Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

At least it didn't hardlock on installing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

I'm tired of the PM’s asking if I actually poisoned kittens, instead look at these boobies.

tooooooo bad posted:

Here's your update: "everything that was hosed nine hours ago continues to be hosed."

quote:

We are continuing to look into these issues and are working around the clock on resolving them as quickly as possible.

The resolution is simple. It will clear up after everyone stops rushing it.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I hope Rockstar expands the options for photo taking in the future. Especially with online going live I'd love to have some sort of "war photographer" mode where you can be something like a spectator in matches but still take photos.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Tokubetsu posted:

Something great about robbing a 7-11 just so I can afford a $2800 leather jacket.

drat, what's the average payout for a gas station robbery? Seems to be ~%700 in single player with both cash registers.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Jota posted:

Cool system hardlocked just trying to download the patch
Did on me while I was making my character. :D

Knightmare posted:

drat, what's the average payout for a gas station robbery? Seems to be ~%700 in single player with both cash registers.
I tend to get about 600. Hair dressers give like 400ish if I recall, although it seems as though their money goes down if you regularly rob them - or even othe stores of the same type..? I went on a barbershop crime spree and by the 4th or 5th one, I was getting like 45 bucks out of the register, even though I'd never even visited that shop before.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I'm having a bizarre reoccuring issue with this game. When playing Dead Man Walking, when the camera pans to the two cars the game hangs like it should be giving a cutscene or an option to select a car. It just stays focused on Michael. Otherwise the game runs fine, can pause, all the background cars and time passage goes just peachy, but I can't control the character or proceed in any way. Am I missing some fix here or is something hosed?

MUNG
Apr 8, 2003

I managed to get my online dude looking like Marlo Stanfield. Hope I get a chance to actually play it tonight.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

miscellaneous14 posted:

I dunno, Blizzard is pretty good at this when it comes to new World of Warcraft expansions.

Seriously? Did you play WoW at launch? Ahn'Quirai (sp?) release? TBC launch? Blizzard is (was, at least, havent played since WotLK) just as bad.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I hope Rockstar expands the options for photo taking in the future. Especially with online going live I'd love to have some sort of "war photographer" mode where you can be something like a spectator in matches but still take photos.

What they really need is that feature that records the last 30 seconds of what you have done. So many amazing moments in this game to be had.

Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown
PS3 user here: been able to play online this morning without any hiccups, although haven't played a full 16 player room yet.

My early, early first impressions is that GTA online could be great. There are tons of missions, properties, stores, and things to do. The problem is the random people you play with (in fairness this is not a problem limited to GTA) that just want to make things aggravating for you.

Thank goodness for Crews and friend lists.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Das Butterbrot posted:

Seriously? Did you play WoW at launch? Ahn'Quirai (sp?) release? TBC launch? Blizzard is (was, at least, havent played since WotLK) just as bad.

Yeah, the only smooth launch was Pandaria, and the game's been seriously bleeding subscribers for the last couple years with a lot of players boycotting MoP entirely.

Diablo 3 and error 32 was also a thing. Heart of the Swarm had a stable launch, but I think it's because the SC2 player base doesn't fluctuate as wildly.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Frankston posted:

What they really need is that feature that records the last 30 seconds of what you have done. So many amazing moments in this game to be had.

I'd settle for even just an after mission/activity "key moments" replay via the cinematic camera. That camera is wasted as a realtime camera view.

