Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I was calling

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Our best one is Koa Misi. We really have no reason to NOT put Dion Jordan at WOLB and get rid of Wheeler. He's not good.

I was calling for a Jordan/Misi/R.Jones line backing unit during the game.

I thought Dansby and Burnett had to go for salary reasons but the D would be really really good if we still had Dansby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING

Aniki posted:

Are there any corners who could sneak into the top 10 this year? Also, how would Anthony Barr fair in a 4-3? He'd presumably still be a linebacker, but it seems like after Clowney most of the top D prospects this year are geared more towards 3-4? I know that Nix from Notre Dame declared and as much as I want a dominating NT, I'm a bit weary of a 340 pound guy with knee problems. It will be interesting to see who rises into the top half of the draft.

Not sure that he'll make it to top 10, but Darqueze Dennard is seriously good and is getting a lot of hype recently.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Daric posted:

My sister is a sports management major and she became friends with Trevon Stewart before he came to the school. She became friends with most of the players in her grade through him so they come over for dinner every once in a while. Hell, Trevon came over for my family's thanksgiving last year because they couldn't go home.

I'll ask Greenberry tomorrow but I'm sure he'll be fine for the bowl game. He did twist his ankle a bit during the Cincy game and had a boot on for the SMU game but it was just precautionary. He'll be fine.

That's pretty cool. And that's good news about Greenberry. He was definitely a toughing it out in the Cincy game but I guess it wasn't as bad as it looked.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

Wanvig posted:

That's pretty cool. And that's good news about Greenberry. He was definitely a toughing it out in the Cincy game but I guess it wasn't as bad as it looked.

To further expand on this, I sat next to Zac Spavital and David Gibbs at the banquet tonight and both of them said he'll be fine for the bowl game. Greenberry won the Offensive MVP award and he was walking fine so I'm sure he's ok.

Spavital is pretty pumped about playing Vandy too. He apparently doesn't like their coach.

Fussy Dutchman
Jul 29, 2008
loving Greenberry leaving ND high and dry on signing day.

I suppose that makes everyone here like him more :smith:

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

Fussy Dutchman posted:

That makes everyone outside of South Bend like him more

Fussy Dutchman
Jul 29, 2008
Oh well. David Robinson's kid owns, and the other young receivers look solid.

Hope Greenberry keeps up on doing well though, seemed like a nice kid while he was committed.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Is Danell Ellerbe not working out in Miami? He seemed to be doing fine when I last briefly checked in on you guys.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Fussy Dutchman posted:

It owned quite a bit

Man, Atlanta had me thinking the Texans had the #1 pick completely sewn up for awhile there :smith:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Intruder posted:

It owned quite a bit

Man, Atlanta had me thinking the Texans had the #1 pick completely sewn up for awhile there :smith:

Meh, they won at least one of the Bills/Rodgers-less Green Bay games, whereas I don't really see a winnable game for Houston, except maybe at Tennessee or Indy but not both. Even then, Atlanta is more likely to grab Clowney, leaving us the option of grabbing Bridgewater at #2 or trading down.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

Grozz Nuy posted:

Wasn't Floyd playing nose for a while? What happened with that?

Floyd is an under tackle, but he's ended up playing some nose tackle this season so that they could get him on the field at the same time as Kevin Williams. The plan is for him to eventually take over Kevin Williams' role. I think that Williams has another good year or two left in him. He's indicated that he'd like to come back, but it's not a sure thing. If they keep Williams, then they can add another DT in the mid rounds, but if they don't re-sign Kevin Williams, then bringing in a DT to pair with Floyd becomes a higher priority. After Williams and Floyd, they have Evans who is OK and Guion who is awful.

As for Floyd he is progressing well and is becoming more of a factor every game. He's not having a dominant rookie season like Kevin Williams did, but he's developing into a good player.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

TheBizzness posted:

I was calling

I was calling for a Jordan/Misi/R.Jones line backing unit during the game.

I thought Dansby and Burnett had to go for salary reasons but the D would be really really good if we still had Dansby.

Thanks! I love that Dansby is back with Arizona.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

bhsman posted:

Meh, they won at least one of the Bills/Rodgers-less Green Bay games, whereas I don't really see a winnable game for Houston, except maybe at Tennessee or Indy but not both. Even then, Atlanta is more likely to grab Clowney, leaving us the option of grabbing Bridgewater at #2 or trading down.

I believe we project to have a weaker Strength of Schedule than Atlanta.

Currently Altanta is at .559 and Houston is at .538.

Atlanta has:

Washington (3-10)
San Francisco (9-4)
Carolina (9-4)

21-18

Houston has:

Indianapolis (8-5)
Denver (11-2)
Tennessee (5-8)

24-15

Three game difference isn't enough at that gap. Houston should beat Atlanta on that.

Who you should be worried about is Washington. They would easily trounce Houston on SoS and the Rams would almost assuredly take Bridgewater. What a loving terrible trade that turned out to be for Washington...

