Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

This guy shouldn't be so confident...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

into the void
Feb 13, 2011

Small Frozen Thing posted:

Why don't the animal rights groups go after factory farms? Those are way more horrifying, and their very existence is harmful for public health, even disregarding the suffering of the animals in them.

Because Amuricans love meat but are unsure to full on against animal testing (because, again, television and movies have depicted a pretty inaccurate picture of animal research). Just ask a few random people about the topic; you'd be surprised how many are in the very least undecided about animal testing. People would be less sympathetic to animal rights groups coming in and destroying property of farmers. It's also harder to steal livestock.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Small Frozen Thing posted:

Why don't the animal rights groups go after factory farms? Those are way more horrifying, and their very existence is harmful for public health, even disregarding the suffering of the animals in them.

Farms are waaaaay out in the country and farmers have, like, guns, man.

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

Animal rights activists do sometimes go after farms, most notably mink farms. As you might imagine, releasing thousands of fuzzy little predators into an ecosystem tends to cause quite a lot of problems for the local wildlife.

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

hallo spacedog posted:

This kind of poo poo is normal for retail/customer facing jobs, sadly. I got snapped at by a guy long ago when I worked at Starbucks because I wasn't wearing my ring during my shift and therefore when he asked me out and I turned him down, it was my fault for leading him on (his words).

I'm not trying to be contentious, but I have worked many a service job and, while I am not an attractive woman myself, I've worked with many and witnessed many instances of sleazy poo poo. But nothing like that. drat.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

vaguely posted:

Animal rights activists do sometimes go after farms, most notably mink farms. As you might imagine, releasing thousands of fuzzy little predators into an ecosystem tends to cause quite a lot of problems for the local wildlife.
There's a guy called Gary Yourofsky who did just that and spent two months in a Canadian jail for it. Minks are pretty vicious towards small animals (they rip their throats out) so setting them loose is such a stupid, destructive and hypocritical thing to do. Also, that guy I mentioned is an all-around horrible person.

Gary Yourofsky posted:

Every woman ensconced in fur should endure a rape so vicious that it scars them forever. While every man entrenched in fur should suffer an anal raping so horrific that they become disemboweled
:byodood::People who disagree with me should be brutally raped!

Celery Face has a new favorite as of 22:55 on Oct 29, 2013

Experto Crede
Aug 19, 2008

Keep on Truckin'

I know, don't touch the poop, but this irritates me massively.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
"Copied to clipboard"

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

into the void posted:

People would be less sympathetic to animal rights groups coming in and destroying property of farmers.

Haha, factory farms have as much to do with farmers as third world sweatshops do with small businessmen. They're terrifying industrial hellscapes with effectively no regulatory oversight that ravage the land surrounding them and render them unfit for human habitation, and spread prion diseases.
It's so depressing that people don't know more about that poo poo.

Laverna
Mar 21, 2013

into the void posted:

Because Amuricans love meat but are unsure to full on against animal testing (because, again, television and movies have depicted a pretty inaccurate picture of animal research). Just ask a few random people about the topic; you'd be surprised how many are in the very least undecided about animal testing. People would be less sympathetic to animal rights groups coming in and destroying property of farmers. It's also harder to steal livestock.

I am very against factory farming. :( I never buy cage eggs because even the thought of it horrifies me, but I do know a lot of people who just don't care. Occasionally we have ads by animal rights groups about chicken and pig farming but I don't watch TV so I don't know if they still have them.

We recently had something going on about people protesting recreational drugs being tested on animals. I don't know the whole story but I think it seems like a stupid thing to test on animals since there's a huge difference between legal highs and potentially life-saving drugs.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

"The funnyman with jokes and laughing" is a visionary.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Hahaha, he just got an eye transplant and they sent him home the same day. Modern medicine is amazing!

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

This guy shouldn't be so confident...

If I'm reading that post correctly, he agrees with you.

Officially die.

Funnyman rocks!

