Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
No tell her maybe she'll be the queen of robusting people in the ring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Supernorn posted:

I like this guy. :allears:

Hiiii! I play on LLJK 1 all the time now.

E:

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Anyone have their spouses stare at you while playing this game? The one time I didn't play on mute or wear headphones my wife stared at me due to the 3 minute fart/scream symphony on the shuttle. I told her she didn't want to know, and she agreed.

I steal the Sax all the time now because Careless Whisper makes my girlfriend crack up.

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Sep 28, 2013

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Phlogistic posted:

Okay, can we not have admins posting loving goatse in game? That's really not cool.
The person responsible for this has lost their admin privileges.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Wow, who even did that?

Also, wonderful round in which I was a traitor barman, polymorphed into a bear, and then filled with grog. And also had a fake moustache. Captain Spigot the Charming Bear twirled his way through the station, stealing new players and subjecting them to obscure SS13 trivia before murdering them and stuffing them in the horrifying cuboid of carnage that was Davy Jones' Locker. Unfortunately, a rogue nuke had blown up the entire lower half of the station, but in the end that just drove more fodder north, to where the Locker lurked with unrestrained greed.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Anyone have their spouses stare at you while playing this game? The one time I didn't play on mute or wear headphones my wife stared at me due to the 3 minute fart/scream symphony on the shuttle. I told her she didn't want to know, and she agreed.

I explained to mine that I was pretending to be a space janitor cleaning up vomit and that I was giggling because people kept slipping on the floor and falling over. She hasn't asked about it since.

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward
LLJK #2 is also down. Shalhavet what have you done this time? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Yeah looks like both the servers just died.

Also does anyone know why this happens and how I can fix it?

It just sits there over the top of every other window. It's happened twice now and it doesn't seem to go away until I restart my laptop. Kind of a pain!

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

Entenzahn posted:

LLJK #2 is also down. Shalhavet what have you done this time? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

I don't know! I was asleep and I don't even play on LLJK #2, hell, it's not even in my bookmarks.

neon flame
Feb 21, 2013

Apparently Dan is a sex symbol in France.

Had something weird happen in my last round. I was the roboticist, and Medical Director Pooch dragged in a rotting body and yelled at me to borg him immediately.

As I worked the guy kept rotting, at an absurd speed. I was going to save him though, just needed to use the circular saw one last time to get his brain.

Then this happened:

I'm still not sure what caused it. There were vampires in that round, is it one of their powers?

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Spy_Guy posted:

Started as a traitorous CE, yet again. Today was different, however, as Mr Torgue was the AI.

I couldn't imagine anything more fun than an overcharged, uninhibited Mr Torgue plaguing the station, so I set to work. Once I reached the part of my setup where I turn the AI to my side people started calling him rogue, saying his turrets were set to lethal. God drat it. I'm not risking my round to go in there and wrestle an already subverted AI onto my side.

When the engine reached nominal power I hotwire it without telling Mr Torgue, leading to a couple of angry shouts about high-energy discharges near his core, before silence fell.

Then some stuff happened, but you've already heard plenty about my powerglove escapades, so I will spare you this time.

Then the round ended

Fuuuuuuck :smithicide:

I was the engineer who babysat the hot loop that round. I was a bit sceptical when you started planning to fry the AI immediately when people started talking about its ostensive subversion, but I never suspected you were a traitor. I suppose you must have gone on a rampage and gotten yourself killed at some point since you stopped responding to my reports. I exited Engineering as the engine finally died (I don't really understand why - I kept the pressure just below 3000 kPa at all times, as you had told me to) and the escape shuttle was approaching. I had been locked away and very focussed on maintaining the power output the whole round, and hadn't expected to find the station quite so ruined; there had appparently been several bombs, lots of hull breaches and a blob in what remained of the south hallways. Almost no survivors - hell, I was completely alone on the escape shuttle until two more people joined me just before it departed.

The temperature in the hot loop was around eight million Kelvin just before the pressure suddenly started to drop, by the way.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

Fascinating. If your face is covered and the mindslaver has someone else's ID, you're the mindslave of whoever's ID they're holding. In this case, Dirty Harry, Conor's target.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Shalhavet posted:

Fascinating. If your face is covered and the mindslaver has someone else's ID, you're the mindslave of whoever's ID they're holding. In this case, Dirty Harry, Conor's target.

This makes me want to spend my next traitor round mindslaving everyone over to, say, the barman, or the janitor, or the clown. Imagine the reaction when the whole station shows up and demands orders from a very confused bartender.

Shadowbag
Jun 1, 2011

When shitposting, it's always important to properly stretch first.
Soiled Meat

Lost Generation posted:

I'm still not sure what caused it. There were vampires in that round, is it one of their powers?

Micheal Tennant is one of the names an admin uses. And selfgib-one of the admin's powers that is abused constantly-detonates their mob in a shower of gibs and explosions.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

neogeo0823 posted:

This makes me want to spend my next traitor round mindslaving everyone over to, say, the barman, or the janitor, or the clown. Imagine the reaction when the whole station shows up and demands orders from a very confused bartender.
Mindslaves have a [I] icon over their master so they can see through any disguise like syndicates and probably thralls.

