Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
My new theory is that they're trying to make us forget about MH before they finish the series. :tinfoil:

This thread, and the ones that came before it... They happened. Right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
New EverymanHYBRID up, if anyone still cares about that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RethrGcU6w

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
I still care :colbert:

Who is "we" at this point?

Also, this is obviously the antebellum. Can't wait to see what follows :f5:?

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

Summoning HABIT is a terrific idea and nothing about that could possibly go wrong!

KTBush
Sep 22, 2012
New EMH:

http://youtu.be/jY6yH6Odmh4

Looks like Vinny got what he wish for. From what it looks like, Vinny was somehow the cameraman that filmed Jeff's torture and death.

Forte
Oct 22, 2009

Where is your Belmont clan now?!
That's the best EMH I've seen since very early in the series. I may have to go back and catch up. I only know about most of the story through reading the wiki about it.

I mean, the story on paper for the series is actually really good, it's just been the execution of everything that's been mediocre to bad. All the Habit poo poo was bad enough that I tuned out and only caught one or two videos since then.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I didn't really understand what was going on at first, but despite that i thought it was a pretty good episode, it gives me hope that they actually intend to finish the series.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
I like that HABIT thinks Slendy is just a big ol' stick in the mud :3:

Great entry. I just wish I knew what this was all building up to.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

HABIT is the most interesting character in EMH by far. Slenderman's long past the point of being creepy, the Rake is just some kind of flesh-tearing dogmonster thing lifted from creepypasta, but HABIT is this mysterious incorporeal force implied to be the puppetmaster behind quite a few of history's most proficient killers as well as all the poo poo happening to the EMH boys. Plus he's charismatic with a sick sense of humor, courtesy of Evan.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

Forte posted:

the story on paper for the series is actually really good

If you cut all of the filler it really could be molded into a full length feature, or at least a V/H/S segment.

* Friends create a fake Slenderman series poking fun of the popular internet-created monster
* They start being stalked by not only him but other Famous Monsters, all the while being tormented/manipulated by a sadistic puppetmaster named HABIT
* The rest of the world (the audience) is unaware that everything they're seing is REAL, and volunteer to play along in one of HABIT's games
* poo poo gets real "in the real world" and now everything is hosed in both universes
* Big climax / the only people left alive have to figure out how to survive and end HABIT's game

It's kind of like Cabin in the Woods on a bigger scale, except with characters you actually like and can get behind.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Definitely enjoyed that entry, and being proved wrong that the series is entirely dead. They do seem to be making an effort to wrap it up.

fullroundaction posted:

Famous Monsters

I see what you did there. Also, I appreciated the use of Monster Magnet as a soundtrack to the HABIT summoning. Nice little wordplay, Jeff or whoever :golfclap:

Forte
Oct 22, 2009

Where is your Belmont clan now?!
I guess I should clarify and say that HABIT's character isn't what's (or what was) bad, it's the ARG stuff they pulled with him that made me tune out.

fullroundaction posted:

* Friends create a fake Slenderman series poking fun of the popular internet-created monster
* They start being stalked by not only him but other Famous Monsters, all the while being tormented/manipulated by a sadistic puppetmaster named HABIT
* The rest of the world (the audience) is unaware that everything they're seing is REAL, and volunteer to play along in one of HABIT's games
* poo poo gets real "in the real world" and now everything is hosed in both universes
* Big climax / the only people left alive have to figure out how to survive and end HABIT's game

Not to mention all the crazy Corenthal children stuff, which is so well planned out in it's own right.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I am not really a big fan of HABIT, it may be because i stopped following the series after the ARG fizzled out, but even though Evan did a good job, it just comes off as a way to wrap up the series cheap and easy.
The series was at its best when they were just dealing with Slenderman, adding two new monsters just turned into a bit of a mess.

kilogram
Mar 29, 2012

Cyborg Senator

fullroundaction posted:

It's kind of like Cabin in the Woods on a bigger scale, except with characters you actually like and can get behind.

And hopefully with an ending that doesn't suck.

