Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sappo569 posted:

So on the topic of all the hack talk.

I was playing last night and every 2-5 minutes the server would announce :"Shittyplayer1234" banned for GameHack" or some such.

Either the server was a hot bed for hackers, or the system is really cracking down.

I for one am glad to see this, as games like War Z were swarmed with hackers, and we all know how that finished up.

On the other side of the conversation, why is it these super great hack programmers are able to create, market, and sell their product in the open. Do the game companies simply allow it "because"?

It can't be that hard to track the guys down for charge them with a whole slew of offenses, considering they are receiving payment for a product (paypal?)

Don't know bout the last part, but I was playing Thunder Dome (server) and their anti cheat was banning fools like it was going out of style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Those are global messages.

Grey Fox V2
Nov 14, 2008

Augmented Balls of Titanium!

CombatBonta-kun posted:

From what I can tell, there are camos and there are paints. I have 3 camos and 1 paint from the battlepacks, the paint I can use, but the camo have red boxes around them. I'm assuming that the camo changes the camo that your soldier wears, but if what I read was correct, that hasn't been implemented in the game yet.
This is the correct answer.

Urby posted:

Why is the emblem maker eating up as much time as I've actually played? Now I can live my Metal gear fantasies.

Link to your Battlelog profile please? That really awesome.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Those are global messages.

Really... huh.

Well either way the tool seems to be working.

:clint: Make my day, hackers

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Sappo569 posted:

Really... huh.

Well either way the tool seems to be working.

:clint: Make my day, hackers

If it comes from pbbans I'm pretty sure.

Buckwild Dorf
Apr 5, 2011

by XyloJW
Is the game still a buggy piece of poo poo! ?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

If it comes from pbbans I'm pretty sure.

PBBans will broadcast on all their servers when somebody gets banned, yeah.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

skinny white boy posted:

Hasn't crashed in days or done anything else weird on my iMac.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Sappo569 posted:

On the other side of the conversation, why is it these super great hack programmers are able to create, market, and sell their product in the open. Do the game companies simply allow it "because"?

It can't be that hard to track the guys down for charge them with a whole slew of offenses, considering they are receiving payment for a product (paypal?)

I don't think it's actually illegal to make such a program. EA/DICE can say you're breaking our terms so gently caress off but unless they're stealing data or something I don't think they're actually doing anything that could get them charged with anything.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
I put the server at 32p Rush / Oblit rotation, and Normal configs earlier this morning and it has been empty all day, dunno...

Jalapeno0
Mar 9, 2013

Grey Fox V2 posted:

This is the correct answer.

Link to your Battlelog profile please? That really awesome.

Here ya go: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/Urbyrat/stats/336195337/pc/

accept my drat friend request Urby :D

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

skinny white boy posted:

32 player servers are pretty inoffensive from what I've experienced. 64 player servers are hit or miss, but the only error I receive in those is DirectX crashes so it may very well be the AMD beta drivers screwing up (there's no framerate issues/it's not the card overheating). I've yet to run in to a server crash.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

ghetto wormhole posted:

I don't think it's actually illegal to make such a program. EA/DICE can say you're breaking our terms so gently caress off but unless they're stealing data or something I don't think they're actually doing anything that could get them charged with anything.

I'm not a big city lawyer or anything, nor am I any type of lawyer :suspenders:

But there has to be a criminal charge for someone creating a program that will ruin your product for everyone else involved.

Either way it is a moot point I guess, since BF4 seems to be quite adept at banning

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I am running 331.65 nvidia drivers, updated maybe 36 hours ago? I seem to be having bf4.exe locking up on me much more frequently. Something :dice: did or should I roll my drivers back?

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

LumberingTroll posted:

I put the server at 32p Rush / Oblit rotation, and Normal configs earlier this morning and it has been empty all day, dunno...

Its early in the day, KFS is empty too right now. Make sure to throw a PGS thread up if you haven't already. I'll be looking to play some oblit later today personally.

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

skinny white boy posted:

TBH last night was........better

I love pubbies who chase the bomb in Obliteration like cats chasing a lazer pointer. My knife loved it and recon + c4 + wookie balls = :getin:

wuat
Jul 12, 2009

Sappo569 posted:

I'm not a big city lawyer or anything, nor am I any type of lawyer :suspenders:

But there has to be a criminal charge for someone creating a program that will ruin your product for everyone else involved.

Either way it is a moot point I guess, since BF4 seems to be quite adept at banning

The only thing the criminal justice system cares about is intellectual thievery because of how archaic everything is, an example of this is glider copying WoW into different memory space in order to avoid the anti cheat. The way most hacks work are they're injected into the game, get pointers to objects and poo poo already in the game, and use/abuse them to their benefit. There's not really anything you can sue them for doing, as they aren't stealing your IP they're simply modifying it to their own purposes, which is completely legal, at least for now.

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening
Is the RPG the best anti-tank launcher for damage? I can usually hit with it so I'm good to pass on any assistance there, except maybe when it comes to choppers.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

wuat posted:

The only thing the criminal justice system cares about is intellectual thievery because of how archaic everything is, an example of this is glider copying WoW into different memory space in order to avoid the anti cheat. The way most hacks work are they're injected into the game, get pointers to objects and poo poo already in the game, and use/abuse them to their benefit. There's not really anything you can sue them for doing, as they aren't stealing your IP they're simply modifying it to their own purposes, which is completely legal, at least for now.

Technically it's reverse engineering which is court approved all the way back to the 80s. I think the relevant case involved copy protection for one of Segas consoles.

Edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_v._Accolade

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Jalapeno0 posted:

going to do this tonight, what files did you need to use?

