Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
How can this be money? It's not gold!

Looking at JRPGs as libertarian/sovereign citizen propaganda really adds to the experience. It's everywhere once you start looking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I am a Free Man on the Land and as such I will not enter contract with the state, re: property taxes, and thus you cannot tax me on my vast collection of novelty blades and gelatinous comestibles. I will not be tried in the kangaroo court. The fringe around the royal flag belies this court's nature as an admiralty court, and as per the Prego Accords, I am not a sailor, as I have not signed away to the state my rights to not be forced to serve in the Royal Navy. Up yours, idiots. * walks away with various weapons stained with own blood and packets of jell-o powder*

jawbroken
Aug 13, 2007

messmate king

Kuvo posted:

:ghost: SPOOKY UPDATE :ghost:

Ep 22: Halloween Special 4 and the Goblet of Fire Youtube

Any idea why there's no 720p encode of this video?

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010

jawbroken posted:

When things get this anime you lose a bit of quality.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

jawbroken posted:

The source upload was probably 640x480 rather than 960x720.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

jawbroken posted:

Most likely caused by fonons interfering with the recording equipment.

Derpes
Oct 5, 2010

Dastardly posted:

Most likely caused by fonons interfering with the recording equipment.

I think you mean Aer interfering with the recording Blastia :colbert:

Toma
Jul 18, 2011

Behold my elaborately animated eyes.
I think you're lying about that Ion kid. There's no way a boy could sound that ditzy.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

jawbroken posted:

Because Tales of the Abyss is a PS2 game, and it runs natively in 480i. It's not a very good looking game, it doesn't even support the HD component cable some PS2 games support.

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010

Sydin posted:

Because Tales of the Abyss is a PS2 game, and it runs natively in 480i. It's not a very good looking game, it doesn't even support the HD component cable some PS2 games support.

Way to spoil the joke, LUKE. :mad:

Cool Dogs Only
Nov 10, 2012
Here's some MSPaint fan art.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Ramengank posted:

Way to spoil the joke, LUKE. :mad:

Tis what I'm here for. :v:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I love that they brought Yuri's case file out to interrogate him with and it looks to need at least two dudes to carry.

I wonder if that's entirely what the two Tweedles actually do all day.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Glazius posted:

I love that they brought Yuri's case file out to interrogate him with and it looks to need at least two dudes to carry.

I wonder if that's entirely what the two Tweedles actually do all day.

Maybe that's how they keep getting stronger to then be used as tutorial punching bags

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
:siren: We managed to go an entire session without saying "Dockside Bars!?" and I thought you all should know :siren:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
SPOILERS!!!

Also next episode should be up sometime tomorrow.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
...or a day later

:frogsiren: UPDATE :frogsiren:

Ep 23: Urban Achievers Youtube

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

(The PS3 version actually does have a couple good improvements.)

Also you could have synthed both secondary weapons, the UI for synthesizing is a bit stupid and only allows you to synth one thing at a time despite looking exactly like the shop UI that allows you to buy multiple things.

Also I'm pretty sure the Insert Horn is from Keiv Moc, not the Quoi Woods. Maybe both.

Admiral H. Curtiss fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Nov 7, 2013

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

While it may not be karol with steve buscemi eyes, here's a tumblr.

http://chickswithstevebuscemeyes.tumblr.com/

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
That blastia core really tied the Lower Quarter together. :human being:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Kuvo why wouldn't you join the Manbag guild? Guts is probably in that guild!

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Sounds like whoever's voicing Alexei is trying to be Jack Webb from Dragnet.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Also I'm pretty sure the Insert Horn is from Keiv Moc, not the Quoi Woods. Maybe both.

It's hard to miss, you get it off of a flying beetle monster. But you're right though. They haven't even gotten to the right forest.

They avoided too many Golems though and that's why they couldn't make the Special Flag.

ShadowFox1001
Sep 21, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

It's hard to miss, you get it off of a flying beetle monster. But you're right though. They haven't even gotten to the right forest.

