanks for pointing this project out!

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Speaking of being compatible with 13th Age, does anybody know if Last Stand ever released their supplement for 13th Age?

Gasperkun
Oct 11, 2012
Mikan can speak for himself, but as an outsider I haven't heard anything about that. Seems like other stuff for the Last Stand system itself is taking precedence.

Gasperkun fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jul 24, 2013

Mikan
Sep 5, 2007

by Radium

-Fish- posted:

Speaking of being compatible with 13th Age, does anybody know if Last Stand ever released their supplement for 13th Age?

It's not out yet, no. I didn't want to start going into serious design until the final 13th Age rules were out and everything's settled for the Archmage Engine license. Now that the book's released, LS itself is shipping again and Ragnarok is almost out the 13th Age conversions are high on the priority list.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Mikan posted:

It's not out yet, no. I didn't want to start going into serious design until the final 13th Age rules were out and everything's settled for the Archmage Engine license. Now that the book's released, LS itself is shipping again and Ragnarok is almost out the 13th Age conversions are high on the priority list.

Sweet! Last Stand and 13th Age together are the Reese's of rpgs.

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.

Kenderama posted:

Did it come via postal service, or UPS/Fedex?

drat you work for making me stay here instead of going home and waiting!!!

Mine arrived yesterday (in the UK) and it looks like it was sent via Leisure Games, which was unexpected.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Mikan posted:

All I'm gonna say is Crab armor better be on the cover this time.

Bellicose Buddha
Mar 16, 2009

The tongue like,
A sharp knife,
Kills,
Without drawing blood.
You sure you want to draw yours?
Who ever got their books already, did you get a notice from them that they had been shipped or did a package just appear on your door step? Kinda excited about finally getting this thing hehe.

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.

Bellicose Buddha posted:

Who ever got their books already, did you get a notice from them that they had been shipped or did a package just appear on your door step? Kinda excited about finally getting this thing hehe.

No shipping notice, it just turned up. It's a beautiful book though, really well laid out and presented and super simple to read through despite the book's size.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Simon said on Google+ that US and Canadian orders will be going out next week, and the rest of the world are already out.

RyvenCedrylle
Dec 12, 2010

Owner of Mystic Theurge Publications
I'm considering starting up a goon 13th Age Organized Play league, probably as a Google+ Community. I'm not sure I'll be able to commit to going to my FLGS to run stuff for very long plus my wife and I plan on moving next year, so I'd rather plant flag somewhere digital. I'll post in the recruitment megathread as well, but wanted to see who - if anyone - would be interested in joining up before I do so. First week of OP starts at the beginning of August. Games are approximately two hours each.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

RyvenCedrylle posted:

I'm considering starting up a goon 13th Age Organized Play league, probably as a Google+ Community. I'm not sure I'll be able to commit to going to my FLGS to run stuff for very long plus my wife and I plan on moving next year, so I'd rather plant flag somewhere digital. I'll post in the recruitment megathread as well, but wanted to see who - if anyone - would be interested in joining up before I do so. First week of OP starts at the beginning of August. Games are approximately two hours each.

Yeah, I'd be down for it. I have had little success trying to get a group together locally, and I definitely want to participate, so this seems like the best option.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I hope the book's already arrived when I come back go home on Friday.

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend

RyvenCedrylle posted:

I'd potentially be interested!

Kenderama
Mar 12, 2003

Herding Nerds from
2007-2012

RyvenCedrylle posted:

I'd be interested with the caveat of you would need to know that I'm also running the same at my local FLGS, but I can segregate character from player knowledge.

That being said - would depend on time of day. :)

PyroDwarf
Aug 24, 2010

RyvenCedrylle posted:

I would be down for this, assuming my schedule allows for it. I start a month of leave on Aug. 12 so that should free up a bunch of time.

waderockett
Apr 22, 2012

So, Winson_Paine was all like:

Winson_Paine posted:

Get Tweet to come here, so I can talk at him about Over the Edge.

And I was all like, "Done."

Next week, Rob Heinsoo and Jonathan Tweet will talk RPGs with you guys on a dedicated SA Trad Games thread.

edit: Thread is live!

waderockett fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jul 25, 2013

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

RyvenCedrylle posted:

I'm in a similar boat, in that I'm trying to organize a thing in-store but it may not work out. If not, I'd be down to be a second GM in the Goon League.

Doctor Epitaph
Dec 22, 2008

CaptCommy posted:

I'm in a similar boat, in that I'm trying to organize a thing in-store but it may not work out. If not, I'd be down to be a second GM in the Goon League.

My situation exactly, but glancing through the module, I get the feeling that every table of this will be very, very different. Regardless, I'm up for Tales of the Goon Age.

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!

waderockett posted:

Next week, Rob Heinsoo and Jonathan Tweet will talk RPGs with you guys on a dedicated SA Trad Games thread.

Sweet! Now we can interrogate them about the Chaos Shaman directly. :rolldice: Looking forward to it!

Dec 26, 2012

waderockett posted:

Holy poo poo, nice!

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

waderockett posted:

Hot diggity dog.

