Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonkish
May 19, 2004

fivre posted:

And it only gets you banned sometimes.

Yet Confederate Battle Flags are A-OK!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

fivre posted:

And it only gets you banned sometimes.

I didn't need to be sniping on the reddit server anyway.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Any of the night crew need to cheese bomber bomber ribbons? Friend me- lljkGSG

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

God gently caress the airburst bomber assignment. If you guys thought the jets was bad, wait till you need to get 3 bomber ribbons.

Edit:

GoatSeeGuy posted:

Any of the night crew need to cheese bomber bomber ribbons? Friend me- lljkGSG

I'm on late often and yeah I need to cheese it. probably the only way it can be done. origin id: Mr-C1trus

Mr.Citrus fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Dec 11, 2013

Ark
Aug 20, 2000

Mr.Citrus posted:

I'm on late often and yeah I need to cheese it. probably the only way it can be done. origin id: Mr-C1trus

Friend request sent, would like to get this done. Origin GT: ProWessler

Fuckin' Megalodons? Some guys theory on a giant hidden easter egg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk5fdlbwL34

Ark fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Dec 11, 2013

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

DangerZoneDelux posted:

You just described a prison shiv

I looked it up and it's actually a railroad spike v:v:v

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Fun Shoe
Jesus christ, the MP7 is death incarnate. It just mows people down. I like it more than the AK5C.

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Here you go, op :toot:
Did they tweak the guns with the Canada Rising? I took a break for a couple weeks and came back but the guns definitely feel different in CR.

On the other hand, I'm making the entire server rage with SUAV. This is glorious

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
Can I get banned for making an emblem of Chris Dorner's face?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Probably not. You'll be lucky if anyone recognizes him. I've been sporting Sgt. Chowdown and the first comment I got about it was "Hitler eating a hot dog".

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

OneEightHundred posted:

only profane things have gotten people bans (dicks), and even then only temp bans.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Oh wait, dirty stuff gets bans? I thought it was only overtly racist stuff like swastikas.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Defiant Sally posted:

I keep getting display driver errors. Randomly, it seems, my game will lock up and a message will pop up in the tray saying 'Display driver has stopped working and has recovered'. I'm using an EVGA GTX 780 on Windows 7 and have tried several different drivers and yet the problem persists. Does anyone have any ideas or work arounds for this?

Worth trying this if the Firefox fix mentioned before doesn't work > http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/guru3d_driver_sweeper

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

So, I got this game during the black friday sale, and I'm only now getting a chance to play it. Why does it seem like there's not that many servers? Is the playerbase much smaller than Battlefield 3 or has the expansion pack already split up the player base or something? Or are my server filters just too specific? It really seems like there be a lot more servers and players.

Also, my Origin ID is Rotten_Red_Rod, if anyone wants to add me.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

You have some weird filters enabled. There are many servers.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Gonkish posted:

Yet Confederate Battle Flags are A-OK!

Yup. What's the problem?

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

Move over UCAV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh8voPESN70

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Rotten Red Rod posted:

So, I got this game during the black friday sale, and I'm only now getting a chance to play it. Why does it seem like there's not that many servers? Is the playerbase much smaller than Battlefield 3 or has the expansion pack already split up the player base or something? Or are my server filters just too specific? It really seems like there be a lot more servers and players.

Also, my Origin ID is Rotten_Red_Rod, if anyone wants to add me.

If it works anything like BF3's Battlelog server display, which it sure seems to, more specific filters will yield better results (unless those specific filters actually are unpopular).

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

alg posted:

You have some weird filters enabled. There are many servers.

Ah, I see what the problem is, I had to re-sort the server list by player count after I let it load all the way. It was listing a lot of full servers further down the list.

Is there a central repository for goon Origin ID names, or a Mumble server this time? I don't see anything about that in the OP.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

this has been posted like 90 times, and I've never seen people actually manage a roadkill on anyone other than ultrabads.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Godholio posted:

Yup. What's the problem?

