Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

Not a bad game this, though my first time attempting to team up with people was a bit of a chaotic mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
Speaking of grouping, is the loot is still shared, not instanced like in Diablo 3? I'm not completely opposed to it but as a ranged character it most certainly discourages grouping. Well, with melees anyway.

10bux
Sep 10, 2008

Fewd posted:

Speaking of grouping, is the loot is still shared, not instanced like in Diablo 3? I'm not completely opposed to it but as a ranged character it most certainly discourages grouping. Well, with melees anyway.

There's 3 choices now, FFA, short allocation, and permanent allocation. You can check what it is/change the allocation under the group tab.

Arthe Xavier
Apr 22, 2007

Artificial Stupidity
PoE might be the best free-to-play game I have ever played, and I have tried a whole bunch of them. First off, it is devoid of all "pay-to-win" schemes and obnoxious micro-transactions that usually plague F2P games. Secondly, this game is actually really good and fun to play. The more I progress ( with my Duelist ), the better it gets. I think that PoE is a spiritual successor to the first Diablo above everything else, and I like that. The amount of customization you can do is pretty insane.

Anyway, I'm hooked.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

10bux posted:

There's 3 choices now, FFA, short allocation, and permanent allocation. You can check what it is/change the allocation under the group tab.

Okay, that's cool.

In other news, reading the ranger forum and looking over the builds others are using at high level has made me realize you don't need the far as hell shock passives and many keystones that I've considered mandatory in the past for a LA ranger.

Gonna try a LA/Frenzy ranger with something like this and see how it ends up.

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb
It's a crit build without any crit nodes. It's also going to have huge mana problems, at least until you get a 5l and can socket Blood Magic.

The big deal about the chance to shock% nodes is that they get rolled on every hit, not per skill use like critical hits do. Which means you can more reliably get shock stacks. You can still get some of that effect by cursing with Conductivity, but having the nodes would be better.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Ornedan posted:

It's a crit build without any crit nodes. It's also going to have huge mana problems, at least until you get a 5l and can socket Blood Magic.

The big deal about the chance to shock% nodes is that they get rolled on every hit, not per skill use like critical hits do. Which means you can more reliably get shock stacks. You can still get some of that effect by cursing with Conductivity, but having the nodes would be better.

Yeah, the plan is to have both frenzy and LA with bm gems. I really hate those shock nodes since they're literally as far on the other goddamn side of the passive tree as they can be.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

Fewd posted:

Yeah, the plan is to have both frenzy and LA with bm gems. I really hate those shock nodes since they're literally as far on the other goddamn side of the passive tree as they can be.

Static blows is just an incredible passive for LA, because the fact that it checks on each individual hit means that you are going to end up shocking almost everything in a group every shot. Not only that, but the shock stacks that you're building up will affect other hits from the very same shot that caused them. You might have better luck creating a build if you don't start as a ranger. I've always been of the opinion that Marauder is the best start for LA, though Duelist is a pretty okay start too. I haven't actually tried to create a build, but I bet Scion would work too.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
How's this for an LA/BM Scion?

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Katasi posted:

Static blows is just an incredible passive for LA, because the fact that it checks on each individual hit means that you are going to end up shocking almost everything in a group every shot. Not only that, but the shock stacks that you're building up will affect other hits from the very same shot that caused them. You might have better luck creating a build if you don't start as a ranger. I've always been of the opinion that Marauder is the best start for LA, though Duelist is a pretty okay start too. I haven't actually tried to create a build, but I bet Scion would work too.

:sigh:

The Scion one above looks more feasible with some changes, it does seem to have a lot less projectile/physical damage/ias though. But it's most certainly closer to the shock passives. Wonder what other main skill I could steer my ranger towards? Think I'll just try to do some sort of crit build instead.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Ciaphas posted:

Well, that's annoying. Maybe I want to make a ranged character instead, I don't exactly have time to <enter>/oos<enter> when the poo poo is going really wrong. :(

You can make a simple macro (I recommend AutoHotkey) that will type /oos for you with the press of a button. I haven't played the game in a while but that's precisely what I did to avoid typing it in action.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Oh man. The goon guild tag.

