Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

To be honest I feel like the credit payouts in the career should be triple what they are right now. I don't see what the harm is in allowing you to acquire cars quickly when there are so many.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

GhostDog posted:

I was thinking about getting back into GT. Then I watched the Giantbomb quicklook and at some point they drive the Pikes Peak Quattro and I realized I'd never be able to get over those engine sounds. Why even bother putting a car like that into the game if that's all you can do when it comes to sound?
To be fair, Forza's weren't good at all for alot of cars, but people overlooked it because they were really loud and that's how cars sound! Really loud!

whoisjasonk
Jun 30, 2010

Ninja Editor
Fun Shoe

Falken posted:

To be fair, Forza's weren't good at all for alot of cars, but people overlooked it because they were really loud and that's how cars sound! Really loud!

They at least sounded appropriate. When you were in a huge throaty V8, it sounded like a huge throaty V8. Yes, it was loud, but most of the sounds at least made sense. I don't think anybody (reasonable) expects Kaz to use a different sound between a Mustang Boss and a Camaro ZL1, but they should sound remarkably different than an Imprezza. I'm not sure how he managed to either not see or not care about the cacophony on the internet doing comparisons between GT5 and Forza 4 without being completely ashamed and redoing the sound design for this game from the ground up.
It's really, really bad.

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010
Anyone else having a hard time downloading the patch? I tried it this morning when I got home and it kept kicking out and forcing my router to throttle itself for some odd reason. It did the same thing this afternoon when I tried it. Is just me or is anyone having any issues?

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

I turn down the sound effects like engine noises because I'd rather listen to my custom soundtracks. Plus, other people near me get really loving sick of hearing engine noises all the time.

My friend's original model 360 was so loud, you couldn't tell what was coming from the game.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Okay this is retarded. I put my Fanatec into PS3 mode, and whilst I can navigate the menus with the wheel, it treats my wheel as a CONTROLLER, so only the face buttons do anything in a race. No steering, no pedals.

The gently caress?

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
The depth of the car info in this is totally :swoon:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

I said come in! posted:

To be honest I feel like the credit payouts in the career should be triple what they are right now. I don't see what the harm is in allowing you to acquire cars quickly when there are so many.

At least ISCI! is disappointed, it's not a GT thread unless there's that.

I can't believe they still haven't fixed sound or the lack of cockpit views in standards. I can't stand the black construction paper cockpits and I only race in cockpit view. I could care less what the outside of the cars look like.

Also, loving boo at the lack of Fanatec support? What happened there? Wonder if my Xbone Thrustmaster will work or if I'll have to slum it with a G25.

Drunk Badger
Aug 27, 2012

Trained Drinking Badger
A Faithful Companion

Grimey Drawer
It's from GT5, but I enjoyed it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsPM9gLDHaU&t=71s

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ether Frenzy posted:

At least ISCI! is disappointed, it's not a GT thread unless there's that.

Read my other posts, you butt. :mad: I've actually been having fun. I just want dem cars. :getin:

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
Didn't it take like a year before they patched in the credit bonuses in GT5? I remember when I first got it, it was nonstop grinding, so much that I stopped playing the game for a while, then they patched in that bonus, and I played nonstop again for a few months.

edit: I hope that they don't take too long to put in a feature like that. As it is, I think my ps4 is going to be in standby mode a lot now.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

I said come in! posted:

Read my other posts, you butt. :mad: I've actually been having fun. I just want dem cars. :getin:

C'mon man, you put it in your OP that tears of disappointment were assured ;)

You can have fun and still be disappointed in things, it's not the end of the world (Forza 5 I'm talking to you)

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

mints posted:

Didn't it take like a year before they patched in the credit bonuses in GT5? I remember when I first got it, it was nonstop grinding, so much that I stopped playing the game for a while, then they patched in that bonus, and I played nonstop again for a few months.

Ah well that is heartening. I picked up GT5 after it had been out for a quite a while so all I ever experienced were high credit seasonals. As long as they eventually raise the payouts, I'm fine because I gotta catch 'em all.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ether Frenzy posted:

C'mon man, you put it in your OP that tears of disappointment were assured ;)

You can have fun and still be disappointed in things, it's not the end of the world (Forza 5 I'm talking to you)

Yeah yeah, there are things I dont like, but overall this game is really good. Its the first Gran Turismo to be better than a Forza title even.

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010
I'm so close, but my drat internet keeps dropping when it's downloading. It's totally sad. I guess that I'm going to have to wait until later tonight when the kids go to bed so I can get it going. This happens a lot when kids come home from school.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Okay, got it all working. Very impressed with how the cars drive, and something I found interesting is that whilst I never use premium car interiors, I just tried the standard car interior on the Corolla Levin GT-APEX (The AE86 with fixed lights) and I actually quite liked it?? Gave me the sensation of being in a car, but with very few distractions. I don't know if this me becoming a GT apologist or if I'm just slightly mad.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

So I think I am officially the first member of the thread to be Part of the Problem(tm). I had a few bucks left on my psn account from a gift card and couldn't think of what to do, so I bought a 500K credit pack. Luckily that translates to a lot of hand-tuned production cars. Hooray for capitalism!

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
I've never used the interior views for cars but gave it a try last night and I'm warming to it. I'm not sure I'll use it in the higher powered cars but in the starting cars it seems to work pretty decently. I haven't had to buy a car to get through races yet either just the ones they've given me for winning things so it doesn't really seem all bad at this stage and an improvement over 5 in that respect

Drunk Badger
Aug 27, 2012

Trained Drinking Badger
A Faithful Companion

Grimey Drawer
I'm going to open an online room tonight at 7PM central to give that a try. I'll probably set a PP limit when I start since who knows what cars people have, but watch the GTCCCCC (Or the new one if made) thread for room info.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I had read that there was going to be persistent damage across the career mode - which sounds really cool. I loved that in.. Test Drive... 5? maybe?

