Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Gimnbo posted:

I don't know exactly how groups work, but I'd imagine he can't public join specifically because he was kicked. In an actually smart move, it seems Valve made it so you can't just rejoin after you get forcibly removed from the group.

This is dumb as balls actually. I think it can be 'fixed' by adding the person onto your friends list. It worked for Lumpy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

In 30 minutes we got our first EU line battle of the week. I'm also going to put this weeks events up now because I forgot.

Spent last few hours deleting a billion locked threads since they finally made me a Admin for the FSE forums.

Boogoose
Oct 5, 2003

GIVE ME THE CASH !
Yes we really need some good numbers tonight for the karmic betterment of Nurdbot's aura. Drop in the mumble, you don't need to bring anything just your good self an a rock-hard erection for early 19th century combat.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

We got French Light Infantry for this one, so do show on up. Starting in five minutes!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

We got the Tuesday EU siege event happening in around forty minutes time. You know you want to play a round where you live more than once for fifteen minutes!

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum
Siege battle in fifteen nerds.

Also nurbot got us an all new shiny fancy Monday American linebattle. Yay!

Nine of Eight fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Nov 12, 2013

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Also, I've secured us a spot in a newly emerged Monday American line battle (Yummy can finally be happy, we haven't forgotten you man).

Now before you despair seeing the double line rule for a certain number of players we can either try it or just split our goon numbers into two smaller lines and get some new goon officers some practice.

Also, siege event starting in ten minutes.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Only image I have of this thing, its of a man called pants.

Good game.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Everybody appreciates Pants. He is the heart, soul and crazy 19th century war correspondent we don't ask for but get anyways.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Please note the rest of the goons lay dead.

I do not remember this engagement, but I condemn pants as a coward.

He must have ran in fear. For shame.

Pantaloons L'Fragrant
May 1, 2000

Yuss the re-proliferation and et cetera.
That is outright libel. If anything, I am usually one of the first to die. There are many here who will attest to the fact that when I am a support role (as I tend to do) and we play cav, it is my standard operating procedure that if another goon is dehorsed, I will dismount, give them mine, and bravely charge the enemy on foot. If we're line, I frequently move to act as a sheepdog/bullet shield for any stragglers we have. Occasionally, I will scout out ahead to make sure that the way is clear. Sometimes we're having a goof round and I'm playing the piano or a cheese merchant when we decide to set up a village. But I have never broken ranks and run from an engagement.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I'm rolling with Pants on this one. Plus he also was carrying the flag which by 19th century military tradition outranks us, gets paid more and will be more missed if it goes missing.

American event tonight, a NW Siege event. 8PM EST. Get in the Mumble channel if you want to play.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

It's also important to note that Pants is riding toward the dead goons in the picture.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
You have to remember that Snatch is the worst goon and to ignore him outright, though.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Gamerofthegame posted:

You have to remember that Snatch is the worst goon and to ignore him outright, though.

Hard to ignore something so fat.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Dude is like death on horseback, and that is good enough for me.

Also, we got our American NW siege event tonight in less than two hours. Also, I'm looking into getting us a new EU event possibly on the weekend.

Also, check out this neat gun powder era multiplayer game in development. Proper 18th century ship on ship action (with possible boarding) sometime next year! huzzah!

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

SeanBeansShako posted:

Dude is like death on horseback, and that is good enough for me.

Also, we got our American NW siege event tonight in less than two hours. Also, I'm looking into getting us a new EU event possibly on the weekend.

Also, check out this neat gun powder era multiplayer game in development. Proper 18th century ship on ship action (with possible boarding) sometime next year! huzzah!

Long as it doesn't suck like Pirates of the Burning Sea, I'm game for this.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Siege event starts in 20 minutes! :getin: goons!

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Couple of personal high lights from tonights siege event :

Unno what happened to this guy, but it looked painful.

I put a rifle through someones face. Literally.

Pantaloons L'Fragrant
May 1, 2000

Here's a highlight from tonight's siege event: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnQrLsACYjw

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Pantaloons L'Fragrant posted:

Here's a highlight from tonight's siege event: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnQrLsACYjw

Are you and Endman the only ones to take videos? I had a funny idea for a Goon Death collage of just our funniest or mass deaths caught on camera.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

We have a buttload of videos on YouTube, if you are patient enough with editing I suspect you could hack up a decent goonspolitation death collage yeah.

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
We have a Friday event tonight! At 8pm EST, so make sure that you put down your plushies and tell your online girlfriends that you'll be playing video games with Goons all night! What could be better?!

I am also going to be updating my enhancement soon! Here's a sneaky preview:

ExParrot fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Nov 15, 2013

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
"You have your orders goons, straight from the horses mouth!"

:stare:

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
My translator horse is the finest in all the land.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

It has begun, the horse up rising. WHO IS BRACING BAYONET NOW?

Also, we have our Friday American line battle event in around 45 minutes from this post. Start getting into the Mumble goons.

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
[timg]http://i.imgur.com/pPFF9Ul.jpg][/timg]

Dyin' like a true cavalryman craddling my ride in tonights goon event

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OQ9lSKhLiQ
This clip wasn't from the line battle, I just want to shamelessly brag about my bayonet wizardry.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

We got the Bello Civili Mod shield battle event happening in around fifty minutes from this post. Feel free to turn up and download the mod from my Mumble profile goons.

nohitcharlie
Sep 7, 2011

Soldaten bereiten zu dieser Phantasie Vogel schieben!
Bellos Civili in 20 minutes.

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

My enhancement mod has been updated! Yay! No more Freikorps rifles, so no more confusion. And the best thing about it, is that it doesn't overwrite Pant's awesome music mod (which you should download if you don't have it)

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

There is also blood. Now we can tell if we hit things or not.

I'd put a mirror link of the thing up on Warband Nexus too. Also, the guy who did that Battle Of The Nations mega mod thing from a year ago didn't back up and is looking for the installer file. Any of you good kept it or have the thing kicking about?

In a few hours time we'll be having our own Sunday NW line battle event. Goons will either be line infantry or Riflemen.

Pantaloons L'Fragrant
May 1, 2000

cut my fife into pieces
this is my battle fort

line battle in 20 minutes!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I wish Pants luck in his quest to mod Sailor man boobs back into Parrots mod.

Anywho, we got two events tonight! the usual EU line battle which is happening in less than an hour and tonight a brand new American Monday line battle. Please show up for either or both if you really crave hot Musket on Musket action!

nohitcharlie
Sep 7, 2011

Soldaten bereiten zu dieser Phantasie Vogel schieben!
Line Battle in 20 minutes. Get in mumble.

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

For those asked, here are some small changes for your enhancement mods:

Enhanced blood only (vanilla smoke)

Vanilla spyglass UI

Yay! :D

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ExParrot posted:

Vanilla spyglass UI

Can you post screenshots of both, please?

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

ExParrot posted:

Vanilla spyglass UI

Enhancement mod showcasing "vanilla smoke with enhanced blood" patch listed above

Showcasing the vanilla spyglass we all know and love (listed above)

Boogoose's Immaculate Spyglass for Gentlemen (Enhanced spyglass without scratches)

Just dump those in your NW folder as you did with the mod and replace the files...

ExParrot fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Nov 18, 2013

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

In around 45 minutes time the new Monday American line battle event I signed us up with last week is starting.

Obligatory here are the rules read them from me. See you goons soon in the Mumble!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pantaloons L'Fragrant
May 1, 2000

I am not good at axes sometimes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xunGasUuv8

• Locked thread