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

:stonk:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Thanks cousin!

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!

Jesus Christ. :suicide:

Legislacerator
Dec 26, 2006

1 W1LL H4V3 ORD3R 1N TH1S RUMPUSBLOCK!

They.... they can't be serious, right?

:allears: what a world we live in

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

:wtc: I'm trying to figure out their train of thought in my head, and I just keep coming to roadblocks that any sensible person would come to and stop there.

E:

Legislacerator posted:

They.... they can't be serious, right?

:allears: what a world we live in

Y'know what? I think their friend just got a huge surplus of blackface makeup and they're desperately trying to use it all up. I can only hope.

pulp rag has a new favorite as of 23:57 on Oct 29, 2013

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Jokes on them. While they may have been trying to look black, what they actually look like is "tanning mom" Patricia Krentcil. Good job, racist losers.

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

pulp rag posted:

:wtc: I'm trying to figure out their train of thought in my head, and I just keep coming to roadblocks that any sensible person would come to and stop there.

Their train of thought appears to be 'bad attention is as good as good attention, and people will follow me on twitter & tumblr if I piss everyone off, and then by being followed, I'll be important'

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

Tiggum posted:

Hahaha, he just got an eye transplant and they sent him home the same day. Modern medicine is amazing!

If I'm reading that post correctly, he agrees with you.

Officially die.

Funnyman rocks!

If you are adding the letters together, not multiplying, you can't cancel out the T's, I am very disappointed in funnyman.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

jiharlequinade posted:

I'm not trying to be contentious, but I have worked many a service job and, while I am not an attractive woman myself, I've worked with many and witnessed many instances of sleazy poo poo. But nothing like that. drat.

Just being told you're "leading me on" by a guy is pretty tame compared to some of the poo poo I saw customers pull in retail. I remember one who just wandered around the store, kind of looked the female employees over as he found them and made really lewd/creepy comments about their bodies and looks in general. The managers on shift were pretty much useless and thought poo poo like that was funny, so he was just left free to wander until I guess he got bored (or was shocked he didn't get numbers) and left. And as a cashier you were basically a captive audience for the weirdos who decided to buy something.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Kimmalah posted:

Just being told you're "leading me on" by a guy is pretty tame compared to some of the poo poo I saw customers pull in retail. I remember one who just wandered around the store, kind of looked the female employees over as he found them and made really lewd/creepy comments about their bodies and looks in general. The managers on shift were pretty much useless and thought poo poo like that was funny, so he was just left free to wander until I guess he got bored (or was shocked he didn't get numbers) and left. And as a cashier you were basically a captive audience for the weirdos who decided to buy something.

It's not just retail, either. In college I worked for one of those "Merry Maids"-type housecleaning services. It doesn't pay as much as say, construction, so almost all of the cleaners were women. We had one client who lived in a very expensive house up in the mountains who had a twice-weekly cleaning contract with us. Most people weren't at home when we arrived to clean, but this guy made a point of always being there. He would sit in the living room and drink coffee and read the paper until he saw one of us (it was usually a two-person job, his house was big) go into the master suite to clean the bedroom and ensuite bathroom. Then he would follow you in and watch while you cleaned his bathroom. Just stand there a few feet away, breathing heavily and sweating slightly, eyes glassy, while he stared intently at you scrubbing the toilet on your knees. And while the rest of the house was always beautiful and immaculate and barely needed cleaning at all, the toilet in his bedroom was stained with rivulets of piss all over the outside, crusted with dried piss under the seat, caked dried piss all over the base, the carpet around it was soaked with piss... :gonk:

Finally all of the female cleaners absolutely refused to do that house, no matter how the maid-service owner cajoled or threatened. Our lone male cleaner, Ron, who was a standup guy, put an end to it by going as half the team and cleaning the toilet himself. One of the sweetest moments of my life was watching that creep come to the door of the bathroom only to see me washing the walls of the shower while Ron scrubbed his filthy loving toilet, his face fell like a little kid who just found out Christmas was canceled. When we all went out after work that night I bought every one of Ron's drinks.

bonestructure has a new favorite as of 02:11 on Oct 30, 2013

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Holy sh*t this was empty posted on my Facebook so I can only assume the poor girl thought it was a great piece of writing.

http://elitedaily.com/dating/sex/why-chivalry-is-dead-from-a-mans-perspective/

First, for no reason it has a picture of Zooey Deschanel doing eyeliner? Maybe that was the trap to get young women interested.

