Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Why are these lesser non-cookies (stroopwafel and macaroon) being compared in any way to the God cookie that is the snickerdoodle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
I kind of really like the current version of the spreadsheet, v1.033.3. It's got a load function now.

And it was fairly simple to get it updated to the new update. Minus the elder pledge upgrade. I'm not even sure where to put that or what math to hook up to it, if any.

If someone wants to update their copy before it gets updated, here's the changes I made to my copy. Though you'll probably want to load your file before you change it, since I don't even know how to make changes there. And most likely these changes will break the loading function.
Spoilered in case anyone doesn't want to know the workings for whatever reason.
You apparently can only ctrl-c and ctrl-v rather than copy and paste from the edit menu, for some reason.

Upgrades sheet:
Change D11's 50 in the equation to 100.

Insert three rows below Zebra Cookies (row 77).
Select all of row 77, copy.
Paste in row 78. Update the name. Add a 9 to C78. Update M78 if you want. I don't think it's used for calculations, though.
Copy row 78 to save typing.
Paste in rows 79 and 80. Fix the names.

Insert a row below 87. Copy row 87 and paste in 88.
Fix the cost by adding another 7 to C88. Fix M88 to have 77 if you want.

Achievements sheet:
Insert a row below 78.
Copy the uncanny clicker row.
Paste in the new row (should be 79). Delete the old uncanny clicker row.
Also get rid of uncanny clicker's comment, since it now counts for milk.

In cell B1, change the B78 to B79.

That should be all the changes needed, minus the pledge upgrade, as I said I don't know where to put it.

Edit: Noticed some other places to update it:

Global B15 and B16 need to be updated. Update the 50 to 100.

Kgummy fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Sep 4, 2013

door Door door
Feb 26, 2006

Fugee Face

What does the gradmapocalpyse actually do aside from make the game creepy as hell? Does it have any effect on cps? I haven't been able to find anything. Maybe the flesh took all the answers away.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

bef posted:

Its gonna happen, just start playing the waiting game. Getting those 900bil golden cookies really helps though.

Oh yeah, of course. I have the game in a separate window that's shrunk down beside my normal browser window so I always see when they appear. With that and the 18,000*CpS thing I've been gaining at a pretty decent clip when I remember to glance over at it.

It was just really weird spending everything I could before going to bed, waking up to "only" find 18 trillion cookies, and wondering how the hell I got to a point where eighteen trillion cookies was barely enough to buy three upgrades.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The waiting until I have enough to buy Quintillion Fingers is slowly driving me insane. I know there will be a huge boost once I do but god dammit waiting until I can afford it is killing me. I am so weak. :negative:

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

door Door door posted:

What does the gradmapocalpyse actually do aside from make the game creepy as hell? Does it have any effect on cps? I haven't been able to find anything. Maybe the flesh took all the answers away.

Well, it's an upgrade path that increases CPS, yes. It also changes gold cookies to blood cookies which are better in some circumstances.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

door Door door posted:

Big bonus in CPS, sizably weakens special cookie value (They're still way more beneficial to click than to not though)

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!
Is there a reason I can't click on the One Mind upgrade if I have enough to buy it? It's bold like the other things I can buy, just won't click.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
"writhe" - grandma

Also, after you appease the grandmatriarchs, if you sold a grandma at some point, you get "It thought we would go away by selling us. How quaint." - grandma :ohdear:

Office Thug fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Sep 4, 2013

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009
This is a pro-click for anyone who wants to understand the Grandma-pocalypse.

door Door door
Feb 26, 2006

Fugee Face

Gils posted:

Well, it's an upgrade path that increases CPS, yes. It also changes gold cookies to blood cookies which are better in some circumstances.

can't decide between :getin: and :unsmigghh:.

ed: I'd already headed down the path of the grandma like two days ago, was just curious what I'd begun.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

Grem posted:

Is there a reason I can't click on the One Mind upgrade if I have enough to buy it? It's bold like the other things I can buy, just won't click.
Manually Save (to make sure it's up to date) and refresh.