Shadowbag posted:

Micheal Tennant is one of the names an admin uses. And selfgib-one of the admin's powers that is abused constantly-detonates their mob in a shower of gibs and explosions.
That is Professor Cogwerks, if memory serves. One time he kept selfgibbing and respawning as a naked changeling because he got stuck in space after monkeying and ran out of things to throw.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

silentsnack posted:

Mindslaves have a [I] icon over their master so they can see through any disguise like syndicates and probably thralls.

I didn't have an [I] icon on anyone on the station.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Shalhavet posted:

I didn't have an [I] icon on anyone on the station.
Could be a new bug feature that got added when [T] sunglasses got improved.

edit: vvv 0 for 2 eh? C'est la vie.

silentsnack fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Sep 28, 2013

Spacemarine9
Feb 24, 2013

silentsnack posted:

Shadowbag posted:

Micheal Tennant

That is Professor Cogwerks, if memory serves.

Wrong!
(It's me. Freaking out medical doctors is a thing I like to do on a regular basis. It's fun and everyone should try to do it as much as possible.)

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Spacemarine9 posted:

Wrong!
(It's me. Freaking out medical doctors is a thing I like to do on a regular basis. It's fun and everyone should try to do it as much as possible.)

Wasn't there a drug cocktail you could make that would let you kill yourself via brute damage(say, slicing your throat with a shard), then heal you enough that you'd just stand up and walk away after a minute or two? Or was that broken when drug addictions and the bloodstream reagent cap were put into place?

EDIT: Whoa, quote text freaked out for a second there.

neon flame
Feb 21, 2013

Spacemarine9 posted:

I was confused by the ability to attack the explosion as much as the explosion itself. The next guy waiting to be borged said something like 'He just sawed an explosion!'.

Also, I'm not treating Michael Tennant anymore. Don't care if it's metagaming, he's a highly explosive jerk :colbert:

Orv
May 4, 2011

neogeo0823 posted:

Wasn't there a drug cocktail you could make that would let you kill yourself via brute damage(say, slicing your throat with a shard), then heal you enough that you'd just stand up and walk away after a minute or two? Or was that broken when drug addictions and the bloodstream reagent cap were put into place?

EDIT: Whoa, quote text freaked out for a second there.

That either doesn't work anymore or the formula I'm aware of was changed. I think it just flat out doesn't work.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
Joined late as chaplain, decided to explore space unless a wizard was around. Minipod to mining, broke down some walls to grab a space suit and find emagged doors all over. Made some small talk with the likely traitor, but he gave chase as I made my way back to my pod. Wasn't going to report him to the station unless he went mad bomber or whatever, but he knew that I knew and his paranoia won. Stun, strip, drag to space.

Except he dragged me within a few tiles of his own pod, so I jump in and floor it. Chasing still, I open a wormhole back to the station and he flies right into it in a shower of gibs. Never realized pods had that kind of power.

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

There used to be a cap on how much damage each bodypart could take, and shooting yourself in the head was easily survivable if you were near full health and/or full of tricordrazine/bicaridine. I'm guessing suicide by glass shard just did the same thing. Now any individual body part can take enough damage to outright kill you.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
It definitely doesn't work in the same way at least because the brute-healing drug changed to styptic powder, which doesn't work if it's pumped into your body. You have to apply it topically.

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

Coolguye posted:

It definitely doesn't work in the same way at least because the brute-healing drug changed to styptic powder, which doesn't work if it's pumped into your body. You have to apply it topically.

Actually, the topical medicines still work if injected, they just do toxic damage as they heal you.

Clockwork Cupcake
Oct 31, 2010

Elth posted:

Actually, the topical medicines still work if injected, they just do toxic damage as they heal you.

Actually, I've tested it and it seems like there are three different ways you can use the topical medicines.

Topical is fastest and gives the best results - this is applied via patch, spray bottle, dropper, dumping a beaker on top of someone, etc.

Injection seems to depend on the medicine in question. With styptic powder, injection via needle or hypospray healed much less damage but did no tox damage. (though I didn't use huge amounts for this, I'd need to test with more - but since the medibots inject I doubt it does tox damage) With silver sulfadiazine it was actually indistinguishable from topical application.

Consumption is what you don't want to do! This would be drinking it out of a glass or munching pills (or eating it as ice cream) and this is the one that won't heal you and just does tox damage.

neon flame
Feb 21, 2013

I've posted about this in the official forum, but I want to get an idea of how many people it's affecting. If it's a minority it's probably on our end, if not it's a really serious bug.

Genetics is currently broken for me; the image is from a recipe printout someone made, but it looks like that when I use the computer too. Once I asked about it, people in OOC realised that it was affecting them too.

I imagine this doesn't affect everyone, or there would be no point making all those printouts in the first place. I'm guessing some corrupted/incomplete asset download. Is there a way to get byond to redownload assets?