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I would laugh my rear end off if the Rams drafted Bridgewater.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Volkerball posted:

I would laugh my rear end off if the Rams drafted Bridgewater.

Yeah. They have Bradford right? Would they try to deal him or cut him or something?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Gatts posted:

Yeah. They have Bradford right? Would they try to deal him or cut him or something?

They would assuredly have to do something stupid to adapt to the stupid thing they just did.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Kirios posted:

Who you should be worried about is Washington. They would easily trounce Houston on SoS and the Rams would almost assuredly take Bridgewater.

Haha no way unless they outright cut Bradford which would be even more funny. (He'd be in Arizona within a week, so please do that Rams).

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Mmmm....you guys may be right - I just figure if the Rams have the #1 pick it would be hard for them to turn down a franchise QB when Bradford hasn't shown enough to prove he's the guy.

They would probably take Clowney though.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Is Danell Ellerbe not working out in Miami? He seemed to be doing fine when I last briefly checked in on you guys.

He and Wheeler have both been real bad. Missing tackles, getting washed out on run plays, etc.

If the Dolphins defensive line wasn't as good as it is, they'd be hosed on run defense.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Too early for them to drop another 1 overall pick on a QB. Plus Bridgewater isn't an immediate upgrade. He'd sit on a bench behind Bradford unless they moved him.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Volkerball posted:

Too early for them to drop another 1 overall pick on a QB. Plus Bridgewater isn't an immediate upgrade. He'd sit on a bench behind Bradford unless they moved him.

Bradford also has a huge salary right? Would they have to find someone to get rid of it or does it tie them down regardless in which case it might not make some kind of financial incentive. I don't think Rams take a QB.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Say what you will about Sam Bradford, but he's been improving and would be a gigantic upgrade for at least 10 teams.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Catfish Noodlin posted:

He and Wheeler have both been real bad. Missing tackles, getting washed out on run plays, etc.

If the Dolphins defensive line wasn't as good as it is, they'd be hosed on run defense.

They also offer next to nothing in coverage.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Kirios posted:

Who you should be worried about is Washington. They would easily trounce Houston on SoS and the Rams would almost assuredly take Bridgewater. What a loving terrible trade that turned out to be for Washington...

Yeah, we still have the driver's seat for #1 at this point.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Aniki posted:

Floyd is an under tackle, but he's ended up playing some nose tackle this season so that they could get him on the field at the same time as Kevin Williams. The plan is for him to eventually take over Kevin Williams' role. I think that Williams has another good year or two left in him. He's indicated that he'd like to come back, but it's not a sure thing. If they keep Williams, then they can add another DT in the mid rounds, but if they don't re-sign Kevin Williams, then bringing in a DT to pair with Floyd becomes a higher priority. After Williams and Floyd, they have Evans who is OK and Guion who is awful.

As for Floyd he is progressing well and is becoming more of a factor every game. He's not having a dominant rookie season like Kevin Williams did, but he's developing into a good player.

To be fair, Kevin Williams played DE his rookie year to take advantage of his pass rushing skills since DT is one of those longer development positions.

Course then he explored at the UT his sophmore year.

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

Kirios posted:

Mmmm....you guys may be right - I just figure if the Rams have the #1 pick it would be hard for them to turn down a franchise QB when Bradford hasn't shown enough to prove he's the guy.

They would probably take Clowney though.

I'm not sure they should or would take Clowney. Consider the fact that they recently extended DE Chris Long, who's pretty good. They also have Robert Quinn playing the other DE spot, who's a legitimate DPOTY candidate in his third season. Unless they want to slide one of those guys inside it just doesn't make much sense to take Clowney when you have two good-to-great players at the position.

Instead, they should trade down to any team willing to jump Houston for the rights to draft Bridgewater. If nobody bites then I guess either Barr or a tackle would make the most sense.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I think it's funny that Bridgewater's evaluation process is taking the same arc as Brian Brohm's. It's like the evaluation process for him is going to mimic lazy draft pundits talking about how hard nosed and corn fed Iowa OTs are.

QB doesn't seem that strong anymore as it did in the beginning of the season. The draft is still incredibly strong throughout the top 100, but I'm not that sold on a few big named prospects. Mike Evans appears to be the doppelganger of Jon Baldwin, Kouandjio doesn't even strike me as a RT at the next level, and Taylor Lewan looks like a sham.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

e: forget this I am dumb

Instead I'll say there's no way to say for sure what the SOS will end up being yet, what if everyone the Texans have played wins out and everyone the Falcons have played loses out or something like that. The fact that the final week is divisional games mitigates that somewhat

Intruder fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Dec 9, 2013

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

DangerKat posted:

To be fair, Kevin Williams played DE his rookie year to take advantage of his pass rushing skills since DT is one of those longer development positions.

Course then he explored at the UT his sophmore year.

