Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
The intakes and the bars made it feel really wide when I sat on it (relatively, more than I'd expect for a 3cyl but it's no busa), and it pushed me up on the tank and was kinda uncomfortable seating. I'd like to see a measurement or side by side of the bars with another bike to see if they really are wide or if it was just my imagination. I think they look pretty good and could be fun with a bit of aesthetic/comfort modding like Pinny says.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halo_4am
Sep 25, 2003

Code Zombie
I'm really excited to see a new standard <1kcc for $<10k. The fact that it has air scoops is just gravy. I hope it sells like a motherfucker and some sort of power cruiser is born from it.

All I've wanted since the I started riding is a modern magna or v-max that isn't a complete behemoth.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'd love to see a new Magna as well. I was really hoping the new V4's would spawn a Fury that would actually deserve the name. I love my Hammer, but I loved being much more nimble on the Magna. Plus, Harley riders would pull up to me on my Magna and make fun of it for having "fake pipes", since cruisers can only have two pipes! Too bad those "fake pipes" allowed it to go like a bat out of hell when the light turned green after they made fun of it. An old comparison pic of the size difference between the Hammer and Magna: and that oil spot is not from the Magna.

Motsew
Dec 31, 2004

moist turtleneck posted:

I'd love to see a new Magna as well. I was really hoping the new V4's would spawn a Fury that would actually deserve the name. I love my Hammer, but I loved being much more nimble on the Magna. Plus, Harley riders would pull up to me on my Magna and make fun of it for having "fake pipes", since cruisers can only have two pipes! Too bad those "fake pipes" allowed it to go like a bat out of hell when the light turned green after they made fun of it. An old comparison pic of the size difference between the Hammer and Magna: and that oil spot is not from the Magna.

I've had a go on a friends '87 Super Magna (imported from the US, 1 of only 4 in the UK apparently) and it goes like stink, seriously. It'll rip your arms off up to 90.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
I loved my Super Magna,

I did not love the ridiculous prices I had to pay for spare parts :(

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
My wife's old V30 was a lot of fun to ride. Less fun to own and maintain though, and way less fun to track down parts for.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Motsew posted:

I've had a go on a friends '87 Super Magna (imported from the US, 1 of only 4 in the UK apparently) and it goes like stink, seriously. It'll rip your arms off up to 90.

Jeff

Motsew
Dec 31, 2004

Yeah, his name is Jeff, he's rough as gently caress and like 70. Kudos to the man though, I hope I'm still riding bikes when I'm that old.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Motsew posted:

Yeah, his name is Jeff, he's rough as gently caress and like 70. Kudos to the man though, I hope I'm still riding bikes when I'm that old.

Agreed. I picture the magna like a Honda version of (in other words much more practical and with sensible shoes on) the V-max. Is that accurate? Those brakes look...questionable.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Motsew posted:

All I can see here is nightmarish carb work.

And Jeff

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 371 days!
JEFF*

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I can't help but read that in Clarkson's voice.

XYLOPAGUS
Aug 23, 2006
--the creator of awesome--
Bahaha the first italics Jeff post made me bust out laughing.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Deeters posted:

I can't help but read that in Clarkson's voice.

THIS is a 'Honda magna' with a powerful vee-four engine propelling it up to speeds of ninety miles an hour. And this...is Jeff.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

M42
Nov 12, 2012

The first two people I saw on sportbikes in like 1000 miles (when I was passing through sturgis) were a pretty great example of that

Legdiian
Jul 14, 2004

M42 posted:

The first two people I saw on sportbikes in like 1000 miles (when I was passing through sturgis) were a pretty great example of that

Are his feet hanging from the rear pegs?

Also to be fair people on Harleys dress just as poorly as those two.

