Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
usbombshell
Oct 29, 2004

Boom!

That...look :cry:

I need a shower, but at the same time, I do not want to go anywhere near my bathtub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
He doesn't have a gin blossom.. It's just more acne on his huge nose.

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

ricketyvickyt posted:

They all came from the Facebook page for a studio owned by an acquaintances friend. My dislike of his work isn't helped by the fact that he is really arrogant and thinks he's the next Gogue!

Please tell me Resident Needle is a play on Resident Evil, because I can only read that in the trademark gruffrasp tone in my head.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Constipated posted:

He will one day though, when the years of loneliness due to being a grown man who wants to gently caress a cartoon horses rapidly catch up with him

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Constipated posted:

I had bad acne on my nose why I was young but it never drove me to brony-dom

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Improbable Lobster posted:

I had bad acne on my nose why I was young but it never drove me to brony-dom

Correlation ≠ Causation

Here, have some pi:

There aren't very many bad math tattoos.

This one is called "Feared of Math". Those look like dates,not math, and the poster didn't include any other information. I'm just gonna take it as "Numbers make angels cry".

Ooo. Fanily is forever!

Found under "infinity tattoo". That's supposed to be an infinity symbol.

Another one:

Is this a reference that I just don't get? The "fanily" thing. There are a lot of similar tattoos, all with the same misshaped "m".

cyberia posted:

In fact, here's an entire page of lovely pinterest infinity tattoos that will undoubtedly be copied and recopied until the next dumb fad tattoo gains traction.

I don't think stupid infinity tattoos are going anywhere. I was wondering if the "n" in "fanily" was a reference to something in pop-culture that I don't know about.

Bored has a new favorite as of 02:49 on Aug 24, 2013

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Bored posted:

Is this a reference that I just don't get? The "fanily" thing. There are a lot of similar tattoos, all with the same misshaped "m".

code:
Your search for 'pinterest infinity family' returned about 5,510,000 results (0.33 seconds)
:ms:

In fact, here's an entire page of lovely pinterest infinity tattoos that will undoubtedly be copied and recopied until the next dumb fad tattoo gains traction.

Now for an unrelated tasteless tattoo that was posted by a local tattoo studio the other day. They have a bunch of artists who all do amazing work but I guess sometimes you just need to do what the customer wants you to do.

:nws:http://i.imgur.com/uGnHjNJ.png:nws:

Multiplesarcasm
Mar 3, 2006

a corduroy explosion.
Well I'll be goddamned, it's well done at least.

I don't know if that would increase or decrease his odds among ladies that would consider sleeping with him in the first place.

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

They probably just all cribbed it from the same place.

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!

Say Nothing posted:

Fail of the North Star.

This looks infected already, that or it wasn't cleaned up at all before the picture was taken.

(and it is really awful)

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

crazkylo posted:

This looks infected already, that or it wasn't cleaned up at all before the picture was taken.

He's really striving for realism in the 'have fingers stuck in your flesh and then be thrown off a cliff' look, obviously.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Wait, it just occurred to me. Where's the rest of it?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ReidRansom posted:

Wait, it just occurred to me. Where's the rest of it?
I think it's actually the Southern Cross, but I couldn't think of any puns to go with that.

Jaweeeblop
Nov 12, 2004

A long time ago when the goon tattoo thread was still in GBS I posted in there asking if the big shop in my college town was any good and some kind goon pointed out everyones favorite portrait tattoo and instructed me not to go there. Someone just recommened the artist responsible, Dennis Foust, to a friend of mine on facebook looking to get tattooed. While explaining why not to go to this guy I discovered that the portrait got touched up recently by someone who isn't terrible.

The artist that did the original talks about how that tattoo has inspired him to get better
http://www.northwestohio.com/news/story.aspx?id=864447#.UhmP8YV21_k

I still wouldn't go to him
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.117487328773.99499.117480388773&type=1

All on Black
Dec 14, 2007

She's not "that Mexican", Mom, she's MY Mexican. And she's...Colombian or something.

Bored posted:

Ooo. Fanily is forever!

Found under "infinity tattoo". That's supposed to be an infinity symbol.

Another one:

I don't think stupid infinity tattoos are going anywhere. I was wondering if the "n" in "fanily" was a reference to something in pop-culture that I don't know about.

I think it's pretty obvious that the sentiment they're going for is "family is forever". Though I can't explain the M beyond a general inability to write cursive.

Hellburger99
Jan 24, 2006

"I don't like that mooch...
or her pooch!
"

Jaweeeblop posted:

A long time ago when the goon tattoo thread was still in GBS I posted in there asking if the big shop in my college town was any good and some kind goon pointed out everyones favorite portrait tattoo and instructed me not to go there. Someone just recommened the artist responsible, Dennis Foust, to a friend of mine on facebook looking to get tattooed. While explaining why not to go to this guy I discovered that the portrait got touched up recently by someone who isn't terrible.

The artist that did the original talks about how that tattoo has inspired him to get better

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.117487328773.99499.117480388773&type=1

I'm kinda digging the "Garfield with his face ripped off" one, but I'm willing to bet that isn't an original design.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Say Nothing posted:

I think it's actually the Southern Cross, but I couldn't think of any puns to go with that.

Ah, of course, only flipped because mirror selfie and all. Still looks like an infected pile of rear end.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

All on Black posted:

Though I can't explain the M beyond a general inability to write cursive.

I think that's all there is to it.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Jaweeeblop posted:

I'm glad I read this update- it made me sad that someone was being mocked for this, when all they wanted was to have a picture of their wife. Cudos to the artist that cleaned it up.

