Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
Thief P/P 3 is the best worthless coolest looking skill ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

CLAM DOWN posted:

Post highlights please.

Here's some of the things I remember.

Tonic with cat golem, tentacle transformations.
19 Instabilities.
Gold reward in line with dungeons. Daily reward is separate so you can get 1-10 11-20 per day etc
Enemies explode when killed instability.
Reduced phase time for mai, no longer 15 minutes long.
Fractal lengths rebalanced, easier fractals made harder, harder fractals made easier.
Fractal order changed so shorter ones come first, you'll never get cliffside then dredge.
Some fractals appear in both slots, Molten can appear in the 2nd and 3rd slot.
Aether, Thuama, cliffside, dredge are third only.
Anyone who was over lvl 30 in fractals before the patch will receive Free Moot.
Thauma is a different experience the higher lvl it is.
New traps.
Aether ends at the asura boss.
Bug fixes, harpy fixed.
Runes are craftable with mist essence and sellable.
Reduced health on mobs.
LS Meta achievement and reward.
Backpack and rings have new agony infusion slot that can raise your agony resistance with drops. EDIT: sort of like magic find can be raised but on an item I guess.
Agony no longer applies to non-players
Bosses show up on all fractal lvls.
Account bound lvl.
Some backend changes that will make fractals easier to make.
Weapon boxes will drop in higher lvls which will let you choose the weapon you want.
Ascended weapons and armour will drop (when it's released)
Future patches will add stuff to buy with relics and pristine relics, crafting stuff, ascended stuff etc.

They did lvl 39 and it looked easier balance wise than the current 39's, the party were clearly just messing around though as even the guy playing the thief had no accessories or amulets on and was just showing poo poo off. Stream viewers were seriously giving them advice.

Reclines Obesily fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Nov 25, 2013

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
Ugh, I felt physical pain when I heard Dredge as a possible third slot fractal. I hope they made it less painful.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
At least half of the aether blade fractal was different than the LS version so we'll just have to see.

thisisdoodoobaby
Sep 9, 2012
Forgot I had an account here. Just found this forum. My day has been made.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

thisisdoodoobaby posted:

Forgot I had an account here. Just found this forum. My day has been made.

Mine too.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Turncoat Mommy posted:

Thief P/P 3 is the best worthless coolest looking skill ever.

I haven't played my thief since release, what's wrong with the skill?

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

SeaTard posted:

I haven't played my thief since release, what's wrong with the skill?

Unless you are going for a Perplexity thief, the whole P/P loadout is lacking in utility and damage. Perplexity is the one viable P/P build I have found, and even then Unload is completely pointless. It is fun though!

Myriad
Apr 26, 2010
I have done nothing but use P/P since I made a Quip and if anyone doesn't like it they can go gently caress themselves.

Reality
Sep 26, 2010
P/P and unload is like why I play my thief.

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Oh you.. :>
"The server was unable to authenticate your gameplay privileges. Please contact Customer Support to provide them with your registered e-mail address. For additional support, please visit *link*."

Is this bad? :ohdear: It happened overnight.

Edit: Never mind, I'm in :v:

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Login server's making GBS threads itself for me too. Restarting the client seems to work.

Ktzi
Aug 1, 2006

There are plenty of spiders!
If they ever do weapon proliferation I will go greatsword / p+p on my thief and introduce myself as DONTE, EL EXTERMINADOR DE DEMONIOS, gently caress the haters

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

ctrl-f moot, did not disappoint.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

jaegerx posted:

ctrl-f moot, did not disappoint.

That was the first thing I looked for.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Visidan posted:

Enemies explode when killed instability.

:getin: Everything should be exploding, always and forever.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Bring back afflicted please.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

gandlethorpe posted:

Bring back afflicted please.

I truly hope the addition of downed states for NPCs means they'll be bringing back some of what made encounters difficult in GW1. Poison novas on death, enemies that heal and resurrect each other, intelligent skill interrupts? :getin: So much more interesting than "here is a lot of HP and an invuln phase."

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I truly hope the addition of downed states for NPCs means they'll be bringing back some of what made encounters difficult in GW1. Poison novas on death, enemies that heal and resurrect each other, intelligent skill interrupts? :getin: So much more interesting than "here is a lot of HP and an invuln phase."

Don't forget Defiant and condition cleansing!

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

What's a good engineer dungeon build if I want to heal and add group survivability? Are healbomb builds still viable?

What's a good engineer dungeon build if I want to not be last place for damage and also not die (because then I'm also last place for damage)?

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008
I took a trip into the public mumble and I swear they are playing a different game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8kxUqxbWzc

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

NapoleonAtWaterloo posted:

I took a trip into the public mumble and I swear they are playing a different game.

I think that guy is a member of a secret government gaming team and if they fail at their gaming mission loving Al'Qeada wins.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I'm oftentimes extremely glad I'm banned from pubbie mumble.

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.

I love all the "report them report them". It's like someone is ruining their real lives somehow. What the hell?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

What the gently caress is Drive by time?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I really hope those "orders" were for doing Shatterer.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

Xovaan posted:

What's a good engineer dungeon build if I want to heal and add group survivability? Are healbomb builds still viable?

