Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dice Dingus
May 4, 2010
I have gone beyond 100 million CPS, but since they updated it to have fancy graphics I haven't seen the horrible tiled flashing grandma background return and the game is way less cool without that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Shoeonhead22 posted:

You need about 500billion or something in the bank in order to get the full chain

No you don't.

Besides, this wasn't about a full chain, this was about a chain breaking after a single golden cookie click. Which can only happen with a chain of 4 or lower if you miss a cookie.

Rene Rancourt
Mar 26, 2007

Was my contract good for you, too?

Red Metal posted:

No you don't.

Besides, this wasn't about a full chain, this was about a chain breaking after a single golden cookie click. Which can only happen with a chain of 4 or lower if you miss a cookie.

e: misread the post

Musluk
May 23, 2011

If I wait for Quintillion Fingers my CPS will hit 649.845.039,5.

If I buy 2 time machines plus a grandma (costs roughly the same), it'll hit 610.837.949.5 instead. I guess Quintillion is worth the 26 hour wait.

Dice Dingus posted:

I have gone beyond 100 million CPS, but since they updated it to have fancy graphics I haven't seen the horrible tiled flashing grandma background return and the game is way less cool without that.

Orteil said doing that with proper backgrounds and poo poo would look bad. He also said that flashing grandma icons are a possibility though, so who knows.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

I actually pointed this bug out to Orteil and he said he was gonna fix it in the next patch.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Instant Grat posted:

I actually pointed this bug out to Orteil and he said he was gonna fix it in the next patch.

JUDAS

Svartvit
Jun 18, 2005

al-Qabila samaa Bahth

Instant Grat posted:

Oh that's great. Much appreciated.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
You should not be able to get 7.4 trillion cookies immediately upon starting the game, that would completely ruin the fun of slowly building. Besides, unless he completely changes that section of code (rather than just put giving of cookies after the check, which is what he'll probably do), the chain wouldn't break until after you got a chain cookie that put you past 1.5*Bank. So all that's necessary for a full chain would be 444.4... billion :colbert:

Thorias
Jun 3, 2008
I have to go to work for a living...but COOKIES! :( gently caress.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Found this on Friday, been running nonstop since.

Stats as of a few seconds ago:

Cookies in bank : 140,722,691,119
Cookies baked (all time) : 10,226,456,823,097
Buildings owned : 898
Cookies per second : 175,907,512.4 (multiplier : 293.3%)
Cookies per click : 7,060,334.7
Cookie clicks : 18,934
Hand-made cookies : 32,856,085,401
Golden cookie clicks (which also counts blood cookies, interestingly enough): 25

I'm only buying 100 of each building type, cause frankly everything that isn't a Portal or a Time Machine isn't worth it, and the only reason Portals are still worthwhile is cause they're considerably cheaper to buy than Time Machines and can still produce CPS in the millions. Really, Cursors, Grandmas, Portals and Time Machines are the only things worth getting more than 100 of, mostly because the stacking upgrades for each are really, really good at getting really high CPS. Time Machines are easily the best but they start stupidly expensive and get only moreso as the game goes on, so it's often the choice between waiting to get a Time Machine later or getting several dozen other things now.

Course, now I'm at the point where everything is so stupidly expensive that I'll probably only check in once a day to buy a couple of Portals/Time Machines or whatever upgrades I can afford, then sitting back and waiting for the cookies to get back up to the trillions again. I've only got six achievements left, half of which are building a whole bunch of really expensive poo poo.

EDIT: Stats have changed since I accidentally closed my tab, reopened it and got a free Kitten upgrade, which is supposed to be 9 Trillion cookies. So now my stats look like this:

Cookies in bank : 66,818,204,373
Cookies baked (all time) : 10,517,092,716,543
Buildings owned : 901
Cookies per second : 275,780,389.4 (multiplier : 452.8%)
Cookies per click : 11,055,282.4
Cookie clicks : 18,934
Hand-made cookies : 32,856,085,401
Golden cookie clicks : 27

I just increased my CPS by 100 million with a free kitten upgrade :stare:

SatansBestBuddy fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Sep 2, 2013

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~

Thorias posted:

I have to go to work for a living...but COOKIES! :( gently caress.

I am remoted in to my home PC right now from work to click on cookie. Blood cookies must be consumed at all times.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Meta Ridley posted:

I am remoted in to my home PC right now from work to click on cookie. Blood cookies must be consumed at all times.

I thought I was the only person crazy enough to do this and OH GOD COOKIES ARE DOWN

e: It's back we are saved.

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit
What the gently caress I left it running last night and my cookies didn't go up at all :negative:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Twice now, I've had blood cookie chains end after like four clicks. I have 20 trillion in the bank, what the hell?

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

kazil posted:

Twice now, I've had blood cookie chains end after like four clicks. I have 20 trillion in the bank, what the hell?

You got unlucky. That's really all there is to it.

E: Or you just didn't see them :angel:

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Suppose I made the browser window really small, would that guarantee that the golden cookie spawns fill up that space or would I not see them?

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012

dyzzy posted:

Suppose I made the browser window really small, would that guarantee that the golden cookie spawns fill up that space or would I not see them?

Golden/blood cookies only spawn in the area you can see, so making the window small won't cause you to lose those precious spawns. I typically just minimize the window and watch the thumbnail.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Afro posted:

What the gently caress I left it running last night and my cookies didn't go up at all :negative:

If your computer is in sleep mode, it will suspend sweet cookie progress.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Oh god, make the window small and raise the lower portion of the frame to the cookie for an achievement.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Instant Grat posted:

You should not be able to get 7.4 trillion cookies immediately upon starting the game, that would completely ruin the fun of slowly building. Besides, unless he completely changes that section of code (rather than just put giving of cookies after the check, which is what he'll probably do), the chain wouldn't break until after you got a chain cookie that put you past 1.5*Bank. So all that's necessary for a full chain would be 444.4... billion :colbert:

Aren't chains only from blood cookies, so you won't see them until you've already made billions? I don't remember how much One Mind cost but it's not exactly the start of the game.