They avoided too many Golems though and that's why they couldn't make the Special Flag.

You get a Special Flag from a boss fight later in the game (because a particular plot point will require it).

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!
The Moon Selector is something that's been bothering me in my hard mode game. Namely, I don't even have the option to create it despite having the materials. I wonder if this is the Tales way of instituting main character death game overs.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

KingEffingFrost posted:

The Moon Selector is something that's been bothering me in my hard mode game. Namely, I don't even have the option to create it despite having the materials. I wonder if this is the Tales way of instituting main character death game overs.

That's really weird, since I just started a new game plus recently and I was able to make it as soon I got up the hill in Zaphias I believe? Whatever Yuri's hometown is called.

You sure you're looking at the right side for your item quantity though?

ShadowFox1001 posted:

You get a Special Flag from a boss fight later in the game (because a particular plot point will require it).

If this game was on the Gamecube, by the time they gave you that it'd be the second disk. Granted, it's not an item that's necessary to improve the fun of the game and shouldn't be locked away though.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Yeah, again, I have no idea what actually unlocks the ability to synthesize specific things, it seems completely random. Progress the story and synth more other stuff, I guess.

Do note that if you have multiple controllers, you can use those to completely negate the requirement for the Moon Selector by switching P1 to Auto and P2 or whatever to Manual mid-battle. The Back button quick-swaps the control mode without having to enter the menu, too. It's kind of cumbersome, but it works.

Also, in case that confused anyone, this game displays the synth material requirements as X/Y where X is the stuff you need and Y is the stuff you have, so make sure you're actually reading that right if the game doesn't let you synth an item.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
The dragon used Hyper Beam and had to rest for one turn, duh. That's why he just floated around for a while afterwards.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
There is actually a hidden "synth level" stat that goes up as you progress through the story that just arbitrarily unlocks things that weren't there before.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Why would you make something that important a hidden stat? It's not as bad as the insane sidequest requirements, but still. I'm liking that Xillia axed crafting even more than I did before.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
Goddammit Estelle, stop overhealing. This is why you keep drawing aggro.

Also that city doesn't have nearly enough trees to be Seattle.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Having never seen the movie in question, a lot of the references in this episode went over my head. :sweatdrop:

The way Karol's being treated is getting beyond a joke, by the way. :v:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
That wasn't quite what I was expecting with regards to The Dude but I'm totally okay with this.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Yapping Eevee posted:

Having never seen the movie in question, a lot of the references in this episode went over my head. :sweatdrop:

You should fix this.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Yapping Eevee posted:

The way Karol's being treated is getting beyond a joke, by the way. :v:

I like how the game takes every opportunity to call him a idiot it can. The only reason he's even around is cause Yuri feels pity for the little guy.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
:frogsiren: UPDATE :frogsiren:

Ep 24: Just Shadowing Youtube

Singh Long
Oct 9, 2012
Don Whitehorse is voiced by David Lodge a.k.a. Derek Simmons from Resident Evil 6....godamit Vicas!

jaydee864
Aug 15, 2010

Life is such a drag when the whole world's falling apart
Making dinosaur-related puns about Don Whitehorse and you don't even do a Mastodon pun. For shame.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

The jukebox is one of my favorite things in the game, because as soon as Rita fixes it, the regular Dahngrest music comes back. I have to imagine that the Dahngrest music actually plays on full blast throughout the entire city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010

jaydee864 posted:

Making dinosaur-related puns about Don Whitehorse and you don't even do a Mastodon pun. For shame.
You say this like we'll never see him again. There's plenty of time to make more puns (there's always time for more puns).

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

The jukebox is one of my favorite things in the game, because as soon as Rita fixes it, the regular Dahngrest music comes back. I have to imagine that the Dahngrest music actually plays on full blast throughout the entire city.
You're not alone in thinking this. Dahngrest is the best city.

• Locked thread