Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Astroman posted:

:19 Robed men, possibly Time Lords, striding Seriously...maybe even Rassilon?

Yes, please bring Timothy Dalton back. He was one of the better parts of "End of Time".

The_Doctor posted:

Malcolm McDowell for the Master! You know it makes sense!

Don't get my hopes up.

Seems that Fathom Events is doing a screening of Day of the Doctor, on Monday the 25th. Wondering why wait two days, I doubt Sunday evenings are a huge time for movie theaters, but ok. Too bad I will miss it for a screening of Akira at another theater that night...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

PassTheRemote posted:

Seems that Fathom Events is doing a screening of Day of the Doctor, on Monday the 25th. Wondering why wait two days, I doubt Sunday evenings are a huge time for movie theaters, but ok. Too bad I will miss it for a screening of Akira at another theater that night...

A handful of theaters are doing simulcast viewings on the 23rd, and a whole slew more are doing the 2-days-later one. It was probably hard to get theaters to block off a screen for Doctor Who on a Saturday.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Riptor posted:

Gimme details please

She goes crazy after leaving the Doctor due to the effect of having the WOTAN take over her mind, gets committed to various psychiatric institutions, kills another patient who tries to rape her, is given shock therapy which leaves her even worse off than before, eventually winds up in a homeless shelter, gets rescued by the book's fake author who becomes her lover, she gets pregnant with his child only to be killed by the Master, and the only people to attend her funeral are her lover and the Seventh Doctor.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Chairman Capone posted:

She goes crazy after leaving the Doctor due to the effect of having the WOTAN take over her mind, gets committed to various psychiatric institutions, kills another patient who tries to rape her, is given shock therapy which leaves her even worse off than before, eventually winds up in a homeless shelter, gets rescued by the book's fake author who becomes her lover, she gets pregnant with his child only to be killed by the Master, and the only people to attend her funeral are her lover and the Seventh Doctor.

Yeah, I enjoyed that book a lot, but it got weird for a little bit.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Harlock posted:

He kind of feels out of place to the manic energy exhibited by Tennant and Smith, oddly enough. He was his own kind of eccentric.

I'm sure they're going to address the whole, "I'm a future Doctor thing" to Tennant, but he doesn't seem to be too upset about it (which his death really bothered him in the show) except that brief moment, 'I'd like to know where we're going..'

Knowing that you will die some day is different to actually reaching the day of your death.

I wonder if they'll incorporate Capaldi at all. Obviously not as an acting role, but perhaps a brief glimpse at some point when 11 is celebrating their inevitable victory, showing that his time will end as well.

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012

The_Doctor posted:

Malcolm McDowell for the Master! You know it makes sense!
Hell, after we got Ian McKellen, anything's possible. Especially since Malcolm McDowell seems to be popping all over the place these days, TV-wise.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Yeah, I enjoyed that book a lot, but it got weird for a little bit.

Well, how else are you supposed to prove that DOCTOR WHO IS MATURE AND IS NO WAY MEANT FOR CHILDREN BECAUSE IT"S SERIOUS GROWN-UP SCIENCE FICTION?!?!?? HUH? HOW ELSE?!?!

God, the people running that NAs were the worst.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'd like to joke about well at least no one else got it worse but then I look at Ace and just want to cry.

Dodo was the lucky one.

She got to die.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Just booked my Day of the Doctor in RealD 3D for Pacific Place at 10pm.

Allons-y

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Does anyone else hope the Time War is resolved in such a way that'll allow them to contribute more to stories? I think would be neat for Capaldi Doctor to have a long-running singular villain to break up the creature of the week stuff. Preferably a Time Lord.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Harlock posted:

Does anyone else hope the Time War is resolved in such a way that'll allow them to contribute more to stories? I think would be neat for Capaldi Doctor to have a long-running singular villain to break up the creature of the week stuff. Preferably a Time Lord.

I'm not sold on bringing the Master back, but I'd love to see the Monk running across a series or two as a rival to the Doctor.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Harlock posted:

I really would like the Time Lords to be back, not as enemies though

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I haven't watched the classic who, so end of time was my only exposure to time lord society and at the end I was glad when they were sealed back into their doom bubble never to be seen again.

And I don't think they can come back for the one of the same reasons the daleks haven't had a big storyline post 10th doctor: Once you've tried to destroy all of reality at once there's nothing you can do to top that and there's no reason to let you back into reality ever.

E: Oh crap, this is the spoiler thread? I keep getting this mixed up with the general discussion thread.

Hemingway To Go! fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Nov 12, 2013

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
BBC America has released some new promo pics of Day, and there's an interesting one that shows Rose's full costume:

This is definitely not the Season 2 Rose, as the trailers already hinted.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
I wonder if she is just the Tardis in human form and using Rose since she was Bad Wolf.

