Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Jet Ready Go posted:

$50 iTunes Giftcards for $40 on eBay. It does NOT appear to be digital delivery, rather a physical card mailed to you. Might be a GREAT deal for us looking to gift these cards and not just shopping for our greedy selves.

Yes free shipping.

http://bit.ly/1aYRjvZ

Walmart, BestBuy and others do this all the time. :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
Yeah I know? That doesn't invalidate the sale does it?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Jet Ready Go posted:

Yeah I know? That doesn't invalidate the sale does it?

Not at all, it's still a great deal. Just easy enough to get locally if driving 5 mins to a store is more convenient than dealing with someone on eBay.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

BGrifter posted:

Not at all, it's still a great deal. Just easy enough to get locally if driving 5 mins to a store is more convenient than dealing with someone on eBay.

Oh okay right, I agree if that's what you mean.

I just thought it was like"well duh sales happen!" Sort of comment.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
It's all good. Thanks for the heads up on Dragon Quest I, got it downloading right now.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

BGrifter posted:

It's all good. Thanks for the heads up on Dragon Quest I, got it downloading right now.

Truly this is Thanksgiving, an online conversation that ended amicably ha haha.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother
I downloaded it not realizing it would have a fair bit of kanji and not all hiragana. Now I feel kind of bad I took up a free slot.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Should I pick up Sorcery! Or skip it and jump into Sorcery! 2?

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

McDragon posted:

Good lord, did something break in Tiny Death Star? I just got a bux for fully stocking a floor. Thought they'd stamped that out entirely.

Yeah had this happen to me exactly once and I was as surprised as you were.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

obi_ant posted:

It's a four part story, where the narrative is the entire purpose. Play all of them, or none of them. Or rather, play the first two then wait until the next two parts are out in a few months.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Any idea about iPad games like Zenonia? Zenonia4 was surprisingly enjoyable, but 5 apparently requires a constant internet connection to play it (and if I had a constant internet connection I'd just be using my computer)

I've got a sixteen hour car ride tomorrow, I've got some movies but I don't really have many games. Any suggestions? If not, list your top 3 favorite games and I'll look into them.

(For me it's probably Battleheart, TWETY, and Trainyard)

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

obi_ant posted:

Also wondering this! Thanks in advance.

Kristneder
Jul 21, 2006

:siren:This is my first post.:siren:

Parkingtigers posted:

Needs more starfish.

I'm not sure I get this :-\

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

Arcturas posted:

How does Bastion play on the iPhone? I've wanted to play through it but don't have an iPad.

Even if it plays okay I'd wait till you have a nice big screen to play on because it's a beautiful game. Good speakers or headphones help too because the soundtrack is awesome.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Kristneder posted:

I'm not sure I get this :-\

There's a guy in the thread that makes his own games, and while the one I have is quite enjoyable (Sphoxie), there are creepy starfish in them.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

obi_ant posted:

I'd say definitely yes (as the other guy said, it's an ongoing story) but just be aware that Sorcery 1 is significantly shorter. It's a different animal, scenario wise, though.

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005

obi_ant posted:

I bought 2 when it came out because it was my favorite of the books. The app is done so drat well that I've stopped my playthrough and have instead bought number 1 to do them in order. Get both!

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Kaizoku posted:

There's a guy in the thread that makes his own games, and while the one I have is quite enjoyable (Sphoxie), there are creepy starfish in them.

Bizango Blast. Don't have a link because I'm phone postin, but go check it out.

....it's waiting for you :unsmigghh:

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
Yeah Bizango Blast was a bad, bad game, but made by a lovely person who took criticism at face value with gratitude and good humour. Haven't seen him around here for a bit, hope he's doing well.

The game Kairo dropped to a dollar for Black Friday, I've had that on my watch list for a long time so grabbing that. Weird surreal 3D explorer puzzle game. Don't know much about it apart from a brief glimpse of a video on Giant Bomb that piqued my interest. For a dollar, I'm definitely in.

I do want to pick up the Sorcery books, and the Lone Wolf game, book 1 in each series is on sale right now. I remember those from back in the day, so I'm very keen to take something from my childhood and play on a magic sheet of glass I hold in my hand. I just don't want to have to wait for the next part of the story, especially as they are supposed to carry the save files over. Is this stuff stored in the cloud (butt) or on the device? I only have 16 GB and I can't leave apps installed for months for the sake of a save game. Reckon my best choice is to wait until they are all out and then marathon them.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

It's also worth mention that Sorcery 2 retains your character progress from 1 if you use the cloud to save your completion data. You can get a stronger or weaker start on part 2 depending on how well you did (it keeps your entire inventory and the outcomes of a few events carry over).

I think it helps turn the multi-app story into a marathon where you have to look at your options strategically considering you're in it for a long haul where passing through a market becomes a test of foresight and a misstep can rob you of everything.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
Part 4 also has some of the most arbitrary "gently caress you, you're dead" paths you can choose. Steve Jackson must have hated his readers at that point.

Still love those books, but man they came with some major bullshit attached.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

Parkingtigers posted:

Part 4 also has some of the most arbitrary "gently caress you, you're dead" paths you can choose. Steve Jackson must have hated his readers at that point.

Still love those books, but man they came with some major bullshit attached.

As someone not quite so (at all) familiar with the books, do 3 and 4 manage to keep things interesting or was Khare the high point?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Looking for a good endless runner to gently caress around with when I have some short downtime at work, any suggestions? I've already played Jetpack Joyride, Punchquest, and Ski Safari to death.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

omg chael crash posted:

Looking for a good endless runner to gently caress around with when I have some short downtime at work, any suggestions? I've already played Jetpack Joyride, Punchquest, and Ski Safari to death.

