Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
How do all of these people keep having opinions about my cookies? These cookies are for me, not for you! All cookies go back into capitalizing more cookie production. gently caress you and your cookielust, general public.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I miss the safe, colorful background before the grandmas took over. And now they're turning red. Why are they displeased? What are they looking for?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The Grandmas told me that it would all be over soon. WHY DID THEY LIE TO ME? WHAT DID I EVER DO TO THEM?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Grandmatriarchs status : awoken

Oh jesus what have I done. I've dug too deep!

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Good Citizen posted:

Grandmatriarchs status : awoken

Oh jesus what have I done. I've dug too deep!

Just close the tab. I assure you it gets worse. Everything does.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
The only solution at this point is to keep digging.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

The research mechanic bums me out because there's now a stopper that blocks me progressing while I leave this idle and go out to work.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I stopped paying the grandmas. The screen is now strange and disturbing, but I haven't noticed any change in cookie production, so no big deal. What can the grandmas take from me I haven't already lost?

e: the news crawler just used the phrase "flesh highway".

Kazzah fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Sep 1, 2013

Jabbu
Aug 1, 2005

GODWIN'S LAW? WHAT THE FUCK IS GODWIN'S LAW YOU FUCKING CRYPTO-NAZI? WHY DON'T YOU STOP RAPING CHILDREN FOR FIVE MINUTES, PUT DOWN THAT GLASS OF PUPPY BLOOD AND JUST ADMIT THAT YOU'RE A FUCKING MONSTER
Do you know what would happen if I suddenly decided to close this browser? A cookie business big enough that it could be listed on the NASDAQ goes belly up. Disappears! It ceases to exist without me. No, you clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his oven and gets burnt fingers and you think that of me? No. I am the one who bakes!

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
The cookie chains will occasionally give you 6.6 trillion cookies, more than any other bonus can.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I'm up to 5m cps and I have only seen one goddamn golden cookie. Is it just luck when they appear? I want them. I want those golden cookies so bad.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Is this game crazy popular or something? The site's been down every time I've tried to check it out.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
Anyone else get the bug where the kitten engineers only cost 9,000,000,000 instead of 9,000,000,000,000? Because I just did and holy poo poo.

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfY1lfFu8j8

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

A Winner is Jew posted:

Anyone else get the bug where the kitten engineers only cost 9,000,000,000 instead of 9,000,000,000,000? Because I just did and holy poo poo.
Are you sure it was engineers? There's three levels of kittens and the middle one is 9b.

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012

A Winner is Jew posted:

I definitely got that. I refreshed the page immediately after looking at that upgrade and could suddenly afford it.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Sindai posted:

Are you sure it was engineers? There's three levels of kittens and the middle one is 9b.

I'm pretty sure when I bought kitten engineers they didn't cost 9 trillion.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

Finnankainen posted:

I definitely got that. I refreshed the page immediately after looking at that upgrade and could suddenly afford it.

This happened to me as well.

Rene Rancourt
Mar 26, 2007

Was my contract good for you, too?

Ogmius815 posted:

I'm pretty sure when I bought kitten engineers they didn't cost 9 trillion.

Before yesterday's update they cost 900b. I know because I bought a 1t cookie upgrade instead of the kittens and now my cps sucks.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Sweet, got a cookie chain and ended up with 6.6 trillion.

Svartvit
Jun 18, 2005

al-Qabila samaa Bahth
Looks like one of the new updates rearranges the upgrades in the stats page and also confuses kitten engineers with kitten workers.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Uh oh, refreshed and got a "Service temporarily unavailable" page.

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face
So right now I'm making 160,000,000+ cookies a second but all my upgrades are over 999,999,999,999. Should I even bother buying farms, factories and mines at this point or just wait out the others, which are all super expensive.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

So right now I'm making 160,000,000+ cookies a second but all my upgrades are over 999,999,999,999. Should I even bother buying farms, factories and mines at this point or just wait out the others, which are all super expensive.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/863v8u0vqcy8ql0/Cookie_Clicker_v.1.032.xlsx

Handy spreadsheet to figure out what's most cost effective.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
In the past few days, I've bought three AAA titles and gained far more enjoyment from loving Cookie Clicker than any of them.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Slickdrac posted:

I guess it was only a matter of time but still holy poo poo. Did you make this? About cookies?

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

I was too busy baking cookies for that. That's someone else's crazy work.

Ryen Deckard
Jun 28, 2008

My blood is red, white, and blue.

Slickdrac posted:

Of course this has happened.

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ
Is the cookie chain still broken later in the game? I start a chain and no more cookies appear.

mag
Feb 9, 2007

fuck this

i'm out

Slickdrac posted:

Copied this over to Google Docs - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhFRc2dWWrY0dFJGRmFPSXlxSkxQNHhKRjhwald5bWc&usp=sharing

Questioned what I'm doing with my life.

Zingih
Jan 2, 2013
Golden cookie clicks: 217

Oh grandma what am I doing with my life.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

how bad is

Elder Pact

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

Beasteh posted:

how bad is

Elder Pact

You get more cps. Do you need to know anything else?

greth
Nov 12, 2008

Does it trouble your mind the way you trouble mine?
I just refreshed and it's down oh god oh god oh no

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Beasteh posted:

how bad is

Elder Pact

If you don't hunt for golden cookies often, it's fine, but I found it to be detrimental because the chance of getting a x666 red cookie is way lower than the negative effects.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

If you try to refresh, do it in a new tab until it works. The pull of cookies is too strong for the server.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Raserys posted:

Is this game crazy popular or something? The site's been down every time I've tried to check it out.

The servers are cookies now. You can donate for bettr servers, but all bitcoins are cookies too.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

100 Alchemy Labs! Now just 100 Portals and Time Machines, and all the get 100 Achievemtns are done. There's 200 cursors as well I guess.

fake edit: yes! The Elder Cookie or whichever one gives x666 production popped up while I was making this post. I can't help but do a silly evil laugh when I get that one.

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
The website is down for me.

I can't get on.

Help. My life no longer has purpose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Why don't you call your grandmother?

• Locked thread