Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Magnets are my only weakness.
"Finishing the Tower of Nightmares meta-achievement will reward the player with a personal Krait Obelisk Shard, a place of power for their home instance. It can be used to obtain a skill point and to charge Quartz Crystals once per day."

Does this mean a skill point per day in your home instance? I dunno what quartz crystals are, but a free skill point might actually get me to go there to mine candy corn.

Meh, i don't understand the quartz thing and will probably rarely use it

forkbucket fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Oct 29, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

^^^ Skillpoint is onetime, but the place of power is reusable once per day to make charged quartz. Celestial gear for everyone!

What the gently caress is that, some kind of glowing bug?

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

CLAM DOWN posted:

^^^ Skillpoint is onetime, but the place of power is reusable once per day to make charged quartz. Celestial gear for everyone!

What the gently caress is that, some kind of glowing bug?

The light blue stuff only shows up when wielded. When stowed, the shield is just the dark, plant-like portions.

Anasurimbur
Nov 18, 2010

SHODAN Processing Component 43893

CLAM DOWN posted:

^^^ Yeah it's a bit confusing at times, as there is no clearly defined ENDGAME like in WoW, etc. Ask this thread, guild chat, for help and tips!

Gosh, I haven't even thought about end game yet. I'm not sure if this game rewards or fuels my ADD. Right now it's "heading for a hear-ooh, a vista. Ok, going to finish this hea-ooh, a special eve-ooh, a skill up challenge."

Seriously thanks, though. I'll definitely need to research solid warrior WvWvW builds.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

UchihaHirou posted:

The light blue stuff only shows up when wielded. When stowed, the shield is just the dark, plant-like portions.

Let's face it, it doesn't really matter, I need to get it anyways.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Let's face it, it doesn't really matter, I need to get it anyways.

Zhulik and I will fulfill our side of the suicide pact for buying keys. gently caress financial responsibility.

TwoQuestions
Aug 26, 2011
I found a build on the GW2 forums:
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQFAUlIqic3zyuF1LJyoCdWoHFmEqWiUkfW2nCyFA-j0xAYfACEQWsIasVwioxqrxUqER1uEioapAsYLA-w

You essentially keep in melee range of whatever target you want to kill, and spam bombs that heal you, becoming very difficult to kill. Is there something terribly wrong with this build, as I'm tired of tossing grenades at 1400 hoping they hit what I'm aiming at through the lag.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

UchihaHirou posted:

Zhulik and I will fulfill our side of the suicide pact for buying keys. gently caress financial responsibility.

Tonight we do the deed. Prepare both of you.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I'm getting the sword, the dagger and the greatsword. Those look pretty legit.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
What exactly constitutes the leg portion of that medium set? Unless the boot part is actually the legs and not the feet, it might just be skivvies.

Fake edit: remoting in from my phone to buy them.

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.
I never clicked "buy" so fast as when I saw that new armor for my guardian.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Anasurimbur posted:

Right now it's "heading for a hear-ooh, a vista. Ok, going to finish this hea-ooh, a special eve-ooh, a skill up challenge."
This is the Correct way to play GW2.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Weapons look pretty bad in the screenshots, but a lot of times they don't translate well. I think all of the armor is terrible. Might actually not spend the ticket I have saved up this time!

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

mesc posted:

Weapons look pretty bad in the screenshots, but a lot of times they don't translate well. I think all of the armor is terrible. Might actually not spend the ticket I have saved up this time!

I'm pretty the blade of the weapons are translucent water that goes away when not being wielded so they could look amazing in game.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time

TwoQuestions posted:

I found a build on the GW2 forums:
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQFAUlIqic3zyuF1LJyoCdWoHFmEqWiUkfW2nCyFA-j0xAYfACEQWsIasVwioxqrxUqER1uEioapAsYLA-w

You essentially keep in melee range of whatever target you want to kill, and spam bombs that heal you, becoming very difficult to kill. Is there something terribly wrong with this build, as I'm tired of tossing grenades at 1400 hoping they hit what I'm aiming at through the lag.

I have been running this build on my engineer for a very long time. It not the best damage at all but my thief buddy loves me as he can sit in melee range almost every boss fight. The gear choice is spot on as well, however I chose different runes (some healing crap I forget, probably Water). It's very tanky but people (pubs) will hate you for not having berserker gear. Run dungeons with goons instead!

edit: Cleric's gear + Dwayna Runes.

J3ng4 fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Oct 30, 2013

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

Heavy armor

HOW IS THAT FAIR?