Aphtonites
Dec 25, 2012

Sure, Jailbot was broken, but
weren't we all at some point? :(

I've started working on some halloween costumes!

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

Lost Generation posted:

I've posted about this in the official forum, but I want to get an idea of how many people it's affecting. If it's a minority it's probably on our end, if not it's a really serious bug.

Genetics is currently broken for me; the image is from a recipe printout someone made, but it looks like that when I use the computer too. Once I asked about it, people in OOC realised that it was affecting them too.

I imagine this doesn't affect everyone, or there would be no point making all those printouts in the first place. I'm guessing some corrupted/incomplete asset download. Is there a way to get byond to redownload assets?

Check your Internet Explorer settings and patches. If your security settings are too strict it can cause issues.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Aphtonites posted:

Will the bee costume cause space bees to try and get sassy with you

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

Clockwork Cupcake posted:

Actually, I've tested it and it seems like there are three different ways you can use the topical medicines.

Topical is fastest and gives the best results - this is applied via patch, spray bottle, dropper, dumping a beaker on top of someone, etc.

Injection seems to depend on the medicine in question. With styptic powder, injection via needle or hypospray healed much less damage but did no tox damage. (though I didn't use huge amounts for this, I'd need to test with more - but since the medibots inject I doubt it does tox damage) With silver sulfadiazine it was actually indistinguishable from topical application.

Consumption is what you don't want to do! This would be drinking it out of a glass or munching pills (or eating it as ice cream) and this is the one that won't heal you and just does tox damage.

Oh, I didn't even know ingestion was a separate method of taking in reagents, I thought it was the same as injection. I always yell at doctors when they inject topical medicines with hyposprays, so now I feel kinda bad. Also I'm pretty sure medibots inject saline by default.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Aphtonites posted:

You should do costumes for Head of Security, Head of Personnel, and Captain. They'd have to be obvious fakes, though, and I'm not sure how you'd pull that off with the resolution you have available.

Speaking of costumes of other people, an AI costume would be a lot easier to do.

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
Crappily spray painted cardboard box-tumes is the obvious way to go!

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Oh my.

I just started as a roboticist traitor, and then spawned in a mindslave implant and implant my fellow roboticist. Turns out he is a traitor too, so I cut it out.

I trick the RD into getting a machine implant to mindslave him, turns out he is a traitor too.

Then some random person comes in and I inject her and to relieve my anger *fart on them in their downed state. They were carrying a bible.

(Last kick in the teeth was after I died I watched and they ate a syndicate donk pocket, meaning they too were a traitor.)

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Geokinesis posted:

Oh my.

I just started as a roboticist traitor, and then spawned in a mindslave implant and implant my fellow roboticist. Turns out he is a traitor too, so I cut it out.

I trick the RD into getting a machine implant to mindslave him, turns out he is a traitor too.

Then some random person comes in and I inject her and to relieve my anger *fart on them in their downed state. They were carrying a bible.

(Last kick in the teeth was after I died I watched and they ate a syndicate donk pocket, meaning they too were a traitor.)

I was the first one you implanted. The random person who came in ended up spawning a portal to the void and dragging myself and herself in, ending with me setting her on fire with a welding tool and then dying from the fire since we had to share a square in the void.

Sometimes things just don't work out.

Jazerus fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Sep 29, 2013

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Geokinesis posted:

Hahaha I think I saw this right as it happened. I was a traitor doctor except my only objective was to kill the captain who had suicided at the start of the round so I basically had free reign to muck about. I spent most of the time comforting people that no, their mild drunkeness and 20 brute damage wouldn't be a problem, let me just inject some venom antihol and you'll be up in no time! Just have a quick rest over here in the beds and let us handle the rest. Oh you're dying? How could that have possibly happened? I guess the barman must have spiked your drink with moonshine! Better get him lynched by the rest of the station!

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

AXE COP posted:

Hahaha I think I saw this right as it happened. I was a traitor doctor except my only objective was to kill the captain who had suicided at the start of the round so I basically had free reign to muck about. I spent most of the time comforting people that no, their mild drunkeness and 20 brute damage wouldn't be a problem, let me just inject some venom antihol and you'll be up in no time! Just have a quick rest over here in the beds and let us handle the rest. Oh you're dying? How could that have possibly happened? I guess the barman must have spiked your drink with moonshine! Better get him lynched by the rest of the station!

So who -wasn't- a traitor that round?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Unhappy Meal posted:

So who -wasn't- a traitor that round?

The Bible.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

I really want to see a round where everyone starts as a traitor with one objective and a warning that they are the only traitor.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

YellerBill posted:

I really want to see a round where everyone starts as a traitor with one objective and a warning that they are the only traitor.

So a Happy Tuesday round but without the godawful distortion-crackling sound clip. I like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radiofreak
Feb 25, 2011

Tin Pin's a battle between SOULS!

It's like your fiery passion slams into the other guy's, like WHAM!

YellerBill posted:

The best way to do that would probably be to just give everyone 'Escape Alone'.

• Locked thread