Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Steinuh
Nov 17, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

The only important things that happened were Vogel got killed by Saxon, and then Dexter and Deb caught Saxon but Dexter didn't kill him. Instead he chose to let Deb arrest him, which led to the Marshall who was chasing Hannah letting Saxon go, getting himself killed. Saxon then shoots Deb and escape.

Congratulations you're all primed to watch the finale! Oh and Deb's not dead at least not yet since he shot her in the stomach or something I guess.

The sad thing is all these scenes are like 3 mins in 2hours of filler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Steinuh posted:

The sad thing is all these scenes are like 3 mins in 2hours of filler.

Also notice how I didn't mention Hannah? That's because her position of "is wanted by a Marshal and private eye who suspect she's involved with the Morgans" hasn't changed significantly for at least 3 episodes! Sure things happened with her like the Harrison hospital visit but it didn't significantly change her behavior or role in the story.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
Hannah's one character trait is that she just randomly poisons people. It's how she expresses herself. Remember that she poisoned Dexter just to say hello this season.

She probably poisoned Deb's bottle as a way of saying 'Have a good trip, drive safe!' Either that or she drinks poison and just left the bottle in the car by accident When she was trying to poison the steering wheel.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Actually, they showed some cut scenes where Hannah explains to Dexter how she has sensitive skin and gets really bad contact dermatitis so she can never use harsh chemical hair dyes or scratchy artificial wigs. She is too poor to get the most expensive real wigs except she isn't anymore but wig shopping is hard. She then tells Dexter about her rare form of incurable claustrophobia that compels her to linger around windows whenever she is inside.

Oh wait, that didn't happen. I've started watching Dexter the way you listen to jazz. It's really about the scenes they don't show you.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Dazerbeams posted:

Could someone recap the past 2 episodes? I thought I could make myself keep watching but I don't know anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xtvsiB7MZQ

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Regy Rusty posted:

Also notice how I didn't mention Hannah? That's because her position of "is wanted by a Marshal and private eye who suspect she's involved with the Morgans" hasn't changed significantly for at least 3 episodes!

I love that the US Marshall got killed off and nothing significant has changed about the Dexter and Hannah plot besides the fact that one more item has been checked off the list of "dumb poo poo getting in the way of Dexter and Hannah leaving and the show ending". In better shows, something like that would have repercussions. Here, it doesn't really affect anything apart from there being one less non-character failing to capture Dexter or Hannah.

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

dammit, all these videos keep getting taken down before I get to see them.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar

King Vidiot posted:

I love that the US Marshall got killed off and nothing significant has changed about the Dexter and Hannah plot besides the fact that one more item has been checked off the list of "dumb poo poo getting in the way of Dexter and Hannah leaving and the show ending". In better shows, something like that would have repercussions. Here, it doesn't really affect anything apart from there being one less non-character failing to capture Dexter or Hannah.

Consequences? Like, the US Marshall recently had Deb's house tossed because he suspected she was harbouring a serial killer and he had just been murdered and Deb was found shot - WTIH HIS GUN! - next to his corpse.

Those kind of consequences, maybe? No, I'm sure Dexter's fine to leave the country now. It won't look weird at all.

"Well, sure I'd love to stay here with my mortally wounded sister as suspicion that she just stabbed a US Marshall to death hovers over her, but these airline tickets are nonrefundable, you know. So gotta go. If Deb wakes up, tell her I wish her all the best at her trial and looking for a new job."

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Gorilla Salad posted:

Consequences? Like, the US Marshall recently had Deb's house tossed because he suspected she was harbouring a serial killer and he had just been murdered and Deb was found shot - WTIH HIS GUN! - next to his corpse.

Those kind of consequences, maybe? No, I'm sure Dexter's fine to leave the country now. It won't look weird at all.

"Well, sure I'd love to stay here with my mortally wounded sister as suspicion that she just stabbed a US Marshall to death hovers over her, but these airline tickets are nonrefundable, you know. So gotta go. If Deb wakes up, tell her I wish her all the best at her trial and looking for a new job."

Just look... look at the show you're watching now, and tell me that something realistic or well written is going to happen and there are going to be actual repercussions for the Marshall's death, and that there isn't going to be some magic bullet or plot hole that's just going to resolve that thread immediately in the next episode.

Can you really tell me that, at this point in the show, and mean it?

Doctor Claw
Dec 25, 2007
I'll get you next time Gadget - next time!
A friend of mine wrote this....

