Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

Good times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Really bummed that Kuvo lost his Schoolgirl Frampt av :(

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
I'm bummed I lost the TRY JUMPING gang tag

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Singh Long posted:

So why is Kuvo's avatar Persona related now? You'd think he'd get Repede or Karol

Probably because he streamed a play-trough of Persona 4 and always dissed the "band girl" (I don't even remember what she was really called) and the text under his avatar was a running joke/saying.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
In another game, Karol might be the protagonist. I mean, this sure seems like the first quest he'd do, braving his fear of the Eggbear to make a potion nobody else thinks will work.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Holy power, come to me! First Aid! - Let's Play Tales of Vesperia

:v:

Derpes
Oct 5, 2010

Demicol posted:

Why is Pow Hammer still a thing. I don't remember it ever being good in any Tales game.

It's actually pretty useful in Symphonia :shobon:

The talk about bumping down the difficulty down to easy felt a bit silly to me since this game isn't very hard. Now I'm not so sure any more. The boss from the demo will be interesting to see since a lot of people couldn't even beat the demo because of him.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Most of the dumb poo poo in Symphonia they did was from being drunk/not paying attention to the story/not paying attention to the story while getting drunk. In actual battles I don't remember them being too incompetent, Wind Chicks notwithstanding.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
This game is definitely hardest in the beginning. I played through it multiple times and felt it was quite easy, then Kasemoch and I started a new game right as this thread began and we found ourselves dying fairly often early on much to my surprise. There are a few fights in particular coming up that I can see you having issues with.

Once you get a wider variety of skills and artes you're not so much a slave to the few the game provides you in the beginning and survival will be less of a problem. Don't turn it to Easy, though.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Derpes posted:

It's actually pretty useful in Symphonia :shobon:

False. We all know Collette had only one useful skill.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

fivre posted:

False. We all know Collette had only one useful skill.

Her ability to talk to dogs?

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Kuvo posted:

Ep 07: Good Vibrations Youtube
This, ladies and gentlemen, is why you're supposed to fight everything you encounter in JRPGs. Not run around all of them. :v:

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

LeafyOrb posted:

Her ability to talk to dogs?

Well that yes, but mostly Sacrifice.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I love how Yuri is just an absolute rear end to Karol.

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Yapping Eevee posted:

This, ladies and gentlemen, is why you're supposed to fight everything you encounter in JRPGs. Not run around all of them. :v:

We'll put encounters as enemy symbols on the map, so players who are skilled can avoid being over levelled and reduce backtracking time! :eng101:

:eng99:

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy
"I'm the one who marks."

(Forgive my terrible MSPaint skills.)

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Mr. Soop posted:

"I'm the one who marks."

(Forgive my terrible MSPaint skills.)

Never apologize four genius.

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

Justin_Brett posted:

Most of the dumb poo poo in Symphonia they did was from being drunk/not paying attention to the story/not paying attention to the story while getting drunk. In actual battles I don't remember them being too incompetent, Wind Chicks notwithstanding.

This is because Alex. It wasn't until 75% of the way through the game that Kuvo started to use guard, and the other two never did.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
It was more all of them together really.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Alex made up for his comparative competence in battle by paying less attention to where the game was telling them to go than the other 3 combined.

Nostalgic Pushead
Jul 31, 2013

I think we need to go to Dirk's house, guys.

Re: Ep 7, glad to see healing getting set up properly now, that was bugging me a little especially during the eggbear fight.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
And now they are locked out of getting backstep on Yuri for a good long time aren't they? It sure would have come in handy for that last boss :allears:

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

NextTime000 posted:

And now they are locked out of getting backstep on Yuri for a good long time aren't they? It sure would have come in handy for that last boss :allears:

Actually there are free skill packs available for both Yuri and Estelle right now on XBLA. They include some very basic helpful skills backstep included, it's not game breaking just handy. I recommend Kuvo get them.

... I may have bought this game for myself this weekend.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

LeafyOrb posted:

... I may have bought this game for myself this weekend.

Welcome to the group of people that somehow ended up buying a Tales game thanks to Kuvo/T40's bumbling through one. There should also be a starter pack with some free gels and I do recommend grabbing backstep if the pack is free. It's pretty useful, especially for melee characters.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Tense situations, Karol. You get into five or six of 'em a day, it don't mean poo poo anymore. I mean, I've seen men stabbed, didn't mean poo poo to me. I've seen blastia, blastia too, they don't mean poo poo. But that's when you gotta watch yourself.

The best movie.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Dastardly posted:

Welcome to the group of people that somehow ended up buying a Tales game thanks to Kuvo/T40's bumbling through one. There should also be a starter pack with some free gels and I do recommend grabbing backstep if the pack is free. It's pretty useful, especially for melee characters.

Backstep is plenty useful for casters too. I mained the primary caster, and backstep was really useful when your idiot party members decided that they didn't want to protect the squishy.

I mean, until you got to the part of the game where you could basically infinitely stunlock everything and the rest of your party became superfluous.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I have internet at my new place now so that means...

:frogsiren: Updates :frogsiren:

Ep 08: City of Nerdlords Youtube

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Repede's career as a chef is off to a rocky start.

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

I was really hoping for the return of the greeting cards.

Singh Long
Oct 9, 2012
So when are you guys going to address the renaming feature? I don't why the game would let you rename the characters when most of the cutscenes are voices.

Also, the anime talk seems rather fitting, since we should be meeting someone voiced by yet another well known anime VA in the next ep.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
What was the goony article Vicas was referring Geop to? This is the first I've heard of it. :confused:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

IronSaber posted:

What was the goony article Vicas was referring Geop to? This is the first I've heard of it. :confused:

I think it was http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rmcru2

One of the gooniest stories I've ever read.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Talk about cliffhanger ending.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Wonder Chef?

Also holy poo poo that story. God drat.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Danaru posted:

Repede's career as a chef is off to a ruff start.

I fixed that error you made.

cofaigh
Dec 30, 2006
Ha ha... dangly parts
Finally caught up with all the videos, great stuff, can't wait for more.

Also, couldn't help myself.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I should have saved a third post after the OP for cofaigh art.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

cofaigh posted:

Oh my god :allears: This is amazing!

Kuvo posted:

I should have saved a third post after the OP for cofaigh art.
Luckily, I have the third post :frogc00l:

Geop fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Sep 25, 2013

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

cofaigh posted:

Oddly enough it actually compressed fairly decently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

cofaigh posted:

I was wondering where you were. Expecting great things from you as usual when fanart is involved.

• Locked thread