Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
odd2k
Jul 18, 2006
I DIDN'T CONTRIBUTE ANYTHING BUT A SHITTY POST SO I GOT THIS SHITTY CUSTOM TITLE!

Infinity Gaia posted:

Man having both golden cookie upgrades makes a MASSIVE difference. You go from seeing one every hour or so if you're luckily looking at the screen at that time, to "eh, I'll just click one more golden cookie before I tab out". Still haven't seen any of those increasing sixes ones though. Only the x7 for 77 seconds and the flat 10% variety.

How do you get those upgrades?? I can't ever catch a drat break, the drat golden cookies are in hiding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

odd2k posted:

How do you get those upgrades?? I can't ever catch a drat break, the drat golden cookies are in hiding.

Guess. Gotta hit 7 golden cookies for the first one and 27 for the second. They cost 777,777,777 and I'm pretty sure 7,777,777,777 each. The hardest part is the first 7, the first upgrade helps with the next 20, and from then on out you're getting golden cookies so often you can almost always catch one when tabbing into the cookies.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Leave the game in the stats screen, it'll make the cookies stand out better. They can appear anywhere on the screen. Remember, they appear on the screen, not the game--that is, you don't need to scroll down or sideways through the item boxes.

e: I have no idea. Better not risk it.

Kazzah fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Aug 31, 2013

odd2k
Jul 18, 2006
I DIDN'T CONTRIBUTE ANYTHING BUT A SHITTY POST SO I GOT THIS SHITTY CUSTOM TITLE!
Does this mean that the cookie won't spawn out of bounds if I resize the window to make it smaller?

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

We ran out of cookies long ago. Now, there is only grandma.

I have stared into the abyss and it poured me a cup of tea while gregorian chanting

Some French Guy
Aug 30, 2003
I have just clicked a blood cookie that made me lose cookies and the grandmatriarch has awoken and what is going on I'm scared.

Some French Guy fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Aug 31, 2013

Squidtamer DA
Jun 3, 2007
Squirts ink when provoked
I remember when I thought this was an innocent game about cookies, like some slightly goofy version of Lemonade Stand.

Oh how wrong I was.

Christ, I'm considering copying my save and then letting it run at work. Oh my God, help me.

Squidtamer DA fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Aug 31, 2013

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Squidtamer DA posted:

I remember when I thought this was an innocent game about cookies, like some slightly goofy version of Lemonade Stand.

Oh how wrong I was.

Christ, I'm considering copying my save and then letting it run at work. Oh my God, help me.

Yeah, I hadn't played it since 0.125 (135?), and now it seems like some weird System Shock sequel, Grandma is SHODAN and cookies are the Many. Jesus Christ.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
It's appalling that the game takes this long before you can make eclipse/black and white cookies aka The Greatest Cookies. How can any self respecting cookie overlord avoid them for that long?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

hcreight posted:

It's appalling that the game takes this long before you can make eclipse/black and white cookies aka The Greatest Cookies. How can any self respecting cookie overlord avoid them for that long?

Look at this pitiful knowlessman who actually thinks he is the cookies' master. Were we ever so foolish?

wb
Nov 19, 2004
im cool

odd2k posted:

Does this mean that the cookie won't spawn out of bounds if I resize the window to make it smaller?

After looking at the css, it seems like it should be fine to do that.

edit: one just popped up in my cookie sized window. I'm almost certain that wasn't a fluke.

wb fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Aug 31, 2013

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Why am I still doing this

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Fenrir posted:

Only 57 visible upgrades? Keep on trucking bro, there are at least 81. :shepface:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Jesus christ, I just refreshed and now they've added more poo poo... Oh my god why, now I can never stop :shepface:

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
What's the 82nd upgrade? Why does this game keep adding more whyyyyyyy

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

Fenrir posted:

Sell that farm god drat look at that 101 ruining everything sell it and the two cursors as well ugggggh.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
I just refreshed the page to get the new stuff and I got a 503 service temporarily available noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Sojenus posted:

Sell that farm god drat look at that 101 ruining everything sell it and the two cursors as well ugggggh.

Pretty Numbers are this game's version of the Pretty Borders everyone complains about in Paradox games.

Sayara
May 10, 2009

Uncle Jam posted:

I just refreshed the page to get the new stuff and I got a 503 service temporarily available noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

This is why you open a new tab to refresh for the loving cookies.

Only 5 more hours and I can get those sweet zebra cookies. :shepface:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
One mind purchased, what have I done

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Ok, so i just found out what the last one is.
Elder Covenant: Puts a permanent end to the grandmapocalypse at the price of 20% your Cps

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

Frionnel posted:

Elder Covenant: Puts a permanent end to the grandmapocalypse at the price of 20% your Cps

But why would you stop it ? Such nice grandmas.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

Sojenus posted:

You sure about that?
There's a cursor upgrade for getting 200 cursors now

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

They have awoken. :stare:

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Wow, I must be really unlucky when I tab in to check for golden cookies. I clicked two when I started playing, and it wasn't until my CPS went up to 7mil that I clicked a third. :(

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

How do I force these filthy, depraved grandmas to research faster?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Uncle Jam posted:

I just had a golden cookie appear the exact second I clicked refresh. :negative:

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

Penguingo posted:

By being nicer to them, you monster.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

It's time to get One Mind. I'll see you on the other side. God have mercy on my soul.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Hehe just found an easy achievement purely by accident called Cookie Dunker.

codeorange
Jul 11, 2012

Fanatic posted:

Hehe just found an easy achievement purely by accident called Cookie Dunker.

I don't even know how I got that. I just suddenly had it.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

codeorange posted:

I don't even know how I got that. I just suddenly had it.
Let's just say you have to make your giant cookie go in the milk.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Sojenus posted:

But there's a new achievement for 200 cursors now! I have to get MORE, not less!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Frionnel posted:

Oof, that seems like a poor deal. What advantage is there to ending it?

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Penguingo posted:

Does buying more grandmas help?

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Don't think so. Still 30 minutes per research and I have 214 Grandmas.

I thought I was done with this game, but these updates keep bringing me back in.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Now that I have the cheats working I reset again to start over with the game automated the way I like :c00l:

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Shyfted One posted:

Don't think so. Still 30 minutes per research and I have 214 Grandmas.

I thought I was done with this game, but these updates keep bringing me back in.

Oh god you can go above 200 now? Oh no :ohdear:

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

poo poo is real :pcgaming:

:siren: grandma spoilers?! is that a thing?! :siren:

I gain some small comfort from the fact that grandma has stopped pretending the blood is milk, at least

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Aug 31, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
How about you spoiler that.

• Locked thread