Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Cactus posted:

I hate musicals and not in the good way. Do they say the word "sex" literally 50 times an episode? :allears:

I do love The Soup for introducing me to that show. I'll never watch it, but how can you hate a show that give us this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvSTLnYW_tQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

IRQ posted:

Holy poo poo. Part of me wants to see that trainwreck play out, but a much larger part of me is glad I gave up shortly after that hilariously stupid business with the gay kid moving in with his very not gay crush for reasons in season 2.

That was the final straw for me. I couldn't get over at how badly that whole situation was handled.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I went to yahoo to check my mail and on the front page is a massive Person Of Interest spoiler. So loving stupid.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

James Woods Fan posted:

I went to yahoo to check my mail and on the front page is a massive Person Of Interest spoiler. So loving stupid.

Its your own drat fault, really. That episode aired over nine days ago.

Irish Joe fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Nov 30, 2013

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Irish Joe posted:

Its your own drat fault, really. That episode aired over nine days ago.

:allears: Now I see why you're so amazing.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Kaizoku posted:

What is some good TV I missed?

The Thanksgiving Brooklyn 99 episode was classic.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Stanfield posted:

These are just off the top of my head:

In an utter lack of irony, that sounds fantastic. I'm legit considering picking the show up now knowing the focal adult is trolling his way through life and quite possibly destroying lives.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Oh lord, Secret Life is on netflix. There goes my long weekend.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Man, checking into Getglue is so pointless now. Been doing it for like 4 years now and have over 2000 stickers, this sucks! At least I got all the stickers for the last season of Breaking Bad and the marathon before the finale.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

The Duke posted:

Man, checking into Getglue is so pointless now. Been doing it for like 4 years now and have over 2000 stickers, this sucks! At least I got all the stickers for the last season of Breaking Bad and the marathon before the finale.

I ordered some of the Breaking Bad ones a few weeks ago, but I don't know if they'll ever arrive. :(

Doctor Who, on the other hand... what a waste of time, checking in all through the anniversary marathons last weekend.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Well, poo poo, Comedy Bang! Bang! (the TV show) made a drat Final Draft joke.

Captain Vittles
Feb 12, 2008

I'm not a nerd! I'm a video game enthusiast.

Bown posted:

I read this and it made me feel like it's finally time to watch it. So you would call that an accurate description?

A bit late on this comment but the answer is yes. If anything in that article makes you want to watch the show, watch it. I realize it's a very niche audience (and understand exactly why) but I think anyone even remotely interested should give it a chance.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Pinwiz11 posted:

I do love The Soup for introducing me to that show. I'll never watch it, but how can you hate a show that give us this:

Yeah it has some really twisted messaging and a lot of chauvinistic undertones. That same girl earlier in the series was out one night and her friend was supposed to pick her up. He didn't, because he was ~~~HAVING SEX~~~ with his fuckbuddy, and two guys approached her with malevolent intent. She grabs a bottle, breaks it and holds them off, when her friend arrives, shirtless after rushing to get to her, and does his manly duty fending off the thugs.

All of this is captured on CCTV and a news crew immediately arrives (?) and interviews her. The footage and interview is seen by everyone and her families reaction is NOT are you ok? Are you hurt?

Nope. It's WHY WAS THAT BOY SHIRTLESS? ARE YOU HAVING SEX?? YOU KNOW YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE etc etc.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Pinwiz11 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab2MlvPAPiw

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vVBd4vFLAs

:allears:

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY

Rarity posted:

Yup. Best episode of TV I've seen this season.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Aw son of a bitch.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Rarity posted:

I was saving that; actually skipped watching it at the hospital because I didn't want to pass out for a minute and miss something. I was scared that was the only good TV this week.

God, forget the crippling pains and bed rest, I watched Hoda and Kathy Lee.

Edit: but "A Reunion in Apartment 23" is one of the best episodes of a sitcom I've ever seen. Also Shitagi Nashi

Grassy Knowles fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Nov 30, 2013

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Being at my parent's house for the holidays I end up watching TV that I usually don't. In this case it was one of those live action Disney shows and it was kind of creepy because the female lead was so caked with makeup that she looked like one of those robot bodies from that Bruce Willis movie The Surrogates.