The fact that the Confederacy's sole purpose for existing was to perpetuate a profound evil, mostly. Southern apologists have done quite a bit to rehabilitate the CSA's reputation somehow, but trying to use that flag of all things to display southern pride is a pretty despicable thing. It should be seen in the exact same light as the swastika now is.

Mr.Citrus posted:

this has been posted like 90 times, and I've never seen people actually manage a roadkill on anyone other than ultrabads.

Well now I feel ultrabad. I had a squad of guys doing nothing but throwing SUAVs and UCAVs from the uncap on Lancang Dam just now. We were just trying to defend C from another squad, and we were getting killed by these things left and right. We were moving around plenty, but there's really not much in the way of cover there.

PittTheElder fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Dec 11, 2013

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Anyone actually use UCAV? poo poo has the reload time of forever so I'm not sure how useful it is. Does it have a big blast radius or something?

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

You throw down the ammo bag first, and then you can spam as many UCAVs as you want, allegedly. And it does 50 damage to vehicles for some reason.

washow
Dec 1, 2007

PittTheElder posted:

You throw down the ammo bag first, and then you can spam as many UCAVs as you want, allegedly. And it does 50 damage to vehicles for some reason.

Huh I tried this and it didn't seem to work. I mean if I can do that this poo poo is godlike

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

PittTheElder posted:

Yeah, as long as you don't move outside of the resupply radius of an existing ammo box you resupply a new one about 5 seconds or so after the old one dies. If you move too far or put down a new bag the resupply is a couple of minutes.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Ah, I see what the problem is, I had to re-sort the server list by player count after I let it load all the way. It was listing a lot of full servers further down the list.

Is there a central repository for goon Origin ID names, or a Mumble server this time? I don't see anything about that in the OP.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3568965

More or less. Eurogoons might be something different.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Updated the game and then game locked before I could even spawn on Shanghai/Oblit, restart game, spawn in MAA, game locks 500 yards down the road.

gently caress it I'll try another night when I have been drinking.

OneEightHundred posted:

Be sure to share it so we (I) can get banned also. kthx

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Uranium 235 posted:

This is seriously the Phantom Prospect assignment (spoilered in case anyone cares):

Have premium.
Score 200 kills with Assault rifles 0/200
Score 200 kills with Main battle tanks 0/200
Get a 300 meter headshot 0/300

Here's how you can see the objectives:

Go to Leaderboard, click the skull icon at the bottom left (it's faint), and enter "bumpinthenight" as the password. It says to stand by, but if you go to the assignments page and look at the Phantom Prospect assignment, the ? will be replaced by the objectives listed above.

For some reason when I try this it won't accept any keys I type except enter. Will it just not work on firefox or is there something I'm missing here?

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

For some reason when I try this it won't accept any keys I type except enter. Will it just not work on firefox or is there something I'm missing here?

I had to use Chrome, the keys didn't seem to work in Firefox. :dice:

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Ark posted:

Friend request sent, would like to get this done. Origin GT: ProWessler

Fuckin' Megalodons? Some guys theory on a giant hidden easter egg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk5fdlbwL34

Welp, never playing Paracel Storm again.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Welp, never playing Paracel Storm again.

Please tell me that it's actually true :pray:

I want to be able to unleash a GIANT FUCKIN' SHARK that swallows all the boats on the map.

washow posted:

Anyone actually use UCAV? poo poo has the reload time of forever so I'm not sure how useful it is. Does it have a big blast radius or something?

As someone with near on 1300 UCAV kills, yes it is hilariously useful. Especially against transport helos and LBs, since it has a tendency to either blow out the pilot and his repairmonkeys, or mobility-kill it, sending it into an unrecoverable spiral. :getin:

PittTheElder posted:

The fact that the Confederacy's sole purpose for existing was to perpetuate a profound evil, mostly. Southern apologists have done quite a bit to rehabilitate the CSA's reputation somehow, but trying to use that flag of all things to display southern pride is a pretty despicable thing. It should be seen in the exact same light as the swastika now is.

