Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bad news bareback
Jan 16, 2009

The only problem I've had with map design is being able to swim under things that were previously accessible before the floods. Like the staircases in the parking garage, for some reason I wasn't able to go under water and swim through the 1st floor entrance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Someguy
Jul 15, 2001

by Lowtax
So is below radar still a thing in this game? Obviously not infantry versus aircraft (because of crybabies), but aircraft versus aircraft?

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Sedisp posted:

So the 20 mm cannons for the scout choppers wreck everything that has the misfortune of being made of meat and bones. The downside is with the less than stellar magazine size belt feeder is a needed equip.
These were well worth the learning curve of the normal 7.62mm miniguns. I never used the scout a lot in BF3 but watching a stream of someone eviscerating everything in sight(then again, he had a squad member on each side repairing) me want to level up the scout heli ASAP.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Sedisp posted:

I want you to picture the BF3 maps. The closest map to Metro is two or three times better than the best BF3 map.

That's a bit of an exaggeration. Operation Locker is by no means a good map in my opinion. I'd say it resembles Davamad Peak more than anything else, if Davamad Peak had more than one level. It still has terrible choke points that consist of a single hall or doorway and the snow path might as well be a hallway itself. But at least not everyone is funneled into a single room so its slightly better than Metro.

Send_Ninjas
Oct 10, 2006

Whip Slagcheek posted:

I can't even get the game to move beyond "Initializing" Happening in all game modes. Tried updating my drivers, punkbuster, and doing clean installs of Origin and bf4. Still have nothing. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Anyone had this issue and fixed it? Getting pretty annoyed that I paid $60 to stare at battlelog.

This is what my battlelog looks like atm. So I'm not having much better luck.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Acquilae posted:

These were well worth the learning curve of the normal 7.62mm miniguns. I never used the scout a lot in BF3 but watching a stream of someone eviscerating everything in sight(then again, he had a squad member on each side repairing) me want to level up the scout heli ASAP.

With the engineers you are invincible without them as long as you're good you won't be dieing to anything but your own mistakes.

The 7.62s are still fantastic weapons and I'd prefer them if not for the fact that all of the maps the scout chopper spawns on have copious amounts of cover for the ground peasants.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

skinny white boy posted:

Knife counters this game is sick
your tags are mine, fucker

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Kibayasu posted:

It varies map to map. Flood Zone's map change is fairly substantial where it floods the entire lower part of the entire map or Shanghai where collapsing the skyscraper creates a dust cloud that lasts for the rest of the match. Other maps like Rogue Transmission/Zavod has a fairly impressive looking event with the dish/smokestacks collapsing, but that doesn't change anything except points around them. Paracel Storm is similar to the latter where crashing the destroyer dramatically changes the C point and nothing else but similar to the former in that also causes the storm to kick in which dramatically changes the boat fights where you have to deal with waves twice the height of your boat.

Destruction in general is ramped up a bit though. A lot more walls to take out.

Edit: I think Golmud's is just the train moving closer to your spawn when you hold it because DICE ran out of ideas I guess.

Golmud has IEDs strewn about. Kinda boring really. Zavod lets you detonate a warhead which makes people die of radiation poisoning and closes off the area between C and D to vehicle travel. I couldn't figure out how to work Hainan. I could light the oil puddles on the ground just fine but the hotel never caught fire.

E: I also can't get kills worth a drat with the REX, even on hardcore. Even if I flank a thousand sperglords zero in on my dome as soon as I'm about to line up a shot.

Robot Randy fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Oct 30, 2013

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I am extremely upset about the G3a3 being left out of this game. How can I cancel my pre-order?

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

BadLlama posted:

I am extremely upset about the G3a3 being left out of this game. How can I cancel my pre-order?

Yeah I was pissed about that too. Loved it for tapping single shots in Battlefield 2, enjoyed it in Bad Company 2, and thought it was alright in Battlefield 3. Now it's gone...

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

I luv the itty bitty Phillies!

DrPop posted:

Really there's a huge opportunity if they just include some of the city proper outside the subway a la Locker, but unless they go in a completely different direction than the original I don't know why they sought two "Operation Metros"

I actually am excited about the new Metro. All it would take is a couple more paths to be lots of fun. The meatgrinder "B" flag wasn't that bad so much as how every game seemingly became a spawn camp party. An additional above ground layer with scout helicopters is probably out of the question :smith:

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Dvsilverwing posted:

Yeah I was pissed about that too. Loved it for tapping single shots in Battlefield 2, enjoyed it in Bad Company 2, and thought it was alright in Battlefield 3. Now it's gone...
The DMR version of the SCAR-H should probably fit your needs.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
New AMD beta drivers out

quote:

Feature Highlights of The AMD Catalyst 13.11 Beta8 Driver for Windows
​​Includes all Feature Highlights of the AMD Catalyst 13.11 Beta7
Resolves intermittent crashes experienced with Battlefield 4 on Windows 8 based systems

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx

Hot off the presses this morning, gonna try it and see if it cures my RSOD on map change.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Ravenfood posted:

The DMR version of the SCAR-H should probably fit your needs.