Edit: and did the work for free.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Saw this recently. I... I think they're supposed to be hearts? :ohdear:
:nws:http://i.imgur.com/fqYPgIn.jpg:nws:

user on probation
Nov 1, 2012

removed
Augh why would you extend brown areolas with pink

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp

Jaweeeblop posted:

Still not so good at portraits. But his zombie Urkel work is the best around.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Somebody was asking about this possibility in this thread and here it is - a Chinese person with a random English word tattooed on the arm:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Inevitable posted:

Still not so good at portraits. But his zombie Urkel work is the best around.

Didn't anyone could put Pardee's work onto skin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZeJou6JFv4

That color work has to be hell to do.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Here's something that just caused a small shitstorm in the main tattoo thread.

Choice quote:

quote:

The tattooer is not a douche bag or a Nazi, or a Nazi sympathizer because he tattoos some Nazi poo poo in the same way it doesn't make him a Native American for doing a Native American design/tattoo. Its not your job to tell someone what to get tattooed on them. If you don't like it, don't loving get it.

Some people dont deserve tattoos.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Mammal Sauce posted:

Choice quote:

I know it's supposed to be shading but I can't see her jawline as anything other than a bushy beard.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

:wtc:

Because, as we all know, tattoo artists are bound by law to do business with anyone and do anything they want, even if it conflicts with the artist's beliefs or morals. I've known people who have had to go to multiple artists to get something done because the thing they wanted had either been co-opted by white supremacists (like the Valknut) or the artist thought it was a Nazi symbol (a Hindu friend who wanted a religious piece done that incorporated a swastika). In a profession where your portfolio is walking around on someone else's skin, a lot of artists just don't want their name or their shop being associated with that.

I know it's not universal, but the few artists I've seen who were OK with doing a piece like that were just as OK with the implication as they were with the money.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

"I admitted that I'm going to receive criticism for this so that means that your criticisms are invalid! ;-*" already shows to me that the artist is a massive douchebag so that choice quote is already wrong on one count.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

I know it's supposed to be shading but I can't see her jawline as anything other than a bushy beard.

Nazi Nancy Neckbeard.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Speaking of things that may have been coopted by white supremacists ... I was going to get a spot on the inside of my upper arm filled in with a tradition style safety razor and badger brush (to commemorate my transition from neckbeard to functional adult) but I keep thinking that someone might take it as a teddy boy thing? Is that a real concern or am I just paranoid?

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

fullroundaction posted:

Speaking of things that may have been coopted by white supremacists ... I was going to get a spot on the inside of my upper arm filled in with a tradition style safety razor and badger brush (to commemorate my transition from neckbeard to functional adult) but I keep thinking that someone might take it as a teddy boy thing? Is that a real concern or am I just paranoid?

I wouldn't expect the average American to know about Teds right offhand, they'd think you're a shaving nerd. (Ed: If you hang with Brits or a rockabilly crowd though...)

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

the yeti posted:

I wouldn't expect the average American to know about Teds right offhand, they'd think you're a shaving nerd. (Ed: If you hang with Brits or a rockabilly crowd though...)

Good, that's what I'm going for (shaving nerd). I DO hang out at one punk rock bar, but they're all craft beer nerds who just like to dress the part. No Brits down here in God's country :thesouth:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
If you meet someone in the south who knows what a teddy boy is, they're probably a goon or other internet savvy nerd. Those dudes don't exist here.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Yeah, I might be biased as my brother-in-law's a barber, but if I saw those I'd just assume you were into old-fashioned grooming.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Mammal Sauce posted:

Choice quote:

The really sad part is this would be an awesome tattoo if it wasn't for the loving swastika in it.

Molentik
Apr 30, 2013

Or that loving SS eagle.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Molentik posted:

Or that loving SS eagle.

Aquila :hist101:

MariusLecter has a new favorite as of 12:50 on Aug 29, 2013

Tourette Meltdown
Sep 11, 2001

Most people with Tourette Syndrome are able to hold jobs and lead full lives. But not you.

Mammal Sauce posted:

Choice quote:

The tattoo's rad, the subject matter isn't. A lot of people seem to find this hard to understand.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

Tourette Meltdown posted:

The tattoo's rad, the subject matter isn't. A lot of people seem to find this hard to understand.

The subject matter is loving awful, however it was clearly done by a skilled artist. Same as you can appreciate the skill that went into the tattoo and pass over the symbolism, I can think the tattoo itself is lovely, no matter how much skill went into doing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

:wtc:

Because, as we all know, tattoo artists are bound by law to do business with anyone and do anything they want, even if it conflicts with the artist's beliefs or morals. I've known people who have had to go to multiple artists to get something done because the thing they wanted had either been co-opted by white supremacists (like the Valknut) or the artist thought it was a Nazi symbol (a Hindu friend who wanted a religious piece done that incorporated a swastika). In a profession where your portfolio is walking around on someone else's skin, a lot of artists just don't want their name or their shop being associated with that.

I know it's not universal, but the few artists I've seen who were OK with doing a piece like that were just as OK with the implication as they were with the money.

One of my tattoo artists explained a while back that you never do anything white supremacy related. Once you tattoo it on one person, you'll have every racist moron within 400 miles coming to your shop because you are willing to tattoo that crap on them.

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

And then your place becomes "that Aryan Brotherhood shop", whether you want it to or not. Yeah, the guy who ran the shop where I got my first three pieces done said much the same thing. Didn't help that they were next to a Harley shop, either. I miss that place, if only because of how close it was to home.
Exactly.

Bored has a new favorite as of 18:30 on Aug 29, 2013

• Locked thread