Deb V.O.: "I've been shot, I'm bleeding ... it's blood, I'd better call for back up."

Ghost Harry: "Deb, look! There's blood coming out of your body...you're bleeding! The body needs a certain amount of blood to survive. You'd better call 911 immediately after you finish this conversation with your dead father."

Deb V.O.: "Okay, I'm going to take out my phone and dial the number for..."

Ghost Harry: "Deb? You okay? Deb? Deb?"

They should have a Dexter themed restaurant in Miami called Papa's. When you enter they give you a headset - like in a museum - that narrates every step of your meal ("Here comes my plate. It has food on it." "Noodles. As tangled as my complicated life.") and a hologram Ghost Harry can sit next to you ("Dex, be careful. That plate might be hot!"). Oh, and naturally there's a breakfast special called "Voice Over My Hammy."

Also, this video has some interesting ideas. They actually give all the characters something interesting to do.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl407-PZa3k

ProfessorLoomis
Apr 5, 2007

I LUST FOR MONKEY DEATH
At the end, I hope as Harry is explaining what just happened to Dexter in the most expositional way possible, they hear a distinct siren, and out of nowhere, the Ecto 1 stops in front of them. Winston Zeddmore steps out, and wordlessly puts on his proton pack. Harry is quickly captured and incarcerated in a trap. Winston walks over to Dexter.

"Looks like you had class 4 full roaming expositional poltergeist, we're running a special this week.."

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

ProfessorLoomis posted:

At the end, I hope as Harry is explaining what just happened to Dexter in the most expositional way possible, they hear a distinct siren, and out of nowhere, the Ecto 1 stops in front of them. Winston Zeddmore steps out, and wordlessly puts on his proton pack. Harry is quickly captured and incarcerated in a trap. Winston walks over to Dexter.

"Looks like you had class 4 full roaming expositional poltergeist, we're running a special this week.."

:allears: With thermal mugs and free balloons for the kids.

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Bitterly Clinging to my AK47 and Das Kapital

I've never seen a single episode of Dexter, but I was vaguely aware of the premise and knew it was on its final season. I figured I would read the thread and see if it was going to end well. I'm definitely not going to bother wasting any time watching this show, but reading the thread has been a treat. Especially the putting beards on kids and killer treadmills. I wish Scott Buck was here to read this.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

President Kucinich posted:

I've never seen a single episode of Dexter, but I was vaguely aware of the premise and knew it was on its final season. I figured I would read the thread and see if it was going to end well. I'm definitely not going to bother wasting any time watching this show, but reading the thread has been a treat. Especially the putting beards on kids and killer treadmills. I wish Scott Buck was here to read this.
At the very least watch the first two seasons, if you enjoyed it stick around to the end of the fourth season and act like it finished there.

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

You should watch the first 4 seasons. They are actually good

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I've never seen a single episode of Dexter...

Fair enough!

I'm definitely not going to bother wasting any time watching this show...

Probably a sound plan!

I think at this point long-time "fans" of the show shouldn't even encourage people to start watching. I liked Dexter for what it was for the first 4-ish seasons, barring most of 3, but looking back I don't know that it was worth it. It turned into a huge pile of poo poo, yeah, but from what? A generally-entertaining show that was good but not great, where the main draw was the premise and Michael C. Hall. You can definitely live without watching a single episode of Dexter, it wasn't that good even when it was good.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)
It is devastating to know that Dexter is the longest running hour-long cable drama. This show deserves absolutely zero records, and I look forward to the day that record is beaten.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
If you want to watch a good show with Michael C. Hall just watch 6 Feet Under. After that finishes and you want to watch another show with him, just watch it again.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

bobkatt013 posted:

If you want to watch a good show with Michael C. Hall just watch 6 Feet Under. After that finishes and you want to watch another show with him, just watch it again.

Best advice.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

ProfessorLoomis posted:

This would redeem the season.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

It is so close you guys. The end of Dexter. I am finally getting excited this season. Three more days!

Lipset and Rock On
Jan 18, 2009

Dexter auditions for his new job in Argentina, as a mime.

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:
Since it's the final episode does anyone know if it's going to be longer than normal? Please say no and that it might actually be shorter than usual :ohdear:

Lipset and Rock On posted:

Dexter auditions for his new job in Argentina, as a mime.
A mime that only interacts with physical objects would actually kinda rule and probably make a better show than the possible spinoffs :unsmith:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ror posted:

It is so close you guys. The end of Dexter. I am finally getting excited this season. Three more days!

