Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

JGBeagle posted:

Where are you looking? There should be a tooltip that tells you what you're missing.

I can't see a mention of Mali anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Go to Ghana's Kingdom page and click the "De jure" checkbox. It should throw up Mali's CoA with the Empire symbol to the right of Ghana's in the upper right of the header. If you click that it should should show what's missing.

EDIT: I should also mention that this is going by the vanilla game. I have no idea if they changed it in CKII+.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I don't think anyone would judge you if you went into the save and added your holder="<id>" to e_ghana= (which is a titular empire that exists, now that I'm looking into the files) so that would be wrapped up.

Just remember to search for <id>= and change your primary_title from k_ghana to e_ghana or there might be a weird bug that will correct itself on the next inheritance.

NeoAnjou
Jul 22, 2010
From what I recall of CK2+ there is a maintenance pulse which happens roughly every twelve months when you are holding three kingdoms and will somehow create or enable or whatever the decision to form an empire. So, it's possibly just a matter of time...

However, this is based on something like 6 month old knowledge of CK2+

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

JGBeagle posted:

Go to Ghana's Kingdom page and click the "De jure" checkbox. It should throw up Mali's CoA with the Empire symbol to the right of Ghana's in the upper right of the header. If you click that it should should show what's missing.

EDIT: I should also mention that this is going by the vanilla game. I have no idea if they changed it in CKII+.

All empires other than the HRE and Byzantine Empire are titular in CK2+.

Grey, search for Mali in the title search tool, which is in the lower right.

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle
Just surrender to the Empire of Ghana or Ogoonu, how long will you reformist revisionists heathens fight our true heritage? The Well Snake, Ghana and the Ogoonu are one.

I'd be willing to chip in for some of the DLC if necessary (or entirely if it's cheap).

AdventFalls
Oct 17, 2012

When do we learn head explosions?

Readingaccount posted:

Just surrender to the Empire of Ghana or Ogoonu, how long will you reformist revisionists heathens fight our true heritage? The Well Snake, Ghana and the Ogoonu are one.

I'd be willing to chip in for some of the DLC if necessary (or entirely if it's cheap).

I'm willing to buy DLC if necessary.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Mali needs mande culture, the ogoonu are sosso, I think. I cannot see an empire for them they seem to be the only culture who does not have one...

Edit I'm wrong and an idot the sosso empire is the Ghanan Empire

Rumda fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Dec 7, 2013

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
As I recall with CK2+, sometimes you need to give the game a few months to recognize that you meet the empire requirements.

Myoclonic Jerk
Nov 10, 2008

Cool it a minute, babe, let me finish playing with my fake gun.
I read this whole thread today and I have to say I'm loving it - there's nothing better than CKII for hilarious, infidelity and incest filled LPs. It's not the December 7th War in the Pacific 2 I was hoping for, but it's drat fun all the same.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Hey so far the Ogoonus have managed to avoid blatant incest.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Neruz posted:

Hey so far the Ogoonus have managed to avoid blatant incest.

Only because Grey decided against such debauchery. The game gave the Ogoonu plenty of chances!

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Every one knows its fine if you marry your (half) sister to your son.

Rumda fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Dec 8, 2013

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

nimby posted:

Only because Grey decided against such debauchery. The game gave the Ogoonu plenty of chances!

Just wait till you have a bastard that some other guy thinks is their own. I accidentally did that when I lost track of the unnoticed bastard. Especially when the girl had Genius.

And her unknowing brother of the same age also had Genius. Though I suppose their only surviving child having Genius in the end worked out.

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle

veekie posted:

Just wait till you have a bastard that some other guy thinks is their own. I accidentally did that when I lost track of the unnoticed bastard. Especially when the girl had Genius.

And her unknowing brother of the same age also had Genius. Though I suppose their only surviving child having Genius in the end worked out.

Obviously their superior genes were above the whole inbreeding penalty! (Pretty much one of the core argument for racism/dynastic intermarriage whenever the parties are at least aware of the effects of inbreeding.)

