Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I'm standing by my 7 goals because either I'm right or Jozy is amazingly poo poo. I win either way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
What will happen first, a goal or an own goal? He showed promise at a future OG with that poo poo sequence that lead to the goal last night

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
10+ goals

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small
I predicted 9 goals but I was actually referring to Jozy's personal life goals.

For example,

- spending more time with his family
- calling old friends that he hasn't spoken to in a while
- never leaving dirty dishes in the sink overnight
- hand writing a letter (what a lost art!)

and so forth.

Can anyone close to Jozy please help me confirm that I am still on track to winning this?

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's a lost art indeed, my friend tremendous homo.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

tremendous homo posted:

For example,

and so forth.

Can anyone close to Jozy please help me confirm that I am still on track to winning this?

These sorts of goals are specifically excluded in the OP.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

oliwan posted:

10+ goals

Is he returning to the Dutch league?

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

Is he returning to the Dutch league?

If we are allowing such general statements as that (something I thought was implicitly NOT allowed) then I would like the opportunity to change my prediction to J ≥ 0 where J is the number of goals Jozy scores as specified in the OP.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
No, 13 goals in the Barclays.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Does an own goal count against Jozy's goal tally

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

tremendous homo posted:

For example,

and so forth.

I liked this post kwagga.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I'd have liked it more if kwagga had bothered to read the OP.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
my gut instinct tells me jozy is about to get a week off, get the rest he needs, and go on a scoring spree

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Pissflaps posted:

I'd have liked it more if kwagga had bothered to read the OP.

They're good goals imo, maybe another goal Jozy could have is to pass up dessert except on special occasions. Also only eat until full, not beyond. No comfort eating as well. Really get that weight issue under control. Hes fat.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Jozy needs to get into shape if he is serious about being a professional footballer. I blame American food culture.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Jozy is a millionaire and its disgraceful how bad he is for all that money

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Pissflaps posted:

Jozy needs to get into shape if he is serious about being a professional footballer. I blame American food culture.

Reckon they have parmos in Sunderland?

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

jyrka posted:

Reckon they have parmos in Sunderland?

Not any more

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Pissflaps posted:

It might not be his fault he could be trapped in a food desert

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Tbh if you'd grown up in America and then realised what cheese and bacon really are you're gonna get fat too.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

serious gaylord posted:

Tbh if you'd grown up in America and then realised what cheese and bacon really are you're gonna get fat too.
Add in the inevitable munchies during his time playing for Alkmaar and I'm amazed he didn't end up like Jardel at Bolton.

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.

vaginal culture posted:

They're good goals imo, maybe another goal Jozy could have is to pass up dessert except on special occasions. Also only eat until full, not beyond. No comfort eating as well. Really get that weight issue under control. Hes fat.

Maybe his goal should be to score a goal. Makes you think.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

To be fair, when Altidore was at Hull I really didn't pay much attention to him so in a way I thought hating on Altidore was just hazing the new big lad on the block, like hating on Carroll. But no, he is actually that poo poo.

He's so poo poo I'd not want him anywhere in Belgium. He's so poo poo Jared Jeffrey, an American who's so poo poo he never played a single match for the first team for Club Brugge (and believe me, a lot of poo poo has passed that first team), would go "loving hell Di Canio, I'm right here".

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

serious gaylord posted:

Yeah but somehow he's kept on the weight after going to England which is a culinary wasteland

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

serious gaylord posted:

As an American and someone that predicted an absurdly high number of goals, my feelings have been hurt so many times in this thread, but this post cuts the deepest of all. Our bacon is delicious god drat it.

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002
Jozy's bacon a poo poo pie for you guys, chock-full of his youtube highlights.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

trem_two posted:

As an American and someone that predicted an absurdly high number of goals, my feelings have been hurt so many times in this thread, but this post cuts the deepest of all. Our bacon is delicious god drat it.

It's dreadful.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
meat is murder

pork is filth

all praise due jah the most high rasta far i

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Jota posted:

Yeah but somehow he's kept on the weight after going to England which is a culinary wasteland

True, even Polish people mock British cuisine. That's bad.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Stay on topic please ameritrolls don't get this thread closed just because your boy jozy is a fat fraud who has been found out in the big boy league.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
There's no Barclay's Premier League on NBC Sports featuring The Sunderland Black Cats this weekend. This seems like a perfectly appropriate conversation given these circumstances.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Shop around for strikers! Always loving shop for strikers. Strikers are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain 1 goal per match at some Holland poverty league for 2 seasons. Find one that makes sense.

Change your tactics, play a trequartista if you think it makes sense, but for the love of gently caress, shop around for strikers.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
lol great advice op

All Of The Dicks
Apr 7, 2012

Wait, do you seriously not have bacon in the north of England?

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

All Of The Dicks posted:

It's called proper bacon and comes from healthy pigs happy to give of themselves, not the genetically engineered misshapen monstrosities that could join the US men's cycling team easily.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Von Linus posted:

It's called proper bacon and comes from healthy pigs happy to give of themselves, not the genetically engineered misshapen monstrosities that could join the US men's cycling team easily.

Lmao

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

All Of The Dicks posted:

How did you conclude this from this discussion?

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

All Of The Dicks posted:

nice strawman :rolleyes:

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

All Of The Dicks posted:

If you go a bit above the north of England, they don't wear pants, either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small
In England, pants are called leg sleevies.

• Locked thread