PROFSAVE and PROFSAVE_header are the files you need.

I dropped them in booted up campaign sat through one cinematic and closed out just to make sure.

So glad to have the M249 wow is it amazing. The shank owns too.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Space Hamlet posted:

Is the RPG the best anti-tank launcher for damage? I can usually hit with it so I'm good to pass on any assistance there, except maybe when it comes to choppers.

Basically, although the wire guided one isn't that much less I think.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

They need to make the mortar not get resupplied from the ammo box.

39-2 on TDM with just the mortar. It was laffo.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Space Hamlet posted:

Yes, though they all seem to do about the same on the front armor.

wuat
Jul 12, 2009

Space Hamlet posted:

The SRAW is better solely due to the fact that you can ADS, shoot one rocket into the air, reload, ADS, and shoot another and it will guide both, doing like 50-60 damage within one second.
And you can hit helicopters with it. :getin:

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

wuat posted:

The SRAW is better solely due to the fact that you can ADS, shoot one rocket into the air, reload, ADS, and shoot another and it will guide both, doing like 50-60 damage within one second.
And you can hit helicopters with it. :getin:

Does the SRAW get the same bonus damage and mobility hit for the rear of tanks? That's my favorite thing about BF4.

wuat
Jul 12, 2009

ChronoReverse posted:

Does the SRAW get the same bonus damage and mobility hit for the rear of tanks? That's my favorite thing about BF4.

Yeah, it has positional damage but can't crit (I'm pretty sure)

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

skinny white boy posted:

It actually got a lot worse for me. Since yesterday I have been able to complete maybe 1 or 2 games. Im just going to stop until it gets better, too much wasted time losing all my progress.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

alg posted:

They need to make the mortar not get resupplied from the ammo box.

39-2 on TDM with just the mortar. It was laffo.

It resupplies automatically with or without the ammo box, I'm not sure the ammo box speeds it up or not. If you move it after you run out of ammo and replace it you'll get full ammo anyway.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

Liberatore posted:

We won't come close to catching the majority of hackers until artificialaiming goes down, and that is far less likely to happen.

Mind to explain please? As I read it on reddit some dude came from the AA site and claimed the AA staff told their members to "stay low" and under the Radar, disable many features and so so. FairFight does seem to have an impact then, I guess, at least.

Edit: nm, just read your other posting about the coding

Mr.PayDay fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Nov 7, 2013

wuat
Jul 12, 2009
Boats are way too much fun why is this even possible

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Made a PGS thread for the CTS server.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3582974

Sputty
Mar 20, 2005

I joined a server and something noticeable must've happened because there were like 10 or so people getting kicked for PB bans. It was pretty funny, though, because those people would've got in the server a week ago probably.

Wang
Apr 10, 2003

dance dance ferret revolution

Boat chat: For the love of christ if you're driving on flood zone in the city, don't stop completely, you are basically sentencing your rear guys to death by poo poo lord snipers who now feel validated for doing nothing but camping on the tallest building.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Sputty posted:

I joined a server and something noticeable must've happened because there were like 10 or so people getting kicked for PB bans. It was pretty funny, though, because those people would've got in the server a week ago probably.

If they're through PBBans those are global, not just on that server.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Sputty posted:

Maybe it's just confirmation bias but I feel like a significant amount of my deaths come from snipers who got to their favorite spot and just sit there the entire game, padding the poo poo out of their K/D to increase the size of the e-peen.

Sputty
Mar 20, 2005

Party Plane Jones posted:

If they're through PBBans those are global, not just on that server.

I had no idea PB could broadcast to the entire population of people playing BF4. That's kind of weird. Still, it was a lot more than I've literally ever seen before.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Wang posted:

Boat chat: For the love of christ if you're driving on flood zone in the city, don't stop completely, you are basically sentencing your rear guys to death by poo poo lord snipers who now feel validated for doing nothing but camping on the tallest building.

And if you do this don't bitch about people "not repairing you". I'm not going to repair 10-20 points and die every time I spawn on your boat :mad:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Tracula posted:

Maybe it's just confirmation bias but I feel like a significant amount of my deaths come from snipers who got to their favorite spot and just sit there the entire game, padding the poo poo out of their K/D to increase the size of the e-peen.

The great thing about TDM now is that because levels are so closed off and there's ways to block areas off (the roofs on Zavod with hatches, the crane and radio tower on the Arecibo level, the roof on the dam level, the roof on Shanghai)) you can claim the upper ground, set up a beacon, and never be dislodged from it. Two of them can be reached only via long ladder climbs and the other two can be blocked off entirely (closing hatches on Zavod) or halfway (Shanghai you can blow up all the glass, making it impossible to traverse to the other side.) If your team is in any way competent you can have one squad laying down fire from above and these rest of them cleaning up on the ground. The spotting ability alone goes a long way towards helping your team win.

Smooth Willis
Jul 12, 2013
You keep your progress in the match if the game just crashes right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Party Plane Jones posted:

The great thing about TDM now is that because levels are so closed off and there's ways to block areas off (the roofs on Zavod with hatches, the crane and radio tower on the Arecibo level, the roof on the dam level, the roof on Shanghai)) you can claim the upper ground, set up a beacon, and never be dislodged from it. Two of them can be reached only via long ladder climbs and the other two can be blocked off entirely (closing hatches on Zavod) or halfway (Shanghai you can blow up all the glass, making it impossible to traverse to the other side.) If your team is in any way competent you can have one squad laying down fire from above and these rest of them cleaning up on the ground. The spotting ability alone goes a long way towards helping your team win.

I'm going to master the Airburst eventually and wreck all the snipers.

• Locked thread