Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Really another thing I'd kill for would be the ability to set what you want your base vehicle to be. Trevor's scrapheap truck is cool and all, but Michael's dumpy little whatever can take a hike. Also even if the vehicle isn't customizable, it'd be super cool if I could at least repair it. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Rapdawg posted:

Did anyone else get sad that they could not (early game character building spoiler) do anything to help Michael's daughter during her sad and desperate bulimia episode? Maybe its from knowing people who suffer from the issue in real life, and I don't say that complaining about the game being offensive, but I really was sad I could not help and for me it really dropped my liking of Michael as a father- which was probably the point.

When/what was this because I honestly do not remember that at all.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
But they are customizable? You can even customize the family's cars.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Dewgy posted:

But they are customizable? You can even customize the family's cars.

I meant other ones you can't, like say the winnebago or The Lost van.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.

Dewgy posted:

Oh my god Franklin's special ability gives his cars super traction as well. Just escaped the cops by driving up a mountain in his personal car. :allears:

Unless I'm imagining things it also boosts his speed. Franklin on a good motorcycle is awesome for those jumps with cramped approaches.

along the way
Jan 18, 2009

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

Unless I'm imagining things it also boosts his speed. Franklin on a good motorcycle is awesome for those jumps with cramped approaches.

Noticed this too.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

piratepilates posted:

When/what was this because I honestly do not remember that at all.

http://i.imgur.com/r7ihzWg.jpg

It was at some point in between missions and just made me sad.

DaitoX
Mar 1, 2008

MailboxFullOfBombs posted:

I just checked on PS3 and it says it's only at 3.25. Do different regions get their own versions of BAWSAQ?

Maybe I misread? I checked the website again and it is 3.25 there too now at least.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Doing some races I've boosted the speed so hard I'd take off and fly from the smallest bump. I've got reasons to think it's a little bug not critical enough to solve that comes from how the numbers change during his special ability.

Ought to be secret behind record times of the airport race for example being around two minutes long.

Calipark
Feb 1, 2008

That's cool.
I just did the cross-country triathlon and the weazle news chopper was across the map, so switching to it caused the entire area to unload. Switching back put me on the ocean floor along with all the other swimmers.

Apparently the swimming AI for them doesn't tell them to surface, so they all drowned and I won without any competition.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

Yardbomb posted:

Really another thing I'd kill for would be the ability to set what you want your base vehicle to be. Trevor's scrapheap truck is cool and all, but Michael's dumpy little whatever can take a hike. Also even if the vehicle isn't customizable, it'd be super cool if I could at least repair it. :mad:

I get really irritated at Franklin always always using his motorbike when he's out and about when switching to him. Bloody annoying having to drive back to the house to get his car back every single time. I tuned up your car for a drat good reason, Franklin! :argh:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

It boosts his speed (time is still slowed though so its harder to tell), gives him more torque, increases acceleration and breaking, increases the fidelity of the handling and allows him to make turns at speeds that wouldn't be possible.

It's really the best of all the specials.

I'm kinda sad at how few customization options there are for the bikes, though. I was expecting at least a second set of fairing but most bikes don't even have that. I think Frank's Bagger is the bike that has the most options, a few different frames and the option to take off the fairing or replace the bags.

e: vvv I've also had it save my rear end from head on motorcycle collisions that should have killed me, but that might be subjective.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Sep 27, 2013

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Sharkopath posted:

It boosts his speed (time is still slowed though so its harder to tell), gives him more torque, increases acceleration and breaking, increases the fidelity of the handling and allows him to make turns at speeds that wouldn't be possible.

It's really the best of all the specials.

You also take less vehicle damage.

Someguy
Jul 15, 2001

by Lowtax

Yardbomb posted:

Not only this, but I wish they would let all the characters use all the garages, also all the properties should also function as garages. It's lovely to find a new vehicle, drive it to your large garage, and then find out it's full. Since if you try to swap out a car the one you arrived in will disappear. I also wish they would let all your characters use properties other guys have bought. I bought LS Customs as Franklin, and of course no other characters can use it. What if I want to swap custom cars between characters? Oh, I'm hosed? Thanks RS.