IRSmurf
Mar 27, 2010

Cookies cookies cookies, cookies. Cookies cookie cookie. Cookie.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

202 golden cookie clicks, get on my level scrubs. :smug:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Gils posted:

Aren't chains only from blood cookies, so you won't see them until you've already made billions? I don't remember how much One Mind cost but it's not exactly the start of the game.

Blood cookies raise the chance of a chain occurring cca tenfold, it's not impossible to get it from ordinary cookies.

Giggily posted:

lOl n00b

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
You can get chains from gold cookies once you have at least 100.000 cookies baked (all time). The chance is ridiculously low though, like .6% or something IIRC.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
What's the recommended order to buy poo poo in and to upgrade poo poo? I just kinda went willy nilly.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
you're welcome
pay it forward~
So using that spreadsheet it apparently takes 127 Trillion cookies to go from 99->100 Time machines. With my 527 megacookies, that would take 67 hours alone (with no bonuses). It is the only achievement I have left but drat I think I might have to stop clicking on cookie now even if it means disobeying the grandmatriarch

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Meta Ridley posted:

So using that spreadsheet it apparently takes 127 Trillion cookies to go from 99->100 Time machines. With my 527 megacookies, that would take 67 hours alone (with no bonuses). It is the only achievement I have left but drat I think I might have to stop clicking on cookie now even if it means disobeying the grandmatriarch

You should be getting like 6 times as much from golden cookies as you're getting from regular production at that point.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Bob A Feet posted:

What's the recommended order to buy poo poo in and to upgrade poo poo? I just kinda went willy nilly.

Ostensibly, do whatever you think is best/most fun. It is a game after all.

Alternatively, you can use this spreadsheet to optimize your buying.

Spreadsheet courtesy of 4chan's /vg/ board and the CookieClicker General thread where they've gone full :spergin:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

Wait should I be sacrificing virgins to grandma? I've pretty much embraced the flesh and been devouring blood cookies. I chose my path.

If you sacrifice virgins, how are you going to sustain your grandma supply? Think in the long term!

Maha
Dec 29, 2006
sapere aude
Update out. Covenant now only takes 5% of your cps, is practically free to turn off (6.66 billion, still full price to turn back on), there's an achievement for buying it, the Leprechaun achievement now gives milk.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Maha posted:

Update out. Covenant now only takes 5% of your cps, is practically free to turn off (6.66 billion, still full price to turn back on), there's an achievement for buying it, the Leprechaun achievement now gives milk.

Aw, he changed the way cursors look too :smith:

E: hopefully he adds in paths for the player to take. I think he said on his tumblr that the other end of the spectrum would have something to do with the kittens. It'd be neat to invest in one choice or another for unique upgrades later on

Spooky Bear Ghost fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Sep 2, 2013

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

Aw, he changed the way cursors look too :smith:

And subsequently made my CPS impossible to read. Yay!

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

Giggily posted:

Aw, you're so cute :shobon:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I have only seen and clicked on one golden cookie. How are you bastards getting so many? Are you just staring at the screen all day?

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
you're welcome
pay it forward~

Inzombiac posted:

I have only seen and clicked on one golden cookie. How are you bastards getting so many? Are you just staring at the screen all day?

At 7 and 21 you get upgrades that each make them last twice as long and appear twice as often (so 4x overall).
Then chains also each count toward them so they start to add up fast.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Inzombiac posted:

Yes :negative:

After you get 7, you get an upgrade that increases the frequency, and another at 27, at which point they usually appear every few minutes.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
Well, there's more dungeon stuff in the code.

Current ones in there:
Factory, Mine, Portal, a secret one

This is in the comments:
//var test=new Game.Dungeon('Factory');
//you guys will have to be a little patient, this is a huge one

And a function that is called 'ruin the fun' stuck under achievements.

I think you put this in the console, if I'm reading it right:
Game.RuinTheFun

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

Kgummy posted:

[/spoiler]
And a function that is called 'ruin the fun' stuck under achievements.

I think you put this in the console, if I'm reading it right:
Game.RuinTheFun

function ()
{
for (var i in Game.Upgrades)
{
Game.Unlock(Game.Upgrades[i].name);

Game.Upgrades[i].bought++;
if (Game.Upgrades[i].buyFunction) Game.Upgrades[i].buyFunction();
}
for (var i in Game.Achievements)
{
Game.Win(Game.Achievements[i].name);
}
Game.Earn(999999999999999999);
Game.upgradesToRebuild=1;
Game.recalculateGains=1;
}

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Inzombiac posted:

There are golden cookie upgrades that appear after 7 and 27 golden cookie clicks. Each one makes golden cookies appear twice as often and last twice as long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Slickdrac posted:

function ()
{
for (var i in Game.Upgrades)
{
Game.Unlock(Game.Upgrades[i].name);

Game.Upgrades[i].bought++;
if (Game.Upgrades[i].buyFunction) Game.Upgrades[i].buyFunction();
}
for (var i in Game.Achievements)
{
Game.Win(Game.Achievements[i].name);
}
Game.Earn(999999999999999999);
Game.upgradesToRebuild=1;
Game.recalculateGains=1;
}

So get all upgrades and achievements, earn 1 quintillion cookies?

• Locked thread