I'm genuinely excited for all the wrong reasons. Spoilers on how it ends conflict so there's no clear outcome so I'm going in with a sense of dread of not actually knowing what's coming (which has made the last few episode somewhat bearable) and eagerness to see which of the spoilers is right.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Keeping my fingers crossed for death-bed incest as Hurricane Biological Mother levels Miami and kills everyone.

Gaussian
Sep 20, 2001

I'll give you a box of chocolates if you kill me.

Nap Ghost
The final episode lasts 8 minutes and consists solely of every actor and writer from beyond season 4 flipping off the camera and laughing.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

It ends with a fadeout of Michael C Hall counting his millions of dollars in cash and staring at the audience in disgust.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'm genuinely excited for all the wrong reasons. Spoilers on how it ends conflict so there's no clear outcome so I'm going in with a sense of dread of not actually knowing what's coming (which has made the last few episode somewhat bearable) and eagerness to see which of the spoilers is right.

Hint: it's the dumb one.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

zylche posted:

At the very least watch the first two seasons, if you enjoyed it stick around to the end of the fourth season and act like it finished there.

I know I'vesaid it before, but they really should have ended the series at the conclusion of season 4. It would make so much more sense than this crap they are leaving us with the past couple seasons. You get the nice symmetry of born in blood, you get Dexter learning a really important lesson that his actions can directly affect the people closest to him, and you leave the viewers with a nice nurture/nature debate.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

User-Friendly posted:

Hint: it's the dumb one.

They're both dumb! Incredibly dumb!

Marley Wants More
Oct 22, 2005

woof

TMMadman posted:

I know I'vesaid it before, but they really should have ended the series at the conclusion of season 4. It would make so much more sense than this crap they are leaving us with the past couple seasons. You get the nice symmetry of born in blood, you get Dexter learning a really important lesson that his actions can directly affect the people closest to him, and you leave the viewers with a nice nurture/nature debate.

In hindsight, yeah. But I would have been terribly disappointed if the last episode of that season had been the series finale. After Season 4 justified my admiration for what Dexter could be, I expected it to keep getting better. We had no way of knowing that was the beginning of an awful downward spiral, and just how deep into absurdity it would go.

Tom Toddlesworth
Nov 4, 2008

There is something profoundly erotic about the cosmos.

Gaussian posted:

The final episode lasts 8 minutes and consists solely of every actor and writer from beyond season 4 flipping off the camera and laughing.

a finale planned for years

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Junkfist posted:

Keeping my fingers crossed for death-bed incest as Hurricane Biological Mother levels Miami and kills everyone.

I'm gonna be genuinely disappointed if after 8 loving years we don't even get so much as a brother/sister kiss.

origami manatee
Oct 21, 2010

I made food
Did Dexter ever sell his boat or did he give up because one dude didn't like the beer cooler and leave it there to rot or something?

This is literally a plot point I'd like to have clarified before the series finale of the serial killer tv drama "Dexter"

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

origami manatee posted:

Did Dexter ever sell his boat or did he give up because one dude didn't like the beer cooler and leave it there to rot or something?

This is literally a plot point I'd like to have clarified before the series finale of the serial killer tv drama "Dexter"
I totally forgot about that! I've been so focused on who's going to buy his apartment since it turned out the one who made the offer was actually Saxon!

Now he doesn't have a buyer! :supaburn:

Marley Wants More
Oct 22, 2005

woof
I think what that's all about is, they need the boat for the climax but if he didn't at least make a token effort to sell it people would think it didn't make sense that he didn't sell it.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

They're both dumb! Incredibly dumb!

:thejoke:

No matter how the show ends, it will be bad.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Marley Wants More posted:

I think what that's all about is, they need the boat for the climax but if he didn't at least make a token effort to sell it people would think it didn't make sense that he didn't sell it.

He's fleeing the loving country with a serial killer who's being hunted by the US Marshals! The fact that he didn't take Hannah and Harrison to loving Cuba the day he got her away from that rich guy is the part that doesn't make sense!

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:

origami manatee posted:

He didn't find a buyer for the boat unfortunately. The good news is that you could literally buy Dexter's boat in real life and install a bigger beer cooler on your own!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
So since I assume most of us won't be watching it live, but should we feel relieved when we ourselves, watch it conclude or should feel like we have paid our penance as soon as the clock rolls over (and most of us probably finish next week's episode of Breaking Bad)?

• Locked thread