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

Bown posted:

I read this and it made me feel like it's finally time to watch it. So you would call that an accurate description?

Absolutely. I think it's the most concise summary of the show that I've read.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Stanfield posted:

These are just off the top of my head:

- Continually uses the glee club to hit on Emma, including putting on a production of Rocky Horror - with him playing Frankenfurter because the kid who was cast was too uncomfortable - because she had mentioned that she and her husband had seen it. I think he might also have performed Toxic with them, but that might have been a a fever dream.

- Told Yelled at one of his students, who had had a pretty hosed-up life and was clearly dealing with a lot of poo poo, to "grow up".

- Did a really racist performance of La Cucaracha while dressed in a poncho and sombrero, was called out on it by his latino student, did another really racist performance of something-or-other while dressed as a matador, was called out on it again, went to night classes taught by Ricky Martin to learn Spanish (keep in mind, Will was a Spanish teacher) before giving Ricky Martin the job as Spanish teacher and taking over as History teacher. He won Teacher of the Year that year.

- Stole his dead student's letterman jacket and let everyone blame the dead kid's best friend, and when said best friend came up to him in private pleading for him to believe that he didn't steal it, accused the friend of stealing it.

There's more but it happens so often now that it's all kind of a blur.

Glee's worse because it still has small moments of genuine quality, which just make you depressed about how good the show could have been.

I think Will suspending one of the girls for a week because she refused to wear a clamshell bikini to school tops everything else.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

smg77 posted:

I think Will suspending one of the girls for a week because she refused to wear a clamshell bikini to school tops everything else.

Preparing his students for the constant degradation of real acting careers is probably the most responsible thing Will's ever done.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Irish Joe posted:

Preparing his students for the constant degradation of real acting careers is probably the most responsible thing Will's ever done.

That also explains the Blurred Lines sequence. drat...you might be on to something.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
My sister wants Revolution S1 for Christmas :ughh:

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Rarity posted:

S2 is solid so far!

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Rarity posted:

Buy her Jericho instead.

No, seriously. We can't always get what we want.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I echo what hollylolly says. Season 2 of Revolution, against all odds, is actually pretty good television.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Gonz posted:

I echo what hollylolly says. Season 2 of Revolution, against all odds, is actually pretty good television.

This is interesting. If it's possible to answer without spoiling anything, what did they fix and how?

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Cactus posted:

This is interesting. If it's possible to answer without spoiling anything, what did they fix and how?

From watching over my roommates shoulder, a lot of it boils down to giving up on some of the more high-falutin' aspects like "I wonder how the world would cope with having no power....." and being a Lost style BIG MYSTERY show and just making a solid post-apocalypse action thriller with a dose of sci-fi magic.

Don't get me wrong, they didn't undo the central conceit of the show, but they're focusing a lot less on the nitty gritty details of it and just embracing that it's sci-fi bullshit.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm only on episode six, but the arcs make sense, there's genuine tension and excitement, they're finally getting good performances and stories out of even their weakest performers, and the Neville plot is great.

Also, it gets nuts around episode 4, in the best possible way.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Cactus posted:

They made one of the characters a literal wizard.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
That basically boils down a lot of it. "A wizard did it" is being used to surprisingly good effect on that show, both to write themselves out of the corners they painted themselves in in season 1 as well as to move the plot forward.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Monroe is also quickly turning into my favorite character. They've given him depth (back story?!) and great one liners.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm Batman

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Mu Zeta posted:

I'm Batman

I'm Spartacus

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

bobkatt013 posted:

I'm Spartacus

No, I'm Spartacus.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Rarity posted:

Season 1 is entertaining and like others have said season 2 is legit good, so not a bad present i'd say.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Alternately, give her Season 1 of The Wire and lecture her on her TV tastes.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

hollylolly posted:

Alternately, give her Season 1 of The Wire and lecture her on her TV tastes.

This, but with Deadwood instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

precision posted:

This, but with Deadwood instead.

Get her REVOLUTION, because her turning her lights out is far superior to her going around being a loud-mouth cocksucker.

• Locked thread