That should fix it. I don't know how it breaks like that, but that seems to be the only way to fix it.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

Office Thug posted:

"writhe" - grandma

Also, after you appease the grandmatriarchs, if you sold a grandma at some point, you get "It thought we would go away by selling us. How quaint." - grandma :ohdear:

"It has betrayed us, the filthy little thing."- grandma

I am in control now, grandma. I can summon and banish you at will. I have mastered the dark (chocolate) arts.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

New (maybe) discovery that's going to make double length VASTLY worth it.

Had a 7x for 77 second cookie going. Got another cookie while it was active. I had 56 trillion cookies, it gave me 5.6 trillion for the cookie. Normal amount I get is about 1.3 trillion.

fake edit: I tested on a different tab spawning golds like crazy, the 7x does not stack on each other and give you 49x, unfortunately.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
Alright, the spreadsheet was updated to the new update.

Edit: Okay, looks like I just had a bad copy of the spreadsheet, and all the changes I made were unnecessary, and only were valid for my bad version. Oh well.

Kgummy fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Sep 4, 2013

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
What are golden cookies? Is that just another upgrade? Why am I playing this?

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

I will now sing for you a song that I hope will ease your performance anxiety.
I just get redirected to the google docs template gallery when I click on that link?

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?

Grem posted:

I had this happen as well. Turn off your pop-up blocker and sink deeper into madness.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

Citycop posted:

I just get redirected to the google docs template gallery when I click on that link?
Click on 'use this template' on the "CookieClicker v1.034 spreadsheet v1.034.0". If you don't see that, do a manual search for templates by "Cookie.eternal".

Apparently I caught it in the middle of it being updated, and got a bad copy of the template, so you can safely ignore all the changes I had up, before I removed that bit of the post entirely.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

So has any new content been added besides the cheevos? I want my kittens dammit :mad:

e: And an upgrade that swaps the cursors for kittens :allears: I want a ring of kittens clicking that cookie

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

I'm out! I had 80/81 upgrades, all but the 100 time machine achievement, and 82 time machines. Then I read that post that said 85 time machines was roughly 10% of the total. Then they dropped a ton of new upgrades.

gently caress cookies.

I'm reppin cinnamon rolls from now on.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Phenotype posted:

I'm out! I had 80/81 upgrades, all but the 100 time machine achievement, and 82 time machines. Then I read that post that said 85 time machines was roughly 10% of the total. Then they dropped a ton of new upgrades.

gently caress cookies.

I agree with all of this, but... I just can't convince myself to close the tab :smith:

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Phenotype posted:

gently caress cookies.

Why would you want it to end? Grandma has such wonderful things to show you

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

death .cab for qt posted:

So has any new content been added besides the cheevos? I want my kittens dammit :mad:

e: And an upgrade that swaps the cursors for kittens :allears: I want a ring of kittens clicking that cookie

Not Ladyfingers?

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
With the new golden cookie upgrade Get Lucky, I just got the Elder Frenzy buff from a red cookie, x666 for 12 seconds, I don't even know math but I just went from 12 trillion to 46 trillion so yea, it's p good.

710million cps in case you wondering.

clot also halves your cps for 132 seconds, so there's that, but I don't think it's that big of a deal.

Tipme fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Sep 4, 2013

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Tipme posted:

With the new golden cookie upgrade Get Lucky, I just got the Elder Frenzy buff from a red cookie, x666 for 12 seconds, I don't even know math but I just went from 12 trillion to 46 trillion so yea, it's p good.

710million cps in case you wondering.

clot also halves your cps for 132 seconds, so there's that, but I don't think it's that big of a deal.

On the downside, if you get a "lucky" cookie while clot is going, you "only" get 15 minutes worth of cookies.

On the upside, getting 210 minutes of cookies if you have the grannies appeased is amazing.

wei
Jul 27, 2006
Is it possible to have golden cookie effects overlap with Get Lucky? Frenzy lasting 154 seconds should allow for another golden cookie to pop up within that duration. If I get a Lucky cookie and it's based off 7x of my CpS, that's more cookies than a full cookie chain (assuming I have the relevant amount banked).

