Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:

Wind and Rain came and went, and... everyone's still pretty darn pissed! So Sega keeps rolling out the events to sate the masses. Things are gonna get all Macross-y again this week, because Quna's back and so is her forgetful boyfriend.

On top of that, we're getting more Interrupt Rankings. Each of these come with an extra 100% Rare Enemy Appearance Boost and a 400% Rare Drop Boost on target enemies.

Also, Dudu and Monica's dark powers have been drained, albeit slightly, so weapon grinding and ability transfers get a 5% boost this week.

Schedules!!!
pre:
Enraged Dark Arms/Utterly Profound
Japan Standard Time
September 25 (Wed) 	- 	- 	20:30 	-
September 26 (Thursday) 10:30 	14:30 	- 	23:30
September 27 (Friday) 	10:30 	14:30 	20:30 	-
September 28 (Sat) 	- 	14:30 	20:30 	-
September 29 (Sun) 	10:30 	- 	20:30 	-
September 30 (Mon) 	10:30 	14:30 	- 	23:30
October 1    (Tue) 	10:30 	- 	20:30 	23:30

Eastern Daylight Time
September 25 (Wed) 	- 	7:30a 	- 	9:30p
September 26 (Thursday) 1:30a 	10:30a 	- 	9:30p
September 27 (Friday) 	1:30a 	7:30a 	- 	-
September 28 (Sat) 	1:30a 	7:30a	- 	9:30p
September 29 (Sun) 	- 	7:30a 	- 	9:30p
September 30 (Mon) 	1:30a 	9:30a 	- 	9:30p
October 1    (Tue) 	- 	7:30a 	10:30a 	-
pre:
Caterdran'sa Enemy Defeat Ranking
Japan Standard Time
September 28 (Sat) 	23:00
October 1    (Tue) 	14:00

Eastern Daylight Time
September 28 (Sat) 	10:00a
October 1    (Tue) 	1:00a
pre:
Org Blan Enemy Defeat Ranking
Japan Standard Time
September 29 (Sun) 	14:00
September 30 (Mon) 	20:00

Eastern Daylight Time
September 29 (Sun) 	1:00a
September 30 (Mon) 	7:00a
pre:
Bal Rodos Enemy Defeat Ranking
Japan Standard Time
September 25 (Wed) 	23:00
September 27 (Friday) 	23:00
September 29 (Sun) 	23:00

Eastern Daylight Time
September 25 (Wed) 	10:00a
September 27 (Friday) 	10:00a
September 29 (Sun) 	10:00a
pre:
Blu Ringahda Enemy Defeat Ranking
Japan Standard Time
September 26 (Thursday) 	20:00
September 28 (Sat) 		10:00

Eastern Daylight Time
September 26 (Thursday) 	7:00a
September 27 (Fri) 		9:00p

Chibs fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Sep 25, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

"Let's just keep rolling out the events! Maybe they'll forget we deleted the contents of their hard drives!"

Do The Evolution
Aug 5, 2013

but why
I guess this means I need to grind Org Keratos for level 15 Backhand as an upgrade over level 12. :negative:

What does Bal Rodos even drop that people are interested in? I saw he was made the IR based on TGS feedback but I have no clue what he actually drops. I guess some mediocre-ish TMG?
Speaking of TMGs, someone tell me about GU/HU and why it's overpowered. I'm a huge shitlord that likes playing overpowered classes (you may have been able to piece this together on your own by now!) and I haven't played a ranged class since I dabbled in PSOBB. I know why the HU sub works but I don't know a build for GU or what kind of weapons you use, or even the reasoning for using a certain weapon (launcher makes aoe :downs:). I was going to link a build for GU so people could tell me why it was bad and correct me, but after messing with the tree I've decided I'm not even qualified to do that. Any explanations appreciated.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Do The Evolution posted:

I guess this means I need to grind Org Keratos for level 15 Backhand as an upgrade over level 12. :negative:

What does Bal Rodos even drop that people are interested in? I saw he was made the IR based on TGS feedback but I have no clue what he actually drops. I guess some mediocre-ish TMG?
Speaking of TMGs, someone tell me about GU/HU and why it's overpowered. I'm a huge shitlord that likes playing overpowered classes (you may have been able to piece this together on your own by now!) and I haven't played a ranged class since I dabbled in PSOBB. I know why the HU sub works but I don't know a build for GU or what kind of weapons you use, or even the reasoning for using a certain weapon (launcher makes aoe :downs:). I was going to link a build for GU so people could tell me why it was bad and correct me, but after messing with the tree I've decided I'm not even qualified to do that. Any explanations appreciated.

