Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
How many gold cookie clicks to I have to have before I unlock Get Lucky? I've idled more than actively watched, so I'm right in the middle of the Grandmapocalypse and my only Gold upgrade is Lucky Day; I've little incentive to bother with Pledges or the Covenant when golden/wrath cookies aren't actually common for me.

Also probability is loving with me because I'm pretty certain I've hit Ruin at least three times in a row.

EDIT: \/\/\/ Well, that's 57 Wraths to go, then. :sigh:

DoubleEDIT:

Spiffo posted:

If you've got Lucky Day, you should be able to get Serendipity soon enough. Gold Cookies will be easier to notice since they appear more often and stay on screen longer. At 27 gold cookie clicks, Serendipity becomes available. Then you'll be seeing gold cookies all the fuckin' time, can't miss 'em.

Get Lucky shows up at 77 gold cookies, unfortunately.

Well, that's not quite as bad...

Oblivion4568238 fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Sep 6, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
At 77 Golden Cookie clicks you should unlock the Leprechaun achievement and the Get Lucky upgrade.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Oblivion4568238 posted:

How many gold cookie clicks to I have to have before I unlock Get Lucky?

If you've got Lucky Day, you should be able to get Serendipity soon enough. Gold Cookies will be easier to notice since they appear more often and stay on screen longer. At 27 gold cookie clicks, Serendipity becomes available. Then you'll be seeing gold cookies all the fuckin' time, can't miss 'em.

Get Lucky shows up at 77 gold cookies, unfortunately.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

Al Borland posted:

You have become consumed by the beast. All you see now are cookies, not the reason why cookies exist. I got rid of my mines, factories, and farms, all of them gone Soon as i complete time machines, it'll just be me and 1 grandma making cookings together.

Peace is a lie, there is only clicking.
Through clicking, I gain cookies.
Through cookies, I gain power.
Through power, I gain grandmas.
Through grandmas, my chains are broken.
The Cookies shall free me.

:unsmigghh:

Hardtarget
Mar 28, 2010

Rolls on Shabbos
So can somebody explain to me what milk actually does?! Mine is currently chocolate.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Hardtarget posted:

So can somebody explain to me what milk actually does?! Mine is currently chocolate.

The kitten upgrades increase your CPS based on how much milk you have.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Ok, so I finally got my second LUCKY Golden cookie, do they count for true neverclick? I hope not. now to just sit back and watch the cookies pour in

Hardtarget
Mar 28, 2010

Rolls on Shabbos

LAY-ZX posted:

The kitten upgrades increase your CPS based on how much milk you have.

aaaah, ok. I only just unlocked Kitten Helpers.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Hardtarget posted:

aaaah, ok. I only just unlocked Kitten Helpers.

There are three kitten upgrades, they all improve your cps. If my math is right, the first one gives you +5% at 100 milk, the second gives +10% at 100 milk, and the third gives +20% at 100 milk. The exact amount they give scales with milk. More milk = more +cps%.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
If you use a Pledge or activate Covenant during a blood cookie chain, will the chain keep going but with gold cookies?

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Someone has to write "Get Lucky" as "Bake Cookies", it would be Cookie Clicker's theme song :allears:

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

I refreshed the page this morning and it looks like I'm having trouble chaining golden cookies into a frenzy+lucky combo now (golden cookies don't seem to be spawning anymore while frenzy is up).

Has anyone else noticed this, or am I just missing them?

Kazanir
Apr 28, 2010

Ok so, I need advice.

I am at 180 cursors, 66 time machines, and the only upgrades remaining are:

1. Sacrificial rolling pins (not really worth 28T I think)

2. The 3 99T cookie upgrades

3. Get Lucky! For 77T

4. If I buy the last 20 cursors, Quintillion Fingers for 50T.

I don't know what the most efficient play is and the spreadsheet is telling me to buy grandmas. Help!

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
If you're consistently clicking on golden cookies, get that upgrade.

Since you're already keeping an eye on the cookies, might as well turn off the covenant and buy pledges, the rolling pin will double their effectiveness.

After that I'd slowly work my way up to 200 cursors.

Hardtarget
Mar 28, 2010

Rolls on Shabbos

Spiffo posted:

There are three kitten upgrades, they all improve your cps. If my math is right, the first one gives you +5% at 100 milk, the second gives +10% at 100 milk, and the third gives +20% at 100 milk. The exact amount they give scales with milk. More milk = more +cps%.

Awesome, Just got the second cat. 13mil a second, my new cookie empire is slowly cooking along.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
What is the requisite for the Elder Pledge upgrade to last for one hour?

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Geight posted:

What is the requisite for the Elder Pledge upgrade to last for one hour?

Buy it 10 times then buy the upgrade you unlock.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
I have a base CpS of 716,465,918.4. When in a double-length frenzy, I have 5,015,261,428.7.

Should I hit an Elder Frenzy while in a regular frenzy, would that multiply my CpS by 666 to get to 3,340,164,111,514.2 Cps, or 40,081,969,338,170.4 cookies over those 12 seconds?

Because I frenzy and elder frenzy stack, I have been advised by my scientists that it would be (and they used these words directly) "pretty loving boss."