Did that stay in GT6? (haven't seen anyone mention it.)

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Managed to snag a copy from Redbox and am having some drat good fun with this so far. Probably going to go and pick it up later this weekend. The track list in this is incredible. So many circuits. I really like a lot of PD's original circuits, as well. Can't wait to see if they follow-through ion the course maker GPS stuff.

But why why why did they put in so many duplicate cars???

I'm not arguing the standard/premium thing here, it's fun to have a million cars that drive differently from one another and it makes your choice feel personal. I'm talking about things like the GTO/3000GTs that are from the same year, have the same cost, same PP, same exact stats, same bio, same body. Why?? All it does is clutter up the menu's when you are looking for a car to buy.

Stuff like this... top 3 and bottom 3 are the EXACT same cars with a different name.

pvax fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Dec 7, 2013

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Ether Frenzy posted:

I had read that there was going to be persistent damage across the career mode - which sounds really cool. I loved that in.. Test Drive... 5? maybe?

Did that stay in GT6? (haven't seen anyone mention it.)

The persistent damage that there is isn't any different than the one in GT5, you have to change the oil, wash the car, fix the body rigidity and the engine, all the same as in GT5.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Ah, I had thought it was going to be body damage/parts damage too, to help reduce the bumper-car driving habits.

Oh well, thanks for the info.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
They really made the licence tests easier in 6. I never fully golded a licence in any other GT game, and just did it quite easily for the first set in 6 (most on the first try).

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Anybody have a recommendation on a racing wheel for this game? I can do up to $150 dollars on one.

I'm pretty excited about this game. I haven't played any GT games since 3 and it's going to be awesome getting back into the series.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Vargatron posted:

Anybody have a recommendation on a racing wheel for this game? I can do up to $150 dollars on one.

I'm pretty excited about this game. I haven't played any GT games since 3 and it's going to be awesome getting back into the series.

I think the Logitech G25 is that much, so go with that. Check the G27 first though.

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

It would seem that we are no longer required to upgrade parts in sequence anymore (e.g. turbo, weight reduction, etc.). You can just skip to whatever your budget allows now with the performance effects being what they would had you chosen to upgrade in order.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
You still can't paint your car whatever color you want :negative:

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Why do I care so much about smashing all these cones in 21 seconds? Most likely since I keep smashing them in 21.2 seconds!!

TabulaRasa
Nov 17, 2005

Ready to fight for right, against wrong!
Woah, this really came out today?

Are there still ridiculous endurance races for A-Spec and B-Spec separately?

In GT5 I always wished I could race as part of the B-Spec team. I mean I took all the time to level them up and all. It would be cool to participate in an endurance run for like 15 laps, then pit and switch to a B-Spec guy to take over for a while and then step back in later.

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

TabulaRasa posted:

In GT5 I always wished I could race as part of the B-Spec team. I mean I took all the time to level them up and all. It would be cool to participate in an endurance run for like 15 laps, then pit and switch to a B-Spec guy to take over for a while and then step back in later.

I'm not 100% because I never really touched B-Spec mode, but I think one of the updates to GT5 actually allowed you to do that, pit-in during an endurance race and let one of your B-Spec drivers take over for a while.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
I got this over psn yesterday and I still haven't been able to play, left it downloading over night, started installing in the afternoon. I reckon it's gonna take 3 hours to install, haha gently caress my life.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I said come in! posted:

Could you win the same races and get paid the price again in GT5? Because I think you can now.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I love how bad the starting cars are. By that I mean I love the way the Fit you are saddled with body rolls around and the street tires scream through every corner and the entire thing seems so unsafe. I like that they didn't try to make the non-race cars race cars.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

s0m3 guy posted:

I got this over psn yesterday and I still haven't been able to play, left it downloading over night, started installing in the afternoon. I reckon it's gonna take 3 hours to install, haha gently caress my life.

Yeah, it takes unbelievably long to install. Even after having my PS4 for a few days, going back to the archaic PS3 download system feels horrible. You need to spend hours downloading the 15 GB file, wait hours for it to install, while unable to do anything else with the console, load the game, wait an hour or so for the patch to download, wait a little while for the patch to install, and then the game has yet another patch to install once you're in it.

The PS4 downloads the patch alongside the game, doesn't have to install, and never takes control away from you for any period of time. The problem with the PS3 is all of these things were retrofitted into it's simple OS, but now they have a brand new console, they can do all the things they couldn't patch into the PS3. It's missing quite a bit of functionality, but I'm glad they got the most important things working perfectly for launch, before they start implementing Gaikai, media playback, or folders for games.

Drunk Badger
Aug 27, 2012

Trained Drinking Badger
A Faithful Companion

Grimey Drawer
Online room is up! 1472 6681 3415 7077 8465

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Super License has a Like the Wind race that can get you around 600,000 credits an hour. I'm not there yet, but I hope I can reach it tomorrow.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!

L_Harrison posted:

You still can't paint your car whatever color you want :negative:

What? gently caress. Christ.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Finally get to play it and Sunday cup with a Honda Fit, gently caress that I'll use my Lancia Stratos instead and let me tell you about a drift happy car that is a ton of fun to drive. Holy poo poo that was fun. Just need to get my bearings on this kind of feeling to the cars now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Tommy 2.0 posted:

What? gently caress. Christ.

Yeah at the moment once you buy a car from the dealership in a color, you can paint any car you like that color. But until you put a color in your album, you cant use it. It's not great and I hope we can just buy colors in an update.

• Locked thread