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
The most annoying thing about the LS Customs you buy is that it's out in the rear end-end of nowhere, so if you want to customize your ride, it's a long drive there and back. Should've just let him buy the one at the airport instead!

Aishan fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Sep 27, 2013

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Robawesome posted:

Even with max skills there's still an unnecessary wobble

Turbulence. It's like waves of water but instead of in the ocean they exist in the sky.

Ho Chi Minh Holiday Inn
Jul 11, 2006

You may not know it yet, but I'm your worst nightmare.
Also this has gotten me before but if you're flying an airplane, make sure you put away the landing gear once you've taken off or you'll greatly increase the amount of turbulence you experience.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Someguy posted:

Not only this, but I wish they would let all the characters use all the garages, also all the properties should also function as garages. It's lovely to find a new vehicle, drive it to your large garage, and then find out it's full.

There’s a workaround: park your shiny new car in your safehouse’s garage, take a taxi/jacked car to the multi‐car garage, take out the car you’re willing to get rid of, drive back to the safehouse, swap cars, and finally drive back to the big garage and store the new car there.

It’s a major hassle, but it works. Cars in my safehouse garage disappear every time I swap characters, but it holds them long enough for swapping purposes.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

It would be nice if there was more than one garage and they all share the same carlist, it really sucks having a vehicle in your garage in Los Santos that you plan on driving around Mount Chilliad with.

Who knows, maybe GTA:O will tell us why it's the way it is, or maybe Rockstar didn't get it down yet.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Rapdawg posted:

http://i.imgur.com/r7ihzWg.jpg

It was at some point in between missions and just made me sad.

Does she even say anything? I would have just assumed she was hungover.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Does the ragdoll move(Jump+Melee) even have a use? Or is it just there because it's funny?

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

AndyElusive posted:

Turbulence. It's like waves of water but instead of in the ocean they exist in the sky.

It's very poorly implemented bullshit. Turbulence would either have it pushing you in a direction or lower air pressure would have you drop quickly because of loss of lift and it typically happens at much higher altitudes than we're ever flying in this game. This game implements it like you're randomly getting hit by microbursts all the time through an extremely lazy random jiggling of the control inputs. It's dumb and annoying. It's not even fun, it's just there to gently caress with you when you're trying to do precise stuff.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.

SpazmasterX posted:

Does she even say anything? I would have just assumed she was hungover.

She says stuff like "Gotta be thin" and a few other things that reference bulimia.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

To anyone else who invested in PIS, it looks like it's on the rise again. It's currently roughly double what it was last night (4 and change). With any luck it'll hit 30 again!

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

The Casualty posted:

Does the army jeep have any cool mods at LS customs? I want to make a cool offroad jeep but I don't know if that one is worth the hassle/ money, or if the regular ones have better cosmetic options.

No, but if you can find the Mesa 3 you can get yourself exactly that. It's basically a lifted Mesa, and can be fitted with all kinds of fun poo poo.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Irish Taxi Driver posted:

She says stuff like "Gotta be thin" and a few other things that reference bulimia.

Oh. Well that's Vinewood.

Hey so are there any other hardtop convertibles besides the kind Amanda drives? I love that thing.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Ha ha, back-to-back brilliant missions. Steal a James Bond car, fly a plane into another plane and then drive a car out the back, landing on your rear end in the middle of the road. This game is full of wonderful silliness. It's like San Andreas with the Euphoria engine and it rules.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

SpazmasterX posted:

Hey so are there any other hardtop convertibles besides the kind Amanda drives? I love that thing.

