Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
I am enjoying this game much more than Hitman: Absolution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Instant Grat posted:

Why would you want them

Blood cookies are literally objectively worse than gold cookies, as long as you follow the pro-strat of always keeping 18000*CpS in bank.

I'm sure this has been asked before so instead of asking you to explain, could you just link me to one of the posts explaining why 18,000*CpS works better?

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Instant Grat posted:

Why would you want them

Blood cookies are literally objectively worse than gold cookies, as long as you follow the pro-strat of always keeping 18000*CpS in bank.

Not many people keep 60-100 trillion in the bank at once.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Fuego Fish posted:

Everything worth purchasing costs literally trillions of cookies and I'm only making 582.8 million cookies per second. I'm pretty sure it's going to take me literally weeks to finally purchase all the time machines and cursors I'll need to unlock the last few achievements. This loving game! :doom:
And by that time there will be more cookies to click :unsmigghh:

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

Wrist Watch posted:

I'm sure this has been asked before so instead of asking you to explain, could you just link me to one of the posts explaining why 18,000*CpS works better?

For every lucky cookie, you get THIRTY MINUTES worth of cookies.

How is that not worth it? I'm getting nearly 1.2 trillion per cookie.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
I refreshed my page a little bit after I got the One Mind upgrade, and now my background is back to normal and I still get golden cookies. Did I break something?

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
Did you remember to save before you refreshed?

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

homeless snail posted:

And by that time there will be more cookies to click :unsmigghh:

I'm not looking forward to having to leave the drat thing idling for nine hours to afford my next time machine.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Kgummy posted:

Did you remember to save before you refreshed?

It saved automatically! And I still have the upgrade!

e: NEVERMIND THE GRANDMATRIARCHY DOTH REAR ITS HEAD ONCE MORE

Oblivion590
Nov 23, 2010

Wrist Watch posted:

Because lots of people continue to think that there are 18,000 seconds (which is actually 5 hours) in 30 minutes. The "Lucky!" bonus from a golden or blood cookie caps out on cookies earned if you have at least 30 minutes' worth of cookie production. Therefore, keeping 1800 * CPS around will maximize golden cookie income. Of course, that's probably not a big deal until it takes more than 30 minutes to buy useful upgrades to your CPS.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
Goddamn you, SomethingAwful, why am I typing this response while watching my cookie count slowly rise to 100 billion for the third time machine upgrade. Why am I so obsessed with cookie? Why did I set my Steam avatar to Grandma? :shepicide:

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Oblivion590 posted:

Because lots of people continue to think that there are 18,000 seconds (which is actually 5 hours) in 30 minutes. The "Lucky!" bonus from a golden or blood cookie caps out on cookies earned if you have at least 30 minutes' worth of cookie production. Therefore, keeping 1800 * CPS around will maximize golden cookie income. Of course, that's probably not a big deal until it takes more than 30 minutes to buy useful upgrades to your CPS.

Ding Dong You Are Wrong

The maximum amount you can get from a Lucky bonus is 1800*CpS, but what you actually get is whichever of the following two is lower:

• 10% of your current cookies (and then 13 extra cookies just because)
  • Your CpS*1800 - i.e. half an hours' worth of cookie production (and then 13 extra cookies just because)

So to get the maximum out of the Lucky bonus you need to have 1800*10=18000*CpS cookies banked.

Instant Grat fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Sep 4, 2013

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

D34THROW posted:

Goddamn you, SomethingAwful, why am I typing this response while watching my cookie count slowly rise to 100 billion for the third time machine upgrade. Why am I so obsessed with cookie? Why did I set my Steam avatar to Grandma? :shepicide:

slowly rise to 100 billion? You are hardly ankle deep in the cookies. Keep on wading.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Instant Grat posted:

Why would you want them

I do both. I know someone has already done the math on it and generally, not getting the Elder pledge is more worth it than not. Part of if the the Cookie Chain occurrence increase and Elder frenzy (which yields a net 3996xCkHz boost to income). Yeah, Clots and Ruin do suck when they happen, but I believe that unless you're clicking on EVERY golden cookie that appears, it's not worth it. Elder Covenant also has declining returns based on income iirc.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Xelkelvos posted:

I do both. I know someone has already done the math on it and generally, not getting the Elder pledge is more worth it than not. Part of if the the Cookie Chain occurrence increase and Elder frenzy (which yields a net 3996xCkHz boost to income). Yeah, Clots and Ruin do suck when they happen, but I believe that unless you're clicking on EVERY golden cookie that appears, it's not worth it. Elder Covenant also has declining returns based on income iirc.

Chains got nerfed in the most recent update though. Now every cookie past the 5th has a 10% chance of not appearing rather than a 5% chance. And if you're at around 4-5mil CpS at least, then 3 lucky cookies are already better than an Elder Frenzy. You're right though, you gotta click those golden cookies or a Pledge is just a waste half a trillion.