"What should we do with these l66 maps and six letters? :haw:"

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Ihmemies posted:

Oh man. The goon guild tag.

"What should we do with these l66 maps and six letters? :haw:"

Is it buttes, donges or cattes?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Fewd posted:

:sigh:

The Scion one above looks more feasible with some changes, it does seem to have a lot less projectile/physical damage/ias though.

Yeah, it hurts on the damage side but I'll be linking LA to faster attacks and getting every bit of IAS on bow and gloves etc as I can get. Hopefully the shock stacks will help too. Out of interest, what changes would you suggest? That was a quick and dirty tree without too much thought.

Lungboy fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Oct 25, 2013

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

whypick1 posted:

Cyclone, Leap Slam and Flicker Strike, probably all augmented with Faster Attacks.
It's Sweep rather than Cyclone, I think (there's certainly a Sweep icon on his shortcut bar). I assume it's faster attacks, multistrike, and all the attack speed he can find and six Frenzy charges (hence the Duelist start).

I have a Blood Dance on my standard char so I could give this a go myself, heh.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

Ciaphas posted:

Is there some kind of syncing issue in this game right now? I miss an awful lot of attacks, and it's hard to tell if that's statistic or because I'm not where I think I am. Do ranged/casters have this problem?
There are general issues with desyncing because GGG's policy is not to trust the client with anything at all, so that it's as hard as it can be to run hacks or duping tricks. The game tries to predict your position but obviously that's imprecise and when it gets out of sync with what the server thinks is going on you get weird positional issues.

Generally it's a bigger problem with melee, and it's biggest of all if you use lots of movement skills like Flicker Strike or Leap Slam.

The "/oos" command forces a resync but has a short cooldown (10 seconds I think?). Some peope use a macro program to bind a key to OOS and press it every now and again.

It's basically a tradeoff between having a relatively secure client and having smooth gameplay.

Zephro fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Oct 25, 2013

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
I was loving around with the skill calculator, and came up with this for a Frost Witch. Not gonna lie, I just really like the idea of the Chaos Inoculation skill.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

Lungboy posted:

How's this for an LA/BM Scion?
You seem massively short on Dex (ie you've only taken a single dex node). Are you planning to get it all from gear somehow? There are two +30 Dex nodes you could take fairly easily, one by Iron Grip and one northeast of Resolute Technique, though that would still make it hard to use bows from much later than mid-Cruel.

If you socket LA with Life on Hit then it's self-sustaining. And if you're taking a bunch of regen nodes then I don't think any life leech is necessary to sustain Frenzy, unless you want it to help you tank bosses and unique mobs. I find Decoy Totem works better for that, personally, especially since a fair chunk of your life is going to be reserved for auras even with all the -aura nodes.

Zephro fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Oct 25, 2013

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Annath posted:

I was loving around with the skill calculator, and came up with this for a Frost Witch. Not gonna lie, I just really like the idea of the Chaos Inoculation skill.

I was running an Frost Witch during the open beta (although I wasn't decked out or super high level or anything). Just some little advice on some things.

Just some recs:
1) You have a couple +10 Int dead sinks near the top and near Bloodthirst,.
2) Breath of Rune and Increased Chilled Duration isn't worth it because applying chill is very easy. Frozen Duration is kinda useful to have though. I would not bother going past Deep Thoughts until much much later, if at all. If I do, it would be to grab +1 Curse.
3) I would actually recommend getting Nimbelness. Extra Cast Speed helps a lot. It might be worth it to head down to the Scion start from here and pickup Harrier and other Cast Speed passives too.
4) You should pickup the starting +% Crit passives if you're going to get the Bloodthirst Crit circle as its closer and one gives +25%
5) Similarly, pick up the extra +10% Energy Shield stuff near the start.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
I started a scion and the first skill I got was called something like spectral weapon.

That thing only does 60% damage but it hits at least twice and it is amazing for big mobs. I noticed it goes a specific distance away and hangs there grinding away at an unlucky mob who is on top of it in that second of unadulterated DPS.

