Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ganeen
Mar 3, 2004

I made this, isn't it offensive?
Goddamn, I hate Jews. All hiding in the moutains in Pakistan and shit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beardless Riker
Apr 14, 2005

M3wThr33 posted:

Anyone else notice the odd aliasing on the giant cookie when you click it?

I'll explain. You know how it stays a bit shrunk if you hold down the mouse button?

About 1/4 second after it's shrunk all the way, it shrinks just a LITTLE bit more? It's like it sparkles/flickers just a bit.

There's nothing really odd about it at all. When you have the mouse clicked down it's the same image as the regular cookie, just shrunk. What's throwing your brain off here is the transition effect they use to simulate the button being pushed. Look at the cookie when you click it, notice how it changes immediately, and how it changes back to what it was originally when you hold the button down, just smaller. There's nothing mysterious here.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
Is there a version of Cookie Monster that doesn't have the bright flash? It's kind of annoying.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Lord have mercy ...

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Kgummy posted:

Is there a version of Cookie Monster that doesn't have the bright flash? It's kind of annoying.

You can disable it on the menu page.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Kgummy posted:

Menu, scroll down, hit "Flash Screen ON" button.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
I have 75 Heavenly Chips. if I reset, I can get 298. Obviously I'm waiting til 300 for a nice even number, the question is... should I wait for 400?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Would restarting for the first time after completing my 100th time machine make sense? Should I let cookies build up while I sleep and then reset in the morning?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Geight posted:

Would restarting for the first time after completing my 100th time machine make sense? Should I let cookies build up while I sleep and then reset in the morning?

If you're about to go sleep, reset in the morning; it makes no sense to reset and then go to bed while your cps is like 3.

That said, I reset a little while ago (once I hot 100% achievements) and picked up my first antimatter condenser in ~30 minutes, so it's not like you'll need to have a whole day ahead of you.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Yeah I think I'll wait until the morning and then see if I can't take advantage of a day off to fish for True Neverclick.

technolizard
May 19, 2013
Help this game is turning me into a grandma

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

technolizard posted:

Where are the stroopwafels or zebra cookies or palmiers or eclipse cookies?

drat it grand ma, WHERE ARE MY EMPIRE BISCUITS?!

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

technolizard posted:

Your CPS is pathetic, step it up. I bet only your dog likes your cookies.

Man those look good. :smith:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The neighborhood raccoon doesnt even touch your cookies.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I made some snicker-doodles on Friday but I didn't have a camera to take a picture of them. They were delicious and I shared them with all my friends.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Why don't you have an enormous chocolate chip on the top left part of each cookie, you need to make realistic cookies.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Those look suspiciously baked and home-made. I prefer my cookies straight from the trees.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

SynthOrange posted:

Those look suspiciously baked and home-made. I prefer my cookies straight from the trees.

Anti-matter cookies are the only true cookie. They're anti-cookie.

They are also anti-nazi, anti-milk, anti-sex, anti-oxygen, anti-grandma.

SlayVus fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Sep 17, 2013

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

technolizard posted:

Please mail some of these to me, they look delicious, tia

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

technolizard posted:

why would you ever COOK cookies?

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
Jesus, I'm such an idiot for holding off on the kitten engineer upgrade. It basically doubled my output, now up to 1.18 billion cps.

Also, madeleines aren't really cookies, but I don't care because them shits is delicious.

gently caress, now I wanna bake up some cookies.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Can we get some of that awesome fanart on the OP?

We're almost at 80 pages of cookie clicker discussion. :allears:

endlosnull
Dec 29, 2006

So I was real bored and I made this in about 2 hours.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52300935/CookieClickerFPS.html

I... I don't know how far I should go.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

My CpS is basically useless and I need ~170 lucky+frenzy cookies or 17 days to get the last 18 condensers. :smith:

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

AnonSpore posted:

I want to punch you in the nose too, because until you posted about it again I clicked a few times and didn't notice it and shrugged it off.

Now I see it.

I see everything.

It took me a while to see this, but goddamn if I can't unsee it. Jesus christ, this game.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"

endlosnull posted:

So I was real bored and I made this in about 2 hours.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52300935/CookieClickerFPS.html

I... I don't know how far I should go.

As the guy who made/is updating a Cookie Clicker shmup, you should go all the way.

WhitemageofDOOM
Sep 13, 2010

... It's magic. I ain't gotta explain shit.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

My CpS is basically useless and I need ~170 lucky+frenzy cookies or 17 days to get the last 18 condensers. :smith:

Time to reset for sweet sweet heavenly chips.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

WhitemageofDOOM posted:

Time to reset for sweet sweet heavenly chips.
134 feels low.

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.

technolizard posted:

Whoa whoa whoa, I've seen the PSA warning me about the dangers of "home made" cookies. You take that filth away from this thread.

I've emailed myself my save code so I can click cookies on my work laptop. Help.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c

It's not.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

God drat that's three times in a row the Lucky cookie has appeared the split second the Frenzy cookie expired :(

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

... there's Cookie Clicker/Attack on Titan crossover fanart. Amazing :allears:

If someone isn't making a version of that OP with just cookies in place of all the characters right now then I will be very disappointed in the internet. Maybe with a grandma in place of the colossal titan.

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Suaimhneas posted:

... there's Cookie Clicker/Attack on Titan crossover fanart. Amazing :allears:

If someone isn't making a version of that OP with just cookies in place of all the characters right now then I will be very disappointed in the internet. Maybe with a grandma in place of the colossal titan.

Attack on Cookie-clicker

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Kinda disappointed the titans are not grandmas and the cookies are the people, but good enough.

Squibidyflop
Jul 30, 2013

I never noticed the grandmas' breasts sagged so much. Perhaps I watched TOO closely...

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I think you are mistaken. Grandma's breasts are quite perky.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Her and Mega Milk should meet.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Truly this is a shining day for people who firmly believe the internet ruins everything, even things that start on the internet in the first place.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Reset, got four achievements and 60 heavenly chips. Now to kick back and wait for that sweet golden cookie.

e: MOTHERFUCKER I just tabbed in as it was fading away. It's gonna be a bit before I see another one with no upgrades, I expect. :smith:

Geight fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Sep 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Remember when making your first million cookies was like the best thing ever? A trillion is no longer enough. A quadrillion barely scratches that itch. I need a quintillion now, man, and it's oh so far away. I'm coming down off my sugar rush and everything tastes like ashes.

• Locked thread