(why do i care so much about this jesus gently caress)

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:
I don't know about you guys but I still click my cookie because it's 32 million per click before any cookie modifiers. (x666 is pretty cool here)

Click those cookies for grandma.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

Basically you should only buy Elder Covenant for the achievement and then turn it off and if you want to sit and click some cookies buy an elder pledge.

Clot isn't that bad by the way. You loose a little more than 30 seconds worth of cookie production. Ruin on the other hand genuinely sucks.

Ogmius815 fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Sep 3, 2013

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I'm having a hard time cheating the golden cookies, otherwise I'm back where I was. I really don't want to re-earn those achievements. I tried the Game.goldenclicks=X or whatever. . . that changed the counter but "lucky cookie" and stuff aren't available and I need to purchase that stuff to get the sweet sweet red cookie action.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Instant Grat posted:

Chains got nerfed in the most recent update though. Now every cookie past the 5th has a 10% chance of not appearing rather than a 5% chance. And if you're at around 4-5mil CpS at least, then 3 lucky cookies are already better than an Elder Frenzy. You're right though, you gotta click those golden cookies or a Pledge is just a waste half a trillion.

(why do i care so much about this jesus gently caress)

Here's a relevant chart from 4chan from one of the tripfags there (Debugbro)

Each number represents a power of Ten. The violet section represents Wrath Cookies (so Elder Pledge/Covenant off), The white sections represent Elder Pledge/Covenant on and the intermediate section is with Wrath being best when clicking. An older version is on the thread, but this upper corner is the relevant part.

Essentially, if your CpS is below 10,000,000 (Ten Million) or your cookies stored in bank is less than approximately 100,000,000,000 (One-Hundred Billion), don't buy the Elder Pledge/Elder Covenant. Once you've gone beyond those bounds, however, the wrath of the Grandmatriarchs is too much, and you need to quell their wrath.

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Sep 3, 2013

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

Shbobdb posted:

I'm having a hard time cheating the golden cookies, otherwise I'm back where I was. I really don't want to re-earn those achievements. I tried the Game.goldenclicks=X or whatever. . . that changed the counter but "lucky cookie" and stuff aren't available and I need to purchase that stuff to get the sweet sweet red cookie action.
You need to click one more golden cookie. Then it'll update normally/unlock it.

SHUBNIGGURATHS CLIT
Jan 6, 2005

you're
This game got so hosed up so fast.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

SHUBNIGGURATHS CLIT posted:

This game got so hosed up so fast.

We haven't even gotten the dungeon yet :getin:

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
This kind of thing has been done a million times at this point but holy poo poo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM_UhcbbIZM

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I just bought One Mind, did I screw up my cookies?

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

WendigoJohnson posted:

I just bought One Mind, did I screw up my cookies?

Not at all. :unsmigghh:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Oh my God, there's a device beyond time machine.

Cookie Goddess Creates 15 trillion cookies per second! :stare:

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Yo, what? I'm not seeing anything past time machine. Do I need to get the Covenant to get those sweet Goddess cookies?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The first time I lost 200 billion cookies from clicking a blood cookie, I decided the Grandmapocalypse was not worth it and put a stop to it immediately.

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit
And once you click a 666x cookie frenzy not 10 minutes after a 7 trillion cookie chain, you will assimilate.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Level Slide posted:

Yo, what? I'm not seeing anything past time machine. Do I need to get the Covenant to get those sweet Goddess cookies?

I have a feeling he took a look at the code (or he found someone who did) for the up-and-coming dungeon update that's not implemented.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

CJacobs posted:

The first time I lost 200 billion cookies from clicking a blood cookie, I decided the Grandmapocalypse was not worth it and put a stop to it immediately.

Afro posted:

And once you click a 666x cookie frenzy not 10 minutes after a 7 trillion cookie chain, you will assimilate.

Join the flesh :pcgaming:

christ we're forming different factions here. Flesh highways vs kitten lovers

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
Goddess isn't in the code, as far as I can tell.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Alright, I thought I was going crazy.

well, i'm already crazy, but not for that reason

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
GUYS HELP! WHAT IS MY CHOICE?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
N. You can take my cookies from my cold dead hands.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Oh my god, getting rid of all your cookies was totally worth it!

It's not a real choice, you have to surrender all your cookies, she makes you either way.

*edit*

Holy poo poo phase 2 is amazing. :catdrugs:

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Sep 3, 2013

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
I'm working on a Cookie Clicker playlist. Suggest cookie-related songs (or songs that would just fit the atmosphere) for me to add!

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

Oh man I just noticed the Seinfeld reference in the upgrades. If you think about it for a second it shouldn't be hard to find.

"Look to the cookie"

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

EDIT: Sorry guys something's up with my browser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

WendigoJohnson posted:

Oh my god, getting rid of all your cookies was totally worth it!

It's not a real choice, you have to surrender all your cookies, she makes you either way.

*edit*

Holy poo poo phase 2 is amazing. :catdrugs:

Okay that totally isn't fair. What did you do?? Where did the goddess come from??

• Locked thread