Rodos drops Blanc Mirror, essentially a lesser Flamme Revolver. Dominus has Rodos drops and additionally drops Nabarta (Ice tech), Parallel Slider (Rifle PA), and Gnarl Crescent, a doublesaber with high Tech attack that can be equipped by Forces and Techters. It's basically the perfect Te/Fi weapon if you get bored of Wands.

Gu/Hu is overpowered because Stylish Roll Just Attack bonus is 200%, which when combined with all of the other modifiers present...

([Offense - Defense]/5) x 1.3 (JA Bonus) x 1.3 (Lv3 TMG gear) x 2 (S-roll JA) x 1.1 (JA Bonus 1) x 1.1 (Fury Stance) x 1.1 (JA Bonus 2) x 1.1 (Fury S Up) x 1.2 (Fury Combo Up) x 1.1 (Fury S Up 2)

x 1.1-1.2 for Perfect Keeper

x 1.15 for Zero Range Advance 1, and again for Zero Range Advance 2

x 1.2 if you maxed out Aerial Advance for some reason (and the target is in the air)

x 1.16 if using Lv3 Yasminkov 9000M while inside zero range, or

x 1.05 if using Lv3 Flamme Revolver/Blanc Mirrors (this is obviously a Just Attack anyway)

The one that really breaks it is Stylish Roll JA, but the rest still adds up. So the most popular option is to either spam Infinite Fire or Elder Rebellion, depending on how many times you want to press buttons.

Let me know if I've left anything out!

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Sega Balance (tm)

You don't have to bother with Infinite Fire if you're lazy, because you're already doing so much damage you can just spam Elder Reb and be successful. :v:

Do The Evolution
Aug 5, 2013

but why

Welp, shoulda done more Wind and Rain then. Rogbelt saw fit to bless me with his fists but not his gats. Guess I'll be running Bal Rodos after all! Where would you put the last 17 points in this skill build?

I am incapable of making decisions by myself

Thanks for the info.

Kessel posted:

Sega Balance (tm)

At least power creep isn't an issue because everything's broken already.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

You want Attack PP Restorate.

Remember to left-click while flipping. That will give you back some PP and you can still JA an Elder/Infinite when you land.

Jowy
Dec 4, 2007

Jesus Christ, it's a Pyro!
Honestly with how stupidly cheap and powerful Heel Stab is, Attack PP Restorate feels kinda unnecessary nowadays.

Still handy if you prefer spamming Elder Rebellion, though, cause that poo poo is expensive.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

It's mostly because there isn't much else you can put points into.

Chain Trigger and Chain Finish are nice, but they basically got obsoleted by JA rolling. You only use them on WB bosses so it's not really a big deal to have Chain Trigger cool down faster.

The other alternative is to go down into Showtime Star, which boosts your PP while Showtime is up. In that case you want 3 points in the R-ATK up, 2 to give you the faster gear from Showtime without increasing your hate, and 1 in Showtime Star for the 25 PP boost.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
If being a Gunner makes me a mongoloid that is killing fun for everybody else than gently caress the world.

That said, I finally caved and bought a second Hunter skill tree on my main for sword gear and just guard when my Rosso Ringer ground to +10 real smooth. If you're new to the game and thinking about getting into melee I highly recommend swords. They're tons of fun, are easy to use, and at least 5 of the PAs aren't crap and they all either come out real fast or can be guard canceled.

Do The Evolution
Aug 5, 2013

but why
I see, thanks. I'll probably hit 60 on FI/HU and then give it a shot.

Also whenever I find myself thinking 'ugh, Sega' I remind myself they're not Nexon. :sun:

^ :respek: Rosso Ringer buddy.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Devour or Fire posted:

If being a Gunner makes me a mongoloid that is killing fun for everybody else than gently caress the world.

It wasn't so long ago that Gunner was not a very good class~

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I did not have Ranger leveled past 10 until Arks Bingo made me do it, and I did not consider playing Gunner until I used all the forest stones from bingo to make a +10 Surukurai during boost week, aka the week before SRoll JA was put in :twisted:

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."
The latest patch added all class 10* matter board weapon drops that are pretty nice. There's Fortuna, a wind element sword with slightly better stats than Lambda Alistien with the scythe model, and the H10 Missouri T, a lightning element TMG with a paired revolver model that's 300 Dex to equip and tops out at around 630 R-ATK. Considering the dearth of decent all class TMGs, they're pretty nice, though it's a shame that such a cool model was used for a mid-tier weapon.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
It's ridiculous how a single unbalanced skill suddenly makes it one of the best classes/subclasses. Let's hope they do something about it when adding the new skills in october.