Eh, like I said, I'm really loving the QBZ Assault Rifle that you unlock from the Campaign at the moment.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

After playing with shotguns a whole bunch, I'm really not feeling the slug lyfe this time. The fact that you don't oneshot people up close anymore means that you really lose out on versatility. It seems that on most maps you're probably better off with a full choke and buck/nails

Buckwild Dorf
Apr 5, 2011

by XyloJW

TenementFunster posted:

your tags are mine, fucker
:cheers:

Kibayasu posted:

That's a bit of an exaggeration. Operation Locker is by no means a good map in my opinion. I'd say it resembles Davamad Peak more than anything else, if Davamad Peak had more than one level. It still has terrible choke points that consist of a single hall or doorway and the snow path might as well be a hallway itself. But at least not everyone is funneled into a single room so its slightly better than Metro.
You can blow open entrances right beside those tunnels and it's wicked cool looking

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

BadLlama posted:

please tell me you aren't serious

nevermind I bet you are a loving console casual anyhow

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Even though I've restarted origin several times in the last 24 hours, I'm just now downloading that 677 mb update people were talking about yesterday. Strange.

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
Wish this poo poo would stop crashing. Usually I get to be the one letting my eyes slide right over posts like this on launch days :(

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

TenementFunster posted:

please tell me you aren't serious

For a 2003, I am surprised that went right over your head.
(No I am not serious, Guess its just an MMOHMO thing)

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Oct 30, 2013

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

I'm sorry if this has been answered but this thread is really long, is there a place where Euro goons play together? Pings to KFS aren't... bad, but I'm not sure playing with goons with worth playing with a 150 ping over a 30 ping

Caik
Oct 3, 2013

ethanol posted:

Even though I've restarted origin several times in the last 24 hours, I'm just now downloading that 677 mb update people were talking about yesterday. Strange.

It showed up for me after checking for updates.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

BadLlama posted:

Guess its just an MMOHMO thing
yeah sorry for not getting your World of Warcraft horseshit :2003:

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Someguy posted:

So is below radar still a thing in this game? Obviously not infantry versus aircraft (because of crybabies), but aircraft versus aircraft?

No, sadly, but missiles and damage in general only terminally cripple your jet at sub 15% or something around there as opposed to 40 or whatever it was in bf3. It takes about 4 missiles and change to take you out so you need to play a bit more evasive. Also the jet heals way slower than in bf3.

e: Does anyone know of any kind of comprehensive damage meters for weapons and whatnot like they put together for bf3? Is it too early to expect something like that?

Snazzy Frocks fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Oct 30, 2013

SAMARIX
Jul 8, 2013

ethanol posted:

I think this was a different patch.
Patch Notes Zero-downtime Update, October 30th 2013

Edit: Whoops, did not see that it was for battle log

SAMARIX fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Oct 30, 2013

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

That's only for Battlelog, not the actual game.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

TenementFunster posted:

yeah sorry for not getting your World of Warcraft horseshit :2003:

Agreed, shooting mans is far better.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

I'm not sure if it was ever confirmed in this thread. I applied Premium to my account today, and the number of layers available in the emblem editor doubled from 20 to 40.

Well that is certainly something I missed, time to work

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Maybe I'm blind, but I was told to look on the map screen or deploy screen for chances to use my xp boosts...I don't see it :(

SAMARIX
Jul 8, 2013

Elendil004 posted:

Maybe I'm blind, but I was told to look on the map screen or deploy screen for chances to use my xp boosts...I don't see it :(

Press ESC, it is on the bottom right.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Hm. See, Battlefield 4, when I Quick Match for Obliteration, that doesn't mean "oh yes, put me in a lovely Squad Deathmatch game on Shanghai." What the gently caress, game?

Edit: God dammit, there needs to be an easier way to cancel my reload. Also, why did they try to mask their stupid increased spawn timer with the loving lovely new killcam style. I'd rather not be stuck in that stupid screen for 8 seconds and then be forced to waste my time I could've been spawned changing my loadouts if I need to. I should be able to cancel out of that stupid poo poo.

Also, we should be able to cancel parachute and do it again if necessary, cause it takes way too long to hit the ground otherwise.

Lightning Knight fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Oct 30, 2013

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

SAMARIX posted:

Press ESC, it is on the bottom right.

Ah thanks!

edit: yay looping sound crash!

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

ethanol posted:

Ditto, checked for updates / repaired game install and nothing happened yesterday. Figured everyone was just crazy or had damaged preloads.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Quickmatch should not select empty servers what the hell?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Propaganda Hour posted:

New AMD beta drivers out

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx

Hot off the presses this morning, gonna try it and see if it cures my RSOD on map change.

I god I hope this works. I've actually figured out how to prevent the RSOD without installing these new drivers. Just make a shortcut to bf.exe, set compatibility mode to Windows 7, and use that to launch battlelog for multiplayer. I still got the crashes to desktop, but I haven't got a red screen/reboot since then.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
So if I don't let the credits scroll past I'm guessing I won't be getting the weapons from the campaign assignment? These are long rear end credits.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Sober posted:

So if I don't let the credits scroll past I'm guessing I won't be getting the weapons from the campaign assignment? These are long rear end credits.

Takes a second to show up in battlelog, but I quit out of the credits immediately each time and I have all the unlocks.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Propaganda Hour posted:

New AMD beta drivers out

Broken download for me. Windows says the file is unsigned and running it nonetheless says the installer is corrupted.

Leneson
Nov 2, 2012
I got on the 120mm cannon in the AC-130 and landed rounds within FEET of infantry; didn't even get a hit marker. Is splash damage busted on the JDAM and AC-130?

Edit: I don't think I killed a single dude with it, even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Randler posted:

Broken download for me. Windows says the file is unsigned and running it nonetheless says the installer is corrupted.

I'm installing it fine right now.

• Locked thread