Here's a few beauty shots I've done...

madjackmcmad
May 27, 2008

Look, I'm startin' to believe some of the stuff the cult guy's been saying, it's starting to make a lot of sense.

stuart scott irl posted:

I just want to thank whoever earlier in this thread alerted me to the "my butt --> my butt" extension because it's vastly improved my browsing experience

My pleasure! :tipshat:

The links again: https://github.com/panicsteve/cloud-to-butt http://www.flickr.com/groups/cloud-to-butt/

GTAO: My biggest gripe so far is the looooong rear end time you wait for anything. A job ends, and you sit at that like/dislike/continue screen for up to a minute, then there's the vote screen, and THEN if you go into a job that's deathmatch/LTS there's the long wait for joins and invites. After that, you see your team and can change weapons during another 30 second timer... guh! Makes LTS missions terrible because unless you're the god of fight and last till the end of the match, you get very little playtime return on investment. A couple hundred XP for 8 minutes of lobby 2 minutes of play seems lovely, you could dwarf that just sticking up 7-11s and running from the cops.

You'd think that invites and matchmaking would be super quick given the number of people they say are playing the game right now. Enough people to melt the servers, but not enough to create 4-16 man groups in under a minute.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Nice I lost about 15,000 dollars I had saved in my bank when I quit and came back an hour later. My car was also still impounded (I had stolen it back) and all my clothes I had bought were gone. PS3.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Is there a toggle or something for those scanlines on photos? They are ugly as poo poo and make no sense on a phone camera. Unless I'm like watching them back on an arcade game monitor or something.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

madjackmcmad posted:

The links again: https://github.com/panicsteve/cloud-to-butt http://www.flickr.com/groups/cloud-to-butt/

GTAO: My biggest gripe so far is the looooong rear end time you wait for anything. A job ends, and you sit at that like/dislike/continue screen for up to a minute, then there's the vote screen, and THEN if you go into a job that's deathmatch/LTS there's the long wait for joins and invites. After that, you see your team and can change weapons during another 30 second timer... guh! Makes LTS missions terrible because unless you're the god of fight and last till the end of the match, you get very little playtime return on investment. A couple hundred XP for 8 minutes of lobby 2 minutes of play seems lovely, you could dwarf that just sticking up 7-11s and running from the cops.

You'd think that invites and matchmaking would be super quick given the number of people they say are playing the game right now. Enough people to melt the servers, but not enough to create 4-16 man groups in under a minute.

If you have a good group/host it goes fast. It waits for everyone to Like/Dislike, then vote, then the host to set options. So if you have a slacker who doesn't do that poo poo, it feels like forever, but if your crew pays attention it works pretty quick.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

madjackmcmad posted:

The waits are only because some one in your group isnt pressing ready or continue or voting. If you are in a group of people who do all of it properly there arnt any waits really.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Mokinokaro posted:

With a lot of players boycotting MoP entirely.

Off-topic but ahahahaha hell no, there's plenty of people who'll complain about "Blizzard making the game for kiddies, kung fu pandas :qq:" but they still go right ahead and play it just as much.

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

Yardbomb posted:

Off-topic but ahahahaha hell no, there's plenty of people who'll complain about "Blizzard making the game for kiddies, kung fu pandas :qq:" but they still go right ahead and play it just as much.

WoW lost something to the tune of 3-4 million players in the last couple of years. So no they really aren't

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
So since people are playing now: is there no way to play GTA:O with lock-on disabled for everyone? That was the best thing about Red Dead Redemption multiplayer.

I know they'll add it eventually, but drat.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Is there a toggle or something for those scanlines on photos? They are ugly as poo poo and make no sense on a phone camera. Unless I'm like watching them back on an arcade game monitor or something.

I think the patch got rid of them.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Finally got in this morning on PS3, bunch of pub vies in my game and all they want to do is run around shooting you. Can't wait to get the crew going so we can actually do stuff together.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Baron FU posted:

WoW lost something to the tune of 3-4 million players in the last couple of years. So no they really aren't

One of those big times when people freaked out about a sudden drop was because of how "subscribing" works in China or SEA or something, the game's still got insane amounts of people and hah if you think "boycotts" on popular games ever hold out, especially for the flimsy reasons gamers choose. If only I had that image from the "Boycott Modern Warfare 3" group or whatever where like 90% of them are playing it on release. :v:

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Baron FU posted:

There was a slight surge of activity when MoP was released, but it didn't take six months for it to all but vanish.