I'd definitely watch a condensed version of EMH, I think I stopped following it back when they posted a 10 minute walk through the woods or something (which is weird because I've allowed MH to get away with this more times than I can count and I'm still a loyal follower of that).
I still get updates from their YouTube channel but every time it's like watching a foreign movie from another planet without subtitles.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I had no idea EMH was back up and running at a decent pace. Unfortunately I started with the last ones so got spoiled pretty fast.

Did they seriously have one main character murder two other main characters, and his own child (I left right after they met her the first time)? That's quite a turn for a series that hadn't been doing much lately. drat.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

Blazing Ownager posted:

Did they seriously have one main character murder two other main characters, and his own child (I left right after they met her the first time)? That's quite a turn for a series that hadn't been doing much lately. drat.

Yeah, if nothing else, EMH has gone further than anyone else in showing real, painful consequences for the characters. Jeff and his bro died horribly, HABIT made Evan kill his girlfriend and eat their baby, Corenthal is stuck in some weird hell-type place constantly dodging monsters, and Vinnie... I guess we're about to find out. :v:

It's what Marble Hornets needs more of (besides plot, obviously). A feeling of real mortal danger for the protagonists. Alex rocking out on that random guy who came across him was fine and all, but Jay and Tim never seem to be in serious danger. Even when they run into the Operator he's just standing there menacingly and making them cough a lot.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

kilogram posted:

And hopefully with an ending that doesn't suck.

The ending was amazing :colbert:

I think all HABIT really wants is to dress people up in Hawaiian shirts and goofy hats. Everyone who refuses gets gutted.

Doug
Feb 27, 2006

This station is
non-operational.
There was this thing that showed up in my Facebook feed today:
http://slendermantruth.com/

I think I'm probably too chickenshit to actually do it. If you're in the area though perhaps you can go and provide a trip report!

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

Doug posted:

There was this thing that showed up in my Facebook feed today:
http://slendermantruth.com/

I think I'm probably too chickenshit to actually do it. If you're in the area though perhaps you can go and provide a trip report!

This sounds pretty weak, even for haunted house fare. Some nerd in a suit stalks you through some lovely woods while you look for pieces of paper? Works okay in a video game, waste of money in real life.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Feranon posted:

This sounds pretty weak, even for haunted house fare. Some nerd in a suit stalks you through some lovely woods while you look for pieces of paper? Works okay in a video game, waste of money in real life.

Well, considering in their rules they have so very many things saying 'poo poo MAY FREAK YOU THE gently caress OUT' and saying its actually physically demanding, it might be a bit more than that. No telling.

I do find it funny that at the top of the page it says 'Something Awful is stalking you'. Maybe the forum is truly the greatest Tulpa created. :D

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Haha, I noticed that too. I wonder if it's run by a goon :ninja:

captain platypus
Aug 30, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER

phenom64 posted:

New EMH:

http://youtu.be/jY6yH6Odmh4

Looks like Vinny got what he wish for. From what it looks like, Vinny was somehow the cameraman that filmed Jeff's torture and death.
How the gently caress did that work? (Not watching EMH, sorry. Nope nope nope.)

e: apparently some people think it was time travel

captain platypus fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Jul 29, 2013

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

A bunch of young people who never spend time in the woods running around in the dark while scared? Someone is going to break an ankle.

Someone is going to punch slender man.

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe

Blazing Ownager posted:

I had no idea EMH was back up and running at a decent pace. Unfortunately I started with the last ones so got spoiled pretty fast.

I've got to wonder how much of this was planned and how much is them trying to slim the cast down for logistical reasons.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

InShaneee posted:

I've got to wonder how much of this was planned and how much is them trying to slim the cast down for logistical reasons.

After over 3 years they probably just wanna wrap things up. A good way of doing that, at least in a horror series, is to kill everyone :v:

CLARPUS
Apr 3, 2008
Seeing that.
Seeing as.

"Something awful is lurking out there, watching, and waiting for you."

I laughed.

Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013
Yeah, a loving Slender larp sounds lame as hell. Although, it could prove to be hilarious.

Also, mark another subscriber for Keratin Garden. It's way better than it has any right to be, and right now it and Whispered Faith are probably my favorite series.