Readingaccount fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Dec 8, 2013

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Right, I have the titles sorted, and now I'm just down to this.

I can just edit the files I suppose (again, I'd need to know where/what to do), but that would lose the prestige and not the money.

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle
Since we're in an RP that's actually beneficial to us.
'Mali' just seems wrong though. It doesn't make sense from our perspective, but if it's what Grey wants it's good.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Readingaccount posted:

Since we're in an RP that's actually beneficial to us.
'Mali' just seems wrong though. It doesn't make sense from our perspective, but if it's what Grey wants it's good.

Zeroth has pointed out there is a Ghana one, which works!

Why that does not pop up I will never know.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Grey Hunter posted:

Zeroth has pointed out there is a Ghana one, which works!

Why that does not pop up I will never know.

Let's Play! > A Thousand Years of Misquotes - a Paradox mega-modding tutorial

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Triskelli posted:

Let's Play! > A Thousand Years of Misquotes - a Paradox mega-modding tutorial

If you want your EU4 conversion to not be really stupid you need to mod the hell out of it anyway so I agree with this :v:

Myoclonic Jerk
Nov 10, 2008

Cool it a minute, babe, let me finish playing with my fake gun.

nimby posted:

I feel like, if a character is Lustful, caution should be thrown to the wind for maximum comedy.

A dynasty of twisted harelipped albinos shall rule Africa! It is written in the stars.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

RabidWeasel posted:

If you want your EU4 conversion to not be really stupid you need to mod the hell out of it anyway so I agree with this :v:

When you convert a game from CK2, does the converter plop everything into an mod folder that you just select from the EU4 launcher? That'd make things pretty handy if it works that way.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Samsou-Beri continues to fight the civil war, and continues to get better while doing so.

Unfortunately he is slain soon after.

Sultana Nana of Ghana takes the throne, attractive, gluttonous, greedy, arbitrary and honest.

She comes of age two months later, a fortune builder.

The peasants rise up again, but they have little chance in this time of war. They do not last long.

The civil war drags on, neither side is able to gain a clear advantage.

Nana orders the assassination of the Rebel leader, his replacement begins to at least think about peace. While a white peace is not a crushing victory, it is enough for Nana, the civil war grinds to an end.

The only change in borders is the defection of Cebta to Andalusia.

Nana wishes to create an empire, But first she creates the Kingdoms of Morroco and Algiers, they don't show on the map for some technical reason beyond Nana's ken, but she knows she is Mansa!

She settle for creation of a few chiefdoms. This is good for the prestige of the nation.

Annoyingly, some people are not having problems creating empires.

Tunis finally converts.

This is when Andalusia calls for aid in their war against Aragon. Nana agrees to help her cousin.

Her help is not needed, as the war is over before her troops can get there!

Vexed in this, it is time to take some more Muslim lands.

The Jalilids storm one of our castles before we hit them with the first of our armies.

The enemy are defeated in a series of rapid battles, and soon the warscore is at 57% in our favour.

The Andalucians arrive, and the war is over quickly.

This allows the Sultanate of Africa to be added to the pile of Ogoonu titles.

There are a couple of inheritance issues. The first is that Fatta Ogoonu is apparently going to leave all his lands to Maghan I of Andalucia. As he is a vassal of Demba Ogoonu, Nana is unable to do anything but hope the man has a son. He is only 27, so there is plenty of time.

The second one relates to her husbands tastes. While she does not mind that he prefers men, she would prefer that he give her at least one son. 400 gold gets a divorce and Nana remarries a minor nobleman.

To celebrate the beginning of a new decade, and in acknowledgement of the size and splendour of Ghana. Nana proclaims an Empire.

She then celebrates Ogoonu style.

She also uses this as an opportunity to restructure the realm.

A few months later the the first Emperor is born.

Another person plots to attack Ghana, it is a shame that Empress Nana of Ghana (not as funny) picks such poor assassins.

Their retaliation is more effective.