Is there a upgrade gem that decreases max range? That way I can get mobs to sit in the kill zone easier and create a bottleneck of floating staffs or clubs just slicing through everything.

Global chat told me that slow projectile is one option. Which might be even better since I would still get that range when needed and still hit things 4-5 times when close.

I am a bit perplexed though it it counts as a ranged attack or not. I would assume so, but it needs a melee weapon.

If you guys think it is a skill worth building off I will try to make a tree and see what I get.

I also found a +20% quality Ground Slam which I guess is kinda rare.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Not far in, so I can't answer that.. but now I'm wondering, can you Fork Spectral Weapon? :getin:

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Xaris posted:

I was running an Frost Witch during the open beta (although I wasn't decked out or super high level or anything). Just some little advice on some things.

Just some recs:
1) You have a couple +10 Int dead sinks near the top and near Bloodthirst,.
2) Breath of Rune and Increased Chilled Duration isn't worth it because applying chill is very easy. Frozen Duration is kinda useful to have though. I would not bother going past Deep Thoughts until much much later, if at all. If I do, it would be to grab +1 Curse.
3) I would actually recommend getting Nimbelness. Extra Cast Speed helps a lot. It might be worth it to head down to the Scion start from here and pickup Harrier and other Cast Speed passives too.
4) You should pickup the starting +% Crit passives if you're going to get the Bloodthirst Crit circle as its closer and one gives +25%
5) Similarly, pick up the extra +10% Energy Shield stuff near the start.

How's this look?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Spectral Throw does not benefit from Fork (I tried) because it doesn't "hit" a mob and stop like other projectile attacks do. It's like Freezing Pulse in that manner, so it benefits from things like Projectile Speed and Lesser/Greater Multiple Projectiles.

My level 20 spectral throw ranger died last night :smith: but I'll be trying again soon enough.

melon farmer
Oct 28, 2009

My boy says he can eat fifty eggs, he can eat fifty eggs!

Annath posted:

Unfortunately, pain attunement treats "low" life as a % of your maximum life, whereas chaos inoculation puts you at 1/1 all the time (except when you're dead) so they don't synergize. Most builds that use pain attunement permanently put themselves "on low-life" by reserving auras off of their life by linking them to a blood magic gem. But then, chaos damage becomes a huge concern. So, these low-life builds either avoided all chaos damage areas entirely (you will never find chaos damage in Piety's Lunaris Temple, for example) and were just farming characters, or tried to obtain the incredibly rare and highly desired Shavronne's Wrappings.

Beyond that: are you the type of player that gets discouraged by hitting a wall? or is the roguelike feeling of incremental success a cool thing that, assuming the gameplay is good, you can dig? If it's the latter, then jump in, freeze bitches until the game gets hard, then learn/get some gear/try again. If it's the former, then check out any of the official forums guides to get a feel for some builds, and/or there are a lot of people here (me) that will post words for days about builds.

Happy hunting!

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Spectral Throw does not benefit from Fork (I tried) because it doesn't "hit" a mob and stop like other projectile attacks do. It's like Freezing Pulse in that manner, so it benefits from things like Projectile Speed and Lesser/Greater Multiple Projectiles.

My level 20 spectral throw ranger died last night :smith: but I'll be trying again soon enough.

There's a weird hierarchy thing with pierce/fork/chains. I can't remember the order, but I know that it only rolls for the later ones if you don't get the earlier ones, so because Spectral Throw has a 100% chance to pierce, neither of the others work.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

melon farmer posted:

Unfortunately, pain attunement treats "low" life as a % of your maximum life, whereas chaos inoculation puts you at 1/1 all the time (except when you're dead) so they don't synergize. Most builds that use pain attunement permanently put themselves "on low-life" by reserving auras off of their life by linking them to a blood magic gem. But then, chaos damage becomes a huge concern. So, these low-life builds either avoided all chaos damage areas entirely (you will never find chaos damage in Piety's Lunaris Temple, for example) and were just farming characters, or tried to obtain the incredibly rare and highly desired Shavronne's Wrappings.