I'm pretty sure in the last class balancing thing they actually made elixir-infused bombs better at healing by increasing the healing power scaling by quite a bit. I think something like this would make a decent bomb healy supporty thing. Give cool boons, remove conditions, constant aoe heals.

check out my Youtube fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Nov 26, 2013

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

drunkencarp posted:

What's the best way to avoid being an idiot in dungeons? I'm coming back to the game after nine months, and back when I was playing before my three dungeon experiences went like this:

- Caudecus Manor story mode with a pickup group, lots of fun.
- Caudecus Manor story mode coming in to replace some people who left, IIRC. We wiped twice on the last thing, and then I suggested we focus fire, and that worked out.
- Twilight Arbor with a pickup group. We wiped on what I think was the first boss about five times, then gave up. I dunno whether it was story or explore.

The TA experience really soured me on dungeons, and then I didn't play for most of 2013.

Probably well answered since it's a full day later, however I wanted to chip in here:

I played at launch for maybe a week and then strode off to other games, returning just this last week. This weekend I finally bothered to get invited to Goon Squad, cashed in my donated currency chits to tradeskill level myself from 50-80 and got myself invited to 4 dungeons with a goon group.

I told them that I had absolutely no idea of what I was doing in this game, was told to equip 2 skills that I didn't have (or have the points to purchase) and probably contributed to a half dozen wipes directly.

No one got pissy or frustrated, I never felt unduly chastized and not only did we complete all 4 dungeons, we got bonus loots or some such positive development meaning that I didn't screw with people's expected rewards.

The moral of the story: play with goons, be personable, take criticism as a learning experience and have fun.

Mosthated
Dec 15, 2012

Last thing said was, "An SFD member just got into my Omega" I can only imagine what happened :cheers:

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

I'm pretty sure in the last class balancing thing they actually made elixir-infused bombs better at healing by increasing the healing power scaling by quite a bit. I think something like this would make a decent bomb healy supporty thing. Give cool boons, remove conditions, constant aoe heals.

I do enjoy a good healing power stacking build.

I think with fully stacked healing power they equated to like just under 500hp heals. Between elixir gun, heal turret and that, you could tick (and this is all pretty roughly estimated)

BP Regenerator: 202
Elixir Gun: 370 (pulses, 1380 on impact)
Bombs: ~490
Regen: 342

So bombs you can do 2x per second, everything else pulses every second, which would be 1s tics for 1400 with a half second tic for another 490.

Huge healing for anyone in your bomb radius, but even still questionably useful with the current pve meta, but probably pretty fun. I'll try it at some point. V :) V

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Mosthated posted:

Last thing said was, "An SFD member just got into my Omega" I can only imagine what happened :cheers:

This is how arus commands on guild challenge nights.

shoognite
Aug 15, 2008

***Space Bomber Corps***

koreban posted:

Probably well answered since it's a full day later, however I wanted to chip in here:

I played at launch for maybe a week and then strode off to other games, returning just this last week. This weekend I finally bothered to get invited to Goon Squad, cashed in my donated currency chits to tradeskill level myself from 50-80 and got myself invited to 4 dungeons with a goon group.

I told them that I had absolutely no idea of what I was doing in this game, was told to equip 2 skills that I didn't have (or have the points to purchase) and probably contributed to a half dozen wipes directly.

No one got pissy or frustrated, I never felt unduly chastized and not only did we complete all 4 dungeons, we got bonus loots or some such positive development meaning that I didn't screw with people's expected rewards.

The moral of the story: play with goons, be personable, take criticism as a learning experience and have fun.

GS Dungeon groups are awesome for beginners.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Best video in the history of youtube.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

Nah, this hasn't hit yet. The +50% scaling to Elixir-Infused Bombs is coming in the December 10 patch.

Secret Sweater posted:

I do enjoy a good healing power stacking build.

I think with fully stacked healing power they equated to like just under 500hp heals. Between elixir gun, heal turret and that, you could tick (and this is all pretty roughly estimated)

BP Regenerator: 202
Elixir Gun: 370 (pulses, 1380 on impact)
Bombs: ~490
Regen: 342

So bombs you can do 2x per second, everything else pulses every second, which would be 1s tics for 1400 with a half second tic for another 490.

Huge healing for anyone in your bomb radius, but even still questionably useful with the current pve meta, but probably pretty fun. I'll try it at some point. V :) V

There's also Healing Turret, which gives a good bit of healing (2.5k) and removes 2 conditions to the entire party (another 1-1.2k if you water blast the turret) before healing power's factored in.

Engineers aren't great for applying traditional buffs to a party, aside from Regen and perhaps Might from blast finishers and HGH. However, they do have excellent debuffs and excel in party-wide condition removals and healing (perhaps the best in the game).

Kessel's build will go a long way towards party support will still putting out good damage. Annnd, it doesn't seem to be posted in this thread. I'll let him elaborate on that bit (rather pressed for time at the moment).

savagehenry
Jul 20, 2006

unvoiced linguolabial trill

Call of Cholula posted:

Best video in the history of youtube.

This poo poo happens daily, pubbie mumble's a great alternative to podcasting while you play or whatever.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

I didn't notice it was you who posted it, but I had the assumption after seeing the spider holding a chicken.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Lovely video, and you could probably use any server's public voice chat and get the same garbage.

Also...where do you get the chicken?!?

SlothBear fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Nov 26, 2013

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

SlothBear posted:

Lovely video, and you could probably use any server's public voice chat and get the same garbage.

Also...where do you get the chicken?!?

It is sadly a zone specific thing, like the bottles and rocks you can find sometimes. This one is from Degun Shun but I am pretty sure some other zones have them too. I wish there was a consumable that gave them to you.

NapoleonAtWaterloo fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Nov 26, 2013

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
What ever happened to that app they were so excited about at launch? Searching for it doesn't seem to yield much in the way of results. Did it get canned?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Attention GW2 thread, it's almost Wintersday!

• Locked thread