Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

John Murdoch posted:

Throwing in another :getin:, but are those new guns she's holding as well? Or old guns with new parts?
90% sure the gun in her right hand is an AUG which always look funky from above and I'm relatively sure the one in her left is a P90 but I may be wrong. So no new guns :(

Though if you haven't been paying much attention there have been tweets of a knockoff MP40 and a STG 550 so those are hopefully coming at some point or another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

:scotland::glomp:

"You're going to be...amazing."

Pimpmust posted:

Already told you man,

"Nothing to report here"

"Uh, your voice sounds... deeper?"

Dr Girlfriend voice :colbert:

Why aren't you taking this money I'm throwing at you. Just please make this happen.

Feeble posted:

knockoff MP40

http://world.guns.ru/smg/swed/carl-gustaf-m45-e.html

:colbert:

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Gustav_M/45

quote:

The m/45 SMG was developed in 1944–45, with a design borrowing from and also improving on many design elements of earlier submachine guns. The sheet metal stamping techniques used in making the German MP 40, the British Sten, and the Soviet PPSh-41 and PPS-43 were studied in detail.

"knockoff MP40" stands.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Guillermus posted:

I'd buy that. I'm totally serious. Think about heisting an old german castle filled up with nazis and getting all the bling inside. As much as I'd like to have more heists, big banks etc... I want to see some batshit crazy stuff like a heist on Black Mesa, Castle Wolfenstein and trying to steal the blueprints for the BFG9000 in Doom's mars base. Bring it, either overkill or the community. :colbert:

I want people who made awesome things to allow this- like Valve being able to do so or whoever Tarantino allowing a mission based off parts of Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs as long as he gets his much needed full body and overly long voice cameo.

I want more movie references.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Is there any talk over how thick her accent will be? I kind of want her Gaelic lilt to be able to even confuse or compete with Wolf's skill of incomprehensibility when she's threatening civvies, taunting cops or singing a victory cheer only she understands. It'd be pretty easy to add in extra lines of Chains or Dallas sometimes responding with a "What" to some of her commands.

I really want Heisters talking to each other more. :(

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Sep 20, 2013

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Rapdawg posted:

I want people who made awesome things to allow this- like Valve being able to do so or whoever Tarantino allowing a mission based off parts of Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs as long as he gets his much needed full body and overly long voice cameo.

I want more movie references.

Tarantino or Robert Rodriquez would probably be all over voice-work or letting people "borrow" their ideas for a game like Payday 2, if anybody ever asked them. Robert Rodriguez probably already plays the game.

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

:scotland::glomp:

"You're going to be...amazing."

Crabtree posted:

Is there any talk over how thick her accent will be? I kind of want her Gaelic lilt to be able to even confuse or compete with Wolf's skill of incomprehensibility when she's threatening civvies, taunting cops or singing a victory cheer only she understands. It'd be pretty easy to add in extra lines of Wolf sometimes responding with a "Bork?" to some of her commands.

I really want Heisters talking to each other more. :(

Fixed for me.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Every car is a knockoff model T. Next are you going to tell me the AK was a knockoff of the StG44?

Seriously, Germany had a hosed up industry. Ask the tanks people (or rossmum) about how they built tanks and why they were loving themselves over constantly.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

King Vidiot posted:

Tarantino or Robert Rodriquez would probably be all over voice-work or letting people "borrow" their ideas for a game like Payday 2, if anybody ever asked them. Robert Rodriguez probably already plays the game.

So long as they do it sort of loosely, I'm sure they don't need permission. They more or less drew the inspiration for the whole game from Heat it seems like, the way Hotline Miami was inspired by Drive.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Some guy on the payday subreddit made this by request. It's not perfect but I like it :allears:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Aliginge posted:

Fixed for me.

I'm sorry, but Wolf can turn Mother loving Bulldozer into any word he wants. Being unable to understand him adds to his charm. :allears:

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD
It really annoys me that you have to use a pattern AND a material to customize masks. Most of the materials just destroy the detail and make the mask look like crap.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

padijun posted:

Some guy on the payday subreddit made this by request. It's not perfect but I like it :allears:

Oh my god can we customize guns yet? drat if I have not missed so much while in the world of Behavioral Psychology but the nice thing is my waiter (a large tall black man) got into a discussion with me when he asked if I gamed.. which lead to Steam.. which lead to which games.. which lead to Payday 2.. which lead to me asking him which character he plays before he gave me the look of do you need to ask and replied Chains. gently caress if he does not look like Chains thinking about it, and more than just because he was black. This motherfucker could pass as Chains, and I got his steam name on the recipt because I remembered that this was a date with my girlfriend and not a bro dinner.

Anyhow, I agree with Vatek. The detail of the masks are ruined by the material and there needs to be a no material option.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Vatek posted:

It really annoys me that you have to use a pattern AND a material to customize masks. Most of the materials just destroy the detail and make the mask look like crap.

Always preview the masks, and cancel if it looks crap. You can always default with the plastic, if I recall.