I'll probably test it myself eventually, but I may just get the 99T upgrades first for a risk-free investment.

edit: Ok I reread this page, skipped Slickdrac's post somehow. Guess I'll buy Get Lucky!

wei fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Sep 4, 2013

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Ah, gently caress. I can afford Quintillion Fingers, but should I keep saving up for Get Lucky or just buy Quintillion Fingers now? Fuuuuuck I can't decide :smithicide:

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Quintillion netted me a 100 mil cps when I was around 515

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Oh, I didn't even realize there was an upgrade after Quadrillion

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

I will now sing for you a song that I hope will ease your performance anxiety.

Kgummy posted:

Click on 'use this template' on the "CookieClicker v1.034 spreadsheet v1.034.0". If you don't see that, do a manual search for templates by "Cookie.eternal".

Apparently I caught it in the middle of it being updated, and got a bad copy of the template, so you can safely ignore all the changes I had up, before I removed that bit of the post entirely.

This spreadsheet is awesome. Thanks.

I reset at a billion cookies to get the neverclick and reset bonus for more milk bonus only to now find out that those don't count toward milk and there's a trillion reset and and TRUE NEVERCLICK AHH! where does it end?

Citycop fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Sep 4, 2013

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine
Wait I started playing this yesterday and there's already a new version?
How do I update? Will I lose my progress?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Orange Harrison posted:

Wait I started playing this yesterday and there's already a new version?
How do I update? Will I lose my progress?

The game automatically updates. Just save and refresh the page and you should apply the update without losing any progress at all.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

CJacobs posted:

The game automatically updates. Just save and refresh the page and you should apply the update without losing any progress at all.

You should export, too. There's no "being too careful" when it comes to hard-earned self-baked cookies.

Also, full changelog:

4chan's Debugbro posted:

- click frenzy buffed to 77x power
- quintillion is now +base 100 per building
- uncanny clicker is now achieved differently and gives milk.
- 3 new +15% cookies, once you've earned a total of 999,999,999,999 cookies
- 80% chance to remove the previous cookie from the list of outcomes
- new upgrade for having 77 golden cookie clicks, makes frenzy/clot last twice as long
- elder frenzy made to last twice as long because of everyone saying it only lasts like 3 seconds
- news ticker has way more news about you having sold a grandma
- Serendipity price raised from 7,777,777,777 to 77,777,777,777
- New upgrade that makes elder pact last 1 hour, unlocks after 10 pledges
- True Neverclick description changed (nothing changed to the achievement, don't worry)
- Elder Pact should no longer show up in the store before you researched it

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!
Accidentally sold a cursor.. lost a day's worth of cookie production.

The cookies... THEY TAUNT ME!!!

Am I the only one who would like an option to confirm or just disable building sales? I can't really think of any situation where it'd be beneficial to sell, outside of immediate gratification, which is really only a short-term benefit with long-term ramifications. Short term be damned, cookies are THE END.

SilverSliver
Nov 27, 2009

by elpintogrande
Want to get out of the Grandma-ocaplypse?

Sell them all off. Re buying them still gives you the awesomeness of Grannies and all the upgrades you bought for them come with the re buy, just don't click any of the research stuff again or it will start over

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Tom Powers posted:

Am I the only one who would like an option to confirm or just disable building sales? I can't really think of any situation where it'd be beneficial to sell, outside of immediate gratification, which is really only a short-term benefit with long-term ramifications. Short term be damned, cookies are THE END.

Just keep the stats page open. Nothing to click on there. Also makes the golden cookies a little easier to see.

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

door Door door posted:

What I've found out so far: Sometimes red cookies appear. Don't click on the read cookies

edit: seems like red cookies can have both good and bad effects.

Onkel Hedwig fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Sep 4, 2013

Meliv
Nov 1, 2008
Attempting to piss off the grandmas as much as possible because I've lost the will to cookies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cancelbot
Nov 22, 2006

Canceling spam since 1928

I had to take drastic measures at work as nobody was getting anything done due to COOKIES:

I am not proud of what I have done.
:suicide:

• Locked thread