Beyond that: are you the type of player that gets discouraged by hitting a wall? or is the roguelike feeling of incremental success a cool thing that, assuming the gameplay is good, you can dig? If it's the latter, then jump in, freeze bitches until the game gets hard, then learn/get some gear/try again. If it's the former, then check out any of the official forums guides to get a feel for some builds, and/or there are a lot of people here (me) that will post words for days about builds.

Happy hunting!

Honestly, I am just trying to have some fun while I beat the game once so I can roll a Scion. Good tip about the Pain Attunement thing though, that was the whole reason I took it :P

I do like the idea of Choas Innoculation though. Immunity to Chaos Damage, and pump myself full of Energy Shield. I'm also having a blast smoking hordes of skeletons with Ice Nova (the caster-centered ice-aoe thing).

I originally wanted to go fire magic, but the game gave me exactly one fire spell gem (fireball) until after I had to choose which of the 3 elements to buff (frost/fire/lightning walker)

Coldstone Cream-my-pants
Jun 21, 2007
Do Reduced Mana Cost passives work on auras? Like the 5 pts for 19% below the Scion starting area?

The description reads "#% reduced Mana Cost of Skills".

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Chance to hit still exists in this game as well so if you're low level your accuracy is most likely going to be poo poo. I recommend anyone play this through at least to the end of the first difficulty because it's basically trivial, and by the time you're nearing 40 you've basically started playing an entirely new game, which is much moe fun. I quit multiple times because of how boring I thought the game was because of the first act but after muscling through it it gets much much much more enjoyable.

Also would weapon throw be good on a templar? I was thinking of making a scion and just tossing my level 37 Templar the gem and see what I can do with some actual passive points and a bit of gear plus a 4L

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

Annath posted:

Honestly, I am just trying to have some fun while I beat the game once so I can roll a Scion. Good tip about the Pain Attunement thing though, that was the whole reason I took it :P
Any build with even a modicum of thought or sense behind it (like, don't take all bow passives and then run around with a big mace or something) can clear normal, so if that's all you want to do for your first char then don't worry - you've got a lot of leeway!

quote:

I do like the idea of Choas Innoculation though. Immunity to Chaos Damage, and pump myself full of Energy Shield. I'm also having a blast smoking hordes of skeletons with Ice Nova (the caster-centered ice-aoe thing).
There are things that synergise very nicely with CI. There's a red support gem called Melee Damage on Full Life, for instance, which gives you a big boost to damage as long as you're on 100% health. Since with CI you're either on 100% or dead with nothing in between...

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Fewd posted:

I understand that a lot of people play this game in something of a hurry, but I feel like there's no reason for most of the behavior I've seen in groups, especially at low levels and/or non-competitive leagues. Playing in groups increases your loot, both in quantity and rarity last I heard, and by significant amounts, so I try to encourage grouping via the slow process of not being a jackass when I am in a group with someone.

Aside from the usual behaviors, there's a couple of small, specific things you can do to make grouping less painful for everyone:

I immediately turn the looting to Permanent Allocation if I'm the leader. It reduces confusion and prevents the most prevalent rear end in a top hat behavior, loot snipers/ninjas ("whose orb was this?" "mine" "no mine") and also allows you to go "hey <name>, there's an <item> over here assigned to you, come to my position on the map and get it".

I also play fast and loose with portal scrolls; if someone gets gibbed or has to AFK, as soon as you see them either fall over or say they've returned, drop a portal so they can jump right back into the action. Also, if you didn't already know this, have at least two people drop a portal right outside boss rooms or on the inside edge. Portals only disappear when the person who made them returns FROM TOWN through them! This allows people to jump back in if they get killed but also lets you hop to town once you've grabbed the good stuff, sell/stash the valuables, then pop back through to grab the lovely blues and whites to offload them on the vendors. Even if it's just a group of two, I was getting Portal Scrolls dropped much more frequently than I was using them, in Domination League with no IIQ, which means there's not much excuse not to use them.