Legdiian fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Sep 6, 2013

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Those are his highway pegs. I do that for long straight stretches on the ninjette.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Feet on rear pegs? Man up, bros, I lock the throttle and sit on the pillion seat when I'm touring. Pro level.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Passenger seat is amateur, rock sidesaddle like you just don't care.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

poo poo that's what big ugly frame sliders are for.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Yeah, rear pegs are highway comfort.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Just stand up and stretch like a normal person:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Deeters posted:

Just stand up and stretch like a normal person:

I stand up all the time on the pegs on the DRZ when I'm on it for long trips.

Really weirds people out when I stand up at freeway speed for like 2 minutes at a time. People are either horrified thinking I'm going to jump off or something or they're disappointed because they thought I was going to pull some gnarly 70mph standup wheelie

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
That's a strength of a dualsporty layout for me. I spend a lot of time on my Ulysses trips standing on the pegs and airing out my undercarriage parts.

KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

:stonk:

clutchpuck posted:

That's a strength of a dualsporty layout for me. I spend a lot of time on my Ulysses trips standing on the pegs and airing out my undercarriage parts.

Been there, done that. I also like riding from the pillion seat to stretch out a bit, one of the advantages of being 6'4.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Feet on rear pegs? Man up, bros, I lock the throttle and sit on the pillion seat when I'm touring. Pro level.

Look at this guy who needs a device to work his throttle for him. Obvious ducati owner.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Only took like 3 weeks, but I finally went out and bought a bolt to fix this roadside jerry-rig. The hardware store is literally a five minute walk from my apartment :negative:

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Is that a popsicle stick?

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.
Accounting for inflation, that's like a CBR250R.
Or a little less than a bare Ninja 250R.

($4320.33 MSRP in 2013 dollars)

Kenny Rogers fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Sep 8, 2013

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

I don't know, I find it hard to take hipster/non-hipster advice from someone with a Brony avatar!

M42 posted:

Is that a popsicle stick?

Looks like a tongue depressor... probably got it from a first aid kit or from the track medics...

Unless you guys got some mondo popsicles, then I want in, damnit!

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

DILLIGAF posted:

Looks like a tongue depressor... probably got it from a first aid kit or from the track medics...

Unless you guys got some mondo popsicles, then I want in, damnit!

Nope, it's a popsicle stick! Might be the close-up angle that makes it look bigger than it is. Was the best I could find in the parking lot of the convenience store, had to knock some ants off it because it was still "fresh".

M42
Nov 12, 2012

That's some macgyver poo poo right there.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Does anyone have the gif or video of the guy stunting on a DRZ that stops and does a front flip off the bike?

EvilSlug
Dec 5, 2004
Not crazy, just evil.

Deeters posted:

Does anyone have the gif or video of the guy stunting on a DRZ that stops and does a front flip off the bike?
Just the potatocam version on this one. My favorite thing about that trick is the sidestand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsAQnLYRkfg&t=205s

You might also like this if you haven't seen it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1GVcRTIofc

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Saw this guy a block away from my house yesterday, after seeing him on Friday at a restaurant in another town. Had a "PA to Panama" sticker on the one hard case, and all the paint on the license plate was worn off. Very cool.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

EvilSlug posted:

Just the potatocam version on this one. My favorite thing about that trick is the sidestand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsAQnLYRkfg&t=205s

Yes, that's the one I was looking for. I knew it was a really generic sounding name.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

EvilSlug posted:

Well that further enforces my thought to pick up another DRZ. Sure I could barely wheelie mine but I miss the fun of riding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

NitroSpazzz posted:

Well that further enforces my thought to pick up another DRZ. Sure I could barely wheelie mine but I miss the fun of riding.

I don't think there's a better adjective to describe a DRZ (or any supermoto) than "fun".

Unrelated: There was a big 9/11 tribute ride coming through my town, so I went to the end of my road to watch them go by. I timelapsed it since it ended up being 30 minutes of motorcycles going by.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDfgcK0yICE

There were more flag bandannas than helmets :911:

This thing was in it too, not sure how it's not a car