A second son is born to Nana.

Something goes wrong, and Nana becomes the second leader to die in childbirth. The child does not survive.
To make matters worse, this is when Halil decides to attack.

Abi-Bakr is to young to say anything about except he is an attractive baby. The thirty thousand men are more of an immediate worry.

With a child on the throne, the crown authority does not last long.

We smash into the Muslim invaders. We do not know what they hope to do, the population here is now firmly Saheilan. They do not last land against the might of our armies.

The time has come to extinguish the last bit of Muslim territory between the Ghanan Empire and the Abbasids.

Meanwhile, the new Emperor is working hard at ruling the realm.

The war goes very well until the Abbasids send in their army, this tilts the balance of power back towards our enemies.

With tens of thousands of new troops flowing into the region, Regent Bonga is forced to concede a white peace while there going is still good.

Things may have gone better if the chiefs could focus on something more than their petty struggles, but this is Ghana.

This is a setback, but of course, Ghana prevails.

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle
Speaking of petty struggles, let's reclaim Ceuta!

Readingaccount fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Dec 9, 2013

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Readingaccount posted:

Obviously their superior genes were above the whole inbreeding penalty! (Pretty much one of the core argument for racism/dynastic intermarriage whenever the parties are at least aware of the effects of inbreeding.)

Well the only surviving child. There were four, two were defective(retard, bum leg) who died of disease, and one died of inability to digest knives.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

veekie posted:

Well the only surviving child. There were four, two were defective(retard, bum leg) who died of disease, and one died of inability to digest knives.

Give evolution some time and it'll have the whole knife digestion thing worked out.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
The Pretty Borders faction demands Ceuta, Scandinavia and the territory in between.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

I hadn't realised we were so late in the game! There's about two hundred or so years that've gone without self indulgent quasi historical rambling! Will have to do some tonight.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.

Readingaccount posted:

Speaking of petty struggles, let's reclaim Ceuta!

Hear hear! Theiveing Andalusian buggers, just because you were family doesn't mean you can take our borderslands! :argh:

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Poor Empress Nana of Ghana.. I imagine massing your armies takes months, marching them another months..

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

That baby emperor is giving his regent some major stinkeye, I guess.

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine
The Unpretty Borders Faction asks that the new Empire expel and murder all Pretty Borders Faction people.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

alex314 posted:

Poor Empress Nana of Ghana.. I imagine massing your armies takes months, marching them another months..

Yeah, we can call on 57,000 men atm, of them, 12,000 or so come from South east Ghana, and have a huge distance to march to get to the front - they can't even use ships!

The Abbasids can call on nearly 100,000 men, so this may well be our borders until I can break up the Abbasids a bit. or get lucky. They have less distance to march than we do and dropped into the war with their armies when we were at 92% warscore!

Ubern00b
Nov 4, 2009
If you do not pay homage to the Well Snake ..
http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/regional/artikel.php?ID=294628

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
Any Karling holdouts?

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Grey Hunter posted:

Yeah, we can call on 57,000 men atm, of them, 12,000 or so come from South east Ghana, and have a huge distance to march to get to the front - they can't even use ships!

The Abbasids can call on nearly 100,000 men, so this may well be our borders until I can break up the Abbasids a bit. or get lucky. They have less distance to march than we do and dropped into the war with their armies when we were at 92% warscore!

Maybe instead of going for more African territory, you could conquer more countries in Iberia to be rulled by Ogoonus.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

African Iberia seems like a fine idea. Only problem might be getting CBs on stuff you don't border... maybe some holy war is in order?

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Guys, we have at least 2 more games to go through. We don't need to worry about conquering everything yet.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

The Ogoonu's have been waiting for their rightful reclamation of Mecca for hundreds of years, a little impatience is understandable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AStrangeDuelist
Nov 27, 2013
Conquer Iberia. Two reasons: one it's easier to consolidate and two because once we convert into EUIV we'll border France which will make Westernisation easier.

• Locked thread