Protocol 5 posted:

The latest patch added all class 10* matter board weapon drops that are pretty nice. There's Fortuna, a wind element sword with slightly better stats than Lambda Alistien with the scythe model, and the H10 Missouri T, a lightning element TMG with a paired revolver model that's 300 Dex to equip and tops out at around 630 R-ATK. Considering the dearth of decent all class TMGs, they're pretty nice, though it's a shame that such a cool model was used for a mid-tier weapon.

It has less ATK than a 9* weapon, no potentials and harder to grind/element grind? Can't wait to have one. At least it's all class, I guess.

nerdz fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Sep 25, 2013

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Protocol 5 posted:

The mechgun just makes it easier to level Ranger sub once you max Gunner by ignoring rifles and just playing pseudo-Gunner :v: Even with the slightly lower R-ATK it won't matter, because JA roll is THAT broken.

nerdz posted:

It's ridiculous how a single unbalanced skill suddenly makes it one of the best classes/subclasses. Let's hope they do something about it when adding the new skills in october.

This is Sega we're talking about, you're going to see them either:
- hit it with the nerfbat so hard Gunner crawls back into its cave of mediocre uselessness;
- pretend it doesn't exist; or,
- make everyone else so broken it won't matter.

Torquil
Apr 4, 2007
Now with Ecstato-Euphoro-Fun (with Hinder-90)
You're forgetting the other Sega method of "balance." Create enemies that are just straight up immune to guns.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

I haven't been playing Gunner much, since it's feels really repetitive JA Rolling into everything. I've always had a bias towards melee anyway, though.

On a different note, I think they might have hosed up on the drop rate for Bloody Art. The quest record shows more than 26K have dropped from Free Quarry on Ship 1 in the last week.

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Takin ova da world :cool:

Torquil posted:

You're forgetting the other Sega method of "balance." Create enemies that are just straight up immune to guns.

The return of satellite lizards?! :v:

I don't have problems with gunners, but I'm still in hard mode at lv36. I'm just glad you don't need to tag enemies to get exp.

Is Elder Rebellion the mech gun thing that looks like you are shooting a bunch of flechette/flak?

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

nerdz posted:

Yeah man let's nerf cool fun class Gunner back into the dirt so they stop subbing Hunter and go back to being additional WB dispensers for the real damage dealers *sets the PA autoword to a goku symbol art and then spams over end exclusively*

Space Butler
Dec 3, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Is it still worth trying to start out in this game, or is everyone massively highly levelled already?

Also, is it just me, or is it virtually impossible to actually download the client? Doesn't seem to matter what I do, I either download 10% of it and it stops dead, or it won't even start in the first place.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Space Butler posted:

Is it still worth trying to start out in this game, or is everyone massively highly levelled already?

Also, is it just me, or is it virtually impossible to actually download the client? Doesn't seem to matter what I do, I either download 10% of it and it stops dead, or it won't even start in the first place.

It takes forever to download just because.

People level random classes and it's easy to get through the lower levels rather quickly. My highest is only 46 anyways and I know I'm not the only one.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

:smithicide:

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

You know you want to start over. That 1 point will haunt you forever.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Protocol 5 posted:

On a different note, I think they might have hosed up on the drop rate for Bloody Art. The quest record shows more than 26K have dropped from Free Quarry on Ship 1 in the last week.

If Belial Saw, Fort Buster, and Kougongin have upgrades in the future Quarry AQ, then it makes kind of sense. Even though Bloody Art is slightly stronger than Belial Saw, they're both weaker than a lot of other daggers at the moment. A hypothetical upgrade would make those three end-game material... although another difficulty level of AQs would mean upgrades for the existing upgrade weapons, which would make them even stronger still.

Edoraz posted:

Is Elder Rebellion the mech gun thing that looks like you are shooting a bunch of flechette/flak?

During the last few hits at the end (the ones that dust the target) it does kinda spit particles out I guess. It's the one that makes you flail your arms around pretending to be Christian Bale.

Space Butler
Dec 3, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Nuclearmonkee posted:

It takes forever to download just because.

People level random classes and it's easy to get through the lower levels rather quickly. My highest is only 46 anyways and I know I'm not the only one.

Even for the 400kb downloader thing? I can't even convince that to download at the moment.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN posted:

If Belial Saw, Fort Buster, and Kougongin have upgrades in the future Quarry AQ, then it makes kind of sense. Even though Bloody Art is slightly stronger than Belial Saw, they're both weaker than a lot of other daggers at the moment. A hypothetical upgrade would make those three end-game material... although another difficulty level of AQs would mean upgrades for the existing upgrade weapons, which would make them even stronger still.
I know what you're saying, but 26,000 in a week, dude. It's the most common 8*+ rarity drop in VH Free Quarry right now by a huge margin. They probably put the decimal point in the wrong place for the drop chance.

fuxxo
Feb 17, 2010

Fucking Pokemon, how do they Surf?