Don't have a massive cloud of groupies following you. I have a zombie honor guard on my current character, because as a non-ranged mage (hi, Ice Nova!) I need additional targets for the enemies. I don't have any increased minion count and I do not yet have a Spell Totem for the Skeletons gem I picked up earlier, and honestly I don't expect to "fix" either of these "issues", because I am as frustrated as anyone else at not being able to see / target enemies / grab loot, because of a cloud of minions. I'm not saying a pure-summoner build makes you a bad person or anything, but it can be annoying in groups, especially once you start having a dozen zombies, double that in skeletons, and 4~5 specters. (Specters especially, for the love of god, don't leave the group all of a sudden to go grab new curtain dudes or whatever. You have other party members, let us do the lifting, we get it.) Just keep minions in small and manageable groups, is what I'm saying here.

Those are just my main things, and they may not work for everyone, but I feel like just these couple things make grouping a lot more fun for everyone. Now if only I could get some of the goddamn pubbies to read this... :sigh:

E: I totally forgot about curses cause I don't use them nearly as often as I should.

melon farmer posted:

The other group etiquette thing I'd add is about curses. If there's someone casting elemental weakness or crit weakness (which helps the whole party) don't come over the top of it with your Flammability if you're the only fire build. Similarly, if there's a melee character that is getting into big packs, let them use enfeeble or warlord's mark or whatever they are doing to keep the heat on them and off of you.
There's a couple ways to have extra curses, but I am not sure how they interact with group members.

Raitzeno fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Oct 25, 2013

melon farmer
Oct 28, 2009

The Royal Scrub posted:

Do Reduced Mana Cost passives work on auras? Like the 5 pts for 19% below the Scion starting area?

The description reads "#% reduced Mana Cost of Skills".

No they don't. "Reduced Mana Reserved", however...

There is also a Reduced Mana support gem that works on both skills and auras, though its quality bonus only affects skills.

Raitzeno posted:

Don't have a massive cloud of groupies following you. I have a zombie honor guard on my current character, because as a non-ranged mage (hi, Ice Nova!) I need additional targets for the enemies. I don't have any increased minion count and I do not yet have a Spell Totem for the Skeletons gem I picked up earlier, and honestly I don't expect to "fix" either of these "issues", because I am as frustrated as anyone else at not being able to see / target enemies / grab loot, because of a cloud of minions. I'm not saying a pure-summoner build makes you a bad person or anything, but it can be annoying in groups, especially once you start having a dozen zombies, double that in skeletons, and 4~5 specters. (Specters especially, for the love of god, don't leave the group all of a sudden to go grab new curtain dudes or whatever. You have other party members, let us do the lifting, we get it.) Just keep minions in small and manageable groups, is what I'm saying here.

EDIT: this is so true, to the point that many public groups will NAME THEIR GROUP "running 66-68 maps no summoners pls". I feel so left out :(

Though if my build can fit in 2-3 auras (with aura passives, RM gem, maybe eldrich battery? 2 is certain, hoping for 3 but not optimistic) I'm hoping they'll take me for my Vitality + Purity + Discipline/Haste.

The other group etiquette thing I'd add is about curses. If there's someone casting elemental weakness or crit weakness (which helps the whole party) don't come over the top of it with your Flammability if you're the only fire build. Similarly, if there's a melee character that is getting into big packs, let them use enfeeble or warlord's mark or whatever they are doing to keep the heat on them and off of you.

melon farmer fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Oct 25, 2013

lonter
Oct 12, 2012
I made a Scion and got to level 30 without needing to use any other skill than spectral throw + 2h weapon. It's just too good. Like someone said earlier it seems to be able to hit enemies more than twice.

At level 30 I got a multiple projectiles gem and now it's crazy.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

lonter posted:

I made a Scion and got to level 30 without needing to use any other skill than spectral throw + 2h weapon. It's just too good. Like someone said earlier it seems to be able to hit enemies more than twice.

At level 30 I got a multiple projectiles gem and now it's crazy.

