Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crimsonbeak
Nov 7, 2004

Captain Backslap posted:

Why would you want a green quaggan? Quaggan is bloo!

Scarlett decided she like green Quaggans so for her next trick she will make them green.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
That mini is the one people paid close to a thousand dollars for, it would be irresponsible NOT to get it.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Cuddly Tumblemumps posted:

The Squad of Commanders in WvW last night was pretty fun on Maguuma.

That looks way more fun than the commanders this morning, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4UmPESJfd4&feature :(

Don't you dare "impede their progress" of being in last place with 0 hope of winning...when there is no one online doing anything and we are just swapping keeps back and forth. E:fixed link

NapoleonAtWaterloo fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Dec 2, 2013

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

CLAM DOWN posted:

Zhulik. Cletus. Shadowshift. This is happening. Remember our gem suicide pact. Never forget your vow.

We step together into the Great Beyond.

e: I love you, mesmer asura

Zhulik fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Dec 2, 2013

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Captain Backslap posted:

Why would you want a green quaggan? Quaggan is bloo!

We don't want the quaggun, we want the Mr Sparkles mini that people paid $1000+ for on eBay, because we will delight in the angst caused.

e:
"I guess we're going to have to place another golem"
"Not with SFD around!"

CLAM DOWN fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Dec 2, 2013

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Internet 2.0 posted:

I really hope I don't have to buy the 800 gems with real money. I've yet to spend a single dollar on gems but Anet managed to find my weakness for quaggan backpacks.

Trading gold for gems isn't purchasing gems. You're gonna have to pay real money.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup

Visidan posted:

That mini is the one people paid close to a thousand dollars for, it would be irresponsible NOT to get it.

I'm pretty sure both options fall under the large irresponsible spectrum.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Crimsonbeak posted:

Scarlett decided she like green Quaggans so for her next trick she will make them green.

I kinda want this to happen so that quaggans can respond to it by being maybe a little upset but mostly being to polite to actually voice any concerns.

CLAM DOWN posted:

We don't want the quaggun

Wow, I was really stoked about joining SFD but with this kind of hateful rhetoric flying around I don't even know anymore.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Jonny Angel posted:

I kinda want this to happen so that quaggans can respond to it by being maybe a little upset but mostly being to polite to actually voice any concerns.

Wow, I was really stoked about joining SFD but with this kind of hateful rhetoric flying around I don't even know anymore.

Don't worry about it, we hate asura more.

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

Visidan posted:

That mini is the one people paid close to a thousand dollars for,

wut

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Visidan posted:

Really? Please tell me more, I want to read about someone who paid a stupid amount of money for a mini.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

It was originally "exclusive" to PAX last year or something like that, so people put the code up on eBay and it went for a fortune. There are some babies absolutely raging right now that it's being offered again.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Mattavist posted:

Trading gold for gems isn't purchasing gems. You're gonna have to pay real money.

Aw drat. It'd make them even more angry if it was literally free*.

Also I kind of want the backpack. :frog:

Cuddly Tumblemumps
Aug 23, 2013

Postmodernity means the exhilarating freedom to pursue anything, yet mind-boggling uncertainty as to what is worth pursuing and in the name of what one should pursue it.

NapoleonAtWaterloo posted:

That looks way more fun than the commanders this morning, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4UmPESJfd4&feature :(

Don't you dare "impede their progress" of being in last place with 0 hope of winning...when there is no one online doing anything and we are just swapping keeps back and forth. E:fixed link

:( Well at least you made a memorable WvW morning for some people with a sense of adventure!

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

CLAM DOWN posted:

It was originally "exclusive" to PAX last year or something like that, so people put the code up on eBay and it went for a fortune. There are some babies absolutely raging right now that it's being offered again.

hmm yes I see their point, devaulation of video game items is p much unprecedented

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Kessel posted:

Ever since Wutta managed to make mutated Asura Ronald McDonald a reality, I've found that I've stopped questioning how he does it, and have since graduated onto acceptance.

It's amazing in action.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/player-vs-player-rewards-roadmap/

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Paste highlights here please?

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

SeaTard posted:

Really? Please tell me more, I want to read about someone who paid a stupid amount of money for a mini.

Codes were only handed out at cons, so some people paid an absurd amount of money over eBay for them.

Of course, now that they can be obtained legitimately these people are raising hell, ignoring the fact that buying the code was expressly against the terms of service.

edit - just to be clear, some people paid well over one thousand dollars for the mini. You can now obtain it by buying, what, $50 in gems?

Kessel fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Dec 2, 2013

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

New PvP Stuff posted:

In the December 10th update, you’ll be able to earn gold in PvP as a match reward. As an extension of that, you’ll also be able to spend glory and gold to purchase account-bound Tomes of Knowledge, which grant a level each and will allow you to level up any of your characters.

Yesssss

New PvP Stuff posted:

In the months that follow, we will be working to eliminate the difference between PvP and PvE gear. Players will be able to earn gear in PvP that can be carried over to PvE and vice versa. This means that players who have carefully crafted their appearance in one area of the game will have a way to carry that look over to other areas of the game.

Double yesssss

Mosthated
Dec 15, 2012

CLAM DOWN posted:

Up until October 29, PvP glory rewards were based on personal score in each match. Now, you earn rewards based on whether you win or lose, as well as a few contributing factors such as top stats. Rewards are also now scaled based on the duration of the match.
The primary purpose behind this change was to simplify balance of rewards for playing PvP. This allows us to widen acceptable ranges for Custom Arena settings and lay the groundwork for new game types and map mechanics.
In addition, we saw that some types of builds, such as bunkers, were not scoring as much as other types of builds. PvP is a team effort, and a team should win or lose together. If you serve a vital role that tends not to score as much, you should still get your share of victory.
Working harder for a win should result in higher rewards. With this change, we will not only reward winning in PvP more than losing, but formats where the competition is higher will receive greater rewards.