Anyways, some choice quotes

Modern Day Italian Stallion posted:

In the hookup culture we now live in, it’s pretty obvious that chivalry is completely dead. Maybe my parents were old fashioned, maybe growing up in a tight knit Italian family resulted in different values, but I was always preached the value of chivalry and etiquette from the women in my life.

dipshit posted:

For me, it’s not about the money, and I get why people are stingy when it comes to going out with people they don’t know. Look, I get it. Sh*t costs money. But really, what’s the difference? Treat yourself to a good meal, and if the company is good, why the hell wouldn’t you take a girl out to a nice dinner?

ughhhhh posted:

The real problem here is that women, for one reason or another, have become complacent...We no longer have to put in the effort of flowers, chocolates, dates, etc., and if we do, we come off as stage-five clingers. I’m not looking for a girlfriend, nor am I looking for a wife. If I take you out to a nice dinner, it’s because I’m a nice guy, and I am looking forward to spending time with you somewhere other than the bedroom.

And finally, his credentials (Disclaimer I haven't been to his website)

quote:

Growing up in New Jersey in an Italian household taught John a lot about women. Mostly the stubbornness about them. The proud author of https://www.datingsagame.com loves discussing relationships and why women and men act the way they do.

I was just talking to my girlfriend about how it is crazy to me that someone posts picture of Leo DiCaprio giving his umbrella to a date because it is pouring outside, and it gets flooded with likes and comments about what a man Leo is and how their life would be if only a real man like that was around. I think as much as men build up women, there is definitely a weird Unattainable Prince Charming vibe working it's way through you women.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

obscurer en tut posted:

It's not just retail, either. In college I worked for one of those "Merry Maids"-type housecleaning services. It doesn't pay as much as say, construction, so almost all of the cleaners were women. We had one client who lived in a very expensive house up in the mountains who had a twice-weekly cleaning contract with us. Most people weren't at home when we arrived to clean, but this guy made a point of always being there. He would sit in the living room and drink coffee and read the paper until he saw one of us (it was usually a two-person job, his house was big) go into the master suite to clean the bedroom and ensuite bathroom. Then he would follow you in and watch while you cleaned his bathroom. Just stand there a few feet away, breathing heavily and sweating slightly, eyes glassy, while he stared intently at you scrubbing the toilet on your knees. And while the rest of the house was always beautiful and immaculate and barely needed cleaning at all, the toilet in his bedroom was stained with rivulets of piss all over the outside, crusted with dried piss under the seat, caked dried piss all over the base, the carpet around it was soaked with piss... :gonk:

Finally all of the female cleaners absolutely refused to do that house, no matter how the maid-service owner cajoled or threatened. Our lone male cleaner, Ron, who was a standup guy, put an end to it by going as half the team and cleaning the toilet himself. One of the sweetest moments of my life was watching that creep come to the door of the bathroom only to see me washing the walls of the shower while Ron scrubbed his filthy loving toilet, his face fell like a little kid who just found out Christmas was canceled. When we all went out after work that night I bought every one of Ron's drinks.

I loving love this story so much.

Uhh, except for the part about the creepy dude who pissed all over the place so he could stare at hired maids clean his filthy toilet. But the rest of it was great!

At least he umm, never had to have the cops called on him? Hurray?