DrPastah
Mar 12, 2012

A HUMAN SHITSTAIN

I literally believe that vaccines cause autism, and that fluoride is a government conspiracy to placate the masses.

I am too stupid to know how to validate my own ideas and just assume them to be valid without any proof.
They should've ended the marble hornets series after the slenderman coming after the main character and his girlfriend after the main character burned his own house down

DrPastah fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jul 30, 2013

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

DrPastah posted:

They should've ended the marble hornets series after the slenderman coming after the main character and his girlfriend after the main character burned his own house down

That honestly probably will end up being the de facto "they should have quit while they were head" point because most of seasons 2 and 3 have ranged from awkward to convoluted poo poo that none of us would tolerate in an actual horror movie.

Feranon posted:

Yeah, if nothing else, EMH has gone further than anyone else in showing real, painful consequences for the characters. Jeff and his bro died horribly, HABIT made Evan kill his girlfriend and eat their baby, Corenthal is stuck in some weird hell-type place constantly dodging monsters

:stare:

Clearly I need to catch back up on that one.

Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013
So, when exactly does Dark Harvest get good? A few people recommended it, and I figured it would be worth it to watch it in case Tribe Twelve continues with that crossover, but I tried watching a bit of it, and... well, it just kind of sucks. All of the main characters seem like unlikeable losers, and I just can't get interested. I watched up to around The Atlantic Test Site, I think. Does it get better much soon after that, or should I just give up?

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Loki_XLII posted:

So, when exactly does Dark Harvest get good? A few people recommended it, and I figured it would be worth it to watch it in case Tribe Twelve continues with that crossover, but I tried watching a bit of it, and... well, it just kind of sucks. All of the main characters seem like unlikeable losers, and I just can't get interested. I watched up to around The Atlantic Test Site, I think. Does it get better much soon after that, or should I just give up?
Most people point to "my final betrayal" as when it gets good, but I got to that video and... meh.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

If you don't like it by now you're probably not gonna. For me I got into it after the first few lame rear end videos where it's just the kid playing video games and hearing banging noises.

captain platypus
Aug 30, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER

precision posted:

That honestly probably will end up being the de facto "they should have quit while they were head" point because most of seasons 2 and 3 have ranged from awkward to convoluted poo poo that none of us would tolerate in an actual horror movie.
idk, S2 introduced the hooded person and that character is my favorite part of the series

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

captain platypus posted:

idk, S2 introduced the hooded person and that character is my favorite part of the series

Don't get me wrong, I loved most of season 2, but so far season 3 has been just... I don't know, the magic seems gone. I hope it picks up at the end, but so far it's just been a drag compared to s1 and s2.

I mean, just the hotel parts of s2 alone were miles better than all the wandering through a burned building and staring at walls or arguing about what to do next.

captain platypus
Aug 30, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER

precision posted:

Don't get me wrong, I loved most of season 2, but so far season 3 has been just... I don't know, the magic seems gone. I hope it picks up at the end, but so far it's just been a drag compared to s1 and s2.

I mean, just the hotel parts of s2 alone were miles better than all the wandering through a burned building and staring at walls or arguing about what to do next.

You're right. They went "back to form" with S3 which is effective when it's The Operator approaching you at night in the woods on an Alex tape, which imo were the scariest parts of this series. But this latest stuff has kind of dragged. (#72, where The Operator fucks 'em both was good.)

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

:siren:Entry #74:siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDeOkTbQ1U8

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
This time we might be able to probably prepare to confront Alex. Now let me just post this video on the internet so he knows we're coming :downs:

axelblaze fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Aug 2, 2013

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
^^^Right on.

I dug this entry. Good acting from Troy. I like the setup for a confrontation. I frickin' knew those were Alex's shoes comin' out the attic.

Slush Garbo fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Aug 2, 2013

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

This entry raises more questions than answers. Like why is Tim trying to grow a lumberjack beard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
If your goal is to gain the element of surprise on someone while hiding in their house, I can't think of a less graceful way to do it than climbing down a ladder from the attic.

Knowing these two Alex would be just as effective knocking on the front door.

I can't wait to see what their gameplan is :allears:. If only Vinny from EMH crossed over to this series then none of these bitches would be a problem.

• Locked thread