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!

Forktoss posted:

BBC America has released some new promo pics of Day, and there's an interesting one that shows Rose's full costume:

This is definitely not the Season 2 Rose, as the trailers already hinted.

Daamn, Billie Piper looks great, and that outfit looks great.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

bobkatt013 posted:

I wonder if she is just the Tardis in human form and using Rose since she was Bad Wolf.

She's Omega, having taken Rose's form since it was imprinted on the vortex during the whole Bad Wolf deal.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

bobkatt013 posted:

Hurt Doctor met Rose first, the TARDIS possessed her during the Time War, Wibbly-Wobbly-Timey-Wimey, 9 didn't exactly remember her but was drawn to her because of anything that happened with Hurt. Maybe?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Box of Bunnies posted:

She's Omega, having taken Rose's form since it was imprinted on the vortex during the whole Bad Wolf deal.

Oh, did you get the screener early too?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Neowyrm posted:

Really? I think the outfit is hideous. :/

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

The_Doctor posted:

Really? I think the outfit is hideous. :/

Hipster Tardis Rose just flew in from Portland.

(her skirt is a literal bedsheet)

Irish Joe fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Nov 13, 2013

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012

Neowyrm posted:

Between Hurt's outfit and this, the specials have some awesome costume design.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Hurt Doctor met Rose first, the TARDIS possessed her during the Time War, Wibbly-Wobbly-Timey-Wimey, 9 didn't exactly remember her but was drawn to her because of anything that happened with Hurt. Maybe?

Well Tennant did refer to the 50th anniversary as a "seismic shift" in the Doctor's story so who knows

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

bobkatt013 posted:

Seconding this theory.

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

bobkatt013 posted:

I don't really see why they'd do that unless Suranne Jones wasn't available.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

twoot posted:

Because most fans care a lot more about seeing long time companion Billie Piper than they do about seeing Suranne Jones who only appeared in one episode and this is the big 50th anniversary?

I'm not totally convinced, but the theory makes sense.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
The only thing that bugs me about that costume is the tears on the elbows, because if they're torn like that, they're gonna fall off sooner or later. Either cut them or stitch 'em back together.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

twoot posted:

10 would not know who Suranne Jones is

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

bobkatt013 posted:

10 would not know who Suranne Jones is

Yeah good point as 11 didn't recognise her.

The inevitable timeline diagrams after this are going to be Primer-like.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Random speculation; if Rose really is taking part in the Time War because of timey-wimey then I'm going to guess Moffat 'reveals' the old woman in End of Time to be a grown up her.

zamiel
Nov 12, 2005

Pugs not drugs
Mirror has an article saying Matt Smith makes an appearance at the end of Adventure in Space and Time where he "meets" Hartnell.

Karki
Feb 3, 2006

Who needs pussy?
Have we talked about this picture yet?

via @bbcdoctorwho

"The Bringer of Darkness, the Oncoming Storm, the Doctor, the Warrior - A Time Lord!"

Sisterhood of Karn?

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

zamiel posted:

Mirror has an article saying Matt Smith makes an appearance at the end of Adventure in Space and Time where he "meets" Hartnell.

Well, that also calls him the Twelfth Doctor.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Chairman Capone posted:

Well, that also calls him the Twelfth Doctor.

It calls him the 12th Doctor actor. Which is also inaccurate, because if you count Hurndall and Cushing, Smith is #13

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!

jivjov posted:

It calls him the 12th Doctor actor. Which is also inaccurate, because if you count Hurndall and Cushing, Smith is #13

And Richard E. Grant. And Rowan Atkinson. Hugh Grant. Jim Broadbent. Joanna Lumley.

All of the people who have portrayed him in audios.

I'd be surprised if it isn't pushing 50 by now.

Actually, 40, according to this list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_actors_who_have_played_the_Doctor

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Neowyrm posted:

And Richard E. Grant. And Rowan Atkinson. Hugh Grant. Jim Broadbent. Joanna Lumley.

All of the people who have portrayed him in audios.

I'd be surprised if it isn't pushing 50 by now.

Actually, 40, according to this list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_actors_who_have_played_the_Doctor

I don't know about anyone else, but I would watch the gently caress out of Joanna Lumley's Thirteenth Doctor.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

zamiel posted:

Mirror and 12th Doctor :rolleyes:, but that'll be a really sweet ending if its true :unsmith:

Oddly, that's the rumor that convinces me we're close enough to the time that I should probably duck out of the spoiler thread. See you guys on the Tuesday after the special airs.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

zamiel posted:

This is true!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
HOLY loving poo poo ITS MCGANN!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

The_Doctor posted:

HOLY loving poo poo ITS MCGANN!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

What where

• Locked thread