Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

Smooth Willis posted:

You keep your progress in the match if the game just crashes right?

If your game crashes, yes; your stats will be saved when the round ends even if no battle report shows up for you. If the server crashes, then you get nothing, good day sir!

Edit: Wizballs do get resupplied by the ammo crate. However, don't hit the button to bring them up as you'll throw one and need to restock. Just cycle through your other guns/gadgets to make sure they have full ammo and you'll know for sure you're getting more wizballs.
VVVV

OGS-Remix fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Nov 8, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

ChronoReverse posted:

I'm going to master the Airburst eventually and wreck all the snipers.

It won't work because you can hide beacons in areas that can't ever be hit short of a mortar. You can kill the snipers, yeah, but they'll just spawn back up there and mess with your day.

Side note, the little motion sensor balls? Awesome tools. I wish you could get more of them because they really help with scouting.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Party Plane Jones posted:

It won't work because you can hide beacons in areas that can't ever be hit short of a mortar. You can kill the snipers, yeah, but they'll just spawn back up there and mess with your day.

Side note, the little motion sensor balls? Awesome tools. I wish you could get more of them because they really help with scouting.

This is why I'm carrying a mortar around instead of an XM-25 when I'm support now. The airburst is great for killing bad snipers but a lot of them have already learned to sprint far, far away from ledges as soon as a shot is fired in return. Not too many expect the mortar yet. It's already come in handy for the roofs in Zavod, Dam, Resort, and occasionally in Dawnbreaker.

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Here you go, op :toot:
How do you carry anything other than c4? Support with c4 is the ultimate soldier. Nothing can stop him because with c4, you can destroy everything

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Well that was a fantastic game on Locker, of all maps.
Turns out the LAW turns this into Quake Rocket Arena!

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

washow posted:

How do you carry anything other than c4? Support with c4 is the ultimate soldier. Nothing can stop him because with c4, you can destroy everything

Because gently caress snipers.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

washow posted:

C4 would be great if you still had 6 sticks of it like you did in BF3. But you don't, that's only unlocked as part of the squad bonus system.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Sappo569 posted:

Well either way the tool seems to be working.

I don't think it is, this is way too many people in a short period of time and this is only what we can see through PBbans. The only times I've ever seen anything close to this was really stupid false positives or PB being dumb (banning anyone with Autohotkey running in background). I can't find a single person who was banned whose stats look even the tiniest bit suspicious and I checked over 50 people.

Edit: Or at the very least they have caught one site but caused a hell of a lot of collateral damage in the process.

Sendo fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Nov 8, 2013

Skiffard
Jan 6, 2010
Is the game worth buying?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Skiffard posted:

Did you like Battlefield 3?

I AM CARVALLO
Apr 19, 2007

Head Kicker GOTY
I didn't have the looping sound crash at all last weekend. Twice today. Also had a server crash and two client crashes.

On the upside performance is smoother?

:(

eKKo
Jan 11, 2013

Skiffard posted:

Even though there are issues to be ironed out... it's still worth buying.

Skiffard
Jan 6, 2010

Kibayasu posted:

Did you like Battlefield 3?

I actually did

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Skiffard posted:

I actually did

Then go hog wild my goontleman.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Skiffard posted:

I actually did

It's like BF3 if you made it better and then made it crash more often.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Yeah if you like battlefield and are ok with the fact that video games have rough launches in the year 2013 you will like this game.

Skiffard
Jan 6, 2010

Shima Honnou posted:

It's like BF3 if you made it better and then made it crash more often.

Well, hey, sounds awesome.

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010
If the crashing makes you hesitant there's no harm in waiting for the potential Black Friday deal to come around.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Umberger posted:

32 player servers are pretty inoffensive from what I've experienced. 64 player servers are hit or miss, but the only error I receive in those is DirectX crashes so it may very well be the AMD beta drivers screwing up (there's no framerate issues/it's not the card overheating). I've yet to run in to a server crash.
Are you getting those errors with the new AMD drivers that came out today?

ElProducto
Oct 9, 2001
if you want to live low, live low
I liked BF3, but something always seemed off. BF4 fixed almost all of my issues, crashing aside obviously. It's like they took the best parts of BF3 and BC2 and put them together in a way that really works.

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

Acquilae posted:

Haven't tried them, wasn't aware. Was using the ones released on October 30th.

Sputty
Mar 20, 2005

Acquilae posted:

Didn't know about these. I'm downloading them now. Did anyone notice any improvements? I pretty much consistently crash on Dawnbreaker still so maybe it will help there.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Sputty posted:

Didn't know about these. I'm downloading them now. Did anyone notice any improvements? I pretty much consistently crash on Dawnbreaker still so maybe it will help there.