Am I the only one that doesn't get bent out of shape over people's emblems? Jesus christ, it's some dipshit with a confederate flag! CALL THE FBI WE HAVE A SLAVER HERE! :rolleyes: Straight up, you at best see the emblem for 10 seconds in a match. Is it so triggering to your poor self-righteous self to see something that can be called offensive for a whole 10 seconds in a game where you literally see people get blown the gently caress up every 10-20 seconds whenever you play? I understand that moral outrage is the cool new thing, but jesus christ. Report and move on. It's not a swastika, it's not hate speech, it's not even open racism!

Naturally Selected fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Dec 11, 2013

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Ive never had a sound loop crash :smug:

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Naturally Selected posted:

As someone with near on 1300 UCAV kills, yes it is hilariously useful. Especially against transport helos and LBs, since it has a tendency to either blow out the pilot and his repairmonkeys, or mobility-kill it, sending it into an unrecoverable spiral. :getin:
:stonk:

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Am I the only one that doesn't get bent out of shape over people's emblems? Jesus christ, it's some dipshit with a confederate flag! CALL THE FBI WE HAVE A SLAVER HERE! :rolleyes: Straight up, you at best see the emblem for 10 seconds in a match. Is it so triggering to your poor self-righteous self to see something that can be called offensive for a whole 10 seconds in a game where you literally see people get blown the gently caress up every 10-20 seconds whenever you play? I understand that moral outrage is the cool new thing, but jesus christ. Report and move on. It's not a swastika, it's not hate speech, it's not even open racism!

No, you're not... Who knew goons would fall over themselves to be the first to be morally outraged on new and unexplored frontiers?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Space Jam posted:

Added a Karl Pilkington emblem to the spreadsheet

Head like a loving orange.

parsleyc
Sep 28, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It wouldn't work in Firefox for me for whatever reason. I used Chrome to do it.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

64-player obliteration is really where it's at. I think I have more bomb carrier kills than anything else-the rage is amazing. Lately been running with a couple goons and together we end up pretty much making GBS threads hot death all over everyone and everything that even comes near the bomb. It's honestly a little upsetting when a UCAV only nets me one kill.

Airburst UCAVs really are a separate game, though. You just sit back, pop on a movie on the second screen, mute all game sound, and rack up the tears. And oh god are there a lot of tears. I actually had a guy today start hacking just to kill me (AR headshots from US carrier to CN spawn).

poo poo is pretty pointless on conquest though, since you don't have those massings of infantry/armor that you can position yourself perfectly to counteract. The two big exceptions are Flood Zone and Zavod-rooftop snipers and helis there are good pickings.

E: also holy poo poo :siren: There's now a share selection for your emblems! :siren: It's under the customize menu and applies per emblem.

Naturally Selected fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Dec 11, 2013

washow
Dec 1, 2007

What is this airburst UCAV???

Just played a few rounds. I was racking up mad kills but only about 20 ~ 30. Still takes like 20 seconds to reload but once in a while it reloads in like 5. Not sure what's up

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

washow posted:

What is this airburst UCAV???

Just played a few rounds. I was racking up mad kills but only about 20 ~ 30. Still takes like 20 seconds to reload but once in a while it reloads in like 5. Not sure what's up

Airburst is an ability you get from the I'm Dynamite assignment. Instead of having to ram it into targets, you can just fly over them and boom it-it has a pretty drat huge radius of effect, and lets you take out squads behind cover by simply flying over and booming them in the face. Means you never miss a moving target, basically. You can still get a triple kill and a movement critical on a boat from a good 6 feet over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Airburst is an ability you get from the I'm Dynamite assignment. Instead of having to ram it into targets, you can just fly over them and boom it-it has a pretty drat huge radius of effect, and lets you take out squads behind cover by simply flying over and booming them in the face. Means you never miss a moving target, basically. You can still get a triple kill and a movement critical on a boat from a good 6 feet over it.

Dang... Any tips on getting the bomber delivery ribbon fast? I rarely get the chance to get in there haha

• Locked thread