EDIT: It's nothing that will kill WoW, but it's a definite and noticeable decline.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Where can I find a Phoenix in online? All I can find are Dominators.

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I was hoping that the reward for (Franklin sidequest spoilers)beating up Beverly at the end of his mission chain would be that I could take that sweet camera and use it for pictures.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Going by the prices of RMT by the time this is stabilized (and the cash cards are back) it'll be like $4 for a Coil and just below $10 for a top property, money I won't mind spending. Can we buy heli-pads or hangars though?

aw poo poo look out Henderston

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

MrLonghair posted:

That looks cool, was that photoshopped or is there a way to activate that in-game?

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

Yardbomb posted:

One of those big times when people freaked out about a sudden drop was because of how "subscribing" works in China or SEA or something, the game's still got insane amounts of people and hah if you think "boycotts" on popular games ever hold out, especially for the flimsy reasons gamers choose. If only I had that image from the "Boycott Modern Warfare 3" group or whatever where like 90% of them are playing it on release. :v:

Gaming boycots are pointless. But sometimes people stop playing games because they don't like the direction the series are taking. Both Halo and Gears of War has 1/10th of the playerbase they used to have.

And now people are playing something other than WoW as well. The quarterly last year used the China excuse but they still had an even further subscriber loss this year.

Edit: This derail is pretty pointless. My point was mostly that people actually did stop playing WoW.

Baron FU fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Oct 2, 2013

Harmonica
May 18, 2004

il cinema è la vita e viceversa

MrLonghair posted:

Now all that needs to happen is for the game to be able to show you streams of your friends or crew members on your TV in your house (or at the bar?). I mean, it doesn't do that, right? Because that would be amazing.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
If you steal an SUV like the Gallivanter, sell it at Los Santos customs for 8k plus and then switch over to a single player character and back to your online one the time limit for selling another vehicle appears to be lifted.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Hockles posted:

That looks cool, was that photoshopped or is there a way to activate that in-game?

Yeah it's a filter when you are spectating.

Harmonica posted:

Now all that needs to happen is for the game to be able to show you streams of your friends or crew members on your TV in your house (or at the bar?). I mean, it doesn't do that, right? Because that would be amazing.

It does.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Harmonica posted:

People were saying that it did do that, in fact.

I didn’t get a chance to see for myself.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
Is GTA:O broken solely because of too many people, or is there something else that's wrong with their servers? Even in the middle of the day MST I still can't get past "Waiting for other players"

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Harmonica posted:

Actually it was said early on that that exact thing would happen if someone was in a police chase. News camera footage, et cetera.

madjackmcmad
May 27, 2008

Look, I'm startin' to believe some of the stuff the cult guy's been saying, it's starting to make a lot of sense.

Hockles posted:

When you're spectating a mission, it's one of the first filters you get to by pressing left on the d-pad. It's awesome.

Ravenicus
Jun 30, 2013
Are people's characters still erased/Cloud still down on Ps3? It is for me.

Edit: They are, the alert popped up after the character select, my bad.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

Is GTA:O broken solely because of too many people, or is there something else that's wrong with their servers? Even in the middle of the day MST I still can't get past "Waiting for other players"

There is a required Multiplayer Race you have to do to get into the game. It seems to bottleneck there and never load.

If you can get past that race, the servers are fine and playable. Just everyone mashing into that bottleneck makes it impossible to load into the game.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

MrLonghair posted:

That just makes me want to start a crew called "League of Women Voters".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

Spartehcus posted:

For any goons trying to poopsock money in GTA:O, play the mission Violent Duct over and over again.

Missions takes about 5-10mins including loading time. Scoring you an easy 4-6k plus ak-47 and ammo.

You can easily replay in the mission map selection screen.

Do you have to unlock this mission? I'm not seeing it.

• Locked thread