I know for certain that the beta 7 drivers were crashy and beta 8 (which came out like three days later) fixed that.

These are the beta 9 drivers and don't appear to improve anything unless you own one of those new 290/X cards.

I suspect you're on beta 7 which is why you have a lot more crashes.

Keep in mind that BF4 still crashes for reasons other than the video card drivers right now.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

I don't get this game. Campaign is stuttering mess but for the most part MP runs fine. It was the same for me in BF3 too.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

How the gently caress are you even supposed to even know what's going on with all the performance/stability differences between drivers? I've got a Radeon hd7870 I believe but I have no idea what's going on with all these different officials and betas.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
What are the recommended graphical settings to reduce stuttering if you've got an older CPU and a good GPU? I'm not getting a ton of it but it causes me to die enough that I'd like less.

Griz
May 21, 2001

Tracula posted:

Maybe it's just confirmation bias but I feel like a significant amount of my deaths come from snipers who got to their favorite spot and just sit there the entire game, padding the poo poo out of their K/D to increase the size of the e-peen.

I spent several hours playing 48/64p domination for the sole purpose of unlocking the mortar so I could kill those guys.

64p domination is amazing for shotguns, there's no vehicles, no chokepoint explosive spam like Locker, and an endless supply of lovely snipers trying to camp on the edge of the map.

KatMan911
Jan 21, 2002
CHEAP FUCKASS. I HAVE NO COMPASSION. IGNORE ME. I AM WORTHLESS.

CombatBonta-kun posted:

One thing that I didn't see mentioned that is pretty specific for Battlefield is that you need to keep your ears open as well as your eyes.

Battlefield has the best sound of any game I have played and paying attention to what you hear can really make a difference. There have been multiple times when I have gotten the jump on an enemy squad in a CQB situation because I hear someone yelling in Russian when I'm on the U.S. team.
While extremely useful when I'm the one audiowhoring, that really loving bugs me when I'm the one being heard. I think it could use some proper toning down, where not every single action requires an audio callout. I DON'T WANT my soldier to yell "HERE! TAKE THIS MEDKIT!":supaburn: every time I'm throwing it down, even when there's nobody else around. Who am I yelling to? Is my soldier so lonely, he has to have an imaginary squad of friends? What's going on?

BIFF!
Jan 4, 2009
Big thanks to the_FERRET for sending me my gift of BF4!

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

KatMan911 posted:

While extremely useful when I'm the one audiowhoring, that really loving bugs me when I'm the one being heard. I think it could use some proper toning down, where not every single action requires an audio callout. I DON'T WANT my soldier to yell "HERE! TAKE THIS MEDKIT!":supaburn: every time I'm throwing it down, even when there's nobody else around. Who am I yelling to? Is my soldier so lonely, he has to have an imaginary squad of friends? What's going on?

I actually found out earlier today that there's vocalizations for when you get a promotion. I leveled up near some dudes and one of the soldiers said something like "Just heard about your promotion, nice job!"

Good thing we cleared the area of enemies so they couldn't all find that guy immediately with his talking!

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
It could be worse, Red Orchestra 2 had your soldiers scream at the top of your lungs when you were getting ready to bayonet someone.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

It could be worse, Red Orchestra 2 had your soldiers scream at the top of your lungs when you were getting ready to bayonet someone.
I'm now kind of upset the "bayonet" knife isn't a barrel attachment for actual bayonets.

Mushball
May 23, 2012

That's the best part of playing Japanese in the Rising Storm add on for RO2. Those dudes just scream their heads off when you hold down melee and sprint with any weapon.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

hreple posted:

Yeah, those "should" be the same and they're crash-prone as all hell on my 580GTX at least. Still, going to give them a try later on and see if there's any difference to be had.

I'm still running 314.22 drivers on my 460GTX. Anything newer than that and my computer locks up every 30 minutes - even if it's just sitting idle at the Windows desktop. Sooo annoying. A google search led me to a thread where many others were having the same problem, rolling back to 314.22 fixed it for a lot of people. BF4 bitches at me about my old drivers every time I start the game.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Actually if soldiers just started screaming in each other's faces during the takedown animation, I'd never use a gun.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Pharmaskittle posted:

Actually if soldiers just started screaming in each other's faces during the takedown animation, I'd never use a gun.

Agreed. I don't care if it ruins my having flanked and gotten behind that whole squad.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
It's like Chivalry. Screaming is the main attraction!

BF4 would be much improved if there was a "FOR AGATHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" button

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

fivre posted:

It's like Chivalry. Screaming is the main attraction!

BF4 would be much improved if there was a "FOR AGATHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" button

I just scream this into the mic on every single game now

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Long live'm Malric. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
I miss strike at karkand, does :dice: have any intentions on making a BF4 version?

• Locked thread