Oh what in the poo poo. gently caress you, Anet t:mad:

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

:sigh:

Still waiting for that appropriately tanky-looking heavy armor skin for my femnorn guardian.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

the sluttiest warrior queen.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

BexGu posted:

I'm pretty the blade of the weapons are translucent water that goes away when not being wielded so they could look amazing in game.

The weapons look amazing in game.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

This is a loving crime.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Posting the big pictures inline.

This is completely ridiculous. The only things that are obviously from the same set are the gloves. Boots/shoulders are vaguely similar. Helms are totally different, and the chest/pants...wow.

y_3
Aug 18, 2010

Instead of a full suit of armor you get one boob cup.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Elysiume posted:

Lieutenants (alternatively, Silvers or Elites) are a type of foe most often found inside dungeons.

I know what lieutenant mobs are, I'm referring this this patch note: * The Toxic Alliance is the toughest force yet, and their arrival brings with it the debut of the elite species type. With its difficulty level situated between a veteran and a champion, elite enemies are designed to challenge small groups of players outside of group instances.

If that's just a way of saying 'some of these mobs will be lieutenants' then that seems kind of dumb to call it a debut of a new type.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Is there a youtube of the new finisher yet?

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Is there a youtube of the new finisher yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj_bLOD0ouE

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
Dulfy updated the gallery to include the Norn male version. :suicide:
Looks terrible scaled to Norn proportions. Does this mean I need to now make a male human who wears heavy?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Well that's just weird.

metacorder
Dec 7, 2007

last of the uplift gnarssh

UchihaHirou posted:

Does this mean I need to now make a male human who wears heavy?

No, just wait 2 weeks. Maybe they'll get it right next time.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
Has anyone found any links previewing the new dyes?

quote:

[&AgE6vwAA] Toxic Dye Kits
[&AgEcvwAA] Blacklight Dye
[&AgEdvwAA] Cobolt Dye
[&AgEevwAA] Cyanide Dye
[&AgEfvwAA] Limonite Dye
[&AgEgvwAA] Vincent Dye
[&AgEhvwAA] Violite Dye

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

CLAM DOWN posted:

Well that's just weird.

I don't know, the big, blue, bright flower growing out of a enemies corpse is a nice "gently caress You" type of finish.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Secret Sweater posted:

Oh my gently caress, there are new dyes too?? I'm going to be so broke.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Jetamo posted:

Update has hit.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-October-29-2013

EDIT: Picture for the next biweekly release here.

So ... that sure as heck looks like a Krait Margonite, there. The history of the Margonites definitely lines up with the ascension of the Krait Prophets, so ... interesting.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Femininity is VERY important on the field of battle. Your ample bosom must show or your allies will not respect you and your enemies will scoff at how homely you look in plate mail.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
This rose has thorns... HYEAHH THEY AHHHHH

Enos Shenk
Nov 3, 2011

Well that was a nice 10 gold from doing the new Kessex plant stuff for a couple hours since the patch.

After the events you harvest the pristine spore poo poo, and for quite a while there it was selling up to 7s apiece on the trading post. I regret turning in the first 25 or so to Marjory, after I realized they weren't bound I just sold them as I looted them. The price is dropping fast though, so sell before it bottoms out.

Cephid
Dec 28, 2012

Secret Sweater posted:

Has anyone posted up images on how the new dyes look yet? I don't see anything on dulfy for them.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

How do I level as an engineer? Bombs?

I'm level 19. I've been switching between bombs, grenades, and pistol skills on the fly between each's respective cooldowns. Things die and I think I'm fast but then I see a warrior or a rogue kill something(s) and I cry inside. :saddowns:

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
The legs on the human/female/medium set is a tiny skirt. Totally worth it.

edit:

ItBurns fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Oct 29, 2013

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
I'm going to have to pickup a plant-lightsaber weapon or two for my Sylvari Guardian. I wish they would make more weapon that look different when stowed like these. I know there are a couple out there now, current favorite is the Whispers Greatsword (foldy sword woo!). What's with all the feathers for light armor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup

Xovaan posted:

How do I level as an engineer? Bombs?

I'm level 19. I've been switching between bombs, grenades, and pistol skills on the fly between each's respective cooldowns. Things die and I think I'm fast but then I see a warrior or a rogue kill something(s) and I cry inside. :saddowns:

As someone who has a guard and warrior at 80 and a 21 engy.... dunno what you're on about my bombs blow the poo poo out of everything.

Make sure you have a sigil of bloodlust and 1 rune with 10 power in each armor slot = +175 power you probably wouldn't normally have.

• Locked thread