And I don't think you've found good material/mask combinations yet. I have a demon/pinecone combo, looks pretty good. Helps that I got the red/white and a good pattern, it's strait out of Japan, that design :japan:

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

Mistle posted:

Always preview the masks, and cancel if it looks crap. You can always default with the plastic, if I recall.

And I don't think you've found good material/mask combinations yet. I have a demon/pinecone combo, looks pretty good. Helps that I got the red/white and a good pattern, it's strait out of Japan, that design :japan:

I know that you can preview the mask, that's not what I'm talking about. I want to be able to use a pattern on the original texture of the mask. Currently you can't.

Smooth masks like the alienware or the dillinger death mask work great with materials but things like the zombie or the kawaii just lose all of the detail that the artist clearly spent a fair bit of time on.

Vatek fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Sep 20, 2013

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Vatek posted:

I know that you can preview the mask, that's not what I'm talking about. I want to be able to use a pattern on the original texture of the mask. Currently you can't.

Smooth masks like the alienware or the dillinger death mask work great with materials but things like the zombie or the kawaii just lose all of the detail that the artist clearly spent a fair bit of time on.

You're absolutely right. Has there been any feedback from the developers about this?

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Big Oil fun fact of the day: You can break the computer monitors in the lab, rendering them unreadable. It wasn't even in a fit of panic, we had already stealthed the house and I told everyone not to touch anything, but I guess somebody was bored! :cripes:

Thankfully it was only Very Hard and we had the plane keys (and the guy who did it apologized profusely). Ended up being the second engine.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Ah, my third hockey mask.

I love getting these, they're so easy to style!

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Caufman posted:

Hockey, skull and alien masks are my favourite because they look good with almost anything you do to them. Kawaii at the other hand... need to find something, really really really (SHUTUP BAIN) creepy for it.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Doctor Crime works very well with a large number of patterns.

The Swirls, Radioactive, Solid Green.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Guillermus posted:

Hockey, skull and alien masks are my favourite because they look good with almost anything you do to them. Kawaii at the other hand... need to find something, really really really (SHUTUP BAIN) creepy for it.

With the right colors and pattern my friend managed to make kawaii look kinda like a furry fox mask. Definitely the creepiest thing I've seen yet, but I couldn't get him to rename himself yiffmaster and troll pubbies with me.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

GotLag posted:

Woah, that one looks really nice. I have good materials and patterns but what i want the most is at least an extra page for new masks :(

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

"The female member of the crew. Is she playable or potentially does this mean we can get five people playing in a heist?"
@locust9: "4 people still. Playable."
"Will she have her own skill tree? I hope she fits in the "story" or else people will hate"
@locust9: "females participate in robberies. How we choose to motivate her inclusion is up to us."
@locust9: "and honestly. People will hate is a stupid loving position. Take risks. Make what you believe in."
"I myself would like to see how she fits but people start riots becuase of less..So thats what I am trying to say."
@locust9: "I understand and do not care. :)"
@locust9: "it is a game about heisting. We are not an SP game. I don't need a narrative crutch to excuse a character."
"First off, Don't you know how to use the print screen function to take screenshots? Secondly, why doesn't she have a tie?"
@locust9: "she should have a tie. work in progress. Second, if you say some poo poo like "don't you know how to do X", you're on thin ice."
"Agreed. My thoughts are towards class association. All four of the characters are tied with a class. What class is this new one?"
@locust9: "I already dropped one hint. :)"

"What do you think about allowing Ghosts or Masterminds to remove their masks while stealthily going through a heist?"
@locust9: "creates issues. But have talked about it. Would require radical redesign of states."

"you game needs to support more than 4 players. This isn't 2009 anymore, 4 player coop is an old idea and needs to grow. :)"
@locust9: "it has nothing to do with that. The game is balanced for four in all ways. five is Ui/balance/difficulty/frame rate == massive change"

"how about very rare free respec cards?"
@locust9: "good idea. Will add to list"

"could we get an option to sell or toss away unwanted mask parts? it sucks having to clear space by making a mask and selling it"
@locust9: "we are adding tabs.. And will add a sell."

@locust9: "Pride mask! #payday2 pic.twitter.com/PgtcvWF1zu"

"Gotta get the masks from Heat and the Town on here too!"
@locust9: "never fear"
"Enough masks! More weapons and weapons slots pls!"
@locust9: "we're working on those"

"shotgun taser"
@locust9: "sold"

"was thinking about cap limit for MM/Ghost neutralizing guards: how about MM can intimidate 3 guards but has to check them (cont)"
@locust9: "hmm. Special casey. But interesting."

@locust9: "Inspire ace fixed to 100% proc."
"For lack of better words, can you make Inspire more "accurate"? Domination to enemies seems to take priority over inspire 1/2"
@locust9: "takes prio cuz the proc doesn't work"
"One downside is that the basic/first 4 points in the Inspire skill become invalidated. Kind of a shame, no?"
@locust9: "I have an idea for that."

babies havin rabies
Feb 24, 2006

Holy poo poo, a playable female character in a videogame that isn't visibly sexualized. :golfclap:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I hope they don't give her a tie, I'm not sure it would work very well with the blouse she's wearing.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I demand she wear a bow tie and Dallas wear a bolo tie

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I hope they don't give her a tie, I'm not sure it would work very well with the blouse she's wearing.

