Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Someone is going to have to explain why this picture is funny. In my defence, I'm Australian and know nothing about baseball.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Memento1979 posted:

Someone is going to have to explain why this picture is funny. In my defence, I'm Australian and know nothing about baseball.

How do you spell college in Australia?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Memento1979 posted:

You apparently never went to colllege, either.

edit: f,b

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Ragequit posted:

How do you spell college in Australia?

By not being a moron like me. Thanks, I thought the funny was that it was some manner of finals series and no one was there to watch it.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Memento1979 posted:

By not being a moron like me. Thanks, I thought the funny was that it was some manner of finals series and no one was there to watch it.

It's okay. Make amends for your error by posting a funny picture of a bear doing something silly. Please note that koalas and pandas are not bears.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CtrlAltDeath
Oct 24, 2003

Your bra bomb better work, Nerdlinger!
From http://knockoffbootlegs.tumblr.com/ -

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

This is my town. There are several better Italian places than this. They failed in a town that has more restaurants per capita than any other city in the country. Over saturation.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

It's okay. Make amends for your error by posting a funny picture of a bear doing something silly. Please note that koalas and pandas are not bears.

Pandas are bears, yo

Force McCocken
Dec 9, 2004
Rational political thought and discourse is dead. Personally, I blame you.

freeedr posted:

This is my town. There are several better Italian places than this. They failed in a town that has more restaurants per capita than any other city in the country. Over saturation.

So what town is it?

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Force McCocken posted:

So what town is it?

Amarillo, Texas. I don't blame them for the rest of the insults listed there if they aren't from the area. I would never move here from somewhere else. People are saying it was probably a vandal that put it up and not the proprietors of the store, though.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

There's a type of succulent called lithops which is pretty much a 'stealth cactus'.
See if you can spot the lithops amongst all these stones:

There's no stones, it's all lithops.

semiavrage
Apr 28, 2007

I'll show them... I'll show ALL of them...

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oh. Oh my god. I followed the site link in the corner of the image out of curiosity and there's animated shorts :magical:.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgyPNnQ5fqU

Oh my god, I love the terrible "sound-alike" of Back in Black.

Trevor Scantron
Nov 6, 2009

freeedr posted:

Amarillo, Texas. I don't blame them for the rest of the insults listed there if they aren't from the area. I would never move here from somewhere else. People are saying it was probably a vandal that put it up and not the proprietors of the store, though.

Whatup Amarillo buddy. I moved away when I graduated years ago and recently had to move to Clovis for awhile. I took my wife to see where I grew up and it's like that place exists in some kind of time bubble where it's always like 15 years behind.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

freeedr posted:

If Kitchen Nightmares has taught me anything, it's that some restaurant owners are angry, arrogant and bitter as hell.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.

The flying narwhal is the best. Also with all the head trauma they take you think they would wear the helmets.

origami manatee
Oct 21, 2010

I made food

Darth Freddy posted:

Also with all the head trauma they take you think they would wear the helmets.

It was established earlier in the season that helmets are for wussies :colbert:

RedTeam
Feb 5, 2011

SHAZAM!

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

This pretty much matches the picture I've gotten of Britain from the news over the years.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Needs more pregnant teenagers to be britain.jpg.

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
I thought the latest thing was buying counterfit booze from under the counter.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Ratjaculation posted:

That's a dolphin.

killer whale. Or orca.

Orcat.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Bored posted:

killer whale. Or orca.

Orcat.

Orcas are dolphins!

It's a whole different kettle of fish (well, mammal) so the mecha suit wouldn't work... I assume.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
I want the Humpback Whaletank

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008
The mecha-whale picture was posted two pages ago. Why are you folks still discussing it?

:psyduck:

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Brother Jonathan posted:

The mecha-whale picture was posted two pages ago. Why are you folks still discussing it?

It's a fun picture.

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

Because Mecha-whales are loving awesome?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Brother Jonathan posted:

I don't understand this question

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Brother Jonathan posted:

Oh great, now we're discussing why we're discussing something. Meta-derail. Thanks Obama!

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Ratjaculation posted:

Orcas are dolphins!

It's a whole different kettle of fish (well, mammal) so the mecha suit wouldn't work... I assume.

:ssh: The actual odd one out is the tank whale, which is more distantly related from the toothed whales (including the Orca) than the toothed whales are to each other.

Hopefully it will be soon revealed in the MechaWhale canon that sharks became dumber along side of whales getting smarter.

Mak0rz has a new favorite as of 20:47 on Sep 6, 2013

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Brother Jonathan posted:

Mecha-whales are an important topic of discussion for goons

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I can't for the life of me figure out what goons see in MechaWhales.

They're just massive mammalian creatures with a different kind of intelligence given the ability to communicate with people and finally move on land thanks to technology.

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

Brother Jonathan posted:

I wasn't asking for explanations about why goons are discussing Mechawhales. Let me try again:

SHUT UP ABOUT MECHAWHALES!

Start a thread somewhere if you must discuss them, but this thread needs more funny pictures.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I can't for the life of me figure out what goons see in MechaWhales.

They're just massive mammalian creatures with a different kind of intelligence given the ability to communicate with people and finally move on land thanks to technology.

Kindred spirits.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
Possibly NWS for pierced man nipples.

http://i.imgur.com/4taaPI2.jpg

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Slime posted:

Kindred spirits.

:thejoke:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Flakey posted:

Possibly NWS for pierced man nipples.

http://i.imgur.com/4taaPI2.jpg

Long exposure to the internet allows me to feel solace in the fact that his chest tape says FAP and not CLOP. His deviance is within standardized norms.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Univeristy life in britain.jpeg.

Saying that even when I left university I was still a massive alcoholic so eh. Living with PHD students doesn't help I guess but I mean drinking on your own sucks.

Golden Dragon
Apr 9, 2007

Always speak politely to an enraged Dragon

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

It's from The Onion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Brother Jonathan posted:

I wasn't asking for explanations about why goons are discussing Mechawhales. Let me try again:

SHUT UP ABOUT MECHAWHALES!

Start a thread somewhere if you must discuss them, but this thread needs more funny pictures.

Yes boss.

Oh hey, what's up. I fixed your string while you were gone.

• Locked thread