The Grotti Carbonizzare is pretty great. I consider it up there with the supercars in performance.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Obsurveyor posted:

It's very poorly implemented bullshit. Turbulence would either have it pushing you in a direction or lower air pressure would have you drop quickly because of loss of lift and it typically happens at much higher altitudes than we're ever flying in this game. This game implements it like you're randomly getting hit by microbursts all the time through an extremely lazy random jiggling of the control inputs. It's dumb and annoying. It's not even fun, it's just there to gently caress with you when you're trying to do precise stuff.

It really doesn't. I'm not trying to posture myself like some kind of chopper air wizard but I've managed to pull some pretty nimble poo poo in a chopper and stunt plane with a fully leveled Mike and Trevor and not once have I been like, "gently caress this poorly implemented bullshit" and screwed up some precise crap I was trying to do because of turbulence.

Edit: I understand that's the point of the turbulence in the game (to cause poo poo to go wrong) but at higher skill it becomes less of a factor if any.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Sep 28, 2013

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Sankis posted:

To anyone else who invested in PIS, it looks like it's on the rise again. It's currently roughly double what it was last night (4 and change). With any luck it'll hit 30 again!

How are you guys checking this? I'm getting an error every time I try to access BAWSAQ.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Ammunation on XBox is plumeting right now. Down from 710 to 590 in the past day.

big mean giraffe posted:

How are you guys checking this? I'm getting an error every time I try to access BAWSAQ.

I'm checking on the social site since i'm away from my xbox right now, but whenever I check it in game it seems to load fine. Maybe make sure multiplayer ports for your console of choice are unblocked?

DickButt Shitlord
Oct 14, 2012
Check out my sweet BMX skills

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kKkvEp64ko

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
There are a couple of parachute challenges that are up mountains that I cant seem to get to, am I suppose to fly up there or am I just missing the path?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Spawn BMX bike
While playing the game, quickly press Left(2), Right(2), Left, Right, X, B, Y, RB, RT.

Yesssssss.

Too bad the silly goofball cheats block achievements and poo poo though. Wonder why that is? I just wanna ride my bicycle in a thunderstorm and jump over four lanes of traffic.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Capn Beeb posted:

Spawn BMX bike
While playing the game, quickly press Left(2), Right(2), Left, Right, X, B, Y, RB, RT.

Yesssssss.

Too bad the silly goofball cheats block achievements and poo poo though. Wonder why that is? I just wanna ride my bicycle in a thunderstorm and jump over four lanes of traffic.

Easier to just blanket block all achievements for all cheats than make sure that certain cheats can't be used to cheese achivements.

Why Rockstar cares about people cheating for achivements? Well I have no idea why,

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

marktheando posted:

So is the smart money still on pisswasser? I've made a nice profit buying in at $2.57, since it's now $3.71. But do I stay on board hoping for further rises or cash out now?

Sweet, put 10mil in on PIS yesterday @ 2.68 I think, here's hoping it booms. Isn't the highest like 150$?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

piratepilates posted:

Easier to just blanket block all achievements for all cheats than make sure that certain cheats can't be used to cheese achivements.

Why Rockstar cares about people cheating for achivements? Well I have no idea why,

I want to think some cheats didn't block achievements in GTA4, but I may be wrong. It'd be nice if this game had a game+ goofball mode, maybe tie it into the phone as an app. Saints Row has done cheats pretty well for a while now, I just wanna goof off with Trevor.

Dr Geek
Jan 28, 2007
I just had a mini-freakout when I checked my stocks and Hawk and Little showed up at 0 dollars. I literally put every dollar I could into those stocks with all 3 characters when it was at 1.2 a share, but thankfully I closed my phone and checked again and it's up to 5.48, thank god.

On a related note, where do you guys think the ceiling is on these BAWSAQ stocks? I only bought Hawk and Little as a way to store my cash, not actually expecting a return, but now I'm wondering how long to hold onto them.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Shot a bunch of hikers on Mt. Chiliad and I suddenly had an armada of cop cars homing in on me. Wouldn't be an issue, if they weren't coming in on the downhill bike paths. This game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehGherkin
May 24, 2008

My Franklin wears the exact same jacket.

Also that was a sweet grind.

• Locked thread