I like Mega Dead Pixel. It's got enough objectives to keep it interesting, and I've avoided all the freemium junk.

Tiny Wings isn't technically endless, but its adorable and has good physics.

Anony Mouse
Jan 30, 2005

A name means nothing on the battlefield. After a week, no one has a name.
Lipstick Apathy

omg chael crash posted:

Robot Unicorn Attack 2?

boblemoche
Apr 11, 2008

Sad lions posted:

As someone not quite so (at all) familiar with the books, do 3 and 4 manage to keep things interesting or was Khare the high point?

I didn't really like 3, but 4 was the high point of the series for me (well, besides the bullshit deaths).

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
Book 3 was a bit tame, but 4 was a double-sized (800 entries!) extravaganza that was pretty drat great. Again, bullshit deaths excepted. Book 2 will always hold a special place in my heart as that was my entry into the series back in the day, playing it without a spell book which was sold separately until in later printings they added it to the front of the books. It's 25 years later and I can still remember the rhyme to open that gate.

The day that part 4 comes out I will buy them all and binge through them.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Actually, on the subject of Jetpack Joyride, it just got another big update. More jetpacks and costumes I think. Also another couple of vehicles, a jetski and a huge, screen filling mech that punches missiles out of the air. And some kind of Christmas Sleigh but you have to pay for that so I don't know how it is. Might grab it at some point.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

Parkingtigers posted:

Book 3 was a bit tame, but 4 was a double-sized (800 entries!) extravaganza that was pretty drat great. Again, bullshit deaths excepted. Book 2 will always hold a special place in my heart as that was my entry into the series back in the day, playing it without a spell book which was sold separately until in later printings they added it to the front of the books. It's 25 years later and I can still remember the rhyme to open that gate.

The day that part 4 comes out I will buy them all and binge through them.

I can't wait for the thing to be out in full. I imagine it shouldn't be too long considering how soon we got 2 after 1.
Speaking of the spell book, I loved that burning it for light in part 2 was even an option (however terrible).

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
With all this talk of adventure game books, Blood of the Zombies is $2 at the moment. It's Ian Livingston's 30th anniversary of Fighting Fantasy book that he wrote. Only briefly fired up the app but the presentation looks superb. He's the guy that started all this (along with, you know, creating Games Workshop) so I reckon I had to buy this.

House of Hell is also $2, but annoyingly Forest of Doom isn't on sale. FoD was my first gamebook back in the day, it's what started me on the entire path down into fantasy and boardgames and painting lead miniatures. Everything started with that book.

Oh and whisperings on the interest suggest that Panzer Corps might be out on iPad in time for Christmas. Possibly maybe, if it can be ready in time.

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.
Tower of Fortune 2 is free at the moment.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Al Baron posted:

Tower of Fortune 2 is free at the moment.

Everyone go and get this, it's pretty great.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

:ducksiren: World of goo went free as well :ducksiren: http://appshopper.com/games/world-of-goo

Edit: Also lets not forget infinity blade 1. http://appshopper.com/games/infinity-blade

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Nov 29, 2013

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Do I need a Japanese form of payment for Dragon Quest or a Japanese account? I doubt I'll make it under the million, but I'm curious. It won't let me if I just switch to the Japanese store.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Parkingtigers posted:

With all this talk of adventure game books, Blood of the Zombies is $2 at the moment. It's Ian Livingston's 30th anniversary of Fighting Fantasy book that he wrote. Only briefly fired up the app but the presentation looks superb. He's the guy that started all this (along with, you know, creating Games Workshop) so I reckon I had to buy this.

House of Hell is also $2, but annoyingly Forest of Doom isn't on sale. FoD was my first gamebook back in the day, it's what started me on the entire path down into fantasy and boardgames and painting lead miniatures. Everything started with that book.

Oh and whisperings on the interest suggest that Panzer Corps might be out on iPad in time for Christmas. Possibly maybe, if it can be ready in time.

Bought Sorcery! Earlier and was super impressed. Just bought this too as I love zombies and this looks perfect. Thanks!

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Do I need a Japanese form of payment for Dragon Quest or a Japanese account? I doubt I'll make it under the million, but I'm curious. It won't let me if I just switch to the Japanese store.

Pretty sure that million's long gone.

[e] Yup

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/28/well-square-enix-already-gave-away-million-copies-dragon-quest/

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I figured, but that article says it's going to remain free until the 10th, so that's good news.

foobar
Jul 6, 2002

Anyone tried Doctor Who: Legacy yet? Seems to be a match-3 in the vein of Puzzle & Dragons. They seem to think it's fun and pretty playable without IAP over on the TouchArcade forum. It's free and I'm a sucker for a match-3 so I'll be checking it out.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

foobar posted:

Anyone tried Doctor Who: Legacy yet? Seems to be a match-3 in the vein of Puzzle & Dragons. They seem to think it's fun and pretty playable without IAP over on the TouchArcade forum. It's free and I'm a sucker for a match-3 so I'll be checking it out.

Yeah, played a bunch last night. So far seems really really easy, and the match 3 is a little strange in that you can swap it to anywhere in the row/column, not just adjacent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

pbpancho posted:

Yeah, played a bunch last night. So far seems really really easy, and the match 3 is a little strange in that you can swap it to anywhere in the row/column, not just adjacent.

So like 100000000?

• Locked thread