At perfect range, the weapon will sit on the enemy and spin, hitting a lot more than twice.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010

melon farmer posted:

EDIT: this is so true, to the point that many public groups will NAME THEIR GROUP "running 66-68 maps no summoners pls". I feel so left out :(

The only response to this is to make summoner only groups. Let the feebleminded kill the monsters themselves while us true pimps let our minions do the hard lifting!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Can a witch based entirely on fire spells work, either by direct damage or by applying lots and lots of Burn, without any special gear?

Also, regarding /oos using AHK, isn't using AHK in any capacity probably bannable?

(edit) Oh yeah, when people talk about "keystones" they're just talking about the stupid big poo poo at the end of the tree like Chaos Inoculation and Avatar of Fire, right?

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

Is it worth ID'n every item before you sell it? If so, how would I best get more scrolls of wisdom?

melon farmer
Oct 28, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

Can a witch based entirely on fire spells work, either by direct damage or by applying lots and lots of Burn, without any special gear?

Also, regarding /oos using AHK, isn't using AHK in any capacity probably bannable?

(edit) Oh yeah, when people talk about "keystones" they're just talking about the stupid big poo poo at the end of the tree like Chaos Inoculation and Avatar of Fire, right?

Yep. Popular fire witch builds have included builds using Firestorm as the main skill, Fire Trap builds, and dual totem with Incinerate or Flame Totem. Some builds include fireball in some capacity or another as well but it's hard to make a main skill because it doesn't have great AoE. The best end-game weapon for virtually any fire caster build is Searing Touch (which also happens to be an incredibly popular twink/leveling weapon), but it's far from required and you can pretty much jump right in and burninate - its one of the builds where you actually level up using the skills you plan to use end-game, so it's easy to start from scratch. Once my summoner is finished off I'll probably play a fire witch next.

AHK is a grey area. GGG's stance on it in the past is that if you are using it to make one menu command into one hotkey, it's ok. So I use it to bind one of my mouse buttons to /oos, F2 to /remaining, and F3 to /itemlevel. Using it to automate gameplay is obviously a no-no. The grey area (probably bannable) would be to do something like bind one button to spam an item you're selling to every trade chat channel by going "<post item>, /trade 1, up-up-Enter, /trade 2, up-up-Enter, etc.". I haven't pulled the trigger on that one but there are streamers who do.

Yeah keystones are the big build-defining nodes like you mention. Usually the first step in planning a build from scratch is picking the skills and/or keystones you want to use.

cougar cub posted:

Is it worth ID'n every item before you sell it? If so, how would I best get more scrolls of wisdom?

In a vacuumn yes, because ID's items a) have a chance at being an upgrade and b) sell for alteration shards which are in general more desirable than transmutation shards.

But, at the start of the game I usually only ID items I might use since wisdom scrolls are in short supply through roughly A2 normal. During that time, the rest of the items I pick up I sell unid to get transmute shards, the resulting transmute orbs can be used both to make magic items for yourself and also transmute orbs vendor for 4 wisdom scrolls if you ever truly need a scroll.

By mid A3 you'll have a big buffer of wisdom scrolls and should ID everything you find, and by your second or third character you'll have stacks of them in your stash.

Used to be you could sell them to farmers who stacked increased item quantity mods and would blow through 200+ scrolls a day, but there's no IIQ mods in the new leagues so I don't know what the new scroll sink is going to be.

melon farmer fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Oct 25, 2013

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

I'll Sequence your Storm.
Using AHK by itself is not bannable. Here is a Chris post about AHK: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/473902/page/6

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Going to be either YoungLean or RealTrapShit in game. Posting for an invite to the guild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I'm using Spectral Throw, LMP, Life Leech and faster projectiles at the moment as my attack, and I need some build advice. I'm going for something like this, but I'm not really sure where to go next. I don't really have any plans other than maybe just keep grabbing life nodes and elemental resists. I'm sure there are some inefficiencies in the path I take, too. Any good clusters I should be heading for/replacing what I've got?

I'm not sure whether it would be worth swapping leech for LGoH, and what to do with the bandits for Cruel and Merciless. Any advice?

Deformed Church fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Oct 25, 2013

• Locked thread