Do they stack? Has anyone had it happen?

tractor fanatic
Sep 9, 2005

Pillbug
They do not; when you get a frenzy it overwrites any other frenzy you have going. Regular and blood frenzy only. Click frenzy is a different thing.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
Frenzy and Blood Frenzy do not stack. What happens is when Frenzy starts, it sets a certain variable (normally set to 1) to 7, then multiplies cookies gained by that. When Blood Frenzy starts, it sets that same variable to 666, overriding the 7 if you were in frenzy.

Besides, the odds of getting Frenzy followed by Blood Frenzy are incredibly low, since you only get Frenzy from golden cookies and Blood Frenzy from blood cookies, and the odds of getting Blood Frenzy are already incredibly low.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Right, to get the maximum benefit from a Lucky Golden Cookie, it's your CPS x 18,000 you need. Seems like with the double length Frenzy upgrade it's very much worth having CPS x 126,000. I'm sure somebody's spotted this already, but I don't remember seeing it mentioned in the thread.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

tractor fanatic posted:

They do not; when you get a frenzy it overwrites any other frenzy you have going. Regular and blood frenzy only. Click frenzy is a different thing.

If you get click frenzy on top of normal frenzy, it does stack multiply your cookies per click. Which is amazing.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
Hrm, that development has been characterized as "weak sauce".

But it does impact the "lower of 10% of bank or 30 minutes of production" rule, right?

Or have I spent nearly 78 trillion dollars of something that makes the kinda crappy golden cookie outcome only slightly less crappy?

Kazanir
Apr 28, 2010

The benefit is that now you have 144 seconds of 7x production. If you get the not-so-crappy golden cookie outcome (the 10% or 30-minutes whichever is lower) during that time, which happens relatively frequently, suddenly that 30 minutes of production is 30 minutes of the 7x production you are currently running.

This means that the cap on that golden cookie outcome is now much higher, which owns.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Antifreeze Head posted:

78 trillion dollars

What?

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Kazanir posted:

The benefit is that now you have 144 seconds of 7x production. If you get the not-so-crappy golden cookie outcome (the 10% or 30-minutes whichever is lower) during that time, which happens relatively frequently, suddenly that 30 minutes of production is 30 minutes of the 7x production you are currently running.

This means that the cap on that golden cookie outcome is now much higher, which owns.

Yeah, the double-length thing makes frenzies overlap with the next cookie pretty often. That means the Lucky bonus often becomes 7x better. More than enough to make up for what you spent on the upgrade.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

Er... cookies...

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
If we could hook this game up to one of those 'use your computer to help research cancer' programs we could have every disease cured in a week.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Now that everything takes forever to do even one upgrade to cursors, I'm pretty done with this game. Had fun for a few days letting it run and checking back every now and then to buy stuff. Now there's very little satisfaction in leaving it running all day while I'm at school or work, and coming home to see that I can almost buy one thing.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

LibbyM posted:

Now that everything takes forever to do even one upgrade to cursors, I'm pretty done with this game. Had fun for a few days letting it run and checking back every now and then to buy stuff. Now there's very little satisfaction in leaving it running all day while I'm at school or work, and coming home to see that I can almost buy one thing.

Towards the end it becomes an actual game again; you need to click golden cookies to get anywhere.

Svartvit
Jun 18, 2005

al-Qabila samaa Bahth

LAY-ZX posted:

Towards the end it becomes an actual game again; you need to click golden cookies to get anywhere.

"Actual game" is a little over the top. It becomes more of a chore. Something you do because you have an empty hole in life to fill.

/ Mr. 200 cursors & 98 time machines

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Kazanir posted:

Ok so, I need advice.

I am at 180 cursors, 66 time machines, and the only upgrades remaining are:

1. Sacrificial rolling pins (not really worth 28T I think)

2. The 3 99T cookie upgrades

3. Get Lucky! For 77T

4. If I buy the last 20 cursors, Quintillion Fingers for 50T.

I don't know what the most efficient play is and the spreadsheet is telling me to buy grandmas. Help!

Technically speaking, Grandmas might be the most cost effective purchase (also, if you have less than 128 since that's part of an achievement). Otherwise, just start slowly building up to Get Lucky. It may be worth it to buy a few Time Machines and Cursors along the way however as your CpS right now probably isn't all that great. The spreadsheet won't tell you when to buy Get Lucky also since there's really no way to figure when it's most cost effective to buy it.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Svartvit posted:

"Actual game" is a little over the top. It becomes more of a chore. Something you do because you have an empty hole in life to fill.

/ Mr. 200 cursors & 98 time machines

Well obviously that's what I meant.

Excuse me for a moment I have to go click some cookies.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Antifreeze Head posted:

Er... cookies...

I'm sure the hyper-rich see dollars the same way we see cookies.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Level Slide posted:

I'm sure the hyper-rich see dollars the same way we see cookies.

That explains so much about the state of the world nowadays.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

mic drop

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Look out! It's a disguised "Hard Reset" button!

Thorias
Jun 3, 2008
Every time I click Elder Covenant when I have enough cookies, it does nothing. I guess the Grandmatriarchs are not to be pleased. :(

Hardtarget
Mar 28, 2010

Rolls on Shabbos
guys.
guys.

My milk has gone strawberry!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Svartvit
Jun 18, 2005

al-Qabila samaa Bahth
Finally......