With the collar over the jacket, a tie would be very unorthodox.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
She looks pretty good as is without the tie, a little more casual.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Payday 2: Sartorial Picks for All Your Bank-Robbing Needs

I like the no tie look as well. Business dress for women doesn't generally include one.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

GotLag posted:

Doctor Crime needs to have a pattern introduced that basically is a "Copyright" sign or something just so that jokes can be made about Doctor Doomed to be Sued by Disney.

As for the female character I'm liking the say she looks so far because basically shes wearing a suit just as classy as the guys which is all that really mattered to me- however I am hoping the FBI/CIA turned criminal backstory is a reality even if I think I heard that in a stupid forum post. Some non-American character voice would be nice.

The Gate posted:

Payday 2: Sartorial Picks for All Your Bank-Robbing Needs

I like the no tie look as well. Business dress for women doesn't generally include one.

I hope we get a DLC map pack of 80's or 90's heists just so that she can have the shoulder pad's of Dawn Steel.

KittySpinEcho
Jun 8, 2013

Be bear aware!

zylche posted:

@locust9: "females participate in robberies.

Everytime I come crashing down the stairs in diamond heist http://youtu.be/DB-k5r1XjWI

And then... this fantastic, big shiny tune gets stuck in my head http://youtu.be/JFSLFBAJdBI

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Rapdawg posted:

I am hoping the FBI/CIA turned criminal backstory is a reality even if I think I heard that in a stupid forum post. Some non-American character voice would be nice.

Well you can't have both, or else my immersion is ruined. :qq:

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Pilchenstein posted:

Well you can't have both, or else my immersion is ruined. :qq:

Oh I did not mean both, I meant either- or another nation's equivalent. INTERPOL would work in general, FBI would work since we've hosed with their office, CIA would be pissed if they were behind some of the drug/weapon trafficking that we stop and we get an Oliver North character- the situations are endless.

Or she'll just be female Mafia upset that she can't climb the ranks. Or just a woman who needs cash- an inner city mother who wants to give her kids the best drat life she was never offered. No way to tell but man the fan fiction I could write.

FellowAmerican
Oct 2, 2007
I'm too busy philosophizing to get up
While grinding Ukrainian job last night, there was a guy wearing Kawaii. After the round and before the payday, I told him that Kawaii was the worst and I hope I never get it.

Of course I got Kawaii on the payday. It couldn't believe it. It was so perfect.

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!

Caufman posted:

Wish a single one would drop for me besides these horrendous Greek Tragedy... At least I got a Doctor Crime recently! Really need a second mask tab quickly, some masks are sitting there cause I have no room :qq:

Rapdawg posted:

As for the female character I'm liking the say she looks so far because basically shes wearing a suit just as classy as the guys which is all that really mattered to me- however I am hoping the FBI/CIA turned criminal backstory is a reality even if I think I heard that in a stupid forum post. Some non-American character voice would be nice.

She has been confirmed being Irish by Goldfarb

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

@locust9: "Single shot weapon mod drops: in."

"single shot weapon mods gonna be seperate cards in payday?"
@locust9: "nar, part of drops. Someone told me we should do respec drops. I like that."

[about Pistol Messiah]
"Just a few seconds of invincibility so I can get to cover and not get down again, happens in many many games.(other twitt)"
@locust9: "nope. Will consider other things tho."

@locust9: "Visibility fix. In. Saiga dozer: in."

e:

@locust9: "Boom. #saigadozer #payday2 pic.twitter.com/WJM4eqYSPM"

Wiggly Wayne DDS fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Sep 20, 2013

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Le0 posted:

Wish a single one would drop for me besides these horrendous Greek Tragedy...

But Greek Tragedy's the best because you don't need to use anything but a material to make it look good. The drawback of course being that if you use a pattern and color it's going to look awful every time.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Does the Saiga still suck for everyone else? Was doing Rats yesterday, and it was taking 2-3 headshots to down Tans at point blank range. 3-5 to drop one at the bottom of the stairs from the top. Seems excessively low damage still, to me.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Rapdawg posted:

Oh I did not mean both, I meant either- or another nation's equivalent. INTERPOL would work in general, FBI would work since we've hosed with their office, CIA would be pissed if they were behind some of the drug/weapon trafficking that we stop and we get an Oliver North character- the situations are endless.

Or she'll just be female Mafia upset that she can't climb the ranks. Or just a woman who needs cash- an inner city mother who wants to give her kids the best drat life she was never offered. No way to tell but man the fan fiction I could write.

Didn't Goldfarb (every time someone calls him that, I picture a transformer for some reason) say she was going to be Irish? So former Garda? Which I'm totally excited about, because my entire knowledge of Irish law enforcement comes from The Guard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

King Vidiot posted:

But Greek Tragedy's the best because you don't need to use anything but a material to make it look good. The drawback of course being that if you use a pattern and color it's going to look awful every time.

I agree, however if someone is not a fan of Greek Tragedy or Theater or general awesome I can see how they would want something else. Man I can't wait to get all up on this game.

• Locked thread