Just level Dex up to 5 or 10 and pretend you planned it that way.

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!

Devour or Fire posted:

Yeah man let's nerf cool fun class Gunner back into the dirt so they stop subbing Hunter and go back to being additional WB dispensers for the real damage dealers *sets the PA autoword to a goku symbol art and then spams over end exclusively*

It's nice that they're now a very useful and powerful class, but they're seriously overpowered now. People asking for them to get hit by a small nerf is hardly something to get snarky over. They certainly shouldn't get hit so hard they're back to being on the lower end of the power scale. It's just that when a single class is so powerful the rest of the party may as well be an afterthought, then you probably have a balance problem.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

My condolences. This is painful to see.

Re: Gunner balance, I hope they deal with it by just giving stupid big JA bonuses to the other classes as well. Let me double my backhand just by knuckle-dodging beforehand, that sort of thing

lesbian baphomet fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Sep 25, 2013

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Space Butler posted:

Even for the 400kb downloader thing? I can't even convince that to download at the moment.

No that piece should work. You must be having some different problem.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Considering Gunner's big buff was at the same time as Namegid and Backhand Smash.. yeah I don't really see them 'fixing' it. They haven't nerfed things very often in the past, the only thing that comes to mind was the RATK% on Fury Stance.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Devour or Fire posted:

I would like to have gunner be as broken as it is right now, but with a larger spread between the skills. One thing that would make me use chain trigger would be turning it into a passive with an even smaller cooldown (and possibly removing the need to hit the same spot on the enemy, just like in PSP2).

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

kirbysuperstar posted:

They haven't nerfed things very often in the past, the only thing that comes to mind was the RATK% on Fury Stance.
And Zonde's ridiculous damage at one point.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Any hurdles I need to be aware about for account registration? I'm at work right now while PSO downloads; and my friend is bitching about Japanese capcatcha and that the password has to be in japanese.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

TalonDemonKing posted:

Any hurdles I need to be aware about for account registration? I'm at work right now while PSO downloads; and my friend is bitching about Japanese capcatcha and that the password has to be in japanese.

There is a Japanese captcha but your password doesn't need to be Japanese. In fact, it CANNOT be Japanese, afaik.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Yeah, the password and username fields won't accept anything but alphanumeric. As for the captcha, yes, it's hiragana, but it's not too hard to figure out on your own with this tool. Failing that, swing by the IRC channel, there's usually one or two of us on who can do them quick enough for you.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Mechgun Jesus is real and knows I am faithful and has taken pity on me for my mag disaster.

Torquil
Apr 4, 2007
Now with Ecstato-Euphoro-Fun (with Hinder-90)
Meanwhile I got stuck in B20 and openly wept as it took fifteen minutes to down Falz and not a soul besides me was attempting to shock him. My reward was wasting my rare drop boost and witnessing a guy hammer on the core with a katana. The moral? Never go to B20. No matter how desperate you are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do The Evolution
Aug 5, 2013

but why
So the new skills for Superhard were apparently posted.

Hunter
Never Give Up - When Iron Will is activated, a 60-second S-ATK bonus and invincibility for a short time.
Pretty Good - Recover from status effects faster.

Fighter
Half Line Boost - Increase the chance of inflicting status effects when your HP is below 50%.
Chase Advance Plus - Increase damage dealt against enemies suffering from status effects.

Ranger
Weak Hit Blast Bonus - PB gauge builds up faster dealing ranged damage to enemy weak points.
First Hit - Damage bonus against enemies with full health.

Gunner
Zero Range Critical - Critical hit rate bonus when dealing ranged damage to enemies at close range.
Toughness Time - Reduces gear loss when damage is taken during Showtime.

Force
Talis Tech Bonus - Damage increase for techs casted after throwing the talis. Five levels only, the damage bonus is 50% (presumably at level 5).
T-ATK High Up - Increases T-ATK (presumably more than T-ATK Up).

Techer
Super Treatment - When healing status effects on yourself or other players, HP also heals. For a limited time, PP recovery also increases (not sure whether this is natural PP recovery or recovery from attacking).
Territory PP Save- While Territory Burst is active, reduces PP cost of support techs.

Braver
Combat Escape - Invincibility when Katana Combat is activated. Unclear how long it lasts.
Rapid Shoot Up 2 - Increases R-ATK when a Bow is equipped and Rapid Shoot is active.

As far as I can tell most of them are irrelevant/mediocre but the talis thing sticks out to me. It will apparently be a +50%(!) damage boost when maxed.
Source

• Locked thread