Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ejstheman
Feb 11, 2004
Is there a bug in Cookie Monster with respect to handling powerups? For example, just now there was a difference of a factor of 722 in the projected income gain from building another mine, based on whether I was in a 7x frenzy or not. Shouldn't it just be a difference of a factor of 7?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Since this is apparently also the Candy Box 2 thread, how do I get the Fortress Key and Grimoire out of the Hole? I can't get out of where either one of them is, and I can't go back to the map without losing them.

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008

Mr. Maltose posted:

Since this is apparently also the Candy Box 2 thread, how do I get the Fortress Key and Grimoire out of the Hole? I can't get out of where either one of them is, and I can't go back to the map without losing them.

Teleport!

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
I uh

I think I made a mistake.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
^^^ Hahaha this exact thing happened to me what are the loving odds.

Kyrosiris posted:

Use the enchanted tribal spear (get the spear from the hole).

NO.
loving.
WAY.

Feline Mind Meld fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Oct 25, 2013

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Has anyone else found the secret from throwing candies onto the ground?

Edit: How do you beat yourself?

Kinu Nishimura fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Oct 25, 2013

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

alcharagia posted:

Has anyone else found the secret from throwing candies onto the ground?

Edit: How do you beat yourself?

To beat yourself you need to become more self-confident. If you want it spelled out, you need the Octopus King Crown.

Edit: I have a question of my own: Is there an actual END to the Super RPG? Once I made it past the Dragon it seemed to just keep repeating the same enemy pattern until I eventually got overwhelmed.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Infinity Gaia posted:

To beat yourself you need to become more self-confident. If you want it spelled out, you need the Octopus King Crown.

But I already have both permutations of that! What, the two ones that do something don't make my guy more self-confident? God. What a lame-o.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

Eldercain posted:

^^^ Hahaha this exact thing happened to me what are the loving odds.

Pretty high actually? The Octopus King as an ally spawns into a random spot and then follows you, rather than summoning in front of you and moving forward like tribesmen and the summoning sword from the first game. This means you either get the King behind you and reaching over your head to take out enemies (which still leaves you taking damage) or in front of you, keeping you from moving, and the only way to clear the path is for it to die... and if another one spawns before the old one can be killed, then you've got a pile of octopi on your hands. Frankly, I think it should be made to work more like the other summoned allies, otherwise... well, we know how that goes.

EDIT: While I'm here, what's up with the rock arrangements in the cave? I feel like I know what's going on with them, but it hasn't gotten me anything yet, and I'm probably not going to be able to shake what I think is the solution out of my head.

Oblivion4568238 fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Oct 25, 2013

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Is there a way to kill the Sea Serpent?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Is there anything else underwater than the sponge and shell powder?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

alcharagia posted:

Is there anything else underwater than the sponge and shell powder?

You can kill certain sharks that drop fins, you'll know them when you see them. They might not show up for a while.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Oblivion4568238 posted:

EDIT: While I'm here, what's up with the rock arrangements in the cave? I feel like I know what's going on with them, but it hasn't gotten me anything yet, and I'm probably not going to be able to shake what I think is the solution out of my head.

They're a map. Check to the northeast on the main map.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

They're a map. Check to the northeast on the main map.

Thanks, that was driving me crazy.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

big mean giraffe posted:

Is there a way to kill the Sea Serpent?

Nope.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Why the hell am I not able to move in Galactic Wars on the Gaming machine?

Woden
May 6, 2006

ejstheman posted:

Is there a bug in Cookie Monster with respect to handling powerups? For example, just now there was a difference of a factor of 722 in the projected income gain from building another mine, based on whether I was in a 7x frenzy or not. Shouldn't it just be a difference of a factor of 7?
It doesn't handle upgrades either, if you're one upgrade away from getting a doubler it doesn't factor it in. I only use cookie monster for the stats page and golden cookie flash, the rest seems kind of off.

LouDog004 posted:

You should reset much more frequently than that. The last five buildings you purchase of a type represent about half the cumulative cost for that building type.

Dum Cumpster posted:

I'd reset if you have a decent amount of chips saved up. I've been doing so every 500 - 1000 and I get ~10 chips per frenzied click frenzy with just my slow old fingers. At 2500 now, with over 3000 if I reset. Might go to 3500 this time.
Ok thanks, guess I'll leave it for a bit and when I get in a clicking mood it's reset time. I was also wrong, was getting ~8 per frenzied click frenzy but that's still hella slow when you're in the thousands of chips.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Color Printer posted:

Why the hell am I not able to move in Galactic Wars on the Gaming machine?

Use your actual keyboard arrow keys. Yes, that's dumb after what they use for the other game.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Woden posted:

Ok thanks, guess I'll leave it for a bit and when I get in a clicking mood it's reset time. I was also wrong, was getting ~8 per frenzied click frenzy but that's still hella slow when you're in the thousands of chips.

I paid attention the next time and I'm actually getting 13 per. I wasn't sure my approach was a good one until you posted about yours, so I'm glad we're helping each other out.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

animatorZed posted:

Use your actual keyboard arrow keys. Yes, that's dumb after what they use for the other game.

You can use your actual keyboard arrow keys in the other game, too.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Anyone know where you find the item that's directly above the A in your inventory?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
I take it you haven't solved A Dark Room yet in the castle?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Sage Grimm posted:

I take it you haven't solved A Dark Room yet in the castle?