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:

Crazyweasel posted:

Holy sh*t this was empty posted on my Facebook so I can only assume the poor girl thought it was a great piece of writing.

http://elitedaily.com/dating/sex/why-chivalry-is-dead-from-a-mans-perspective/

Oh boy you saw this too. The comment with the most likes though is pretty :allears:, as is the 3rd top rated one

quote:

Article in a nutshell:

"Man, I'm just trying to be a nice guy, but women these days are too busy being whores to appreciate me. Chivalry is dead!"

Wait, wut?

KillarySwank
Jun 24, 2013

Lemon Flavoured
Do we know where Funnyman is from? Naira has been mentioned in a previous post, so my guess is Nigeria. Confirmation on this?

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

KillarySwank posted:

Do we know where Funnyman is from? Naira has been mentioned in a previous post, so my guess is Nigeria. Confirmation on this?

I always figured he was Indian.

EDIT: I just checked, it says he is from Pakistan.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Anybody have a link to that article that says Florida drug testing for welfare is a huge failure? I have an idiot to educate.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Anybody have a link to that article that says Florida drug testing for welfare is a huge failure? I have an idiot to educate.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/18/us/no-savings-found-in-florida-welfare-drug-tests.html

Here is one from the Ny Times, but be prepared for lieberal media bullshit.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

It's Utah, but is this the thing you were looking for?

http://www.salon.com/2013/08/29/gop%E2%80%99s_inane_money_eating_sham_drug_tests_for_welfare_a_huge_failure/

Pasty Doughboy
Dec 23, 2006
With red way hair. One day it will all be gone, I’ll go blind from the glare

Thankfully, at least some of the comments are rational in telling this moron why he is wrong.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Those are both great thanks!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Matbe the only reason kids didn't take inappropriate selfies is because they didn't have cell phone cameras and constant online access wherever they are? Nope! Kids were never, ever bad before. No one in the history of forever has ever complained about "youth these days".

nyquil hangover
Jun 27, 2013

sick but sociable
People who complain about "kids these days" never seem to complain about the adults who raised them.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

Picnic Princess posted:

Matbe the only reason kids didn't take inappropriate selfies is because they didn't have cell phone cameras and constant online access wherever they are? Nope! Kids were never, ever bad before. No one in the history of forever has ever complained about "youth these days".

I saw a picture once of a historical document from like, Greek and Roman times, complaining about the next generation of kids being the downfall of society because they didn't respect their elders. Can't for the life of me remember who it was saying it...

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Shannonmcn posted:

I saw a picture once of a historical document from like, Greek and Roman times, complaining about the next generation of kids being the downfall of society because they didn't respect their elders. Can't for the life of me remember who it was saying it...

I recall seeing something like that, too. The only thing like it I can find at the moment is this XKCD comic that pretty well demonstrates that old people have been complaining about the same things for more than a century.

RoeCocoa
Oct 23, 2010

nyquil hangover posted:

People who complain about "kids these days" never seem to complain about the adults who raised them.

They do, but it nearly always takes the form of passive-aggressive and terrible advice-- namely, "you didn't hit them enough" and "you shouldn't have had them if you were going to go on welfare." For some reason, I only hear the latter from people who are both anti-abortion and anti-raising-the-minimum-wage.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

dijon du jour posted:

I recall seeing something like that, too. The only thing like it I can find at the moment is this XKCD comic that pretty well demonstrates that old people have been complaining about the same things for more than a century.

Socrates posted:

The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.

Those fuckin' kids crossing their legs! Well, I never!

Slum Village
Oct 6, 2013

Shannonmcn posted:

I'm pretty sure it was Socrates.

EDIT: drat. Way late.

Slum Village has a new favorite as of 18:01 on Oct 30, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varjon
Oct 9, 2012

Comrades, I am discover LSD!
David Malki had a nice little article about a monk railing against the printing press using all the same arguments you hear today.

http://wondermark.com/true-stuff-monk-vs-press/

Things never change.

:allears:

• Locked thread