I believe he played both LDE and UT during his rookie year where he recorded 10.5 sacks, then in his second year when he played DT full time, he had 11.5 sacks. We still had Chris Hovan for his first two years and then brought in Pat Williams in his third year. I feel like we never adequately replaced Pat Williams and I also feel like Kevin Williams could extend his career by a few years if he decides to play more NT, but he's shown resistance to the idea of switching positions.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

Doltos posted:

I think it's funny that Bridgewater's evaluation process is taking the same arc as Brian Brohm's. It's like the evaluation process for him is going to mimic lazy draft pundits talking about how hard nosed and corn fed Iowa OTs are.

QB doesn't seem that strong anymore as it did in the beginning of the season. The draft is still incredibly strong throughout the top 100, but I'm not that sold on a few big named prospects. Mike Evans appears to be the doppelganger of Jon Baldwin, Kouandjio doesn't even strike me as a RT at the next level, and Taylor Lewan looks like a sham.

There's depth in the QB class, but things get questionable in the top 10 after Bridgewater. You're already seeing guys like Carr and Manziel mocked in the top 10 and it wouldn't be too surprising to see someone like McCarron creep into the top half of the first round. After those guys there is still depth in the QB class, though that did take a hit with both Mettenberger and Murray tearing ACLs towards the end of the season. The QB class certainly isn't as great as it looked before the start of the season, but it's definitely better than last year.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Aniki posted:

There's depth in the QB class, but things get questionable in the top 10 after Bridgewater. You're already seeing guys like Carr and Manziel mocked in the top 10 and it wouldn't be too surprising to see someone like McCarron creep into the top half of the first round. After those guys there is still depth in the QB class, though that did take a hit with both Mettenberger and Murray tearing ACLs towards the end of the season. The QB class certainly isn't as great as it looked before the start of the season, but it's definitely better than last year.

Last year's draft blew for many reasons and this QB class is undoubtedly miles ahead of Manuel, Smith, and Barkley. It's still not exceptionally good, but I wouldn't be that bothered if Bridgewater, Carr, Manziel, or McCarron ended up on a QB starved team. Not Tahj Boyd though. Never Tahj Boyd.

Next year is going to be astronomical. Mettenberger, Mariota, Hundley (Probably), Winston, Hogan, Miller (Maybe). Woo boy am I excite for next years QBs.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

The Rams are gonna be the third pick in the draft. That owns.

Wonder who they pick up? Do you think you sign Cutler and go for something else? Or you draft a QB?

For some reason I thought Bradford was going to be out longer than he was. :downs:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Nobody signs Cuttler. The man likes Chicago and even if he didn't there is no way a sane front office allows him to leave.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

ZenVulgarity posted:

The Rams are gonna be the third pick in the draft. That owns.

Wonder who they pick up? Do you think you sign Cutler and go for something else? Or you draft a QB?

For some reason I thought Bradford was going to be out longer than he was. :downs:

They are? The Rams are bad but there are nine other teams with worse records, and 3 other teams that are tied with them right now. I think the best addition they could make in the draft is sending their first rounder to some team as long as they take Brian Schottenheimer with it.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Doltos posted:

They are? The Rams are bad but there are nine other teams with worse records, and 3 other teams that are tied with them right now. I think the best addition they could make in the draft is sending their first rounder to some team as long as they take Brian Schottenheimer with it.

From the RG3 trade

Unless you're saying wioth your trade talk that they shouldn't use that pick and I'm misunderstanding

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Nobody signs Cuttler. The man likes Chicago and even if he didn't there is no way a sane front office allows him to leave.

I'm not so sure about that...especially now with how well McCown has played in his absence. The Cutler experiment in Chicago may be over, but I kind of think the Bears are hamstrung because he is the best QB they have had which is like being the tallest midget.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

If the Bears let Cutler walk to give the job to Josh McCown then everything I know about football is wrong

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
If Cutler is let go, it won't because McCown is playing so well.

Doltos posted:

Not Tahj Boyd though. Never Tahj Boyd.

Huh? What's wrong with Tajh Bo-oh, it's Doltos.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Intruder posted:

If the Bears let Cutler walk to give the job to Josh McCown then everything I know about football is wrong

I would agree, but realistically, Cutler is a middle of the road QB in this league. Do you really want to shell out 100 million for a middle of the road QB or save a ton of cash and pick one up in the draft? Their defense is terrible, they could use that money elsewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Intruder posted:

From the RG3 trade

Unless you're saying wioth your trade talk that they shouldn't use that pick and I'm misunderstanding

Ah I forgot that the Rams get the Redskin's pick. I was saying that the best addition to the Rams is subtracting their offensive coordinator and implied that the only way someone would take Schottenheimer was if there was a top 5 selection thrown in.

bhsman posted:

If Cutler is let go, it won't because McCown is playing so well.

Huh? What's wrong with Tajh Bo-oh, it's Doltos.

Many things are wrong with Boyd but if you want to discuss that instead of saying oh It's Doltos then I'm willing to do that instead of being passive aggressive about it.

• Locked thread