I thought I did but I guess not.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

What's the item directly above the L? I've already beaten the game and everything, it's literally the only thing I'm missing, I might as well get it for completion purposes.

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out.

Infinity Gaia fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Oct 25, 2013

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

dis astranagant posted:

I thought I did but I guess not.

Hrm, I thought that slot held the pitchfork. My bad if it isn't.
Did you beat the monster in the desert castle? The one at the end of the spike gauntlet that rocket boots trivializes and the chest holds the unicorn horn, if I remember correctly?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Looks like I did forget the dark room. Not like I really needed it by then.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Yeah, Candy Box 2 was alright. Not great, not bad, just sort of alright. Bit too easy.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

At least the main strategy wasn't as tedious as the first one.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Can you not save candybox? I had the save thing up and it didn't load when i closed and reopened the browser

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
You have to use http://candybox2.net/?slot= (replace # with the slot you saved in).

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
there's an autosave too

h_double
Jul 27, 2001
My experience of the CC endgame is as follows.

a) I've seen everything this game has to offer except the 2000 HC upgrade. I think I'm done.
b) I might as well at least back up an exported save, I'd hate to lose all that time if some cool features get added later.
c) If I'm going to keep the save, I might as well keep it running in a pinned browser tab and just let it run up some more cookies.
d) If it's running in the browser tab, I might as well click some cookies.

This loop repeats itself every couple of hours.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Christ, 4 Cookie Clicker posts in the last three pages. Take your Candy Box chatter elsewhere! t:mad:

Woden
May 6, 2006

h_double posted:

My experience of the CC endgame is as follows.

a) I've seen everything this game has to offer except the 2000 HC upgrade. I think I'm done.
b) I might as well at least back up an exported save, I'd hate to lose all that time if some cool features get added later.
c) If I'm going to keep the save, I might as well keep it running in a pinned browser tab and just let it run up some more cookies.
d) If it's running in the browser tab, I might as well click some cookies.

This loop repeats itself every couple of hours.

Really wish there was an auto clicker that'd:

1) Buy Elder Pledges
2) Only click the big cookie when in click frenzy
3) Still auto click the golden cookies

Tried an auto clicker once but it's pretty game breaking, I just want one that'll pretend to be me. I don't click the big cookie 15 times per second unless there's a click frenzy going on and not buying Elder Pledges seems like a really bad idea if you have an auto clicker going.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

Merijn posted:

Christ, 4 Cookie Clicker posts in the last three pages. Take your Candy Box chatter elsewhere! t:mad:

With the rate at which these games come out, and their general popularity, I believe we could do with a Skinner Box Game General thread? Frankly, the cookie game is kind of dead anyways, because there haven't really been any content updates for weeks. I'm sitting on 11111 HC and I don't even know why I'm still keeping the tab open.

I hate the mandatory potion brewing in the Candybox 2 game. So tedious. I'm stuck at the castle gate and I probably need a P or X potion, am I right? Or am I missing something else?

Oenis fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Oct 25, 2013

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Woden posted:

Really wish there was an auto clicker that'd:

1) Buy Elder Pledges
2) Only click the big cookie when in click frenzy
3) Still auto click the golden cookies

Tried an auto clicker once but it's pretty game breaking, I just want one that'll pretend to be me. I don't click the big cookie 15 times per second unless there's a click frenzy going on and not buying Elder Pledges seems like a really bad idea if you have an auto clicker going.

You're in luck. I just started using these two bookmarklets:
code:
javascript:setInterval(function() {
  if (Game.clickFrenzy > 0)
    Game.ClickCookie();
}, 100);
code:
  if (Game.UpgradesInStore.indexOf(Game.Upgrades["Elder Pledge"]) != -1)
    Game.Upgrades["Elder Pledge"].buy();
  if (Game.goldenCookie.life > 0)
    Game.goldenCookie.click();
}, 100);
If you want just use this one instead, it combines all the functionality:
code:
  if (Game.clickFrenzy > 0)
    Game.ClickCookie();
  if (Game.UpgradesInStore.indexOf(Game.Upgrades["Elder Pledge"]) != -1)
    Game.Upgrades["Elder Pledge"].buy();
  if (Game.goldenCookie.life > 0)
    Game.goldenCookie.click();
}, 100);

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Oenis posted:

With the rate at which these games come out, and their general popularity, I believe we could do with a Skinner Box Game General thread? Frankly, the cookie game is kind of dead anyways, because there haven't really been any content updates for weeks. I'm sitting on 11111 HC and I don't even know why I'm still keeping the tab open.

I hate the mandatory potion brewing in the Candybox 2 game. So tedious. I'm stuck at the castle gate and I probably need a P or X potion, am I right? Or am I missing something else?

It depends. There's a lot of hidden poo poo all over the place. All I can say is, you never need to use a P potion, and while the item the X potion gives you is really useful, it would be of no use whatsoever at the castle gate.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Anyone experimented with P potions? I only managed to get a strange effect once and it just kind of cast like 6 random spells at once.

Woden
May 6, 2006
That script is perfect, thanks Ephphatha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Oenis posted:

If you have the squeeze ability, you can use it to slide right past the castle guards so you don't have to kill them. You'll still take some damage, though not nearly as much as when fighting them. and you just have to make it to the end.

• Locked thread