In the December 10th update, you’ll be able to earn gold in PvP as a match reward. As an extension of that, you’ll also be able to spend glory and gold to purchase account-bound Tomes of Knowledge, which grant a level each and will allow you to level up any of your characters. The Tome of Knowledge will be found on a new glory vendor that has several items available for purchase with both glory and gold.
Also in this update, the Skills and Balance team will introduce new healing skills to the game. To acquire new skills, in both PvP and PvE, players will need to spend skill points to unlock them. Unlocking the skill unlocks it for all parts of the game. Going forward newly added skills will require skill points. Existing skills will remain unlocked for PvP.

Another thing to look forward to in the December 10th update will be new daily achievements for wins in Solo and Team Arenas. These will give players the chance to earn up to four additional total achievement points per day. Along with this change we will be rebalancing the Slayer and Conqueror. The points will be spread out more and additional tiers will be added.

In the months that follow, we will be working to eliminate the difference between PvP and PvE gear. Players will be able to earn gear in PvP that can be carried over to PvE and vice versa. This means that players who have carefully crafted their appearance in one area of the game will have a way to carry that look over to other areas of the game.
Even though we will be eliminating the distinction between PvP and PvE gear, gear in PvP will continue to not have stats. The armor and weapons you carry into PvP will be, like they are now, just for looks. Traits, skills, runes and sigils will still be different for PvP so you will continue to be able to have different builds in PvP and PvE.
Existing PvP skins will still have value with upcoming changes, so it benefits you greatly to continue filling out your collection.

Also updated reward system and ladder system.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

CLAM DOWN posted:

Your gear is going to look the same in pvp and pve. There will be level up scrolls on the glory vendors. Gold rewards for pvp. New healing skills, you'll need to spend skill points to get them for both pve and pvp. Glory will eventually be retired once a new reward system that allows you to work towards specific rewards is in place. Something about ladders and seasons and removing ranks.

Mosthated
Dec 15, 2012
Shall i dare say:

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Probably the most useful thing is going to be able to finally get previously-PvP-exclusive armour in PvE. I know some pretty princesses here would jump at the chance to tweak their look.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So with enough gold I can level my alts without any effort?

gently caress.
YES.

but thou must!
Apr 30, 2011

Mizuti posted:

It's amazing in action.

Ok here's a full vanity album of my (mostly) finished characters, clearly the most effort went into the charr warrior http://imgur.com/a/7l1Km
Ghostpilot took the mesmer pictures, by the way, great cameraman.

Apologies to QUEEN CAUCUS for totally stealing your skinned look, needed a sylvari though and after looking at options for their medium armor classes I had to see if that set was as good as I'd thought it'd be on a skinless.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Mosthated posted:

Shall i dare say:

Bout time, apart from maps these will be the first significant changes since the game was released. I'm glad they stopped ignoring spvp, hurry up with the game modes!

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Yeah, i'm going to blow all my money on that.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Mosthated posted:

Shall i dare say:

This isn't so much eSports as fixing various huge problems with sPvP. It affects the casual players, and probably more than the ones who are playing for eSports (all three of them).

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Zhulik is going to love this update.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

CLAM DOWN posted:

Zhulik is going to love this update.

Maybe now we'll finally have enough people willing to do eSports to actually put together a team and truly become world's premier #1 PvEverything guild.

Mostly I'm just hoping that the "unified look" roadmap goal will involve an account-wide skin locker shared between all game modes. They did say they wanted to do it at some point, maybe that will finally be it!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Zhulik posted:

Maybe now we'll finally have enough people willing to do eSports to actually put together a team and truly become world's premier #1 PvEverything guild.

The thing holding me (and I'd bet many others) back from wanting to do more sPvP isn't the lack of rewards or quality of life updates, it's the sheer monotony of having a single game type and just a handful of maps.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I have literally never played PvP. Is it still GW1 5v5? I have no interest in 1v1.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

CLAM DOWN posted:

The thing holding me (and I'd bet many others) back from wanting to do more sPvP isn't the lack of rewards or quality of life updates, it's the sheer monotony of having a single game type and just a handful of maps.

Same.

Here's a post I made a few weeks back about the new game modes. A post will go up in Jan about them.

Visidan posted:

Some new stuff.

New game prototypes http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1r8prs/new_game_mode_prototypes_from_livestream/

Concave:

Encampment:

Stronghold:

Arena:

Castle:

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
This update is what sPvP actually needed: a reason for PvEers to want to get into sPvP.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Secret Sweater posted:

I'm pretty sure both options fall under the large irresponsible spectrum.

This definitely falls under a spectrum alright.

Rice2MeetYou
Jan 3, 2013

Alteisen posted:

So with enough gold I can level my alts without any effort?

gently caress.
YES.

I think the way it's worded means that you need gold AND glory to buy a Tome of Knowledge.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Rice2MeetYou posted:

I think the way it's worded means that you need gold AND glory to buy a Tome of Knowledge.

Yes but the Tome itself is account bound. So you earn glory/gold on one character, buy tome, move it to alt and use it there.

e: If I'm reading those notes correctly, anyway.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

In any case they intend to retire glory as a currency. That means that in the long run you may well be able to straight up level an alt by paying for it with gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
Why would you want any Quaggan on your back when you could have :allears: Tybalt Leftpaw :allears:

• Locked thread