I'll have to ask my Over the Edge GM (yes I had a real one) if he has anything to ask.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Anyone know who I contact to make sure my book gets shipped to the right address? I moved since ordering and I'm pretty sure I updated my address, but all the same...

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I got an email on the 16th of July with the following:

quote:

Before the end of the month, we will to ship out your 13th Age pre-order number [Order#]

IMPORTANT: Please do not reply to this email unless your shipping address is wrong, or you would like to collect your 13th Age preorder at GenCon. If you have any questions please mail support@dyingearth.com instead.

If the address is wrong, or you want to collect your 13th Age pre-order at GenCon, please follow the instructions at the end of this email.

This is the address we have for you:

Mustache Ride
[Address]

If this address is not correct, please reply to this email, leaving the subject as it is and put in the correct name and address at the top of the email.

If you want to collect your 13th Age order at GenCon, please reply to this email, leaving the subject as it is and type "Collect at GenCon" at the top of the email.

Simon Rogers
Pelgrane Press Ltd

The subject line of the email was: 13th Age Preorder Address Check Order #[Ordernumber]
and the email address it was from was: simon@news.pelgranepress.com

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Awesome. Searched my inbox for a few key terms from that email. Turns out I got that email and didn't remember because I apparently replied to it in my sleep.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
I know a few people reading this thread follow the game I record with my group. We've launched a new solo thread for it instead of being side content for another game, and that new thread is here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3561713

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.
Yep, so, store doesn't have room in their schedule for me with the short notice, so I'll be doing a Goon Age game to run through the Organized Play adventure. Looking for 4-5 players, will be using Roll20 for a weekly session running 6 weeks or so. Time will have to be PST friendly, due to my work schedule, but otherwise pretty flexible.

Definitely not trying to steal RyvenCedrylle's thunder though, so if you're already working something out with him, stick with that. Going to go make a similar post in the recruitment thread now.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I would definitely be interested in getting in on some Goon Age, unfortunately I'm in Australia, so the time zones rarely work out.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Anyone do any experiments with temporary backgrounds? When one of my PCs was trying to forge a sword as part of an art project and didn't have a good background for it, I let him do some prep beforehand and get a "Proper Tools +3" background for the task. I'm thinking I might try things like that more often, especially for Icon rolls that I don't have a good idea for. Like if someone rolls decently with the Priestess but there's no good way to fit it in otherwise, I was thinking I might hand out "Divinely Favored +4" as a one-shot background they can use as they will.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
That's a really neat idea, my upcoming heist sessions will probably benefit from something like that. Last weekend one of our characters got a new background at +/-2. He gets to add 2 to any roll the background fits, but has to subtract 2 anytime it's a hindrance.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

PublicOpinion posted:

Anyone do any experiments with temporary backgrounds? When one of my PCs was trying to forge a sword as part of an art project and didn't have a good background for it, I let him do some prep beforehand and get a "Proper Tools +3" background for the task. I'm thinking I might try things like that more often, especially for Icon rolls that I don't have a good idea for. Like if someone rolls decently with the Priestess but there's no good way to fit it in otherwise, I was thinking I might hand out "Divinely Favored +4" as a one-shot background they can use as they will.

I generally find that the more you treat Backgrounds as Fate aspects, the better they work; this is just getting a temporary aspect/boost using the new Fate core rules, and it works well.

waderockett
Apr 22, 2012

Rob Heinsoo and Jonathan Tweet are answering questions in their thread, with Rob taking the first go.

Mikan finally got a straight answer on the Chaos Shaman. It's the end of an era, and the beginning of a glorious new one.

Brinty
Aug 4, 2012

Flavivirus posted:

Mine arrived yesterday (in the UK) and it looks like it was sent via Leisure Games, which was unexpected.

Mine arrived like 5 days ago via leisure games too. It was a bits weird because I got no notification or anything and wasn't really expecing it yet.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

I missed the 13 true ways kickstarter. When will I be able to get my hands on this product? Will it have a pdf on preorder like the main book?

Bellicose Buddha
Mar 16, 2009

The tongue like,
A sharp knife,
Kills,
Without drawing blood.
You sure you want to draw yours?
According to the website, the preorders are on their way! So excited! It will be awesome to get the thirteen true ways too! Being a necromancer sounds metal!

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

You guys, we have an Eldritch Knight class now! New 13th Age class! http://www.pelgranepress.com/?p=11922

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

It looks really fun. I'm getting sort of an 80s cartoon warrior vibe from it. Thundarr's fabulous Sun Sword would be an excellent Bound Weapon. Or that sweet sword that He-Man uses.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

That Eldritch Knight looks like a ton of fun to play, I'm almost getting a warcaster from Warmachine/Iron Kingdoms feel from it. I'll need to bookmark that one or save it as a .pdf or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Evil Sagan posted:

It looks really fun. I'm getting sort of an 80s cartoon warrior vibe from it. Thundarr's fabulous Sun Sword would be an excellent Bound Weapon. Or that sweet sword that He-Man uses.

That's a strange way to say "For Sommerlund and the Kai!"

• Locked thread